PDA

View Full Version : The 'sters

Andy McGregor
8th-October-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Nice to put a face to the name, tonight, Pammy. I knew you immediately from your photo...

Personally speakng, when I met Pammy I was surprised at how short I am:tears:

Don't tell the Sheepster who I am, he hasn't worked it out yet :D

Sheepster, Pamster, Boomster, Christer it all works. What is wrong with my name it doesn't fit - Andyster:confused:

Only people who can end their name 'ster' can be truly great. Please help me:wink:

p.s. I had a dull Council meeting tonight. It was a boring meeeting about 'Public Consultation on the Planning Process' :tears: As I'm chairman the meeting ended in time for me to go to dancing - I went to Dorking Leroc:D And as a bonus I found out that if you get there really late you only pay £3:D

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
Sheepster, Pamster, Boomster, Christer it all works. What is wrong with my name it doesn't fit - Andyster:confused:
Only people who can end their name 'ster' can be truly great. Please help me:wink:

Tenuous maybe, but how about 'McGregster'?:nice:

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 12:56 AM
p.s. I had a dull Council meeting tonight. It was a boring meeeting about 'Public Consultation on the Planning Process' :tears: As I'm chairman the meeting ....
We don't elect these councillors to talk about that kind of cr*p.

Why didn't you teach them to do something useful, like the First Move, or something???

Chrid

Andy McGregor
8th-October-2003, 12:58 AM
We don't elect these councillors to talk about that kind of cr*p.

Why didn't you teach them to do something useful, like the First Move, or something???

Chrid

I'll get it on the next agenda. Along with the 'Monkey Blow-job':devil:

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 01:01 AM

Chrid

I meant Chridster, of course....:waycool:

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:04 AM
:what: Right, that's it, I have been up too long, I thought you just said there's a move called the Monkey blow-job. I'm obviously looking at English, but reading it as foreign, bedtime for boo boo.:what:

ChrisA

At least you'll get to Dorking Leroc a bit earlier.

I spose council taxes will go up on account of actually having to use fossil fuels to heat the building...

ChriS

Andy McGregor
Originally posted by Boomer
Tenuous maybe, but how about 'McGregster'?:nice:

You may be just a beginner but you show promise Boomster:cheers:

Please remember that The Tramp is claiming to be 'Just a Beginner' and he was a finalist in the Jive Masters competition.

And what were you doing to the Pamster that she spent so long doing the blues with you? Did you know that if there is a product of your union you will have the CSA after you:devil:

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 01:07 AM
... and he was in the Jive Maters competition.

Not usually a comps man myself, but I could make an exception for this one.

Chrid.

I mean Chris.

Should we go upstairs???

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:09 AM
And what were you doing to the Pamster that she spent so long doing the blues with you? Did you know that if there is a product of your union you will have the CSA after you:devil:

:blush: Don't you start as well:tears: She's been picking in me all day:blush: She seems to derive some kind of perverse pleasure from making lil ol me:innocent: blush:blush:

:nice:

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 01:10 AM
You may be just a beginner but you show promise Boomster:cheers:

Please remember that The Tramp is claiming to be 'Just a Beginner' and he was a finalist in the Jive Masters competition.

Let the record show that the McGregster can hit the "edit" button faster than a very fast fast thing on a very fast day.

Not fast enough tho... this is what it said originally...

"You may be just a beginner but you show promise Boomster

Please remember that The Tramp is claiming to be 'Just a Beginner' and he was in the Jive Maters competition."

Andy McGregor
8th-October-2003, 01:11 AM
:what: Right, that's it, I have been up too long, I thought you just said there's a move called the Monkey blow-job.

There is, and I can do it as a man or a woman. The bj bit is only relevant to the signal. I wish I knew a non-sexual name for this move so I could teach it to my kids:what:

There is an even scarier version of this move called the washing machine which I've only done as a woman. The problem I've found is that you get chinned in the goolies part way through:tears: :tears: :tears:

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:12 AM
Let the record show that the McGregster can hit the "edit" button faster than a very fast fast thing on a very fast day.

Not fast enough tho... this is what it said originally...

"You may be just a beginner but you show promise Boomster

Please remember that The Tramp is claiming to be 'Just a Beginner' and he was in the Jive Maters competition."

You think he was so busy thinking o fPammywammy doin da blues, that he let slip in a Freudian way?:devil: :grin:

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:15 AM
There is, and I can do it as a man or a woman. The bj bit is only relevant to the signal. I wish I knew a non-sexual name for this move so I could teach it to my kids:what:

There is an even scarier version of this move called the washing machine which I've only done as a woman. The problem I've found is that you get chinned in the goolies part way through:tears: :tears: :tears:

:really: :what: ...:really: :what: What on earth have I let myself in for?

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 01:16 AM
thinking o fPammywammy doin da blues,
I note that your keyboard control also becomes slightly sub-optimal at this point...

Chris

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:18 AM
I note that your keyboard control also becomes slightly sub-optimal at this point...

Chris

:really: ...no, even as a joke that would be too risque. This post shall remain downstairs...well, its not going up because of me.

Andy McGregor
8th-October-2003, 01:18 AM
You think he was so busy thinking o fPammywammy doin da blues, that he let slip in a Freudian way?:devil: :grin:

I had both hands on the keyboard the whole time, honest.

I've only go dial up at home and it's painfully slow and my hands are a bit shaky after a night dancing - hopefully Sue'll be asleep when I get to bed - I'm staying up and playing on the Forum until she nods off so I don't get pestered for 'just one more dance':devil:

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:19 AM
:really: ...no, even as a joke that would be too risque. This post shall remain downstairs...well, its not going up because of me.

Oh god that sounds even worse (puts head in hands and gently weeps):tears: :tears: :blush:

The edit was for McGregster, can't have him feeling responsible for my gaffs. Nite-nite mate.

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 01:22 AM
it's painfully slow and my hands are a bit shaky after a night dancing - hopefully Sue'll be asleep when I get to bed - I'm staying up and playing

Possibly slightly more detail than was required...

Chris

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 01:23 AM
...well, its not going up
Do I want to read about your problems????

C

Andy McGregor
8th-October-2003, 01:23 AM
Oh god that sounds even worse (puts head in hands and gently weeps):tears: :tears: :blush:

I said I had BOTH hands on the keyboard. I'm not going to be to blame for this thread going upstairs. I'm going to upstairs to bed. Night night Boomer and ChrisA (sters).

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:24 AM
Possibly slightly more detail than was required...

Chris
:rofl: :rofl: That is outrageously out of context :rofl: :cheers:

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 01:33 AM
Do I want to read about your problems????

C
Hey, you can't quote people out of context, that's unfair.

ChrisA
8th-October-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Chris I thoroughly enjoyed our dance last night; and I certainly wouldn't describe you as being crap.
Thank you :nice: I enjoyed it too.

Next week though, you and Boomer can split me down the middle if you like :grin:

Px
:eek::eek: :eek: :eek:

I will say no more... far be it from me to quote anyone out of context... :wink:

Seeya,
Chris

Pammy
8th-October-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Cheeky Chrisster
far be it from me to quote anyone out of context... :wink:

And far be it for any of us to quote in context either! :wink:

Sheepman
15th-October-2003, 03:58 PM
And far be it for any of us to quote in context either! :wink:
Just reminding you!
G x

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Just reminding you!
G x

Just had a thought, I can make t-shirts at work; we could have 'sters t-shirts!

I could post anyone WHO WANTS ONE an iron on 'sters transfer and thus it would be obvious who WE are.

Notice I used the royal WE.

Px

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 12:56 PM

I could post anyone WHO WANTS ONE an iron on 'sters transfer and thus it would be obvious who WE are.

Px

Go on then, give us one.

Minnie M
4th-November-2003, 12:56 PM

How about a 'forumite' tea shirt transfer ?? we could decorate it with our own avatar :D

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 01:00 PM
Go on then, give us one.

Yes, but do you want a transfer? :rofl:

And Minnie; I'll happily add on your avatar; but what will we do with Andy M's? :what: :tears:

Px

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 01:11 PM
The avatar idea sounds good, but don’t think it would work for me :sad: Is there anyway of enlarging (easy Pammy) a small gif without losing any/much of the definition? If not, I’ll just have to make do with a standard emblem :tears:

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 01:13 PM
The avatar idea sounds good, but don’t think it would work for me :sad: Is there anyway of enlarging (easy Pammy) a small gif without losing any/much of the definition? If not, I’ll just have to make do with a standard emblem :tears:

We could have little avatars on the arm and perhaps our signatures on the back, with The 'Sters or Forumites on the front in big.

Px

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 01:15 PM
We could have little avatars on the arm and perhaps our signatures on the back, with The 'Sters or Forumites on the front in big.

Px

Not a bad idea plus, as long as the boss that is Franck has no objections, a little something to do with this forum.

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 01:16 PM
Not a bad idea plus, as long as the boss that is Franck has no objections, a little something to do with this forum.

Frank? Your comments please...

Franck
4th-November-2003, 02:42 PM
Not a bad idea plus, as long as the boss that is Franck has no objections, a little something to do with this forum. Hey! :nice: I'm not the boss... :D

Feel free to make any t-shirt / logo you want including the Forum logo, or the web address. The more people join the better, and it's great to be able to put faces to Forum identities :wink: :waycool:

Franck.

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 03:14 PM

Px
My vote would be for "The 'Sters" rather than forumites (written down it makes me think of some sort of insect :rolleyes:, and I'd like one without avatar or sig, please (unless I can come up with a good one of either in time ;) )

Chris

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy McGregor
[B]

Bardseyster.....nope, doesn't quite work, does it?

Does this mean I'm not great ??
:tears: but my dad always told me I was :tears: Ok, now I'm inconsolable :tears:

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
[B]

Bardseyster.....nope, doesn't quite work, does it?

Does this mean I'm not great ??
:tears: but my dad always told me I was :tears: Ok, now I'm inconsolable :tears:

Bardster?...just careful how you pronounce it :what:

Andy McGregor
4th-November-2003, 03:20 PM
I was about to suggest t-shirts for Camber on that thread. The thing that was stopping me was that most women wouldn't wear a t-shirt out dancing in the evening. But of course the transfers would work on just about anything.

I've had a great deal of experience with t-shirt transfers. There are two types; one for dark fabric and one for white or light colours. In my experience the white/light colours ones wash well, the others crack and peel off quite easily. Also, the fabric has to be able to be ironed with the iron set on cotton or even linen so many synthetic fabrics can't be used.

If we all have inkjet printers we could be emalied the logo at a decent file size. From experience I suggest 180dpi at the size it needs to be printed. Then we could buy some t-shirt transfer paper and make our own shirts. How about agreeing a colour scheme. The Tramp has suggested Orange so how about either orange shirts with a orange out of black logo or white shirts with an orange logo or even orange and white out of black?

If Pammy can't do it I could probably put something together and email it out to people. What do you guys think?

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 03:26 PM
...If we all have inkjet printers we could be emalied the logo at a decent file size. From experience I suggest 180dpi at the size it needs to be printed. Then we could buy some t-shirt transfer paper and make our own shirts. How about agreeing a colour scheme. The Tramp has suggested Orange so how about either orange shirts with a orange out of black logo or white shirts with an orange logo or even orange and white out of black?
If Pammy can't do it I could probably put something together and email it out to people. What do you guys think?

This makes sense and removes the expense, responsiblity and burden from the shoulders of one person.

Colour-scheme, I'd go for the Orange tee with orange+black logo, gets away form black and white on the dance-floor and gives the evening a bit of colour :nice:

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 03:27 PM
Bardster?...just careful how you pronounce it :what:

Yes exactly!!!!

by the way, I'd like a t shirt !!!! I could wear it down in Leeds and advertise the Forum etc, cos there's not enough of us North of England lot on here

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 03:28 PM
Colour-scheme, I'd go for the Orange tee
Zoikes... me? In something not black???

Is this Boomster's revenge ??? :tears:

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 03:32 PM
This makes sense and removes the expense, responsiblity and burden from the shoulders of one person.

Colour-scheme, I'd go for the Orange tee with orange+black logo, gets away form black and white on the dance-floor and gives the evening a bit of colour :nice:

I'll go along with anything and any colour (as long as it's not dog sh** brown or something :rofl: )

Hey, I just made member on here....yippee I'm a grown up now!!!!

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 03:32 PM
Yes exactly!!!!

Fear not ma'am, sure something can be thought up :devil:

Hey! Your avatar was moving in time to 'Tears of a Clown'...:what: even your avatar has better timing than me :tears:

Just because I may look innocent :devil:

Sheepman
4th-November-2003, 03:42 PM
Hey, I just made member on here....yippee I'm a grown up now!!!! Congrats. but you know it is all downhill from here! :wink:

Orange - the one colour my wardrobe lacks, and for a reason, anything but for me please!

Greg

Andy McGregor
4th-November-2003, 03:48 PM

The black isn't really working for you anyway - although I noticed girls giving you sideways glances when you wore a black tee with a bit of glitter. Maybe the Pamster could do you a special black one with orange sequins - bound to be a killer pulling shirt:devil:

What's worrying me is that there is more than one shade of orange. We need to agree on a particular garment from a chain like M&S or something. The alternative is that one of us buys a job lot of orange shirts. My most recently used shirt supplier is here http://www.uneekclothing.com/t-shirts.htm they don't even have orange as an option.

The other option is black shirts with orange embroidery. I get these done all the time for sailing. It'd cost about £8-10 per shirt with plain text, more for a special logo or extra colours. Now it's getting complicated - I'll go quiet on this subject for a few days while I investigate the options....

Dreadful Scathe
4th-November-2003, 03:55 PM

Hey, I just made member on here....yippee I'm a grown up now!!!!

You now need to get a unique avatar - you look too much like Twinkle Toes :)

Ill find one for you if you like, describe yourself in 10 words or less :)

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 03:55 PM
The black isn't really working for you anyway

Ouch. :tears:

The McGregster's revenge. Guess I deserved it :(

Rachel
4th-November-2003, 04:07 PM
Ouch. :tears:

The McGregster's revenge. Guess I deserved it :( Hey, don't listen to him. What was it called? The mean sexy black look. Nothing beats it in my book! Be cool ... be understated ...

Am I the only person here who hates glitter and sparkle? (Sorry ...!)
Rachel

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Boomer
[B]Fear not ma'am, sure something can be thought up :devil:

Let me know if you do.... should be interesting !

Hey! Your avatar was moving in time to 'Tears of a Clown'...:what:

Hey, me and my Atavar, we can really boogie on down......baby!

:wink:

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Hey, don't listen to him. What was it called? The mean sexy black look. Nothing beats it in my book! Be cool ... be understated ...

Am I the only person here who hates glitter and sparkle? (Sorry ...!)
Rachel
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:hug: :hug:

It's Ok, I'm going to steal his shirts tonight :D :D :D :D

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
[B]You now need to get a unique avatar - you look too much like Twinkle Toes :)

Awww but I like this one!

Can't I just put a picture of myself on or do you have to be a senior member or something to do that? Anyway, I'm not describing myself on here.... I'll get all embarassed :blush:

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 04:26 PM

Can't I just put a picture of myself on or do you have to be a senior member or something to do that? Anyway, I'm not describing myself on here.... I'll get all embarassed :blush:

God but I'm crap at this "quote" thing!!! I think I've done it right, then when it's posted, it comes out all wrong.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr :reallymad

Andy McGregor
4th-November-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey, don't listen to him. What was it called? The mean sexy black look. Nothing beats it in my book! Be cool ... be understated ...

IMHO the only problem with the all black look is that it's too easy and has become a cliche in modern jive circles. OK it's cool, it's slimming, doesn't show sweat, etc - but it turns you into a clone just like a crew cut, t-shirt and jeans did for gays in the 70s and 80s. The advantage only works if you're identified as the father with the following line 'All I know about him is that I met him at Ceroc and he was wearing black':wink:

Am I the only person here who hates glitter and sparkle?

YES.

Rachel
4th-November-2003, 04:43 PM
IMHO the only problem with the all black look is that it's too easy and has become a cliche in modern jive circles. OK it's cool, it's slimming, doesn't show sweat, etc - but it turns you into a clone just like a crew cut, t-shirt and jeans did for gays in the 70s and 80s. The advantage only works if you're identified as the father with the following line 'All I know about him is that I met him at Ceroc and he was wearing black':wink:

YES. Ah, well ... fashion has never been my thing, I have to admit. Sorry to all the glitter-philes I may have offended! I just dance to dance. And if a certain type of clothing is too easy, actually, that's all the better in my book - just get it on and get out to dance.
R.

Andy McGregor
4th-November-2003, 05:08 PM
Ah, well ... fashion has never been my thing, I have to admit. Sorry to all the glitter-philes I may have offended! I just dance to dance. And if a certain type of clothing is too easy, actually, that's all the better in my book - just get it on and get out to dance.
R.

There is a phrase I hear regularly at dance classes, it goes something like 'I was watching you and... ..I wondered how... ..I like the way you... ..will you show me... ..etc... ..etc... '. If we all wore black who'd watch us? We dance in dark(ish) caverns. Black doesn't show up in the dark. How'd they see us?

Also, I'm so God-damn sexy in black it wouldn't be fair on mortals like ChrisA:wink:

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 05:15 PM
God but I'm crap at this "quote" thing!!! I think I've done it right, then when it's posted, it comes out all wrong.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr :reallymad
Jill, have you tried the "preview" button??

Chris

Rachel
4th-November-2003, 05:16 PM
There is a phrase I hear regularly at dance classes, it goes something like 'I was watching you and... ..I wondered how... ..I like the way you... ..will you show me... ..etc... ..etc... '. If we all wore black who'd watch us? We dance in dark(ish) caverns. Black doesn't show up in the dark. How'd they see us?

Also, I'm so God-damn sexy in black it wouldn't be fair on mortals like ChrisA:wink: Good point - I guess we can't have everyone walking around like sex gods, or there'd be no dancing getting done at all!

(I tend to panic if I think someone's watching me dancing - black's probably a good colour for me to hide away in then ...)

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 05:18 PM
Also, I'm so God-damn sexy in black it wouldn't be fair on mortals like ChrisA:wink:
Damn right.

When you turned up as me the other week, I was about to go straight home, since there was no point trying to compete....

... but I had to wait until the constant stream of lovely dancers dragging me on to the floor petered out before I could go...

at 11pm :waycool: :waycool:

Chris

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 05:26 PM
Ah, well ... fashion has never been my thing, I have to admit. Sorry to all the glitter-philes I may have offended! I just dance to dance. And if a certain type of clothing is too easy, actually, that's all the better in my book - just get it on and get out to dance.
R.
You always look great to me, hon. :hug:

YES.No.

Though I like it on those it suits - like the Pamster, and, I hate to say it, the McGregster (though mostly in his case because there's no risk of him being mistaken for me :D :D :D )

Chris

Andy McGregor
4th-November-2003, 05:27 PM
... but I had to wait until the constant stream of lovely dancers dragging me on to the floor petered out before I could go...

at 11pm :waycool: :waycool:

Chris

I remember that particular night, I wore black to impersonate you. I was beating them off with a stick. You were lucky they were all women. And you were lucky they only dragged you on to the floor. I got dragged across it and around it, some of the time on my back. :tears:

Wearing black should come with a health warning 'Dancing in this black garment could seriously harm your virginity and that of those around you':devil:

Sheepman
4th-November-2003, 05:34 PM
Maybe, but also one of the few that doesn't need glitter to sparkle!

(Off thread, will you be there tonight?)

Greg

ChrisA
4th-November-2003, 05:34 PM
I remember that particular night, I wore black to impersonate you. I was beating them off with a stick.

Outrageous. Stealing someone's white stick and then beating them with it :what: :what:

Wearing black should come with a health warning 'Dancing in this black garment could seriously harm your virginity and that of those around you':devil:
You get used to it. I just cut the labels off now.. :waycool: :innocent: :waycool: :innocent:

Chris

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 05:35 PM
Jill, have you tried the "preview" button??

Chris

Duh !!!!:blush:

Bardsey
4th-November-2003, 05:38 PM
I remember that particular night, I wore black to impersonate you. I was beating them off with a stick. You were lucky they were all women. And you were lucky they only dragged you on to the floor. I got dragged across it and around it, some of the time on my back. :tears:

:rofl: :rofl: Oh you guys.... what imaginations you have! You should write movies :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
4th-November-2003, 05:58 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Oh you guys.... what imaginations you have! You should write movies :rofl: :rofl: Yeah. They should definitely be on the stage.....

There's one leaving in 10 minutes! :na:

Steve

Pammy
5th-November-2003, 10:25 AM
I don't mind white or orange, but it has to be tight, you know, little v-necked tight t-shirt tops, not wapping great baggy things...

What about plain white with the logo in orange, that way we can all just buy our own tops and do the rest ourselves; how would anyone know what size anyone else was etc. if there was a group purchase.

Orange is nice, but perhaps a little inpractical as tops will be in short demand; unless we dye our own; now we're really getting in depth!

Px

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 12:11 AM
Sorry to be late to this party (I always was a wee bit slow on the uptake). I vote in favour of t-shirts/transfers for the 'sters. Team colours sounds fun (I will wear almost anything in any colour - until this year I had a phobia about wearing red, but that has gone by the board).

My preference would be for us to choose our own t-shirts (as Pammy says - that way you can get a fitted one, or whatever style which you prefer). Have no preference as to colour of transfer - but I don't have an ink jet printer so will have to prevail on the goodwill of a fellow 'ster (although extremely happy to cover all costs). For those addicted to SPARKLE, I have some swarovski crystal components to use as embellishments... :waycool:

The forum is so quiet while you guys are out dancing!

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Divissima
Sorry to be late to this party (I always was a wee bit slow on the uptake). I vote in favour of t-shirts/transfers for the 'sters. Team colours sounds fun (I will wear almost anything in any colour - until this year I had a phobia about wearing red, but that has gone by the board).
Transfers do make more sense, although should the vote go for the whole caboodle - Pre-printed teeshirts - then I have no preference for colour.

For those addicted to SPARKLE, I have some swarovski crystal components to use as embellishments... :waycool:
Ummm, think I'll pass on swarovski :what: Not sure if its my thing...says the man about to wear a McGregster sanctioned shirt :what:

The forum is so quiet while you guys are out dancing!
Awww Divi :hug: , we were here in spirit, as I'm sure you were at Hippies, hope that helps :devil:

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 05:15 AM
...Orange is nice, but...will be in short demand; unless we dye our own ; now we're really getting in depth!

Hide your scissors!!! :really:

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 09:27 AM
Boomer - exactly when do you sleep?? The McGregster shirt is just the beginning. One moment you'll be all "I abhor your swarovski frippery, silly girl" and the next you'll be "Give me SPARKLE.... need SPARKLE". Just you wait and see.:wink:

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 10:26 AM
until this year I had a phobia about wearing red, but that has gone by the board).

Wow! You look stunning in red; sorry, must mention YOUR skirt again!

Don't worry, I'll print your one off.

So, Andy, artwork? Can we agree on a font? Are we going for nicey-nicey or more of a horror theme; perhaps *The Ring* font :wink:

Oh actually no, Boomer likes that film :wink:

Lets get a shimmey on so we can post transfers to those who'll need them.

Px

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 10:26 AM
Lets get a shimmey on

Second thoughts, should that be shimmer :waycool:

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 10:37 AM
Mmmm, gothic horror theme or slightly cuter font. I quite like either idea. Happy to go with whatever Pammy and the McGregster decide (although to make clear I'm not deliberately trying to be indecisive/unhelpful, I'm happy to see alternatives and cast a vote if that would help).

Thank you for kind words about the red outfit, Pamster - your red skirty is the business too (and less indecent than mine! :really: :tears: ). And thank you for offer to supply my transfer - most kind :grin:

Where are you dancing tomorrow?
Shimmer on, dudes :waycool:

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 10:42 AM
Where are you dancing tomorrow?

Really not sure; want to do the WCS but it's a long way out and Hipsters is the easier option, but do I feel like a challenge...

Hmmm, what to do :confused:

You?

Px

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 10:56 AM
For reasons waaaay to complicated to go into here, I can't make Twyford tomorrow night. TwK will have to manage without his number one groupie. So I was thinking, like you, I'd like to try David and Lily's class. Don't know where Bisley is exactly, or how to get there, though. So maybe Hipsters is the best option.

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 10:59 AM
For reasons waaaay to complicated to go into here, I can't make Twyford tomorrow night. TwK will have to manage without his number one groupie. So I was thinking, like you, I'd like to try David and Lily's class. Don't know where Bisley is exactly, or how to get there, though. So maybe Hipsters is the best option.

Do you know anyone else who IS going to Hippies tomorrow though?

Px

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 11:01 AM
So I was thinking, like you, I'd like to try David and Lily's class. Don't know where Bisley is exactly, or how to get there, though. So maybe Hipsters is the best option.
There are location details at http://www.jivebug.co.uk/html/map1.html

I'm going to the beginners class, then I'm considering belting up the M3 to Ealing for the freestyle.

Chris

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 11:38 AM
Pammy wrote:
Do you know anyone else who IS going to Hippies tomorrow though?I do now! The divine ChrisA:waycool: Not sure about anyone else, though.

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 11:39 AM
Somewhat thrillingly, I'm about to break the 200-post barrier. Anyone know how many I need to become a senior citizen of the forum?

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 11:56 AM
Fonts for shirts? Some good ones perhaps, Upper/Lowercase left, Upper only right.

Comments?

Px

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 12:05 PM
Hey, cool! I like (from the top) numbers 1 and 4. Quite like mostly lower case. Prefer number 4. That's my vote, but like them all so happy whatever is decided.

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 12:07 PM
I like No. 4 too.

McG, what do you think?

Px

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 12:24 PM
...Don't know where Bisley is exactly, or how to get there, though. So maybe Hipsters is the best option.

No idea where Bisley is either...but I think its waaay off t path....don't the army have a shooting-range there?....perfect place to bring a 'Hotshot' :devil:

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 12:25 PM
I like No. 4 too.

Yep, No 4, "lower" case gets my vote.

C

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 12:26 PM
Yep, No 4, "lower" case gets my vote. Great work, Pamissima

C

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 12:27 PM
Oops...

:sad:

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 12:29 PM
No idea where Bisley is either...but I think its waaay off t path
You probably need to set off now, to get there by 7.30 tomorrow night :D

Chris

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 12:32 PM
You probably need to set off now, to get there by 7.30 tomorrow night :D

Chris

I'd still be twenty minutes late :sad:

Sheepman
6th-November-2003, 12:36 PM
4 or 1 for me too, or how about the one below.

do we need the "the"?
Annoyed that I can't find that missing font, I'm sure it would be just right.

G

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 12:39 PM
4 or 1 for me too, or how about:-

do we need the "the"?
Annoyed that I can't find that missing font, I'm sure it would be just right.

G

No, don't think we need THE. You were supposed to choose number 5 :wink:

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 12:39 PM
Good news on the Bisley front - Brookwood station (a mere hop-skip-'n'-a-jump from the venue) is only 35 minutes out of Waterloo. That's handy for me, but may be less handy for Boomer/Pammy. What do you reckon?

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 12:40 PM
I'd still be twenty minutes late :sad:

Story of your life!

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 12:41 PM
I agree - don't think we need 'the'

Bardsey
6th-November-2003, 12:43 PM
Yep, No 4, "lower" case gets my vote.

C

I like that one too. Don't forget little old me in Leeds when you have decided. I'm quite happy to go along with anything that's agreed. Quite like the idea of some little glittery motif though, perhaps "The Sters" could be in glitter???:confused:

Bardsey
6th-November-2003, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheepman
[B]4 or 1 for me too, or how about the one below.

That looks good, I like that one.

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 12:46 PM
Are we going with an orange wash?

Px

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 12:48 PM
Pamissima?

I've been promoted :waycool:

Sheepman
6th-November-2003, 12:54 PM
You were supposed to choose number 5 :wink: It's all Greek to me. :confused:

Re. Bisley and Brookwood station, when I last checked the train timetable, there was a "bus replacement service" from Woking to Brookwood, but maybe that was just a Saturday with engineering works. Take a torch/bright clothing, as I reckon it is 15 minutes walk down a country lane from the station. Maybe there will be people able to pick up from the station if you have a mobile?
Getting home afterwards, I can offer up to 3 a lift back to Clapham Junction, but I won't be going back via Hipsters for the last hour or so (not this time anyway.)

Greg

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 12:58 PM
4 or 1 for me too, or how about the one below.

do we need the "the"?
G
Probably not.

Less is more.

Chris

PS ' the "the" ' reminds me of the following puzzle:

Can you think of a sentence which makes perfect sense, and has five consecutive instances of the word "and"?

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 01:03 PM
Are we going with an orange wash?

Px
Don't we want to be able to have white on black as well as black on white??

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 01:45 PM
Good news on the Bisley front - Brookwood station (a mere hop-skip-'n'-a-jump from the venue) is only 35 minutes out of Waterloo. That's handy for me, but may be less handy for Boomer/Pammy. What do you reckon?

Hmmmm, that's not toooo bad, depending on what Sheepy said about a replacement service and its quicker to get to than Hippies...this is ridiculous I can get out of town quicker than I can get about the city I live in! Will give this some thought...but what is WCS?

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 01:52 PM
Take a torch/bright clothing, as I reckon it is 15 minutes walk down a country lane from the station. Maybe there will be people able to pick up from the station if you have a mobile?
Getting home afterwards, I can offer up to 3 a lift back to Clapham Junction, but I won't be going back via Hipsters for the last hour or so (not this time anyway.)

Greg
More than happy to run up to 3 from the station to the venue - I don't think we want our lovely girlsters wandering along country lanes in the dark on their own.

But as I say, I'm planning to head for Ealing after the beginners class - and happy to take anyone back there if that's any use.

Chris

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 02:26 PM
What a pair of true gentlemen you are, Sheepy and Chris. Bisley is sounding a real possibility - will need to work out which is better, logistically, for me. I fancy learning some west coast swing. I am attracted to the WCS/Hipsters double-whammy venue crawl - just have to decide if I am hard-core enough!

Andy McGregor
6th-November-2003, 02:29 PM
Sorry, got distracted by work for a moment - shan't happen again.

I like 4 too. But the subtlety of the vignette would be lost on a t-shirt in a dance venue. Also, the t-shirt transfer material changes the surface of the shirt and is quite visible when there's not colour/image. In my experience it's best to have a frame or solid block that you can cut the transfer material up to. How about a solid orange block, possibly with a wavy top and bottom, with 'sters either reversed out or in black. The letters could even spill artistically out of the box. Then www.cerocscotland.com/forum could be very, very small in the bottom right hand corner. We also need to make a decision on the front/back axis.

Isn't this fun:D :D

I've got to go out shopping this pm, then go to Dartford tonight so I'll be away from my computer - of course, I'll take it as unpaid leave, Pammy.:wink:

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 02:53 PM
In my experience it's best to have a frame or solid block that you can cut the transfer material up to. How about a solid orange block, possibly with a wavy top and bottom, with 'sters either reversed out or in black. The letters could even spill artistically out of the box. Then www.cerocscotland.com/forum could be very, very small in the bottom right hand corner. We also need to make a decision on the front/back axis.

Do you mean like a negative? If so, yes, black box with the word sters in it would be good. I think if we ad. the forum, Greg is right so it should be on the back or it will be obvious. You know, small letters across the back of the shirt, with just sters on the front.

Post an image of what you're suggesting Andy so we can all see :grin:

Px

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 03:21 PM
I am attracted to the WCS/Hipsters double-whammy venue crawl - just have to decide if I am hard-core enough!

Course you are... you went all the way to Australia recently to go dancing :D

Also happy to run you back to Archway afterwards, via Watford too if necessary.

No arguments, please...

Chris

Sheepman
6th-November-2003, 03:40 PM
happy to run you back to Archway afterwards, via Watford too if necessary.
Have you got a meter in that car?

G

Bardsey
6th-November-2003, 03:42 PM
Course you are... you went all the way to Australia recently to go dancing :D

Also happy to run you back to Archway afterwards, via Watford too if necessary.

No arguments, please...

Chris

Sounds like you have great fun in London. Think I'll have to take a look at coming down there sometime soon, as well as going up to Scotland.

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you have great fun in London. Think I'll have to take a look at coming down there sometime soon, as well as going up to Scotland.

Hey, don't say it - do it! :hug: Tip us the wink and we'll lay on the red carpet for you :grin:

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 04:14 PM
ChrisA wrote:
Course you are... you went all the way to Australia recently to go dancing

Well, we really went to Australia for a long holiday - the dancing was just a flimsy pretext and affected the dates we were there. Just as well we didn't go for the dancing really! :tears: But point taken, Bisley is a teeny tiny fraction of the distance. I'm leaning that way....

Also happy to run you back to Archway afterwards, via Watford too if necessary.:hug::hug: You star (but maybe you should get your bumps read/install a meter and start charging!!). A very kind offer.

No arguments, please...If we aren't allowed to argue, how can we sort out how we'll ever repay you??

Bardsey
6th-November-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey, don't say it - do it! :hug: Tip us the wink and we'll lay on the red carpet for you :grin:

Yer on mate ! Let me know when there's something on then I'll book into a B&B and come down.

A friend of mine is dancing in London this weekend, but don't know where exactly. She is meeting up with people who went on a Ceroc holiday this year, could have been Barcelona I think.

:cheers:

Boomer
6th-November-2003, 04:22 PM
Yer on mate ! Let me know when there's something on then I'll book into a B&B and come down.

A friend of mine is dancing in London this weekend, but don't know where exactly. She is meeting up with people who went on a Ceroc holiday this year, could have been Barcelona I think.

Weekends I'm no good for, I work them :sad: whcih means I need at least a weeks notice to book the time off. As for what happens over the weekends...over to the 'sters!

ChrisA
6th-November-2003, 04:36 PM
ChrisA wrote:
If we aren't allowed to argue, how can we sort out how we'll ever repay you??
That's easy.

Just turn up to venues when I'm there.

Chris :hug: :hug:

Divissima
6th-November-2003, 05:13 PM
ChrisA - you are so charming, it's just lovely :waycool:

Sheepman
6th-November-2003, 05:31 PM
Yer on mate ! Let me know when there's something on

Ideal dancing w/e in London (IMHO)
Hipster's Friday (once per month).
The Rivoli (once per month). Or Fleet or Gt Bookham Saturday night, maybe even Windsor, (OK hardly London, but far more enjoyable than Hammersmith or Ashton's).
Sunday lunchtime at the RFH for free band - mostly swing bands - once per month.
Sunday night at the 100 club for a great band, if you can stand the smoke.

Of course it may be about 2007 before these 3 all coincide in one weekend, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Greg

Pammy
6th-November-2003, 05:34 PM
The Rivoli (once per month).

Can we have a group planned trip to the Rivoli, all of us???

PpppllllllLEEEEEaaaasssseeee :grin:

Bardsey
6th-November-2003, 05:38 PM
Ideal dancing w/e in London (IMHO)

What's IMHO mean?

Hipster's Friday (once per month).

Where's that?

The Rivoli (once per month).

And that?

Of course it may be about 2007 before these 3 all coincide in one weekend, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Greg

That'd be great, Greg. Ta !

LilyB
6th-November-2003, 05:59 PM
...but what is WCS?
West Coast Swing is the coolest, smoothest, classiest partner dance around. (Yeah, I am biased :wink: )

It was developed from lindy-hop; more specifically Hollywood swing. The basic patterns are 6-counts (eg. sugar-push) and 8-counts (eg. whip) and the dancers move within a slot. The music that WCS is danced to tend to be blues-type, slow swing, RnB, latin, C&W, slow R'n'R and even the odd hip-hop. It is a brilliant alternative when the music is too slow for modern jive. As the trend these days is for much slower music, it can be a very useful dance to learn.:waycool:

For more info, you'll have to ask DavidB (the Oracle).:D

Lily

TheTramp
6th-November-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
For more info, you'll have to ask DavidB (the Oracle).:D Do you call him that at home when you're alone too then Lily?? :D

Steve

DavidB
6th-November-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Do you call him that at home when you're alone too then Lily?? She does, but she uses the chinese version. It sounds a bit like 'Lazy Git', but she swears it's Hokkien for Oracle...

DavidY
6th-November-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey but hidden inside a Sheepman quote
What's IMHO mean?In my humble opinion...

Dunno the answers to your other questions either I'm afraid.

Sheepman
7th-November-2003, 11:27 AM
West Coast Swing is the coolest, smoothest, classiest partner dance around.
Well it is when you and David are doing it!

The Rivoli, 350 Brockley Road, Crofton Park, London
It's a very traditional ballroom, probably the only one left in London, as used in various films, ads, and dare I mention the Eastenders Christmas special. (Sorry guys I won't be watching!)
The next dance is their 10th Anniversary bash on the 15th November, right in the middle of the Camber w/e. I don't have any other dates yet. This was built up around having live bands to dance to, though many prefer the no band nights.

Where's Hipster's?!! Jill, I suppose you can be forgiven, as a relative newcomer to the forum, and you may have had no reason to read the Hipster's thread (you'll need about a month!) It's at Ealing Town Hall.
Hipsters (http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk/JJhipsters.htm)

Greg

Pammy
7th-November-2003, 01:27 PM
The 'Sters
Notshots Of The Dance Scene... :what:

Bardsey
7th-November-2003, 05:28 PM
The 'Sters
Notshots Of The Dance Scene... :what:

Notshots? Sure you don't mean Notsnots???:confused:

Pammy
7th-November-2003, 05:29 PM
NotSnots is better than LotsSnots :tears:

Lory has had some other good ideas on this subject!

Px

Bardsey
7th-November-2003, 05:30 PM

The Rivoli, 350 Brockley Road, Crofton Park, London

Where's Hipster's?!! Jill, I suppose you can be forgiven, as a relative newcomer to the forum, and you may have had no reason to read the Hipster's thread (you'll need about a month!) It's at Ealing Town Hall.
Hipsters (http://www.jumpnjive.co.uk/JJhipsters.htm)

Greg

Thanks for the info, Greg. They go on my list for when I can get down to the smoke.

:kiss: :hug:

Sheepman
7th-November-2003, 06:00 PM
for when I can get down to the smoke.
Hmmm, can't recall if the Rivoli is no smoking or not :D

:kiss: Greg

Boomer
7th-November-2003, 06:02 PM
NotSnots is better than LotsSnots :tears:

Lory has had some other good ideas on this subject!

Px

Snotshots?

Lory
7th-November-2003, 06:08 PM
Snotshots?
Hotsh*ts?
:rofl:

Bardsey
7th-November-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Hotsh*ts?
:rofl:

Whatsnots?? :confused:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-November-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
In my humble opinion....

oh no it doesnt! (look panto season is upon is) it means 'In My Honest Opinion', unless your opinion really is humble and i dont think that applys to anyone on this forum :)

DavidY
7th-November-2003, 07:35 PM
oh no it doesnt! (look panto season is upon is) it means 'In My Honest Opinion', unless your opinion really is humble and i dont think that applys to anyone on this forum :) Well I did a search on Google for 'jargon IMHO' and the links I looked at said it means 'humble' not 'honest'.

Just goes to show you shouldn't believe anything you read on the internet.. :wink:

Neil
7th-November-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
it means 'humble' not 'honest' Yeah, definitely 'humble' (IMNSHO) :wink:

Neil

Sheepman
10th-November-2003, 09:46 AM
Hotsh*ts?
Or based on theorues of anal retention.
"Nosh*ts"

Greg

Andy McGregor
10th-November-2003, 03:06 PM
Here are a couple of potential t-shirt designs to get the ball rolling. The font that people picked out was a bit of a small file so didn't work properly in Photoshop. These look quite good though and it does say www.cerocscotland.com/forum at the bottom in a reversed out half tone of the orange. Any comments, even 'think again'?

Pammy
10th-November-2003, 03:08 PM
Any comments, even 'think again'?

Love it!!!! Like the circley idea :grin:

Px

Andy McGregor
10th-November-2003, 03:08 PM
..and this one with a diferent font

Bardsey
10th-November-2003, 03:12 PM
[B]

I like this one better than the thicker one!

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 03:13 PM
..and this one with a diferent font
Prefer the first one.

And I'd want it small - no more than an inch or two across, so the bit at the bottom wouldn't work.

I like 'em to have to get close to read it :devil: :devil:

Chris

Dreadful Scathe
10th-November-2003, 03:17 PM

How about a t-shirt that says 'stop invading my personal space' in a really really small font...hilarious :)

Bardsey
10th-November-2003, 03:25 PM
How about a t-shirt that says 'stop invading my personal space' in a really really small font...hilarious :)

I wear a t-shirt for dance that says "Regret Nothing, Deny......Everything! Its always a good talking point when I wear it, women love it (cos I tell them its Woman's Mission Statement) and fellas love it.... mainly cos it gives them a valid excuse to look at my chest.....:blush: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
10th-November-2003, 03:29 PM
Prefer the first one.

And I'd want it small - no more than an inch or two across, so the bit at the bottom wouldn't work.

Chris

If I supply it as a large image you can make it whatever size you want in Word or Publisher or any image manipulation software like Photoshop. If you made it small you wouldn't see the line at the bottom because it's a % of the orange background - but you'd know it was there, which would be a comfort:wink:

Also, I could do some small names 2 inches across that say things like Pamster, McGregster, Sheepster, etc and print them off. Somehow ChrisA has managed to aviod becoming 'ster. Any suggestions that don't make him sound like the second coming?

Also, should it be 'ster or 'sters?

Pammy
10th-November-2003, 03:35 PM
Somehow ChrisA has managed to aviod becoming 'ster. Any suggestions that don't make him sound like the second coming?

Also, should it be 'ster or 'sters?

Mr Rockbottoms?

It's got to be Rockster non? :wink:

Px

Bardsey
10th-November-2003, 04:21 PM
To avoid any embarassment I have decided (with the advice of Forte) to go with Jillster, as opposed to Bardster....for obvious reasons! :blush:

What say you, Boomster?

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 04:27 PM
I think I like the first design better - but they are both pretty good. I also like the idea of having our 'ster identity on display. I think 'sters is better than 'ster, but I'm not sure why.

As for ChrisA - how about Panster? Or is it too close to pantster - which wouldn't be a good thing to call anyone. Christer doesn't really work properly, though.

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 04:30 PM
Somehow ChrisA has managed to aviod becoming 'ster. Any suggestions that don't make him sound like the second coming?

And thank heavens no one has pointed out what ChrisAster would rhyme with :tears: :really: :rofl:

Come on, Andy, you're slipping.

I know I'm your straight man, but I shouldn't have to write your material :waycool: :waycool:

Chris

Dreadful Scathe
10th-November-2003, 04:31 PM

As for ChrisA - how about Panster? Or is it too close to pantster - which wouldn't be a good thing to call anyone.

Prankster ? Dogbertster ? either would do :) It has to be ster surely, but collectively we can be a group of sters :)

Divissimaster is one hell of a mouthful, but sounds like a hip DJ name. Rock on Divi. :)

Scathester

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 04:33 PM
how about Panster? Or is it too close to pantster - which wouldn't be a good thing to call anyone. Christer doesn't really work properly, though.

Please none of these :sad: :tears: :really: :sick:

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 04:35 PM
Prankster ? Dogbertster ? either would do :) It has to be ster surely, but collectively we can be a group of sters :)

Divissimaster is one hell of a mouthful, but sounds like a hip DJ name. Rock on Divi. :)

Scathester

La Bellister Divster

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 04:37 PM
They aren't very good - but we're doing our best, Chris :sorry Do you have something in mind? You might need to help us out.

Scathester - I love 'Divissimaster' - however, my true 'ster title is the less imposing (and slightly questionable) 'Divster'.

Div

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 04:39 PM
although, clearly better than 'Divaster'

'Bellister' - just sounds like blister to me :tears: :tears: :rofl:

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 04:41 PM

'Bellister' - just sounds like blister to me :tears: :tears: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

One all :cheers:

Pammy
10th-November-2003, 04:41 PM

Ssimaster? :wink:

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 04:47 PM
Darth Ssimaster!:what: :tears:

I am a Sith Lord - I beg you, please stop:really: :wink:

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 04:51 PM
They aren't very good - but we're doing our best, Chris :sorry Do you have something in mind? You might need to help us out.

I'm struggling too...

Blackster?
Youngster? :D :D

There are one or two derivatives of nicknames I had in other lives, but they wouldn't have any direct relevance here.

Could I just be an honorary 'ster til we can think of one?

C :hug:

Pammy
10th-November-2003, 04:52 PM
Darth Ssimaster!:what: :tears:

I am a Sith Lord - I beg you, please stop:really: :wink:

half way between sinister and a kung fu master ? :wink:

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 04:58 PM
ChrisA wrote:
Blackster?I see where this is coming from, but it lacks something.

Youngster?
:rofl: Are you getting me back for my earlier gaffe? :wink: Shame Panster doesn't work.

How about Astaire? It's not quite 'ster, but is only a slight corruption. And it says something about you :waycool:

DavidB
10th-November-2003, 05:00 PM
Debster - you have a lot to answer for...

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 05:07 PM
where is the lovely Debster these days? Surely back from Down Under by now?

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 05:13 PM
ChrisA wrote: I see where this is coming from, but it lacks something.

Glitter, probably :tears: :tears:

Shame Panster doesn't work.
Quite. :D :D

How about Astaire? It's not quite 'ster, but is only a slight corruption. And it says something about you :waycool: Flattery will get you everywhere... :waycool:... well, at least to Bisley and back :D

However, I must regretfully decline anything that is only a slight corruption :really:

Pervster? :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe not...

Pammy
10th-November-2003, 05:14 PM
Pervster? :rofl: :rofl:

starster? :grin:

Andy McGregor
10th-November-2003, 05:52 PM
And thank heavens no one has pointed out what ChrisAster would rhyme with :tears: :really: :rofl:

Come on, Andy, you're slipping.

I know I'm your straight man, but I shouldn't have to write your material :waycool: :waycool:

Chris

Sometimes I think I should just be the catalyst by asking the question. I have many, many 'ster prefixes for ChrisA but thought I'd see what others came up with first. Here is a hint, ChrisA always wears black. Another angle, we've never seen him in daylight - mirror anyone:innocent:

Also, what about the Lounge Lizard?

Neil
10th-November-2003, 06:01 PM
How does one become an official 'ster? Is there an application form to fill out? An interview? Or perhaps an initiation ceremony?

And how long does the process take? If possible, I'd really like to be a 'ster before I get to Camber on Friday.

Yours faithfully,

Neilster (provisional)

Bardsey
10th-November-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Neil
How does one become an official 'ster? Is there an application form to fill out? An interview? Or perhaps an initiation ceremony?

Neilster (provisional)

As far as I'm concerned, you just subscribe to this thread. If there's any other way, then I'm not one either....lol

:tears:

Jillster

Dreadful Scathe
10th-November-2003, 06:08 PM

How about Astaire? It's not quite 'ster, but is only a slight corruption.

Divster!! What have you been told about corrupting innocents on the Forum !?! :D er..he is innocent isnt he...i have a mental image of a Shirely Temple type ? am i wrong ? :)

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 06:09 PM
McGregster wrote:
Here is a hint, ChrisA always wears black. Another angle, we've never seen him in daylight - mirror anyoneYou have a point, Andy :really: Prince of Darkness, however, Pervster takes some beating.

Divissima
10th-November-2003, 06:12 PM
I hope noone missed the heavy irony in my last post (can't edit it properly for some reason).

Pammy
10th-November-2003, 06:12 PM
I don't think Jillster or Neilster is Ster'ish enough. Needs to be more discreet; Bardster was good :grin:

Neil, what other things can we use to create a suitable ster title for you?

Px :hug:

Andy McGregor
10th-November-2003, 06:46 PM
McGregster wrote: You have a point, Andy :really: Prince of Darkness, however, Pervster takes some beating.

Those Pervsters do love a good beating...

How about Fangster? or Undeadster? or even Deathster?

What about LL? Scalester, Phillster, Scarfster, Dropster, Seductster or even just plain Petester? I quite like Scarfster:devil:

ChrisA
10th-November-2003, 07:10 PM
Those Pervsters do love a good beating...

How about Fangster? or Undeadster? or even Deathster?

Starting to think, given his avatar, that Andy should possibly be Pantster.... :devil: :devil:

Chris

Lounge Lizard
10th-November-2003, 07:11 PM
Starting to think, given his avatar, that Andy should possibly be Pantster.... :devil: :devil:

Chris :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 08:30 PM
[B]

I like this one better than the thicker one!

Oh come on! I've had no sleep in 28 hours and you think you can post this and that I can resist! I don't know - women, never happy.:grin:

And not only that! You mess up the quote so bad, you end up miffing (yes miffing, I had to type that slowly :grin: ) my quote of your quote :rofl:

To avoid any embarassment I have decided (with the advice of Forte) to go with Jillster, as opposed to Bardster....for obvious reasons! :blush:

What say you, Boomster?

Avoid any embarassment!?! :grin: Stick with Bardster :nice:

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 08:32 PM
Prefer the first one.

Chris

Chris meet Bardsey, Bardsey meet Chris :rofl:

Lory
10th-November-2003, 08:36 PM
Hmmmm should I be Lo'ster (lost her)? U might all wish that to be true after Camber!:rofl:

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 08:39 PM
Hmmmm should I be Lo'ster (lost her)? U might all wish that to be true after Camber!:rofl:

No, all you'd hear was 'Lo'oster your what aha aha aha ahahaha'....you'd soon get bored....as it were :sorry: sorry, but I am tired!

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 08:43 PM
Divster!! What have you been told about corrupting innocents on the Forum !?! :D er..he is innocent isnt he...i have a mental image of a Shirely Temple type ? am i wrong ? :)

Oh yes, very wrong...Temple yes, as in built like one..'what's he like' I hear a smurfey say, well I've got a 'ster for him 'wallopster' :grin:

Boomer
10th-November-2003, 08:46 PM
Seductster or even just plain Petester? I quite like Scarfster:devil:

I thing Loungster is ok...Scarfster sounds like scrofula to me for some reason...not a name you'd want :what:

P.S. Sorry people, these were meant to form one, maybe two posts, but wasn't concentrating :blush:

Andy McGregor
11th-November-2003, 12:44 AM

How about Blondster?

Neil
11th-November-2003, 01:00 AM
Neil, what other things can we use to create a suitable ster title for you? I've got nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. So how about "Nilster"? :tears:

Neil

Andy McGregor
11th-November-2003, 01:16 AM
I thing Loungster is ok...Scarfster sounds like scrofula to me for some reason...not a name you'd want :what:

How about Discster or Jockster, although maybe a Scot would claim the latter:devil:

..maybe Spinster or even Studster:devil:

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 01:39 AM
Hope you guys don't mind me hijacking this thread to share with you a v e r y special thing that happened to me tonight....

(whispers) I got my first ever round of applause on the dance floor tonight.

I had stood in as demonstrator at Twickenham Ceroc, and I was taxiing too.... I dunno, everything had gone right. The beginners had had a nice time, I had managed to anticipate the anticipations from the girl that anticipates all the time, and she enjoyed it... and I was right in the groove for a change...

...and near the end of the night I had a dance with Val (the teacher, a lovely dancer and drop dead gorgeous too), and I was concentrating on getting everything right, and was totally unaware that quite a few people were watching.

Anyway... they clapped !! :blush: :blush: :blush:

It was lovely. It felt v e r y nice.

Just wanted to share it with you guys. Hope you don't mind.

:hug: :hug:

Chris

Andy McGregor
11th-November-2003, 02:04 AM

Snap, I got a round of applause too. The only differnece was that I was dancing as a woman....

Boomer
11th-November-2003, 02:06 AM

Chris

Go on my son! :grin:

Snap, I got a round of applause too. The only differnece was that I was dancing as a woman....

No change there then :grin:

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 02:10 AM
Go on my son! :grin: :cheers: :cheers:

The euphoria won't last long. I'm bound to completely muck up Kiss (Prince) tomorrow night, and whoever has the terrible luck to dance with me will never want to dance with me again, and I'll be back to normal. :tears: :tears:

Still, it's nice for now :waycool: :waycool:

Boomer
11th-November-2003, 02:14 AM
:cheers: :cheers:
The euphoria won't last long. I'm bound to completely muck up Kiss (Prince) tomorrow night, and whoever has the terrible luck to dance with me will never want to dance with me again, and I'll be back to normal. :tears: :tears:
Still, it's nice for now :waycool: :waycool:
Never mind that, indulge in the moment :grin: Guess it's a late night for you :grin: I love that feeling when (in my case) somehow, for events beyond my control everything simply gels, keeps my up for hours. :grin:

Andy McGregor
11th-November-2003, 02:30 AM
Can I go to bed now. I've worked all day, done a council meeting, gone out dancing and now done overtime on the Forum. And where is Pamster? Maybe she should be renamed Sleepster:devil:

..night, night.

Lory
11th-November-2003, 07:57 AM
How about Blondster? Hmmm not bad! keep em coming!

anything but Bu'ster :rofl:

bet that one sticks now! :rolleyes: :rofl:

Divissima
11th-November-2003, 09:14 AM
ChrisA wrote:
(whispers) I got my first ever round of applause on the dance floor tonight.Congratulations, Chris. Surely the first of many :waycool: On second thoughts, please cease drawing any attention to your dancing, how will the lovely lady 'sters ever get a dance if you are surrounded by a throng of gorgeous lovelies between each track??

Purely selfish, and I'll admit it :wink:

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 10:24 AM
whoever has the terrible luck to dance with me will never want to dance with me again, and I'll be back to normal.

Hope not babe, I've twisted Roger's arm to play *our song* on Wednesday for another try at a repeat performance of Saturday!

And where is Pamster? Maybe she should be renamed Sleepster:devil: ..night, night.

Me get an early night? I should be so bloomin lucky, eh Boo!?!

Anyway I like Deathster, Nilster & Loster... Is Pamster and McGregster allowed or are they too namey?

Px

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 10:25 AM
Oh yes, and I can see you're watching, and there is NO CHANCE of you NOT getting a Prawnster one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 10:30 AM
Hope not babe, I've twisted Roger's arm to play *our song* on Wednesday for another try at a repeat performance of Saturday!

Who needs applause if they can get a good feelin' without it, eh, hon?

Is Pamster and McGregster allowed or are they too namey?

I think they're fine.

Though it's defo Pantster until that Avatar changes :devil:

Chris

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 10:31 AM
Though it's defo Pantster until that Avatar changes :devil:

Oops. Just noticed... soz

C

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 10:31 AM
Who needs applause if they can get a good feelin' without it, eh, hon?

Hope you're looking forward to it; he'll probably forget to play it now :tears:

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 10:32 AM
Hope you're looking forward to it; he'll probably forget to play it now :tears:
Like he'd dare... :D

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 10:50 AM
how will the lovely lady 'sters ever get a dance if you are surrounded by a throng of gorgeous lovelies between each track??
Don't be silly :confused:, the 'sters will always come first for me.

Though I would have to confess to a marginal preference for a throng of gorgeous lovelies, to the McGregster in his halloween outfit.
:really:

Chris

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 12:03 PM
Though I would have to confess to a marginal preference for a throng of gorgeous lovelies, to the McGregster in his halloween outfit.

Somtimes we fight our true emotions...

Smoke screen?

Px :wink:

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 12:10 PM
Smoke screen?

Shhhhhhhhhh :devil:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pammy
[B]I don't think Jillster or Neilster is Ster'ish enough. Needs to be more discreet; Bardster was good :grin:

Thanks Pamster, I prefer Bardster myself to be honest, despite its connotations! so Bardster it is.

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 12:41 PM
[B]Oh come on! I've had no sleep in 28 hours and you think you can post this and that I can resist! I don't know - women, never happy.:grin:]

And not only that! You mess up the quote so bad, you end up miffing (yes miffing, I had to type that slowly :grin: ) my quote of your quote :rofl:

What do you mean? Mess up the quote? What did I do? You're having a go at me again, aren't you Boomster? Just cos I beat you in the Tag match (even though we were on the same side...)
:rofl: :rofl: :devil:

Avoid any embarassment!?! :grin: Stick with Bardster :nice: [/B

Ok, Bardster it is !

:hug: :kiss:

DavidB
11th-November-2003, 12:44 PM
All you 'sters might want to look at this (http://www.onelook.com/?w=*ster&scwo=1&sswo=1)

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 12:47 PM
Chris meet Bardsey, Bardsey meet Chris :rofl:

:rofl: Just cos you're a stonking (am I allowed to say that on here?) great Gorilla, you put us little people down. Look at my pic, I'm only 7" tall, come on Boomster, give us a break!

I DEMAND EQUAL RIGHTS FOR 7" TALL 'STERS!! :devil:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
All you 'sters might want to look at this (http://www.onelook.com/?w=*ster&scwo=1&sswo=1)

Neil, have you looked at the link ? You should find something on there to suit you (suit you, sir!)

Boomer
11th-November-2003, 01:02 PM
only 7"

I'll bet you never thought you'd ever say that :what: :grin: ...what makes you think you won the 'Tag-match'? :devil:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 01:18 PM
I'll bet you never thought you'd ever say that :what: :grin:
If I was a guy I might not have :rofl:

...what makes you think you won the 'Tag-match'? :devil:

I seem to remember you and DS conceding defeat to Forte and myself due to submission by suffocation :rofl:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 01:19 PM
If I was a guy I might not have :rofl:

]...what makes you think you won the 'Tag-match'? :devil: [/QUOTE]

I seem to remember you and DS conceding defeat to Forte and myself due to submission by suffocation :rofl: [/B][/QUOTE]

One of these days, I'll really surprise myself and get this damn quote thing RIGHT :confused: :tears:

Boomer
11th-November-2003, 01:22 PM
One of these days, I'll really surprise myself and get this damn quote thing RIGHT :confused: :tears:

One of these days you'll come close and really surprise the rest of us. :grin:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 02:11 PM
One of these days you'll come close and really surprise the rest of us. :grin:

Oooooh that smacks of a challenge to me! Choose your weapons my man! I'll start by taking a real long look at this "quote" business. I'll make you proud of me one day, Pa! :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-November-2003, 02:44 PM
Oooooh that smacks of a challenge to me! Choose your weapons my man!

What happened to the last fight? Who won ? was i asleep ? :D

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 02:46 PM
What happened to the last fight? Who won ? was i asleep ? :D

I DID (just cos I got my reply in first) :rofl:

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 03:19 PM
... just remembered another thing that happened last night that made me laugh...

Dancing with someone (a very nice dancer, follows beautifully), there am I trying to be as interpretive as possible, she says to me...

"Oh yes, you do those stoppy-starty things don't you".

:waycool: :rofl: :really:

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 03:28 PM
"Oh yes, you do those stoppy-starty things don't you".

We girls love a man who stops and starts :wink:

and I think you'll find so does Andy M :rofl:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 03:51 PM
We girls love a man who stops and starts :wink:

Yup I'm with you on that one :devil:

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 04:04 PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:-

Andy is making 'Sters shirts for those who want them for this weekend. The are priced at remarkably cheap rate of just yes, that's right, JUST 4 ENGLISH POUNDS.

Be sure to get your order in early so as to avoid disappointment (to those seeing us parading round like twits :wink:) No really, please PM Andy M stating your requirments:-

[b]Chest size/dress size
quantity
'ster name

We will see all 'sters there wearing their special tops, but of course, I hope we will also wear them next week at Hippies as well :grin:

Pamster
x

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 04:29 PM
'ster name

I'd still prefer to wear something just with 'Sters on it - this speaks of the group identity rather than my own personal one.

I know who I am - on a good day, anyway. :D :D

I don't want to upset the majority - if the consensus is still for individual 'ster names I think I'll just pass.

But if there's an agreement for 'Sters, then 40 chest, 1 off please.

Chris

Pammy
11th-November-2003, 04:31 PM
I don't want to upset the majority - if the consensus is still for individual 'ster names I think I'll just pass.

1 for all and all for 1!

Do you think we could do a cabaret? :wink:

Neil
11th-November-2003, 04:32 PM
Neil, have you looked at the link ? You should find something on there to suit you (suit you, sir!) Well, it does contain some exotic possibilities: arcubalister, dentiroster, molester, snollygoster, sodbuster, solenogaster, whoremaster (ahem)...

Think I'll stick to N(e)ilster :)

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Well, it does contain some exotic possibilities: arcubalister, dentiroster, molester, snollygoster, sodbuster, solenogaster, whoremaster (ahem)...

Think I'll stick to N(e)ilster :)

And the next object is..... a snollygoster!!! Oh I love that one, its got a def. ring to it.

Is that Nilster then? Actually that' snot bad..... sorry I think we played the "snot" thing out earlier!

Bardster :kiss: :hug:

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 04:50 PM
I'd still prefer to wear something just with 'Sters on it - this speaks of the group identity rather than my own personal one.

Although I've PMed AMc for one, I think I really like the group thing too. One of each perhaps?:confused:

Neil
11th-November-2003, 05:04 PM
Is that Nilster then? Actually that' snot bad..... I dunno, I'm warming to Snollygoster :D

:hug:

Boomer
11th-November-2003, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChrisA
[B]I'd still prefer to wear something just with 'Sters on it - this speaks of the group identity rather than my own personal one.

Although I've PMed AMc for one, I think I really like the group thing too. One of each perhaps?:confused:

Once I realised what your 'quote' was I decided that I agreed. Any problem with having both?

ChrisA
11th-November-2003, 05:16 PM
Once I realised what your 'quote' was I decided that I agreed. Any problem with having both?
Course not. :waycool:

But I only want one.

Chris

Bardsey
11th-November-2003, 05:45 PM

Boom Boom :rofl: :rofl: You do like to have your little go at me don't you Boomster. I know you love me really :rofl:

Divissima
11th-November-2003, 09:49 PM
I've ordered one of each - will be left out of this weekend's activities so hope to see a strong 'ster contingent at Hipsters next week - or else I'm going to look like a right charlie

Looked up the meaning of snollygoster - what a fantastic word!! Must try to fit it into conversation tomorrow! :waycool: Thought Dragster might fit Andy (although I rather like McGregster). Other names which caught my eye: Fester and Lewdster. Any takers (Chris??)?:really: :wink:

Bardsey
12th-November-2003, 12:55 PM
Is anyone keeping a note of all the 'Sters names i.e.

Boomster = Boomer
Bardster = Bardsey
Jackster = Forte

And so on. It would be nice, cos I can't keep track of who's decided on what name.

Anyone? Pammy? Lori? Andy?

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 12:57 PM
Pamster = Pammy
McGrester = Andy
Prawnster = Tony
can Lily being lilster?

Px

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 01:08 PM
Fester and Lewdster. Any takers (Chris??)?:really: :wink:

:what: :really: :what: :really: :what:

Mary
12th-November-2003, 01:15 PM
Please, please, please can I be Mster - or maybe by the way I dance 'Hamster'?

M

Andy McGregor
12th-November-2003, 01:18 PM
Maybe Jules should be Fearster:devil:

Can I change mine to Youngster?

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 01:24 PM
Maybe Jules should be Fearster:devil:

Can I change mine to Youngster? No, and no, respectively:

Jules is a sweetheart, and I've been angling for Youngster for several days now.

And no one that tucks their T-shirt into their trousers can claim to be a youngster :devil: :what: :really: :sad: :mad:

I do like Dragster for you, though...

Chris

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Please, please, please can I be Mster - or maybe by the way I dance 'Hamster'?

M
I've been thinking Mster would be perfect for you !!!

C

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 01:27 PM
'Hamster'?

Is that a reference to that awkward injury Prawny sustained during a certain lift? :tears:

Px

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 01:31 PM
Dragster is good :rofl:

But Mary..surely it should me 'Mar'ster', just a thought.

Hey! Mary! If you're Mar'ster, and I buy you a Margarita form the bar you'll be a peice of Russian Lit! Aha..ahaha...ahahahahahaha
Sorry guys :sad:

Mary
12th-November-2003, 01:43 PM

Hey! Mary! If you're Mar'ster, and I buy you a Margarita form the bar you'll be a peice of Russian Lit! Aha..ahaha...ahahahahahaha
Sorry guys :sad:

Dummmmm. Think you're own there Boomster!:confused:

M(ster)

(Do you think Franck would let us change forum names?):na:

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 01:54 PM
(Do you think Franck would let us change forum names?):na:

That would be good :-)

Divissima
12th-November-2003, 02:49 PM
Boomer wrote:
If you're Mar'ster, and I buy you a Margarita form the bar you'll be a peice of Russian Lit! Aha..ahaha...ahahahahahaha I'd like to thank Boomer for bringing a literary joke to today's proceedings :wink: :grin:. Tried to read it once, but then the new Harry Potter came out and I got distracted :sorry :sorry

My proper 'ster title is Divster, but speaking personally, I don't think I'd want to change my forum name permanently (then everyone would call me 'Divi':sick: :tears: )

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 02:53 PM
Boomer wrote: I'd like to thank Boomer for bringing a literary joke to today's proceedings :wink: :grin:.
Could some of these littery types explain the joke to us plebs??

:waycool:

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 02:55 PM
Boomer wrote: I'd like to thank Boomer for bringing a literary joke to today's proceedings :wink: :grin:. Tried to read it once, but then the new Harry Potter came out and I got distracted

I'd like to thank Divi for getting the joke :hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss:

My proper 'ster title is Divster, but speaking personally, I don't think I'd want to change my forum name permanently (then everyone would call me 'Divi':sick: :tears: ) [/B]

I agree about the name change, I like Boomer for the forum, Boomster has a time and a place :grin: ....but..ummm..don't we call you Divi anyway? After a few beers Divisshhssississhhaahhh is just too much, Divi is fine :grin:

Sheepman
12th-November-2003, 02:55 PM
"Toby Anstis, aka ‘the Tobester’, takes to the airwaves every weekday afternoon on Heart"

Should we get him an "Imposter" shirt?

Can I change mine to Youngster?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Andy, my Mum's got one for you after Saturday
"burlyster" or simply "manster". Perfect! :wink:

Greg

Divissima
12th-November-2003, 03:04 PM
Fleecester wrote:
Should we get him an "Imposter" shirt? I know!! It's an outrage!!!
:devil: I always fancied Twokster for Toby, anyway (lawyer gag involved :sorry ) But since he hasn't bothered to join us 'sters, I say he doesn't get an honourary 'ster title!:really: :devil: :wink:

Boomer wrote:
don't we call you Divi anyway?Yes, I suppose you do :rolleyes:

Plebster wrote:
Could some of these littery types explain the joke to us plebs??The Master and Margarita (Bulgakov??) is supposed to be a magical realist classic of Russian fiction. I didn't really get into it - Boomster, have you read it?

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 03:06 PM
We (the royal) call her Diva. Divi is not so attractive (female perspective of course) :grin:

Sheepy - Sheepster, Flockster, Woolster, aaronster, clipster, garlicster, alienster, thongster :blush: bananaster, sausagester...

Help?!?

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 03:10 PM
Plebster wrote:The Master and Margarita (Bulgakov??) is supposed to be a magical realist classic of Russian fiction. I didn't really get into it - Boomster, have you read it?

It is indeed Bulgakov (if anyone cares, you pronounce the 'v' as an 'f' ), and Divi just about sums it up. I haven't read it, but I'm afraid I have a bias against Russian Lit...long story. But, by all accounts it is a good book.

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 03:19 PM
Sheepy - Sheepster, Flockster, Woolster, aaronster, clipster, garlicster, alienster, thongster :blush: bananaster, sausagester...

This is a perfect example of why permanent 'ster names are just WRONG... :devil: :what:

The 'ster label is a movable thing, that changes with the times...

For example, Dragster is perfect for the McGregster at the moment, but once he's learned that T-shirts tucked into underpants are, er, pants :sad:, and that avatar becomes a distant memory, we'll want to move on to something more current.

The 'sters are a concept, not a set of identities :rolleyes: , and the sooner y'all realise that the sooner y'all will be happenin', super-cool dudes and chicks like me.

Coolster.:waycool: :waycool:

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 03:23 PM

Coolster.:waycool: :waycool:

Coal'ster :grin: Fakey :grin:

Divissima
12th-November-2003, 03:24 PM
ahem... Coolster... ahem wrote:
The 'sters are a concept, not a set of identities , and the sooner y'all realise that the sooner y'all will be happenin', super-cool dudes and chicks like me.Coolster. Like you said, Daddy-o!

Bardsey
12th-November-2003, 03:24 PM
This is a perfect example of why permanent 'ster names are just WRONG... :devil: :what:

The 'ster label is a movable thing, that changes with the times...

The 'sters are a concept, not a set of identities :rolleyes: , and the sooner y'all realise that the sooner y'all will be happenin', super-cool dudes and chicks like me.

Coolster.:waycool: :waycool: Plonkster ? :rofl: :rofl: (joke) I think you're probably right, it will be interesting to see what mine turns into once I've met a few of you :confused: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
12th-November-2003, 03:53 PM
I've had quite a bit of feedback regarding the 'sters shirts. As with everything people want different things. The good news is that as every shirt is going to be lovingly hand-crafted they can all be different. People can have the size of logo they want be it small, large or extra large. And they can have it where they want too!

I've attached below a shirt I've just made showing some of the options for size and position. On this particular shirt I've put a large 'sters logo on the back, a small 'sters logo on the front and right arm and a McGregster logo on the left arm. But you could have the logos anywhere on the shirt. You could even have them on the inside of the shirt and be 'Stealthster'.

So now I need to know which type of logo each person would like where? So can everyone who's emailed me let me know what they'd like so I can do the shirts tomorrow. Also, I'm going to be bringing an iron, blank shirts and pre-prepared logos with me to Camber for a spur of the moment Shirtster moment.

I think we need to all wear the shirts at the same time to maximise the impact /silliness. Anyone got any suggestions as to when. Please bear in mind that some of us would like to glitter on Saturday night.

p.s. A message for ChrisA. I've tucked this shirt in because that's what the Fonz does:waycool: :waycool:

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 03:59 PM
Can I have a big sters on the back, like the gorgeous tucked in guy in the advert, plus a small one at breast height on the left hand side (middle doesn't work for me I'm afraid :wink:)

Nothing on the sleeves. Might be over-kill, unless in small black letters right on the cuff of the sleeve Pamster, but not a big logo thingy.

I'll leave that to your discression Fonzarelli.

Px

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 04:22 PM
Andy, I think you still have the measure of me, could I have the Logo on the back, nowt on teh front 'Sters on the left and Boomster on the roght sleeve? You out tonight?

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 04:25 PM
Can I have a big sters on the back, like the gorgeous tucked in guy in the advert, plus a small one at breast height on the left hand side
Exactly the same for me, please.

Chris

Captain Kirk
12th-November-2003, 04:28 PM
I possibly should have started a new thread, but I just felt the need to write something.

ChrisA
12th-November-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Captain Kirk
I possibly should have started a new thread, but I just felt the need to write something.
At least no one can accuse you of boldly going where no man has gone before.

Chris

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 04:32 PM

No probs mate! Welcome to the nut-house :grin:

Now all you have to do is introduce yourself. There's a bit in the beginners thread, give you some info about the rest of the lunatics as well :grin:

Captain Kirk
12th-November-2003, 04:44 PM
I have got to go. Before I go, I will just mention that I added my Mobile phone number to my profile. Is that against the rules? I just thought that if I met any one while Ceroc-ing, I could always say, I am Captain Kirk, I like to be in charge, and if you want to contact me, my details are on the Ceroc Forum.

Tiggerbabe
12th-November-2003, 04:54 PM
I have got to go. Before I go, I will just mention that I added my Mobile phone number to my profile. Is that against the rules? I just thought that if I met any one while Ceroc-ing, I could always say, I am Captain Kirk, I like to be in charge, and if you want to contact me, my details are on the Ceroc Forum.

It's not against the rules but as this is a public forum you might want to reconsider. Not sure if only members can view the profiles or not ............Franck?

Neil
12th-November-2003, 04:55 PM
I just thought that if I met any one while Ceroc-ing, I could always say, I am Captain Kirk, I like to be in charge Probably not the ideal thing to say to people you meet socially... :wink: :)

Live long & prosper

Neil

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 04:55 PM
OooOoo! Andy, any chance of my little logo on my left breast...I mean chesty slab of man muscle :blush:

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 04:56 PM
OooOoo! Andy, any chance of my little logo on my left breast...I mean chesty slab of man muscle :blush:

No, too late, you made your choice already :wink:

Andy McGregor
12th-November-2003, 05:07 PM
I've just returned from a few moments lying down quietly on my own. I was recovering from dizziness caused by a sudden flurry of women talking to ME about their left breasts :devil:

Thank God for Boomer, as soon as he mentioned his "chesty slab of man muscle" I returned to reality.

The only problem I've got now is to comply with Pammy's request for her logo to be at her 'breast height' - is there a standard breast height or do I need to take my tape measure to Hipsters tonight:innocent:

Sheepman
12th-November-2003, 05:10 PM
The only problem I've got now is to comply with Pammy's request for her logo to be at her 'breast height' - is there a standard breast height or do I need to take my tape measure to Hipsters tonight:innocent: No need to bring the measure - on Pammy it's just the right height to take my eyes out :sorry

Greg

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 05:13 PM
The only problem I've got now is to comply with Pammy's request for her logo to be at her 'breast height' - is there a standard breast height or do I need to take my tape measure to Hipsters tonight:innocent:

I'm sure Mrs McG' can tell you where to put it :wink: and thus we'll see you in Hippies later; with your black eye :rofl:

Px

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 05:20 PM
what was that awful monkey - ovrilles sidekick called?

Coconuts, or Crackers or something...

I know one of you will know...

Tiggerbabe
12th-November-2003, 05:28 PM

Know the horrid thing you mean Pammy - was it Cuddles? :blush: (for admitting to any of this)

Bardsey
12th-November-2003, 05:28 PM
At least no one can accuse you of boldly going where no man has gone before.

Chris

you bet me to it :rofl:

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Know the horrid thing you mean Pammy - was it Cuddles? :blush: (for admitting to any of this)

Yes :tears: that's him :tears: :tears:

Bardsey
12th-November-2003, 05:31 PM

Qwackers?

Bardsey
12th-November-2003, 05:33 PM
Qwackers?

Oh no, that was that other daft duck thing.... Sheena's right I think it was Cuddles.

Boomer
12th-November-2003, 05:37 PM
Don't mind us Bardster, you have a little chat with yourself hun' :grin: Before you know it, you'll be PM-ing yourself :grin:

Bardsey
12th-November-2003, 05:51 PM
Don't mind us Bardster, you have a little chat with yourself hun' :grin: Before you know it, you'll be PM-ing yourself :grin:

How do you know I don't already? I am obviously so used to just talking to myself :tears:

Pammy
12th-November-2003, 05:54 PM
How do you know I don't already? I am obviously so used to just talking to myself :tears:

Don't take it personally, he does it himself all the time :wink:

LilyB
12th-November-2003, 09:11 PM
..can Lily being lilster?

Px

Hey - that's moi! :waycool:

LilyB

Jon L
13th-November-2003, 01:54 AM
Hey - that's moi! :waycool:

LilyB

I would have to be JONLSTER

Mr. Lizard would be LIZSTER or LOUNGELIZSTER

Will would be WILLSTER

(if he ordered one)

Jon L
13th-November-2003, 01:57 AM
I enjoyed Hipsters tonight - I have posted a question about the length of the second class in Intermediate Corner

However, people were asking me to dance tonight - which is really nice - I did not turn anyone down. and no one who I asked turned me down eithwe :grin:

A good time although perhaps too crowded due to the freebie

Andy McGregor
13th-November-2003, 02:48 AM
I enjoyed Hipsters tonight too. But it was too crowded. I even felt move to ask Roger to play slower music because it would make it easier for the crowds on the dance floor. Hopefully it'll be back to normal next Wednesday. It was so busy tonight that Daisy was knocked out during a dance floor collision.

Let's hope she makes a full recovery.:kiss:

I met Debster tonight. I've met her plenty of times before, but on those occasions I didn't know she was Debster - I've even appeared on stage with her at the Albert Hall. But it was still great to meet another person from the Forum and I feel I know her better now I know who she is on here too:cheers:

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 02:55 AM
...It was so busy tonight that Daisy was knocked out during a dance floor collision.

Let's hope she makes a full recovery.:kiss:

Christ :sad: what a way to put a face to a name. Get well soon hun :hug: Even after Victor's announcement I saw one or two continuing with low drops :( just give in sometimes.

In addition, there was this little 'erbert, (please tell me if I was alone in this) who, while I was discussing the merits of the 'Bongo Pongo' (sorry, just seen 'Strictly Ballroom, love the name of that move :rofl: ) with Pammy(tm), said 'erbert muscles up, bellows 'If all your gonna do is hold hands, sod off muggle!'. Wonder who that could have been, 'ey Andy :grin:

TheTramp
13th-November-2003, 09:43 AM
I believe that you'll find it's the 'Bogo Pogo'. Not the 'Bongo Pongo'.

Steve

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 10:08 AM

We were definitely doing the Bongo Pongo and I suspect Andy M was too :wink:, everyone else in the room can't be vouched for :grin:

PS Any ideas for David B? Can he be Barkster? Or even Oracster?

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 10:59 AM

Steve

:what: It's true! No longer can I hypothetically refer to me making mistakes (the occasional typos don’t count, I can’t type :nice: ), I have actually made one :what: Bang goes my day :sad: I know, ‘cockupster (easy Pammy, Bardsey McG etc).

Bardsey
13th-November-2003, 12:25 PM
I know, ‘cockupster (easy Pammy, Bardsey McG etc).

Well you said it, buddy! If the cap fits and all that.....:rofl:

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 12:35 PM
Well you said it, buddy! If the cap fits and all that.....:rofl:

I can see where this is going :grin:

ChrisA
13th-November-2003, 12:46 PM
PS Any ideas for David B? Can he be Barkster? Or even Oracster?
Leadster?

Chris

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 12:55 PM
Leadster?

Yes, very good :grin:

Andy McGregor
13th-November-2003, 01:03 PM
David B could be Bster, Smoothster, Coolster or, possibly, Lily'sSidekickster:devil:

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 02:26 PM
Can we say Sunday night and next Wednesday for shirts please. Lily wants a Lilster one btw.

Sheepman
13th-November-2003, 02:32 PM
Wonder who that could have been, 'ey Andy
Sounds like the same one that waylaid Lily just as she was heading my way. :tears:

Daisy, I hope you're feeling OK now, did this incident happen before or after Viktor's (or was it Roger's?) announcement? I didn't spot any wild behaviour myself last night, (though I did get a complaint from ChrisA as I did a small and very safe dip with M.)

Greg

PS Can't do shirts Wednesday, as I won't be there. What about around Saturday lunchtime, unless anyone is eating lunch (wimps!).

Andy McGregor
13th-November-2003, 03:04 PM
Sounds like the same one that waylaid Lily just as she was heading my way. :tears:
Greg

Sheepster, now that I've become Lily how did you know which one of us was the original Lily? It could just as easily have been Lily waylaying me on my way to you:devil:

And Boomster, you were just casually chatting to the Pamster - if I'd known it was you I'd have kicked you in the shins for wasting a star dancers time with idle chat:wink:

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 03:06 PM

And Boomster, you were just casually chatting to the Pamster - if I'd known it was you I'd have kicked you in the shins for wasting a star dancers time with idle chat:wink:

:really: Idle chit-chat! Damnned munchkin! What do you mean if you'd known it was me!?! You didn't know!?! You couldn't guess!?! :tears:

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 03:55 PM
just casually chatting to the Pamster

Just chatting eh?

From that I can tell you didn't listen to what was being said :wink:

Although in saying that, our last conversation of the night couldn't be classed as idle chit chat either; I think Chris A is still in shock :what:

Px :rofl:

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 03:56 PM
Just chatting eh?

From that I can tell you didn't listen to what was being said :wink:

Px :rofl:

:what: Or by whom!

Pammy
13th-November-2003, 03:57 PM
:what: Or by whom!

Not me; I don't always need words :wink:

Bardsey
13th-November-2003, 04:33 PM
I don't have anything useful to say about the current discussion (and before you say anything Boomster, I do sometimes have useful things to say....there bet you to it!) I just wanted you all to know that I am now a senior member!

Oh dear, now I have to go have a lie down, I think I'm having a senior moment :sick:

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 04:39 PM
I don't have anything useful to say about the current discussion (and before you say anything Boomster, I do sometimes have useful things to say....there bet you to it!) I just wanted you all to know that I am now a senior member!

Oh dear, now I have to go have a lie down, I think I'm having a senior moment :sick:

Now listen here yung lairdy, I may mock you for your cack-handed approach to quoting, but I never accuse you of having nothing to say. I am fully aware of the fact that wimmin always have something to say, and that sometimes it's best to simply nod your head and reply 'yes dear'.

Yes dear :grin:

Forte
13th-November-2003, 04:49 PM
Steps into conversation VERY late...
Can I have a Jackster ? And can Pamster and Boomster bring it up to Aberdeen where I will pay for it....?
Runs away before gets shouted at for being VERY forward....

Boomer
13th-November-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Forte
Steps into conversation VERY late...
Can I have a Jackster ? And can Pamster and Boomster bring it up to Aberdeen where I will pay for it....?
Runs away before gets shouted at for being VERY forward....

BOTH OF US!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! wHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?!?!?!?!?! Can't see a problem with that, see ya there hun.....oh, and I expect big things with your toes :what:

:grin:

Forte
13th-November-2003, 04:53 PM
BOTH OF US!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! wHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?!?!?!?!?! Can't see a problem with that, see ya there hun.....oh, and I expect big things with your toes :what:

Oooh! Ta...size 12 ladies dress size, please...:kiss: (My toes are a size 5...)

Debster
13th-November-2003, 07:28 PM
I met Debster tonight. I've met her plenty of times before, but on those occasions I didn't know she was Debster - I've even appeared on stage with her at the Albert Hall.

Oh yeah!! That's right. I knew you were Andy too, just not, Andy McGregor ;) oh - I mean 'Ster :D

And i had no idea about this huge thread... !! SO funny :rofl:

Jon L
14th-November-2003, 02:21 AM
I am no longer a "junior" in this site

I am now fully established :grin:

Boomer
14th-November-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
I am no lomger a "junior" in this site

I am now fully established :grin:

Well, your spelling's spot-on :grin:, just another 93 post to go to be really fully established :cheers: :grin:

Jon L
14th-November-2003, 03:01 AM
My keyboard was giving me problems, and if you'll believe that you'll believe anything! :grin:

Boomer
14th-November-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
My keyboard was giving me problems, and if you'll believe that you'll believe anything! :grin:

Yeah right, every time McGregster says that we nearly get sent upstairs :grin: Both hands on the keyboard please, after all, spilling coffee over it would be bad news :grin:

Bardsey
17th-November-2003, 11:55 AM
Yes dear :grin: :rofl: Touche :cheers:

Boomer
18th-November-2003, 02:14 AM
:rofl: Touche :cheers:
Shame you can’t make BB :sad:, think it's going to be a good ‘un. :grin: (anyone have a 'frantically excited ape' smiley thing?)

While it is undeniable that ‘Debster’ is the mother of all ‘Sters (hiya mum :grin: ) I have irrefutable proof identifiying the ‘Father’ of all ‘Sters...

Indeed. In fact in the world of dance, quality can be obtained by appending 'ster' at the end of a word. i.e. Hipster, Debster... from now on Ill be Dreadfulster Scathester ;)
Smurfey! He’s responsible for the madness that has become ‘The ‘Sters’ Cheers dad :cheers:

Bardsey
18th-November-2003, 03:10 PM
Shame you can’t make BB :sad:, think it's going to be a good ‘un. :grin: (

Yes it is, feel like I'm really missing out. :tears: Ne'er mind, next time eh? Hope you all have a brill time, as I'm sure you will. Are you driving up there, flying, coach or what? Its a hell of a way from here, never mind London!:confused:

Pammy
18th-November-2003, 03:24 PM
Are you driving up there, flying, coach or what?

Flying; me and 'im on the Friday, David and Lily on the Saturday. Not sure if anyone else from down here is going...

It's getting closer; just need to catch up on my sleep and I'll be ready for another weekend of partying!!!

Px

Dreadful Scathe
18th-November-2003, 03:47 PM
Smurfey! He’s responsible for the madness that has become ‘The ‘Sters’ Cheers dad :cheers:
:grin: All i can say is - what a shame for Debster :D

No problem son ;)

Debster
18th-November-2003, 04:48 PM
While it is undeniable that ‘Debster’ is the mother of all ‘Sters (hiya mum ) NOW I'm scared!
People are going 'Ster crazy! It's not my fault!

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Debster
NOW I'm scared!
People are going 'Ster crazy! It's not my fault!

Hello mummy:hug:

Debster
18th-November-2003, 04:55 PM
OK, I just got a bit freaked out by being called 'mum'... I think I can see that the sentiment was actually complimentary, so I won't run away from the 'Ster clan after all. ;)

See some of you at the other original 'Ster tonight hopefully!

Debster
18th-November-2003, 04:58 PM
Hello mummy:hug:

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
:what:

Boomer
18th-November-2003, 05:00 PM
OK, I just got a bit freaked out by being called 'mum'...

What's wrong with being 'mum' to a 400lb, moody (allegegd..aledd..so they say) silverback gorilla :tears:

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2003, 05:03 PM
What's wrong with being 'mum' to a 400lb, moody (allegegd..aledd..so they say) silverback gorilla :tears:

Childbirth:what:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-November-2003, 05:03 PM

i think that may have had to be a caesarian :)

Dreadful Scathe
18th-November-2003, 05:04 PM

tsk I woulve gotten away with that if it hadnt been for that pesky Andy :).

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2003, 05:10 PM
tsk I woulve gotten away with that if it hadnt been for that pesky Andy :).

Hey mum, can I change my name to Peskster?

Boomer
18th-November-2003, 05:17 PM
And she was worried about being 'mother' to a gorilla :what:

Debster
18th-November-2003, 05:19 PM
No. We don't want to encourage that kind of behaviour.
Now sit up straight and eat yer beans.

Bardsey
19th-November-2003, 12:08 PM

Oooouuuucccchhhhhh!:blush:

Boomer
19th-November-2003, 12:53 PM
Oooouuuucccchhhhhh!:blush:

Painful? Ha, woke up this morning, stubbed my toe on the edge of the bed :tears: Now that was pain, agony beyond description:tears: :tears: :tears:

I'm off to the deepest bunker I can find!

ChrisA
19th-November-2003, 12:56 PM
...woke up this morning, stubbed my toe on the edge of the bed :tears:
Sounds like the words from a song...

... did it get you dancing the blues, as well as singin' 'em?

Bardsey
19th-November-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm off to the deepest bunker I can find!

I think that's probably for the best, Boomster, you naughty gorilla....although I have a feeling that no matter how hard you try and hide.... we'll find you!:devil:

Boomer
19th-November-2003, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the words from a song...
... did it get you dancing the blues, as well as singin' 'em?
Oh I can assure you the air was blue this morning :tears: It really hurt :sad:

I think that's probably for the best, Boomster, you naughty gorilla....although I have a feeling that no matter how hard you try and hide.... we'll find you!:devil:
Where's the sympathy :tears: (yes in the dictionary, midway between s*** and syphalis :grin: ) I was in pain and you're picking on me :sad:

Bardsey
19th-November-2003, 01:43 PM

Where's the sympathy :tears: (yes in the dictionary, midway between s*** and syphalis :grin: ) I was in pain and you're picking on me :sad:

:rofl: :rofl: oh poor little gorilla!:rofl: :rofl:

Pammy
19th-November-2003, 05:30 PM
I've just realised Andy; that's THE CAP in the picture isn't it!!?? :yum:

Andy McGregor
19th-November-2003, 06:09 PM
I've just realised Andy; that's THE CAP in the picture isn't it!!?? :yum:

Yes it is the Officer and a Gentleman hat. I've gone for a sort of family crest that sums up my dancing perosona. It's also got the following;

Kilt
Pink wig
Black suspender
Red fishnet stocking
Sheer tights (for hiding leg hair when wearing the above).

There is also the sleeve of a gold shirt but it didn't come out well in the picture. After the lambasting I've enjoyed this afternoon I think I'm going to replace it with a crash helmet and cricket box :devil:

And on the subject of publishing the Camber DJ finish times on the programme. Rockbottoms say they'll finish at 'SillyO'Clock'. I think it would have solved many problems both at Camber and on the previous postings on this thread if the published time had been the same at Camber:wink:

Lounge Lizard
19th-November-2003, 07:28 PM
Yes I've gone for a sort of family crest that sums up my ...... perosona.
Kilt
Pink wig
Black suspender
Red fishnet stocking
Sheer tights (for hiding leg hair when wearing the above).

After the lambasting I've enjoyed this afternoon I think I'm going to replace it with a crash helmet and cricket box :devil:
wont they clash awfully

ChrisA
19th-November-2003, 07:43 PM
I already have both, but they do clash, the Crash helmet (only size M - surprisingly!)
Andy, don't you need to get ready or something? You're due in London in an hour and a quarter

:D :D :D :D

Andy McGregor
19th-November-2003, 07:51 PM
Andy, don't you need to get ready or something? You're due in London in an hour and a quarter

:D :D :D :D

I will be leaving at 7.15 with the expectation of arriving at 8.40ish. And before you say anything, I'd have to be there and not do the lesson to be a Hotshot. Then again, maybe I am a Hotshot and will spend the intermediate lesson sat near the stage smoking a joint and giggling with DavidB:devil:

And to pre-empt the next thing. I know you also need to be a good dancer to be a Hotshot - see you in the lesson:tears:

ChrisA
19th-November-2003, 07:56 PM
I will be leaving at 7.15 with the expectation of arriving at 8.40ish. And before you say anything, I'd have to be there and not do the lesson to be a Hotshot. Then again, maybe I am a Hotshot and will spend the intermediate lesson sat near the stage smoking a joint and giggling with DavidB:devil:

And to pre-empt the next thing. I know you also need to be a good dancer to be a Hotshot - see you in the lesson:tears:
Turning up halfway through the lesson in a glittery shirt and making such a, ahem, stylish entrance, rendering the teacher speechless made me seriously suspect you of hotshot-status when I saw you the first time...

:D :D
Chris

PS Hipsters is a non-smoking venue, BTW :devil:

Andy McGregor
19th-November-2003, 08:01 PM
Turning up halfway through the lesson in a glittery shirt and making such a, ahem, stylish entrance, rendering the teacher speechless made me seriously suspect you of hotshot-status when I saw you the first time...

Don't tell me, then you saw me dance and changed your opinion:devil:

ChrisA
19th-November-2003, 08:06 PM
Don't tell me, then you saw me dance and changed your opinion:devil:
No, then I realised who was with you in your avatar and was even more convinced :waycool: :D :D :D

.... and then... oops... shouldn't be here, should be on the other thread...

Andy McGregor
19th-November-2003, 08:09 PM
No, then I realised who was with you in your avatar and was even more convinced :waycool: :D :D :D

Just goes to show how easily fooled some people can be - maybe they're not hotshots at all, just have a good agent:devil:

Pammy
20th-November-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by The Captain
I know you also need to be a good dancer to be a Hotshot - see you in the lesson:tears:

You're on my A List :hug:

Px

ChrisA
20th-November-2003, 03:48 PM
If you're a 16er wouldn't it sort of speak for itself.

Quite. Wearing a 16er T-shirt would instantaneously label you as a hotshot - or a complete muppet.

And a muppet, actually.

And, what is Franck's 'ster name? Splitster?

Graham
20th-November-2003, 03:54 PM
Andy asked:
And, what is Franck's 'ster name? Has to be Combster surely?

Pammy
20th-November-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Has to be Combster surely?

and that would make you pantster? Right?

Beach Boogie; ahhh, those were the days :wink:

Franck
20th-November-2003, 03:56 PM
Quite. Wearing a 16er T-shirt would instantaneously label you as a hotshot - or a complete muppet. Unless you were being post modern ironic of course :wink:
Splitster? I already have one thank you, I am the:

Admini'ster

Franck.

Andy McGregor
20th-November-2003, 04:07 PM
You're on my A List :hug:

Px

Thank you Pamster:kiss:

However, now that I've recovered from being knocked semi-conscious by your wiggle last night I'm reviewing your position in my listing:devil:

OK, I've thought about it. You're still on the list:hug:

But you're only on probation until you can think of something to do with that wiggle rather than stunning old men - what am I saying? I must still be concussed:confused: You just keep on doing that thing with your wiggle...:devil:

ChrisA
20th-November-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Unless you were being post modern ironic of course

Only Andy could carry that off successfully :devil: :devil:

Pammy
20th-November-2003, 04:15 PM
knocked semi-conscious by your wiggle last night

Is the wiggle that pronounced? :what:

Pamsterx

Boomer
20th-November-2003, 04:38 PM

Pamsterx

It’s not pronounced hun, it’s enunciated and projected :what:

Andy McGregor
20th-November-2003, 04:40 PM

Pamsterx

Years ago I did Kung-Fu and we were taught something called the 'one inch punch' where you stored up all the strength in your body and had an explosive release of power through a short sharp movement of your fist.

We'll I think you've developed the wiggling equivalent. There I was doing a move called the Matador(y) which involves a sort of tunnel exit when POW, a powerful hip bone/cranial contact was made - and I saw stars:what:

I'm sure all the guys agree that the Pamsters wiggle is great. But beware, it has a hidden power to stun:wink:

Andy McGregor
26th-January-2004, 11:48 PM
I was watching the news tonight. During the sports bit they showed a building with lights on the front.

The building said;

MANC STER UNITED

Obviously someone has been up North and broken a bulb in an attempt to make the 'sters even more famous:devil:

Pammy
27th-January-2004, 10:29 AM
I was watching the news tonight. During the sports bit they showed a building with lights on the front.

The building said;

MANC STER UNITED

Obviously someone has been up North and broken a bulb in an attempt to make the 'sters even more famous:devil:

Is Paul trying to get himself into the clique?

I know a certain other newcomer who is keen to display the orange and white trademark shirt; she just needs to get herself a suitable name first :wink:

Bardsey
27th-January-2004, 10:42 AM
Is Paul trying to get himself into the clique?

I know a certain other newcomer who is keen to display the orange and white trademark shirt; she just needs to get herself a suitable name first :wink:

Who's that then? Who's Paul? Why don't I know these things? What's my name? Where am I?:confused:

ChrisA
27th-January-2004, 10:51 AM
she just needs to get herself a suitable name first :wink:
I think your creative talents are needed here, Pamster.

Any ideas?

Chris

Pammy
27th-January-2004, 01:00 PM
Paul is the infamous Wizard of Oz.

As for names, Andy M is the king of naming, the best I can come up with is Je'ster.

Help Andy!!! We need your input!

Andy McGregor
27th-January-2004, 01:24 PM

Is this something to do with football? My knowledge of football comes to a full-stop in 1971 when I discovered Rugby:waycool:

ChrisA
27th-January-2004, 01:40 PM
As for names, Andy M is the king of naming, the best I can come up with is Je'ster.

I don't think Andy is quite ready in this case.

Not sure about Jester. I quite like Jster, myself. Thoughts?

Chris

Divissima
27th-January-2004, 02:39 PM
How about Smilester - she has a lovely smile (unless I've got the wrong person).

we are talking about Jayne here, aren't we?

I'll get my coat.... :tears:

Debster
27th-January-2004, 03:06 PM

The building said;

MANC STER UNITED

I saw that too! SO cool! :D (Although I can't remember exactly which letters were out)
More evidence that 'sters are at the top of their game! :D

Divissima
27th-January-2004, 05:19 PM
How about Topster (as in spinning top)?

ChrisA
27th-January-2004, 05:36 PM
How about Topster (as in spinning top)?
I like it. A lot.

Chris :cheers:

Pammy
27th-January-2004, 05:38 PM
I like it. A lot.

Me too, Top'ster - very good indeed!

Jayne
14th-May-2004, 09:42 AM
I see that the 'Ster craze has got as far as Wexford, Ireland...

Jayne
14th-May-2004, 09:44 AM
hmmm... let me try again...

Pammy
14th-May-2004, 10:34 AM
Ha Ha, excellent :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2004, 11:18 AM
you seem to forget, the 'ster name is reserved for purveyors of excellence a la debster - do any of you deserve the title ? :)

"Let you not take the 'ster name in vain, or thoust get such a slapping" book of scathe (2:45)

ChrisA
14th-May-2004, 11:31 AM
you seem to forget, the 'ster name is reserved for purveyors of excellence a la debster - do any of you deserve the title ? :)

What rubbish. Debster, sadly now departed for more southerly climes, though hope she'll surface here again soon, is a special case - she was a 'ster before the invention of the term.

But as for the rest of us, anyone can become one, providing all the qualifying criteria are met.

Which are for the most part completely arbitrary - though slagging off Hipsters is pretty much an automatic disqualifier. Unless it's being done by a 'ster.

Clear? If so, then we need to change the rules again :D

Chris

Pammy
14th-May-2004, 12:09 PM
I can also confirm that blue-boy has been in Hipsters and thus would automatically qualify for 'ster-hood himself.

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2004, 12:10 PM
What rubbish. Debster, sadly now departed for more southerly climes, though hope she'll surface here again soon, is a special case - she was a 'ster before the invention of the term.

Nay Nay and thrice Nay, Debster is the cause of the term, as I invented the term* (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2004&perpage=20&highlight=debster%20hipster&pagenumber=2) I should know :).

(* about 11 posts in)

Pammy
14th-May-2004, 12:26 PM
is the cause of the term

No No, I think you re-invented the term :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2004, 12:30 PM
oh yeah ? prove it :)

Pammy
14th-May-2004, 12:59 PM
oh yeah ? prove it :)

Make me - or at least take off your hat - either will surfice :D

Debster
17th-May-2004, 06:09 AM
I'm listening....

ChrisA
17th-May-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm listening.... Hurrah :hug: Glad you made it Ok... make sure you keep us up to date with events down under..

Been dancin yet?

Chris :flower: