PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gus

Alfie
5th-October-2003, 02:58 AM
Cheers Gus for another great night at Northwich. The music was ace the company evan better. Hello again to all the Mad crew and appologies to all the ladies I missed dancing with, many thanks to those I did dance with:D
Really great night hope to see you all again soon:nice: :nice:

DavidY
5th-October-2003, 10:17 AM
Absolutely - I had a fabulous time.

A great venue, top music from Gus & Punkfish, and all those lovely dancers... :drool:

Daisy Chain
5th-October-2003, 12:49 PM
I too had a fabulous night, great music, lovely big spinny dancefloor, chocolates, lovely men to dance with...............and plenty of them. Had so much fun during Return to Sender - I wonder who he was? (and I'm sorry for treading on his foot )

Plus, I thought the Ceroc Scotland team display was fandabbydozy. Very entertaining. However, I don't believe the ones wearing the kilts were real Scotsmen :wink:

Daisy

RoyBoy
5th-October-2003, 02:06 PM
They Came, They danced, They made a BIG Impression. Great to see you all and even better to dance with - most - of you. Missed Lisa and Monika, so I'll be looking to pick up the tab at the SCOTTISH CHAMPS in TWO WEEKS. (Their all my pals you know):hug: :kiss:
Great night Gus and a couple of cool moves in the class - and a thaughtful gesture in cutting it short. Lots of people coming in during the class with itchy feet (Good observation)

Dave Hancock
5th-October-2003, 02:25 PM
Just home and would also like to say what a fantastic time I had, there were so many lovely dancers there and had some fabby dances with lassies that I'd never met before. The venue and music were both terrific and I think the only thing I'd complain about is the midnight finish - what is that all about:confused: :confused:

Also special thanks to the Dundee team for letting me join in their caberet and for being so helpful and friendly at both the practices and all weekend, with an extra big thank you to Ann who saved me on the night from going off at a tangent:hug:

Only took 3 and a bit hours to get home so you never know, may try and make another visit and may even manage to talk the American Gigalo into joining us!

Emma
5th-October-2003, 06:40 PM
Another thanks Gus to add to the list - what a great night!! A fab venue, great music, briliant dances...what more could a girl want? :cheers: :kiss:

And the MAd crew...what can I say... it was *brill* to see you guys again - here's to the next time!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Claire
5th-October-2003, 07:29 PM
A brilliant evening ....... a fantastic weekend ....... and a big hello to all the new people I met from the forum (although now I am confused because I have real names and forum names going around in my head and I just hope they are linked to the correct people....lol).

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome and a big thank you Emma for driving!!! :hug:

Gus
5th-October-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
.......and I think the only thing I'd complain about is the midnight finish - what is that all about:confused: :confused:

Don't get me going about having to finish about midnight .... some ancient law (probably written in 11BC) prohits music to played on a Sunday in this borough:tears: :tears: Can you believe that?? Needless to say I'm actively trying to get this challenged.

Anyway ... just a short note, as I've got a load of comments and memories of last night to think about but simply THANK YOU to all the Forum members who made the long trip to Northwich. Representatives of London, Nottingham, Birmingham were there aswell, of course, as the fantastic Scots. No greater ambassadors for the Forum or Modern Jive can be found. Franck and Scot, you should be very proud of these guys .... simply the best.

When my poor brain can function again I hope to start a new thread based on the gossip from last night and the brilliant lunchtime we had today ... the hotel didnt know what had hit it! Sufficeth to say I shall think of some cryptic comments to make about 'The Tart', Bombay Bad Boy and dancing under airconditioning, interesting pillows, the 'wrong type of bra', dressing sporrans to the left and non-true scotsman ... to name but a few. Can't remember laughing so much over Sunday lunch.

Guys, seriously missing you all already .... as are my local dancers ... special mention to Lisa who was described by two of my best male dancers as AWESOME ...... may the fun continue!:grin:

Chicklet
6th-October-2003, 10:26 AM
Alfie called me a madam!!!!!!!!:eek: :tears:

But made up with it with a lovely dance I have to admit.

Can only echo the above - had a wonderful time and some great dances with random men I think I scared into dancing with me!!

Hotel craic was a good giggle as usual, waking up in the dark in a strange room er "cheek to cheek" with Sheena with two hairy men on the next bed was a new experience too and one can never have enough new experiences!!

Thanks to TT and the Bunny Girl for contributing our group nibbles and for being great back seat drivers :D - sounds like we didn't get lost nearly as much as the rest of them!!

So thanks to Gus + crew for extending all the invitations to non-performing travellers and hope to be back for another installment pretty soon!.

Cx:D

Monika
6th-October-2003, 03:16 PM
Thank's to Gus and everyone who made it down from Scotland to Northwich: Superb party with fantastic music & excellent dancers and many memorable dances: 99% fabulous and one a touch too rough where I nearly got my arm pulled out of the socket and had to rest for a wee while - but apart from that a brilliant week-end and somehow we got to see a lot more of the area than planned... Very nice indeed. No time to make it home to Aberdeen so travelled direct from Manchester so Sunny Pau in the South of France where I'm currently enjoying the stunning views of the Pyrenees (and oh yes - working hard)...
(Alfie??? RoyBoy I know who you are now so no excape in Musselburgh)

Take care and hope to see you all in Musselburgh
:)

Tiggerbabe
6th-October-2003, 05:48 PM
Can only agree with everything that has been said already :D

HUGE Thankyou to Gus, Sarah, Helen, Mike, Sue and everyone else who was there in Northwich, for making us so welcome and for helping us have so much fun - especially to the bloke who asked if I was one of the Scottish lot - I was wearing a tartan rara skirt and a Scotland t-shirt at the time.
Punkfish and Gus played some great dancing tunes - unfortunately even while we were having a run through of the cabaret routine. :sad:
My only regret (well 2 really!) is that I didn't get a dance with Punkfish or Alfie - although I had so many fab dances over the evening. So many men - so little time :wink:

Also a huge thanks to everyone in the cabaret for all of their hard work and commitment - especially to Irene and Dave for stepping in and learning it all in two weeks - thanks guys you were all brilliant!

Can't wait for the next one - and we'll just have to bring more of the forum contingent with us - it was great to have the Lovely Roy, Laura, Lisa, Lana, Ruth and Chickie there.

Must mention Hazel and John's after the party dance routine - how sexy can one couple be?
Roll on Musselburgh - anyone for more *girly pink* cava? :cheers:

Lisa
6th-October-2003, 07:32 PM
Great party Gus. I throughly enjoyed the music.

The Scottish caberet was superb! Lots of scottish kisses in there. Dave H, you were always a true scotsman in Aberdeen so I've been told?! Were you not brave enough in Manchester?

I also had some fantastic dances .....lucky enough to get dances with Punkfish, Alfie ( if you were the guy with the blue swing trousers and braces?) David Y, Sherwin and Steven and lots of other mystery men whose names I don't know. Can't wait until next time I'm down Manchester way. Spending the wkd with Laura was brilliant and we had a blinder of a dance together :drool: A definite highlight.

Originally posted by RoyBoy
Missed Lisa and Monika, so I'll be looking to pick up the tab at the

You know I charge 100% interest on my tabs so it's double the dances at the champs Sir Roy. I will look forward to them but not the bruises I will get from fighting all the scottish ladies for you.

See you soon Gus, I shall get that dance with you at the champs even if I have to recruit the Aberdeen crew to help pin you down!

Cheerio, Lisa x

Alfie
6th-October-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
[B]Great party Gus. I throughly enjoyed the music.

I also had some fantastic dances .....lucky enough to get dances with Punkfish, Alfie ( if you were the guy with the blue swing trousers and braces?)

Yup! that was me:waycool:

Alfie
6th-October-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Alfie called me a madam!!!!!!!!:eek: :tears:

but I didn't call you a madam! as we had not been formally introduced I called you Madam.:D applogies if you were upset by this but now weve danced you fall into the Gladis cattigory:nice:

Twinkle Toes
6th-October-2003, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheena
Can only agree with everything that has been said already

... and a big DITTO from me as well.

Would also like to say that I really enjoyed our Sunday afternoon lunch and the banter that went with it. Rounded off the weekend just perfectly. So for Gus and his friends and all the Scottish crowd that made the weekend one to remember ..
:hug: :kiss:

... anyone for more *girly pink* cava?
count me in ! :cheers:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lisa
so it's double the dances at the champs Sir Roy.

So Roy, now that you've been promoted to a Knight of Ceroc, does this mean we'll have to curtsy before we dance with you? :rolleyes: :D

:cheers:
TT x

ps. A big hug to Chickie Louda, who got us back home safe, without breaking the sound barrier - obviously been taking lessons from Ruth.

Emma
6th-October-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

Must mention Hazel and John's after the party dance routine - how sexy can one couple be?
Oi yoi, yes yes, jealously jealousy :cheers: :grin: