PDA

View Full Version : events discussion board

Amir
1st-October-2003, 06:33 PM
was told I should look at it and can't find it. is it gone? any reasons?

Amir
1st-October-2003, 06:35 PM
ignore above.
found it.

DavidY
1st-October-2003, 11:26 PM
I think that what's happened is the Social Events bit of the forum used to be visible to everyone, including people not logged in, but I noticed recently that you had to be logged in to see it.

Franck, was this deliberate?

David

Franck
2nd-October-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DavidY
Franck, was this deliberate? Hi David,

Yes, it was. :nice:

As the forum is growing, and as an extra incentive to register, more and more areas (especially the ones that offer valuable content, like the DJ booth and the Intermediate discussions) are becoming available to members only.

Cheers,

Franck.

DavidY
2nd-October-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Franck
As the forum is growing, and as an extra incentive to register, more and more areas (especially the ones that offer valuable content, like the DJ booth and the Intermediate discussions) are becoming available to members only.
Hi Franck,

Fair enough.

Can I suggest it might be more of an incentive for people to register if the Social Events board worked the same way as the DJ Booth and Intermediate boards?

Currently non-registered people can see that the DJ Booth and Intermediate board exist and are only available to members, so if they're interested they can register.

The Social Events one doesn't show up on the list on the Home page, so unregistered people can't see it exists until after they've registered, so there's less incentive than with the other boards.

David