PDA

View Full Version : MAC help needed in recording and filming

Ste
1st-February-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello there.Needy ignoramus here just after more help.

1. Recording music. I went to a friend's house and managed to download "Audacity" a free program. I have managed to use this virtual studio becase the Mac has a built in microphone. obviously I want to connect directly into the MAC but dont know whether I can get an input for it to convert analogue to digital. Where can I get this?

2. Filming. I have "Imovie" and am thinking of making a dvd pilot (Wirral; viking history; Donald Trump etc). I was trying to see if I could convert old dance footage into Imovie format but just didn't have a clue.If I can sort this out then things can get cooking because I can convert Cam to DVD (DVD recorder....well when its working).

Any tips on either?

straycat
1st-February-2008, 03:06 PM
Hello there.Needy ignoramus here just after more help.

1) Don't know quite what you mean, sorry.

2) I use a program called VisualHub (http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/) for most of my video conversion. Costs £12, very easy to use, can convert from just about anything to just about anything. If you convert to DV format, iMovie will import it just fine.

Ste
14th-February-2008, 08:11 PM
For music recording I need an interface that converts Analogue sounds (eg guitar) and jack to digital (USB) for my Mac. Apparently my model is slightly old and that is why there is no mini-jack plug input. Which is frustrating as I still cannot record my award winning concept prog rock album!