PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Champs

Keith
6th-October-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi Guys,
I will be travelling up from Manchester on the 17th October, for your Friday Pre Comp Party & then for the competition on Saturday.
Both myself & Janey will need a Hotel close to the venue. Do any of you fantastic Scottish folk have any recommendations?
As we will not be in the Hotel all that much, quality is not a major issue, so long as it is clean & friendly. A guesthouse would be good.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Looking forward to another great couple of nights!!
Glad to hear you had a fantastic time at Gus's, we were sorry we couldn't make it, as we were at Rebel Yell, too many things on at similar times, always the way! :nice:
See you soon,
Keith

Tiggerbabe
7th-October-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Keith
Both myself & Janey will need a Hotel close to the venue. Do any of you fantastic Scottish folk have any recommendations?

Hi Keith!

Great to hear that you and Janey will be visiting again - there's a whole host of us booked into the following Travel Inn - so the after party/comp parties should be good :wink:

The address details of the Travel Inn are as follows:
Carberry Road
Inveresk
Musselburgh
Edinburgh
EH21 8PT

Tel: 08701 977092
Fax: 0131 6532270

Hope this is of some help,

Sheena x

Lounge Lizard
7th-October-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi guys, be great to C U again, :) , Janey as we did not get to dance at Rebel Yell can we make up for that in Scotland.
Peter

RoyBoy
7th-October-2003, 11:03 AM
So one bottle of Pink Cava admits one. Sounds like a good deal to me.:cheers:
so the after party/comp parties should be good

Tiggerbabe
7th-October-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RoyBoy
So one bottle of Pink Cava admits one. Sounds like a good deal to me.:cheers:

Nah - your deal is this:- the promise of delivering on that long overdue foot massage - I think by Saturday night it might be just what I need :hug:

But if you have a spare bottle of Pink Cava - I'm sure we can find a home for it :wink:

Forte
7th-October-2003, 01:45 PM
Travel Inn fully booked, Travel Lodge fully booked , Premier Lodge almost fully booked ! :hug: Phew! Lots of lodges in Musselborough!!!

Twinkle Toes
7th-October-2003, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheena
Nah - your deal is this:- the promise of delivering on that long overdue foot massage - I think by Saturday night it might be just what I need.

As long as Sir Roy remembers that we share everything at these après comp parties !!! :devil:

.... How many women will be there ? Probably more if they know they are getting pampered by the Boy Roy. :drool:

.... and sorry guys, but as far as I am aware, Roy don’t do men !

TT x

Keith
7th-October-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Guys,
Booked in at the Premier Lodge, thanks for all your help.
Will there be a Post Camp's Celebration in this Hotel, or are we all going back to Sheena's
Keith :wink:

Tiggerbabe
7th-October-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Keith
are we all going back to Sheena's
Keith :wink:

Sweetie - you and Janey are more than welcome to come back with us - no idea how far it is from the Premier Lodge though :waycool:
Or we can all come back to yours :wink:

Don't worry - there *will* be an after comp party :D :hug:

TheTramp
8th-October-2003, 12:34 AM
I'm staying at the Premier Lodge too Keith.

Of course, I'll be having an early night :D

Steve

Lounge Lizard
8th-October-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Sweetie - you and Janey are more than welcome to come back with us ......Don't worry - there *will* be an after comp party :D :hug: If you can bring the music box I will bring the CD's:grin: peter

Tiggerbabe
8th-October-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
If you can bring the music box I will bring the CD's:grin: peter

It's a deal!!!!!They always moan about *my* music anyway - well after they've finished dancing to it that is :wink: :hug:

Lounge Lizard
8th-October-2003, 07:20 PM
Sheena I saw your music list for Gus's party:what: :wink: :grin:

Gus
8th-October-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Sheena I saw your music list for Gus's party:what: :wink: :grin:

Sir ... thou hast cast unfair doubt uponj the fair ladies taste in music. Be it known I managed to play at least ... urrr, urrmmm ... three records from her list (and managed to half clear the floor to SK8r Boi .... but I like it anyway:wink: )

SORRY Sheena .. only joking ... let it be said there are noticable regional differences in music taste. I promise to post the actual playlist from Saturday (don't think there are too many surprises) when I can decipher my handwriting.

Daphne
9th-October-2003, 09:25 PM
Will we have the honour of meeting Pammy, Gus, Lounge Lizard, and other such foreigners at the Scottish chimps?

Forte
12th-October-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Scooby Doo
Will we have the honour of meeting Pammy, Gus, Lounge Lizard, and other such foreigners at the Scottish chimps?
Pammy is afraid of chimps...:rofl:

Tiggerbabe
12th-October-2003, 08:52 PM
Only 5 days to go now till the Friday night party :D

It's going to be a fab weekend!

Gus - have you got those orange trousers all washed and ironed? :yum:

Dave Hancock
12th-October-2003, 08:56 PM
Was just thinking this myself earlier today and trying to wonder what most people are most looking forward to or are most worried about.
Sheen - I take it Gus's trousers would get your vote.
Am just looking forward to hopefully meeting lots of new dancers and having a fabby time. My main worry is that nobody else is hearing the same beat as me on Friday and Saturday:wink:

Tiggerbabe
12th-October-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Sheen - I take it Gus's trousers would get your vote.
Well, they are such a beautiful colour :wink:

My main worry is that nobody else is hearing the same beat as me on Friday and Saturday:wink:

Oh God! They're having music with a *beat* :tears: :tears:

Dave Hancock
12th-October-2003, 09:16 PM
Well, they are such a beautiful colour :wink:

:confused: :confused: Are you an Arab?????

Dave Hancock
12th-October-2003, 09:17 PM

Oh God! They're having music with a *beat* :tears: :tears:

Frightens me too buddy!!

Tiggerbabe
12th-October-2003, 09:29 PM
:confused: :confused: Are you an Arab?????

I am!!!!:hug: (and so's Tigger - check the suit :wink: ) And have been to many a match in my time (although thankfully not recently :sad: )

Gus
12th-October-2003, 10:34 PM
Gus - have you got those orange trousers all washed and ironed? :yum:

Well ... urrmm ...actualy ..... the trousers ARE washed and ironed ... BUT I'm afraid they will be staying in the drawer. Few 'challenges' at work mean that instead of being one of the judges in fair Edinburgh, I'll be busy swearing at reports and plans in Bolton:sick: .... NOT my ideal way of spending a weekend :tears: :tears: :sick: :reallymad :reallymad

HUGE SORRY ... but will miss out on catching up with all my mates ...... please txt me the results ... gutted I can't be there but I know you guys will put on a great show .... as usual.

May have to make a Beach Party as penance ........

Dreadful Scathe
13th-October-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Gus
... gutted I can't be there

right, thats it - Im not going :)

Send you vids Gus ;)

Andy McGregor
13th-October-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Gus

Me too:tears:

My inconsiderate brother is getting married on Saturday. I will be wearing my kilt and thinking of you enjoying yourselves:tears: :tears: :tears:

Minnie M
13th-October-2003, 10:52 AM
Me too :tears:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Gus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am doing a Swing weekend in Coventry - wish I had known about the Scottish Champs before booking it

GOOD LUCK TO ALL:cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-October-2003, 02:10 PM
So, is there an avatar meeting again at this years Scottish Comp ?

:D Ill be the one dressed as a cat :)

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Well ... urrmm ...actualy ..... the trousers ARE washed and ironed ... BUT I'm afraid they will be staying in the drawer.
AW!!! :tears::tears:

May have to make a Beach Party as penance ........ :tears:
WEll if it's the one in November - that sounds like a great idea - it'll be no penance though Gus, the Beach Ballroom is just the best venue ever and the parties are brilliant :waycool:

Dave Hancock
14th-October-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Well ... urrmm ...actualy ..... the trousers ARE washed and ironed ... BUT I'm afraid they will be staying in the drawer. Few 'challenges' at work mean that instead of being one of the judges in fair Edinburgh, I'll be busy swearing at reports and plans in Bolton:sick: .... NOT my ideal way of spending a weekend :tears: :tears: :sick: :reallymad :reallymad

Shame you can't make it, as an honourary Scot you'll be missed, but shall the lovely Helen still make the trip up and are any of your other guys coming up??

Gus
14th-October-2003, 08:33 PM
but shall the lovely Helen still make the trip up .....

Yup ... Helen will be up ... she's had a taste of Scotmen and shes coming up for MORE:wink:

Not sure if many others are coming ... as usual nobody paid heed to my comments re how good the comp would be till they met the 'Scots on Tour'. However, hopefully Me and Sarah will be travelling up to the BEach party in Nov with Mike and Sue Broady (your hosts for Sunday lunch) and I'm sure we'll try to persuade others:waycool:

Gus
14th-October-2003, 08:34 PM
Oopps ... please ignore .... cant get the hang of this modern technology

Graham W
15th-October-2003, 11:46 PM
I am glad that u guys are being spared the War showcase as it would probably result in one between scotland & Bristol/wales,

Chicklet
16th-October-2003, 05:36 PM
Is Friday night in Muss or Marcos?????????

Don't want to boob and show up at the wrong one!!:D

Graham
16th-October-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Is Friday night in Muss or Marcos?????????

Don't want to show boob at the wrong one!!:D It's in Musselburgh.

TheTramp
16th-October-2003, 05:50 PM
Nice misquote there..... Young Man!!

Steve

Tiggerbabe
17th-October-2003, 12:28 AM
OK Guys - only 20 hours to go until party time!!!!!!:D :D

The suitcase is almost packed - (well that's for Saturday :wink: ) - just need to decide what I'm bringing for tonight :what: oh! and must remember the tickets, oh! and clean the shoes, oh! and safety pins, elastoplasts, ibuprofen, spare smellies, another towel, fan.................oh! and the camera (spare film anywhere?) - did I mention the tickets? :sorry

Looking forward to meeting and dancing with loads of forum peeps...........and to those of you who aren't making the journey - have a good weekend, 'cause we'll be having a blast :na: :na:

Best of luck to everyone who's taking part and thanks to all of the people who are working behind the scenes to make sure everything goes smoothly. Big hug to Scot - relax, everything will be fine :hug:

See you all in Musselburgh :waycool: :kiss:

Gadget
17th-October-2003, 09:26 AM
Just like to wish all a great time. :waycool:

{I would whish you all good luck as well, but since you are all competing against each other it's a bit redundant :wink:}

Bill
17th-October-2003, 10:27 AM
how can I work when I still have to pack............:rolleyes: I'm off down south after the comp for a week so need to pack for that as well so it'll be a very busy lunchtime :sick:

Outfit for tonight; a couple for tomrrow, enough dance clothes for a week of dancing; 'normal' clothes; isn't dancing and holidaying just a pain ................:na: and too busy to be nervous ( yet !!!)

Looking forward to a great day tomorrow. :cheers:

LilyB
17th-October-2003, 12:01 PM
Good luck to everyone taking part in this weekend's Scottish comp. Wish we could be there :sad:

Never mind .... we'll be up for next month's dance in Aberdeen, so see you all then! :nice:

LilyB

Paul F
17th-October-2003, 01:46 PM
I would just like to echo the other sentiments and say a huge BEST OF LUCK :cheers: to everyone taking part in the champs.

From what i hear it will be an event to remember. :grin:

PeterL
17th-October-2003, 02:01 PM
Good Luck everyone in the champs.
I wish I could join you but I will be moving into my new house this weekend.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Bill
17th-October-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
Good luck to everyone taking part in this weekend's Scottish comp. Wish we could be there :sad:

Never mind .... we'll be up for next month's dance in Aberdeen, so see you all then! :nice:

LilyB

We all wish you could be there too !!!!!!:grin:

Maybe see you at Hipsters next Wednesday ???? I can't make the Beach Ballroom weekend so will miss you and David there as well. :sick:

LilyB
17th-October-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bill
.... Maybe see you at Hipsters next Wednesday ???? I can't make the Beach Ballroom weekend so will miss you and David there as well. :sick: Oh no!!!!!!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

And won't see you on Wednesday either as we have to practise for Rock Botts' cabaret on Saturday. :sick:

LilyB

Wendy
17th-October-2003, 05:12 PM
Have fun at the party tonight (everyone who's going...) ....
looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow !!!!

Skip skip skip... hyper... excited.... might get myself hypnotised so I manage to get some sleep !!!!

:kiss: :hug: :cheers: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxx

Dreadful Scathe
17th-October-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
[B]Have fun at the party tonight (everyone who's going...) ....
looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow !!!!
B]

The Milky Bars are on me!!!!

Andy McGregor
17th-October-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
The Milky Bars are on me!!!!

They'll show up against your blue skin. You could always paint them a nice Smurfy blue colour with the paint you tricked Lolly into giving you:devil:

p.s. I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-October-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
p.s. I want to be there at the champs, I want to be there at the champs,....

so what are you saying ? you want to be there at the Champs ?

:grin:

Will
19th-October-2003, 02:23 AM
Well I've not heard all the results yet, but early reports I'm getting seem to imply a Big (no pun intended) day for the Tramp. I think he might have won the Advanced and the Lucky dip and got 2nd in the Open.

However, I do hope that Scott or Franck see this post early enough to collar the Tramp and take Urine sample from him. I have it on good authority that Steve "Rio Ferdinand" Lampert is anxious not to do a dope test in the next 36 hours. I wouldn't want to cast any aspertions as to why this might be!

I have it on good authority that the Open was won by Dave (from Boogie Steps) and Denise (from Dundee).

Congrats to all, and I look forward to hearing a fuller report from those who were there.

Will.

P.S. "The Tramp is Clean" T-shirts will be available from all Ceroc Franchises from Friday".

Andy McGregor
19th-October-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Will
However, I do hope that Scott or Franck see this post early enough to collar the Tramp and take Urine sample from him. I have it on good authority that Steve "Rio Ferdinand" Lampert is anxious not to do a dope test in the next 36 hours. I wouldn't want to cast any aspertions as to why this might be!

I've been backstage with The Tramp and I can confirm that I saw him using drugs in the dressing room. It said 'Ventolin' on the inhaler but I'm not sure what was in it as I did notice tell-tale dilating of the pupils while we were doing our Cabaret together:devil:

Even if we can catch him, getting a urine sample from The Tramp is going to be difficult. We've all taken the p**s so much I can't imagine he's got anything left to give:sick:

p.s. Well done Trampy:waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-October-2003, 12:51 PM
Very well organised competition again. Nice one Scot!

Well done everybody, well deserved win for Melanie and James in the intermediate - now they do need to go up to advanced for the next Scottish Champs ;).

Was a fun day. From a personal competition point of view a complete washout :( but i still enjoyed the day. One thing I did notice a change in was the judging: not to be critical at all, but i did feel the judging and what the judges seemed to be looking for has changed from last year. Just from my own observation as a spectator for the events i wasnt involved in, i disagreed with a lot of judging decisions. So either my taste has changed or different judges score in a different way from the judges last year :D. But then, Im not a judge :).

Ill let someone else post results as i cant remember them all :).

Tweetie
19th-October-2003, 01:19 PM
What a fun day!
Well done Scot.... the organisation was superb. I don't know how you managed to keep everything running exactly to time it was amazing. :grin:
To have raised over £6000 for cancer research is just wonderful everyone should be immensley proud of themselves!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
(Please post the final total as soon as you have it Scot.)

Well done Melanie and James a very well deserved win in the intermediates you both looked fabulous as usual!

Congratulations to all the 'Fatal Attraction' team you looked fantastic.... have it all on video so we will send you a copy.:kiss:

There was a wonderfully friendly and supportive atmosphere all day and it was great to see all the people up from south of the border I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
Thank you all the 'Alley Cats' for all your hard work and dedication over the last few months DS, Elsie and I are so proud of you all!
We are looking forward to Blackpool already!

Once more well done everyone!

Stuart M
19th-October-2003, 01:38 PM
Finally roused myself from my pit and dragged my sore legs across to the Mac!

Thanks Scot and all your helpers for a super day. I really enjoyed myself and had some terrific dances (special thanks to Peggy from Chicago via Newcastle, and the ladies from Manchester), and enjoyed watching the comps. I disagreed with about half the judges decisions, but that's about a normal ratio for me :)

Also I was glad the dancing went on until after midnight: last year the floor seemed to thin out later on IIRC, but everyone was well up for it this time. And I was pleasantly surprised by the charity fund result: as Fi says, it makes the event that wee bit special, and immense credit should go to Scot and his crew for this :cheers:.

PS apologies to anyone who's still seeing flashing lights :what: I've been told my hand signals aren't very clear at times so I was probably overcompensating :D

Dance Demon
19th-October-2003, 01:58 PM
Great day.....organisation was excellent...everything virtually on time:what: ....some fantastic dancing.
Well done Mel & James...had to come sometime:cheers:
Well done to Denise & dave in the Open, ..well deserved:waycool:
Mr Tramp......you danced very well for a beginner:wink: you must have got good partners to guide you along....:rofl:
Well done to Fatal attraction in the cabaret..y'all looked very polished:cool:

This was the first time Mrs D an me had danced in competition, and we were happy to reach the semis...
Thank you to Jo from Stockport for a lovely dance in the lucky dip, who followed me well and , happy to reach the semis there too.

The cabaret.....well Wow....crowd reaction was amazing to our Alleycats routine, and I think it will get even better by the time Blackpool comes around:wink: top marks to Fi, Scathe, and Elsie for all the hard work puting the routine together...and all the other cats for getting there without too many fall outs:wink: :D

All in all a great day , and a great advert for Ceroc in Scotland.

P.S......didn't see the familiar Forum banner anywhere:confused:
thought it would have been the ideal place to advertise the UKs top dance forum.........

