PDA

View Full Version : Lee Easton 'WCS' at Brean Sands

Minnie M
31st-January-2008, 06:52 PM
UKCW Competition + dedicated WCS room - 22nd to 25th Feb

Is anyone going to this ??

Minnie M
4th-February-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks folks, knowing lovely people have already booked has enouraged me to do so, I have just booked with my buddy Shirley

(PM me if you need any more information re prices for this event)

Caro
4th-February-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm trying to go to this - given that there will be Robert and Deborah and Ronnie and Brandi it would be too much of a shame to miss it :clap:- however I am running into logistical difficulties.

Flights to bristol are extorsionate (over 300 quid, I can fly to LA for less than that!), so I'm looking at either:
- flying to Heathrow late on friday night (back on monday)
- flying to Luton during the day on friday , back on monday

Is there anybody out there who would be interested in sharing a car (i.e. I would rent one) or, even better, would have any of those airports on their way and could give me a lift to Brean Sands if schedules fit ? Promise to tell all about the cruise gossips :wink:

Caro
4th-February-2008, 11:54 PM
Right - sorted now :D
Paul F, Jennifer and I are booked - I can't wait :clap:

Paul F
5th-February-2008, 02:25 PM
Right - sorted now :D
Paul F, Jennifer and I are booked - I can't wait :clap:

Yay! Looking forward to it.

I had heard the price of £65 somewhere but I had no idea that it included accommodation!!!

Wow!

My ballroom partner is probably going to beat me to death for having another weekend off but you know what....I dont care :)

Caro
5th-February-2008, 02:29 PM
My ballroom partner is probably going to beat me to death for having another weekend off but you know what....I dont care :)

Way to go, Paul :clap:

Who cares about ballroom when you can swing ;)

(and Night-Club 2 step the night away ;) )

Paul F
5th-February-2008, 02:32 PM
Way to go, Paul :clap:

Who cares about ballroom when you can swing ;)

(and Night-Club 2 step the night away ;) )

Well now that Im a NC2S master I am looking forward to it :rofl::rofl:

ps. I still care about ballroom and it is still my favouite dance. Just that its nice to have a bit of variety :grin:

robd
5th-February-2008, 02:33 PM
Are there any online details for this event anywhere? I did pick up a flyer at Lee's class a while back but can't seem to find it now.

Paul F
5th-February-2008, 02:34 PM
Are there any online details for this event anywhere? I did pick up a flyer at Lee's class a while back but can't seem to find it now.

Very little from what I can tell. I did a search for "UK Country Brean Sands". One of the resulting websites had details on the competition but little on anything else.

Caro
5th-February-2008, 02:41 PM

Couldn't find anything either. I booked through the Pontins website (code CW08)...
Attached the only flyer I have found in my emails.

May be someone (Carron, Kev ?) could post more info or get Lee to post more info? :flower:

Minnie M
5th-February-2008, 09:52 PM
I am not sure but I think it is a Pontins promotion (hence the cheap costs)

With regard to the WCS bit, once again only guessing, I think Lee had the input there as he is promoting that part of the event

I found what I think is the original UKCW flyer

kriss
6th-February-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi

website for this is www.cwdc.co.uk/euro2008

Its a country western dance competition. These are great weekends with great dancers:nice:

Caro
6th-February-2008, 05:49 PM
website for this is www.cwdc.co.uk/euro2008

cheers for that, although that link doesn't seem to work. This one (http://www.cwdc.co.uk/euros2008/euros2008.html)does though :D

robd
6th-February-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Kriss

If you're going to be there then that adds a little more incentive to attend :clap:

Caro
6th-February-2008, 05:58 PM
Hey Kriss

If you're going to be there then that adds a little more incentive to attend :clap:

not good enough for you, are we :rolleyes:

Minnie M
6th-February-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey Kriss

ABSOLUTELY :worthy: would love to see you, miss you lots and lots

robd
6th-February-2008, 06:02 PM
not good enough for you, are we :rolleyes:

Hey, I said 'more incentive' - the subtleties of the English language still slipping by your Royal Frenchness I see..........

westcoastangie
6th-February-2008, 07:39 PM
Believe it or not this is my first ever post on the Forum! The flyer that Caro attached is the one I sent out with my last WCS newsletter. It is the official flyer for the separate Swing Room which Lee Easton is hosting and organising together with the programme for the WCS competitions and workshops. The main country event is in the line dance ballroom which closes at around 2.30am. The Swing Room will be open till much later and to my knowledge most of the London based dedicated Westies (me included) have said they are attending. Partner dance workshops will be in NC2 step and 2 step as well as WCS. The £65 is for 3 nights budget accommodation including the weekend pass but if you spend a bit more you can get a nicer chalet. The DJs will be Lee Easton and Graham Burke. There will also be some amazing cabarets on the Sunday. I sent out the following summary today:

22 - 25 February, 'Swingin in Somerset' welcomes Lee Easton and friends with special guests RONNIE DEBENADETTA and BRANDI TOBIAS as well as ROBERT CORDOBA and DEBORAH SZEKELY. This CWDC event has a separate swing room for the whole weekend with Newcomer, Novice, Pro-am and Invitational Jack and Jills and lots of workshops from only £65 for 3 nights self-catering accommodation and the weekend pass. Booking hotline: 0870 604 5606 this event represents unbeatable value with plenty of opportunity to practise before the main event of the year.

Hope this is enough info to encourage all westies to book and make this event the springboard before Weston.

Minnie M
6th-February-2008, 07:48 PM
Believe it or not this is my first ever post on the Forum! The flyer that Caro attached is the one I sent out with my last WCS newsletter. It is the official flyer for the separate Swing Room which Lee Easton is hosting and organising together with the programme for the WCS competitions and workshops. The main country event is in the line dance ballroom which closes at around 2.30am. The Swing Room will be open till much later and to my knowledge most of the London based dedicated Westies (me included) have said they are attending. Partner dance workshops will be in NC2 step and 2 step as well as WCS. The £65 is for 3 nights budget accommodation including the weekend pass but if you spend a bit more you can get a nicer chalet. The DJs will be Lee Easton and Graham Burke. There will also be some amazing cabarets on the Sunday. I sent out the following summary today:

22 - 25 February, 'Swingin in Somerset' welcomes Lee Easton and friends with special guests RONNIE DEBENADETTA and BRANDI TOBIAS as well as ROBERT CORDOBA and DEBORAH SZEKELY. This CWDC event has a separate swing room for the whole weekend with Newcomer, Novice, Pro-am and Invitational Jack and Jills and lots of workshops from only £65 for 3 nights self-catering accommodation and the weekend pass. Booking hotline: 0870 604 5606 this event represents unbeatable value with plenty of opportunity to practise before the main event of the year.

Hope this is enough info to encourage all westies to book and make this event the springboard before Weston.

Please excuse my ignorance - but who are you (your real name) :blush: sorry

I started this thread as I wanted to go, but also wanted (selfishly) to encourage other dancers along that I knew. I am pleased to say that I have managed to encourage a few good dancers to book this event plus a few personal friends who are not forumites

This is a Ceroc forum, so need to be careful that it isn't used for advertising

westcoastangie
7th-February-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey Lynda, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed yesterday? I'm feeling like you've dumped a load of bricks over me... It's westcoastangie here. I appreciate it's a Ceroc Forum but since the thread was asking questions about Lee's Swing room at Brean and nobody seemed to have all the info they wanted, I thought I would supply it. Yes, I am promoting this event to help Lee, in the same way as I promote all WCS events in the UK and the US in order to attract more and more people to my favourite dance. I just want to clarify for anyone who doesn't know me that I have no financial interest in any WCS event but I do spend a lot of my week helping organisers who do and also helping to inform WCS dancers where all the events are. I will definitely be at Brean and I know that quite a lot of people have already booked and I look forward to seeing you there.

Caro
7th-February-2008, 04:05 PM
This is a Ceroc forum, so need to be careful that it isn't used for advertising

I appreciate it's a Ceroc Forum but since the thread was asking questions about Lee's Swing room at Brean and nobody seemed to have all the info they wanted, I thought I would supply it.
(...)
I just want to clarify for anyone who doesn't know me that I have no financial interest in any WCS event but I do spend a lot of my week helping organisers who do and also helping to inform WCS dancers where all the events are...

Thanks Angie for the info.

It is a fine line sometimes between talking about events and advertising them... you'll know that I'm the first one to get extremely annoyed at plants whose objective is solely to advertise an event :mad:.
However at times myself I create threads about events (I'm a bit like Angie, no financial interest with anybody I just want loads of people to enjoy WCS!), which if you don't know, might seem like advertising... I guess at the end of the day it's a matter of who you are on the forum and what are your motivations, and it's more difficult to gauge that with first time posters than with 'older' ones. Hence Minnie's reaction... no big deal either way I hope :flower:

Minnie M
7th-February-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey Lynda, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed yesterday? I'm feeling like you've dumped a load of bricks over me... It's westcoastangie here.

:blush:Really sorry Angie - It wasn't meant to offend, it was purely my curiousity - I have had some mean PM's lately :tears: I should have realised it was you by the content, but the forum name threw me.

With regard to the bit about advertising, I started this thread as I have said, but I have also had bits of my posts removed by the moderators as they were deemed to be advertising - I was just pointing it out for not only you but to everyone.

......(I'm a bit like Angie, no financial interest with anybody I just want loads of people to enjoy WCS!), which if you don't know, might seem like advertising... I guess at the end of the day it's a matter of who you are on the forum and what are your motivations, and it's more difficult to gauge that with first time posters than with 'older' ones. Hence Minnie's reaction... no big deal either way I hope :flower:

Thanks, Caro, I am in the same situation - no financial gain, just for love of dance and good company, hence my explanation of why I started the thread

See you both there :clap:

westcoastangie
11th-February-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the apology and the welcome messages. I joined about 18 months ago but never posted anything. I guess I should have joined just as 'westcoastangie' but since everyone seemed to have a name and I'm a Georgie from Northumberland, I came up with 'Northwestie'...

Anyway I saw Lee yesterday and he did a 'hands up who's going to Brean' poll at Bisley and at least half the people there said they were. He's still working on the workshop schedule but will email it to me when it's ready and I'll put it on here if I get it in time. (I'm off to Capital Swing in Sacramento tomorrow). :grin:

Chef
11th-February-2008, 11:21 AM
I guess I should have joined just as 'westcoastangie' but since everyone seemed to have a name and I'm a Georgie from Northumberland, I came up with 'Northwestie'...

If you really wanted to you could ask the Moderators to change your login name for you. It has been done before that people have registered with one name and changed it later.

Most people on the WCS scene know you as WestCoastAngie and recieve the very useful emails from you keeping them informed of forthcoming events in the WCS area, rather like Minnie Mouses invaluable events list for the south eastern parts (Lynda's List (http://www.lyndaslist.com)) which has been my monthly download for the past 8 years for the MJ, swing and tango events.

kriss
15th-February-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey Kriss

I really want to come but unfortunately flying out to skiing holiday on the saturday:sad:Gutted!!!!!

In London on the Thu and Friday night though if anyone got suggestions where to dance. Would love to see you guys...been too long

xx

Minnie M
15th-February-2008, 05:06 PM
I really want to come but unfortunately flying out to skiing holiday on the saturday:sad:Gutted!!!!!

Such a shame you will defo be missed :tears:

........In London on the Thu and Friday night though if anyone got suggestions where to dance.....

Winning Post, Twickenham (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/social-events/15312-sfunk-22nd-feb-whos-coming.html) ??? Friday night - I will be on the door - lots of your friends will be there

...... Would love to see you guys...been too long........

It certainly is :tears:

Lory
15th-February-2008, 06:58 PM
Winning Post, Twickenham (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/social-events/15312-sfunk-22nd-feb-whos-coming.html) ??? Friday night - I will be on the door - lots of your friends will be there

:yeah: I do hope you can make it, your one of the people who gives me a real thrill to watch! :worthy:

Minnie M
15th-February-2008, 07:51 PM
:yeah: I do hope you can make it, your one of the people who gives me a real thrill to watch! :worthy:

:yeah: :respect: :yeah:

Caro
19th-February-2008, 12:24 AM
Due to a slight change of plans, Jennifer and I are looking for a lift back to London (well, heathrow) on monday morning... if anybody can help please let me know - we'll cover fuel costs of course :flower:

DS87
19th-February-2008, 04:35 PM
Is there Social dancing on the Friday night??? If so is there any way to come for just the Friday night as I am fairly close but unfortunately working on Saturday:tears:

Steve

Lory
20th-February-2008, 12:00 PM
Dynamo has asked me to post on his behalf, as he can't get onto the forum till after the weekend.

He would like to know if there are any spare ladies tickets going?

If anyone knows of one, please PM me and I'll give you his number!

Caro
20th-February-2008, 12:06 PM
Is there Social dancing on the Friday night??? If so is there any way to come for just the Friday night as I am fairly close but unfortunately working on Saturday:tears:

I think you should come yes - can't imagine there wouldn't be any dancing going on :D

Caro
20th-February-2008, 12:21 PM
I think you should come yes - can't imagine there wouldn't be any dancing going on :D

I'm told you might have to pay for the full weekend, though... may be you can come sat night and sunday too ? :flower:

Paul F
20th-February-2008, 12:43 PM
Due to a slight change of plans, Jennifer and I are looking for a lift back to London (well, heathrow) on monday morning... if anybody can help please let me know - we'll cover fuel costs of course :flower:

That's my fault :(

Caro
20th-February-2008, 02:29 PM
That's my fault :(

The question really is, and how do you intend to make up for this, you evil unreliable person ;) ? :whistle:

DS87
20th-February-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Caro

Originally Posted by Caro
I think you should come yes - can't imagine there wouldn't be any dancing going on

I'm told you might have to pay for the full weekend, though... may be you can come sat night and sunday too ?

Sadly, even though £65 is a good price it seems a bit excessive for 1 night's freestyle! Nevermind lots more happening in the near future.:waycool::clap:

Jennifer
20th-February-2008, 02:47 PM
The question really is, and how do you intend to make up for this, you evil unreliable sod ;) ? :whistle:

Sadly, even though £65 is a good price it seems a bit excessive for 1 night's freestyle! Nevermind lots more happening in the near future.:waycool::clap:

Paul, if you are stuck for ideas - How about buying us DS87 for the evening?

Caro
20th-February-2008, 02:50 PM
Paul, if you are stuck for ideas - How about buying us DS87 for the evening?

way to go wifey!!!! :worthy: I like the idea ! :clap:

I was more thinking along the lines of compensation in a combination of NC2S danceS and dark chocolate, myself... :whistle:

Almost an Angel
20th-February-2008, 07:47 PM
The question really is, and how do you intend to make up for this, you evil unreliable person ;) ? :whistle:

Seconded - Just ask Mr F what time he turned up last night!!!

westcoastangie
21st-February-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Northwestie here - name soon to be changed to westcoastangie courtesy of Lory. Thank you to Chef for the suggestion.

Caro, Jennifer, what time is your flight on Monday? John and I could probably just about manage to pack you in with everything else (apart from the kitchen sink). However we will not be leaving till fairly late on Monday I imagine and I have no real idea when. We are working as staff over the weekend and most certainly could be required to take down decorations, tidy up etc on Monday morning. We also wouldn't be up very early at all either!

westcoastangie
21st-February-2008, 08:35 PM
For anyone going to Brean if you can get there before 5.00pm there is a 2 hour workshop with Lee and Sydney called "Crash Course in Country". It includes 2 step and Night Club 2step. Between 7 and 8 he is revising the line dance that he taught at Bisley. (Give it Back)

robd
21st-February-2008, 08:39 PM
Getting excited now - one sleep to go :clap:

I expect we'll be there before 5 so I will try to get along to the crash course - I need it :sick:

I think the swing room (Lunar room) is the one used as the Utopia room for Breeze so it's a decent enough size.

I might even get the cake tins out tonight and make a little something to bring along :D

Smiley Sue
21st-February-2008, 10:51 PM
Oh! How disappointing:tears:

I have never known a w/e have a class so early, & it is simply too late notice to get there any earlier. My chalet mate won't be leaving work until 2pm at the earliest, so we have no chance of gettting there in time.

Angie, will Lee be teaching more 2 step & NC2 over the course of the w/e? It is one of the things me & my chalet mate were really looking forward to:flower: Is there a schedule available online??

I'll prob get there in time for the line dance, but I can already do that one thanks to the great class at Bisley...

Slightly grizzly Sue:sad:

Rob - please make lots of yummy cake to console me:drool:

DS87
21st-February-2008, 10:57 PM
Hope that you all have a great time at the Weekend. :nice:

robd
21st-February-2008, 11:19 PM
A (small) lemon drizzle cake has been made :grin:

Whether it will survive intact until I arrive remains doubtful :rolleyes:

Caro
21st-February-2008, 11:41 PM
A (small) lemon drizzle cake has been made :grin:

Whether it will survive intact until I arrive remains doubtful :rolleyes:

keep us some, pretty please :flower:

Paul F
22nd-February-2008, 10:42 AM
Im really looking forward to this weekend. Sounds like its going to be a nice, smaller crowd of peeps compared to the likes of S'port. Well, smaller crowd of peeps that I know!

Setting off from London with 3 trouble makers at around 7:15 this evening. Hopefully the traffic will have eased a little by then.

See y'all there (thats my American coming out in preparation for the C+W :D )

Caro
22nd-February-2008, 11:01 AM
Setting off from London with 3 trouble makers

ouch, I'm hurt :tears:

Setting off from London at around 7:15 this evening.

So, just to sum up in case you, you know, forget or something :whistle:, it's TONIGHT, 7.15, Heathrow, Terminal 1.

Jennifer is blonde with really long hair and I'll be the one with a big sign saying 'PAULF WHERE THE H*LL ARE YOU'

just kidding hun, love you really :kiss:

Peter
22nd-February-2008, 03:39 PM
Angie, will Lee be teaching more 2 step & NC2 over the course of the w/e? It is one of the things me & my chalet mate were really looking forward to:flower: Is there a schedule available online??

Don't panic! Lee will be teaching two more hours of these on Sunday:

12-1 NC2 basic moves
2-3 2step basic moves

Caro
22nd-February-2008, 03:43 PM
Don't panic! Lee will be teaching two more hours of these on Sunday:

12-1 NC2 basic moves
2-3 2step basic moves

cool! where did you get the program from ? any chance you could post it here ? :flower:

Peter
22nd-February-2008, 04:15 PM
cool! where did you get the program from ? any chance you could post it here ? :flower:

Since you asked so nicely ....

Paul F
22nd-February-2008, 04:37 PM
Wow!
That's a whole load of linedancing :sick:

For some reason I thought there was competitions in things like two-step, NC2s and the like.

Peter
22nd-February-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow!
That's a whole load of linedancing :sick:

For some reason I thought there was competitions in things like two-step, NC2s and the like.

There are - several of us are contemplating entering the 2step comp
The above is Lee's WCS programme

Paul F
22nd-February-2008, 05:51 PM
Ah! thanks for confirming Peter.

Will look forward to that.