PDA

View Full Version : WCS in paris April 18,19,20.....

FoxyFunkster
15th-February-2008, 01:16 PM
Just got an email about a WCS weekender in paris in April on the 18th,19th and 20th, John Lindo, Mary Ann Nunez, Ben and Melina and others......sounds like a good thing to me....Le site du West Coast Swing à Paris, avec le Festival : Paris Workshop 2008 (http://www.swingdanse.fr) is the site

So WCS lovers how about this for april`s WCS diary

April 11 WCS champs in weston
April 18 Paris
April 25 Jordan and Tat intensive in northampton
May 1-4 ....Swing Diego.............Lots to look forward to......

Caro
15th-February-2008, 01:44 PM
sounds good to me!!! haven't heard much about it yet, my friend Emie is going I think. Will investigate... :wink:

You should add Blaze on your calendar - the weekend after swing diego, with Mario Robau... :whistle:

robd
15th-February-2008, 02:15 PM
You should add Blaze on your calendar - the weekend after swing diego, with Mario Robau... :whistle:

:yeah:

Though maybe he'll already have experienced Mario's teaching by that point - but there are plenty of other reasons to go to Blaze besides that......

FoxyFunkster
15th-February-2008, 05:40 PM
:yeah:

Though maybe he'll already have experienced Mario's teaching by that point - but there are plenty of other reasons to go to Blaze besides that......

Mario is in town over the weekend of the 14,15th of march.......blaze straight after swing diego??? getting even better......

FunkyAngel
17th-February-2008, 08:17 PM
April 11 WCS champs in weston
April 18 Paris
April 25 Jordan and Tat intensive in northampton
May 1-4 ....Swing Diego.............Lots to look forward to......

And before that one, there's also:
March 7-9 Ben & Melina in Montpellier
March 21-24 Chris Jones & Debbie d'Aquino in Paris

No shortage of US pros over in France at the moment it seems....

FunkyAngel

Minnie M
17th-February-2008, 09:41 PM
I would love to go to this - JOHN LINDO is amaaaaaaaaaaazing :respect: a fab character and a great personality, I wish John & Wes would book him for Southport - I know he would go down sooooooooo well :clap:

I am a bit worried about the language barrier - not only with fellow dancers but in general - I only know school girl french

Jamie
18th-February-2008, 12:50 AM
I'll translate for you all cause I'm well good at French now, ennit! Oui! :waycool:

Caro
18th-February-2008, 01:15 AM
I'll translate for you all

cheers, really appreciate mate :flower:
I was afraid of the barrier language too, my French is only university girl level ;)

Moon-Fr
20th-February-2008, 06:51 PM
Hello all,
first, thank you for excusing my rought translation ....:blush:

I'm philippe, the WCS All Stars organistor. For the WCS lovers, i think the line-up is superb !!!
John LINDO (charism, personality and kindness) and Mary Ann NUNEZ (personality, technical mastery) : have these two persons on the same training course is simply incredible. Moreover we have Ben And Melina, and the french teachers Olivier RIO and Amandine.
Really, an event of not missing!

You can ask me for all the precision which you wish ... and if you are enough many I can make you a preferential group rate. ;)

thanks, best regards
Philippe

Minnie M
20th-February-2008, 07:04 PM
Hello all,

I'm philippe, the organistor..............

Welcome Phillipe / Moon-Fr

I do hope you stay on this forum - we welcome our friends from afar :hug:

I am really excited about your event - but wish there was an English version - I have emailed you from your web site as well for some info but as yet had no reply.

Stuff, like start / finish times (when registration time is and what time the event finishes) dancing times as well as day schedule. Is the event in a hotel where you can get accomodation, if not do you recommend a hotel where most delegates are staying etc

PS: Thank you for getting the most wonderful John Lindo to cross the pond

Moon-Fr
20th-February-2008, 07:32 PM
...I have emailed you from your web site as well for some info but as yet had no reply.....

Sorry, but i did not receive an e-mail from you :sad:, please send me it at swingdanse@free.fr

No problem, i will stay on this forum. But scusing for my rought translation, my english isn't very good.

Registration time is on Friday, 18 from 6:30 pm till 8:00 pm.
From 8:30 pm to 10:30pm : common workshops
after 10:30pm : Dance Party !!!!

Festival will end on Sunday, 20 at 4:00 pm.
I can give you a list of hotels, and even take charge of bookings if you wish it.

thanks for your interest, best regards
philippe

Minnie M
20th-February-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry, but i did not receive an e-mail from you :sad:, please send me it at swingdanse@free.fr

No problem, i will stay on this forum. But scusing for my rought translation, my english isn't very good.

Registration time is on Friday, 18 from 6:30 pm till 8:00 pm.
From 8:30 pm to 10:30pm : common workshops
after 10:30pm : Dance Party !!!!

Festival will end on Sunday, 20 at 4:00 pm.
I can give you a list of hotels, and even take charge of bookings if you wish it.

thanks for your interest, best regards
philippe

:yeah: :hug:

Thank you - will email you for any other info

Happy posting

Lynda

FunkyAngel
20th-February-2008, 07:53 PM
I am really excited about your event - but wish there was an English version - I have emailed you from your web site as well for some info but as yet had no reply.

Minnie,
I've got all the info that Phillipe kindly sent through and can translate if needed if there's anything you're missing.

Phillipe also mentioned the possibility of a group rate if there are enough people interested - who is thinking of going? It's a cheap time of year for flights etc and the website has a good deal with a local hotel too...

Nothing to do with the event but do plan on going.

FunkyAngel

Minnie M
20th-February-2008, 08:18 PM
Minnie,
I've got all the info that Phillipe kindly sent through and can translate if needed if there's anything you're missing.

Phillipe also mentioned the possibility of a group rate if there are enough people interested - who is thinking of going? It's a cheap time of year for flights etc and the website has a good deal with a local hotel too...

Nothing to do with the event but do plan on going.

FunkyAngel

thanks FunkyAngel - will chat to you about it this weekend (if that's OK) :hug:

Caro
20th-February-2008, 10:23 PM
happy to help too with the translation / logistics if needed, just PM me (goes for Philippe too ;) ) :flower:

Little Monkey
20th-February-2008, 11:08 PM
I am soooooooooooooooo tempted by this............. Oh no, I really should be sensible with my money and not go, but.......... I wanna go!!!!

Little Miss
21st-February-2008, 03:03 PM
Hmmmmm, why doesn't money (and time for that matter) grow on trees????

Selfishly wish these events weren't happening so I didn't have to spend time dwelling on the fact that I can't go :tears::tears::tears:

Shall just have to focus on the fact that I am getting to go to Weston :clap::drool::clap:

Moon-Fr
28th-February-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi All,
Just a small message to say you that the schedule is now on-line on the wbesite. Le site du West Coast Swing Ã* Paris, avec le Festival : Paris Workshop 2008 (http://www.swingdanse.fr)
:waycool:

Other thing, I am arranged has to make you an "groups rate", if you are enough many, the only condition is to be a balanced enough group.
More than 10 persons : 115 Euro for each, and if you are 20 persons 100 euro for each!

For information, I am negotiating the hotels prices, as well as for the restaurants!

Do not miss this occasions to take lessons with John Lindo and Mary Ann Nunez, on the same workshop!

Best regards - Philippe :hug:

Little Monkey
28th-February-2008, 04:18 PM
Any Scots going? :flower:

Jamie
13th-March-2008, 02:37 PM
I need to inquire about this, James wants to come to Paris for my birthday and because he likes his multitasking, he wants to come to this too. If he can get to it I might be able to come for the freestyles at night, I'm getting my bi-lingual friends over here to translate for me but if someones doing a group booking myself and James would like to join!

Can someone let me know?

Thanks xx

Caro
13th-March-2008, 02:42 PM
if someones doing a group booking myself and James would like to join!

haven't done anything myself yet - not sure who's going given that it is just after Weston... I might go if I find cheap tickets