Boomer
19th-October-2003, 02:05 PM
While I spent the eve running from cockroaches its seems the Socttish were having all the fun:grin: Glad you had a good un byt the sound of it, well done DD....but where are the pics:confused: Just to let the rest of us know what it was like:nice:
:cheers:

P.S. If the rumours are true, Well done Trampy:D :cheers:

Forte
19th-October-2003, 02:36 PM
Have never been to a dance event like this before and loved it. well done to the organisers and the judges! (Who all loked very glam. Go Girls!)
Loved the troosers Mel and James! :grin:

Denise, Fran and Bill were gorgeous and awesome in Double Trouble.:cheers: Wow!

Congratulations to Denise and David on the open win ...loved the handstand at the start!
:)

Hayley and Steve Trampie Boy were brilliant in the advanced:waycool:

The cabarets were so enjoyable...how to choose, eh! (Michael, I could see you under that cat mask and you looked like the proverbial cat got the cream...you were loving it!:D )

I thought Sheena was brilliant in the advanced and Open..your name in lights (or even on a certificate) soon!!! And that red dress - you looked amazing.

Ann and Steve - well done for the lucky dip:hug:

And BIG, BIG NEWS!! I bought a pair of shoes from Boogie Nights and did my first double spins EVER!!!! Thank you Grant, Roy and Colin for catching me when it all looked like it was going to go horribly wrong...

Oh and Stuart...your hand signals are fine but you know you could land a light aircraft at night with those cuff links don't ya?! :wink:

Ann
19th-October-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks to everyone at the Scottish Champs for a great day! The organisation was superb, Scot and Obi - well done.

Congratulations to all participants and the fantastic winners in all categories - our job is never easy...

Those of us up from Ceroc-Newcastle had an excellent time and would love to return the compliment so anyone coming down our way would be more than welcome.

See you soon we hope.

Ann and Paul
Ceroc-Newcastle

Stuart M
19th-October-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Forte
Oh and Stuart...your hand signals are fine but you know you could land a light aircraft at night with those cuff links don't ya?! :wink:
Hey...maybe I could get a job at the airport and become a taxi dancer all over again... :rolleyes:

PS Were you the lady who made that same comment on Saturday? If so, thanks for the dance...good one:nice:

filthycute
19th-October-2003, 09:50 PM
What an amazing weekend it's been!! Anybody who missed it.....missed out quite frankly. Just to echo James' thoughts on the other thread, it was brilliantly organised and i'm sure Scot, Angela, the judges and the rest of the crew can finally sit back feeling an enormous sense of wellbeing (ok i stole that from blur:sick: ) for putting on a terrific event. Well done and thank you to you all.

I'd like to congragulate everybody first off....

Steve & partner and Steve & Ann.....I don't think i've seen anybody quite as surprised as Ann....her face was a picture!!!
:really:
Denise & David.....what about that handstand move eh?.....fab!!!
Bill, Fran and Denise.....smoothest trio on planet UK:waycool:
and Fatal Atrraction.....judging by the reports on here i wasn't the only one to notice how polished and precise it looked......you were all spot on and it was great to watch. Well done y'all:grin: :grin:

And a special congrats to the intermediate runners up...2 very dear friends of ours and their first competition.....what amazing result!!!...they danced their socks off and we're very proud of them both.:hug:

HUGE thank you to my lucky dip partner, Peter. He was absolutely fantastic!!!! He did me really proud and thanks for donating him Linda :wink:

Well done to everybody who was competing on the day. I know how hectic it is with costume changes and trying to keep the nerves at bay and everybody i saw dancing looked like they were having a ball :D

Final thank you to my partner, James. He was on top form and danced brilliantly through all our heats. He's come a long way since our first competition and he's worked really hard. He made me really proud and i'm a lucky lady to have him :hug:

whoops! juat a tad long, but its not easy getting a whole weekend in one post:yum:

see you dancing.....erm....somewhere,,

filthycute x x

linda
19th-October-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by filthycute :
What an amazing weekend it's been!! Anybody who missed it....missed out quite frankly.

Absolutely Melanie!! It was brilliant!! Congrats to Scott and the crew for their excellent organisation and to the judges for what was a really tough job..:grin:
It was great to see so many from south of the border.... Lynn hope you've got the buses booked for next year :wink:
I loved all the hugging at the start of the Open final..that's what made the day such fun, great dancing and everyone was so friendly!

Congrats to all the winners and well done to all the others who took part.
Thanks to Steven, my partner in the lucky dip who bravely gave up Melanie and took me instead :wink:
Big thanks to Steven and Irene my partners in the double trouble..you were brill:hug:
And finally a HUGE thankyou to Peter for dancing with me and for travelling all that way to take part, it was brill and such FUN!!! :hug:

See you all next year!!

Linda:hug:
:cheers: