PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Phobias

Pammy
1st-October-2003, 09:46 AM
Following on from the "peg" thread that proved very interesting reading indeed; during which I discovered that I shared a phobia with Minnie M.

I was surprised as it's an odd one that involves, erm, nah I won't say incase anyone's having breakfast!:sick:

Anyway, does anyone else out there have any odd phobias? If anyone shares the same one as Minnie M & I, maybe we can start a support group! :wink:

Px

Boomer
1st-October-2003, 10:12 AM
Bizarre phobias...aside from people who wilfully confuse apes with monkeys (you wilful girl:D ) – bugs, full-stop – hate the bloody things, all of them, even butterflies, ugly little evil buggers:reallymad . However, first and foremost – spiders. Size doesn’t matter, any and all spiders, many’s the time I’ve slept in the front-room because I couldn’t find the ’venomous behemoth that I saw from the corner of my eye in my bedroom I know its here watching me waiting for me to sleep before it crawls into my ears or nose or mouth’:tears: . Hate them, kill’em’all:reallymad :tears: :sad:

Bill
1st-October-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Size doesn’t matter

:tears: :sad:

Only a man could ever say that :D

Boomer
1st-October-2003, 10:30 AM
Didn’t I see you on the sock thread?:innocent: :devil: Yeah! 3 posting and already off-topic! And its a Pammpy(tm) post:rofl: ! Oh sweet irony:nice: . Actually, must apologise, the thread is 'bizarre phobias', nothing bizarre about mine.

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-October-2003, 12:59 PM
I mentioned in the same thread as pammy that my phobia is of caterpillars.
especially the black furry ones with the yellow stripes on their backs.

I cringe everytime i see one, My boyfriend thinks its hillarious..!!!

not so funny when i went outside for a fag and there were loads of them crawling about at the back door :tears:

Pammy
1st-October-2003, 01:01 PM
I actually have a phobia of sand on my feet. I'm ok without shoes, but I hate the feeling of sand between my feet and shoes; I get the same feeling as the fingers down the blackboard so if I go to the beach I need to take a bottle of water to wash my feet after leaving the beach. :sorry

azande
1st-October-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
when i went outside for a fag......
Hey, when can we have a smoky dance??? :rofl: :wink:

Wendy
1st-October-2003, 03:47 PM
I hear the track now... Smoke Gets in Your Eyes... how romantic.....

Wx

Dance Demon
1st-October-2003, 09:35 PM
I've got this phobia about colour co-ordinated clothes pegs..................:rofl: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-October-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
I've got this phobia about colour co-ordinated clothes pegs..................:rofl: :rofl:

Ive got a Demon phobia :what:

xSalsa_Angelx
1st-October-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by azande
Hey, when can we have a smoky dance??? :rofl: :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hey I happen to be female.... :D :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-October-2003, 10:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hey I happen to be female.... :D :rofl:

i had to read back to get that...very poor, very poor indeed :D

Graham
1st-October-2003, 11:46 PM
hey I happen to be female.... :D :rofl: Presumably you're a fag hag then........

Bill
2nd-October-2003, 10:20 AM
I don't have any phobias..........but I do have a fear of people who have bizarre phobias :rolleyes: :na:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-October-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Bill
I don't have any phobias..........but I do have a fear of people who have bizarre phobias :rolleyes: :na:

you dont have any phobias bar that one then - which means, reading between the lines, you have a phobia about admitting you have a phobia about people with phobias ? :confused:

Gadget
2nd-October-2003, 12:19 PM
Cotton wool.
I just hate the "squeek" and texture - just thinking about it makes shivers go up behind my fingernails and down my back...
:( :sick: eugh.

xSalsa_Angelx
2nd-October-2003, 12:46 PM
hey nice new avatar gadget..??
what is it..??

Pammy
2nd-October-2003, 02:09 PM
hey nice new avatar gadget..??
what is it..??

It's obviously a turkey giblet; right? :grin:

Gadget
2nd-October-2003, 02:41 PM
This is a public service announcement: discussions regarding my avatar can be found in the "chit-chat" area under the thread title "I know it's late but..." by Ceroc Jock.
Thank you for your attention.
:D

Lindsay
2nd-October-2003, 03:14 PM
Spiders

They have to die... (sorry Aleks....)

Dance Demon
2nd-October-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Spiders

They have to die... (sorry Aleks....)

I'm an arachnophobe too...but I'm getting better, and I actually touched one last week on purpose...(ok so it was only half my thumbnail size, but one has to start somewhere)....however the big ***k off sized ones with the attitude and the doc Martens, that run faster that Red Rum, are still a problem......and if Mrs D ain't around to dispose of them into the garden, they get "the shoe":D

Pammy
2nd-October-2003, 04:50 PM
they get "the shoe":D

:tears: :tears: :tears:

They are all god's creatures :blush:

Bill
2nd-October-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
you dont have any phobias bar that one then - which means, reading between the lines, you have a phobia about admitting you have a phobia about people with phobias ? :confused:

No no no...........you read between the wrong lines DS :eek:

I don't have a phobia about ADMITTING I have a fear of phobics who have bizarre phobias it's the fact that I have a fear of them so that being the case it's the fear of them rather than the fear of admitting it which would of course be a very different phobia would it not !?

That would mean a phobia of admission rather than phobia of bizarre phobics but of course it would be possible to have a fear of the admission of having a phobia of bizarre phobics which could mean you might have two simultaneous phobias. Is it possible to have such simultaneous phobias and not realsie you did indeed have even one, let alone two bizarre phobias???? :confused: :rolleyes:

Graham
2nd-October-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
They are all god's creatures :blush: Which is why DD has sent them back to Him. :grin:

TheTramp
2nd-October-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Which is why DD has sent them back to Him. :grin: Or Her. :rolleyes:

Steve

Dance Demon
2nd-October-2003, 05:01 PM
Which is why DD has sent them back to Him. :grin:

Precisely...and if he doesn't mind them in his house, then he can have 'em all...........:D

Forte
2nd-October-2003, 05:05 PM
No no no...........you read between the wrong lines DS :eek:

I don't have a phobia about ADMITTING I have a fear of phobics who have bizarre phobias it's the fact that I have a fear of them so that being the case it's the fear of them rather than the fear of admitting it which would of course be a very different phobia would it not !?

That would mean a phobia of admission rather than phobia of bizarre phobics but of course it would be possible to have a fear of the admission of having a phobia of bizarre phobics which could mean you might have two simultaneous phobias. Is it possible to have such simultaneous phobias and not realsie you did indeed have even one, let alone two bizarre phobias???? :confused: :rolleyes:

I have a phobia about big ships...explain that one. (Titanic wasn't a disaster movie to me it was a horror movie...I thought I was going to faint with fear all the way through it but I'd read the bloomin book "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and so I tortured myself by going.:tears:

Graham
2nd-October-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Forte
I have a phobia about big ships...explain that one. (Titanic wasn't a disaster movie to me it was a horror movie...I thought I was going to faint with fear all the way through it but I'd read the bloomin book "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and so I tortured myself by going.:tears: Next time I see "Win a cruise on the QE2" I must get you to enter for me - under Murphy's Law you'd be bound to win!

Forte
2nd-October-2003, 05:18 PM
Next time I see "Win a cruise on the QE2" I must get you to enter for me - under Murphy's Law you'd be bound to win!

There you go...on about the law again! You and Steve are obsessed!

Alfie
2nd-October-2003, 07:14 PM
The big ones in your houses live on dead skin:sick: and if you kill a spider it rains for a week. Ah! so thats why its always raining in Scotland.:D

Daphne
2nd-October-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Alfie
The big ones in your houses live on dead skin:sick:
Is that true? Who told you that?

Boomer
3rd-October-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Scooby Doo
Is that true? Who told you that?

Yep, and they sleep in your ears when you'r asleep an' lay eggs in your brain.:tears: Kill'em kill'em'all

Forte
3rd-October-2003, 10:14 AM
You are freaking me out! :sick:

Forte
3rd-October-2003, 10:16 AM
I'm an arachnophobe too...but I'm getting better, and I actually touched one last week on purpose...(ok so it was only half my thumbnail size, but one has to start somewhere)....however the big ***k off sized ones with the attitude and the doc Martens, that run faster that Red Rum, are still a problem......and if Mrs D ain't around to dispose of them into the garden, they get "the shoe":D

This description of a big spider is PARTICULARLY FREAKING ME OUT!!!!!:really: :tears: :tears: Stop it! I don't have a "Mrs D" to kill mine!

Bill
3rd-October-2003, 10:35 AM
ah, but the advantage of having big spiders is that you know where they are. Why not feed them up so they are obvious and then have them as pets ?

Take them for walks and given them names so they become part of the family.

At least if they're big they won't crawl into your ears or up your nose like the little ones might and then let thier eggs hatch so they have to squirm and burrow to get out again :sick: :tears:

Forte
3rd-October-2003, 10:38 AM
Am I allowed to swear at you? I bet you pulled the girls' pigtails in the playground didn't you? My cats sometimes kill them for me so there! Ha!:eek:

TheTramp
3rd-October-2003, 10:56 AM
I bet you pulled the girls' pigtails in the playground didn't you? He still does! :D

Steve

Boomer
3rd-October-2003, 11:13 AM
My cats sometimes kill them for me so there! Ha!:eek:

Cats also play with their prey....don't be too surprised if one day your saviour-moggy (having read this) drops a live wiggling spider into your lap...even worse by your ear when you're asleep...you think I'm joking?

Forte
3rd-October-2003, 12:22 PM
Cats also play with their prey....don't be too surprised if one day your saviour-moggy (having read this) drops a live wiggling spider into your lap...even worse by your ear when you're asleep...you think I'm joking?

Oh good grief! Actually you are right! I have had to batton down the cat flap because they moggies keep bringing me "presents". Usually poor wee field mice or cute birds which are NOT cute when their feathers are all over my hall. They only do it when I run out of whiskas and have to give them dried cat food...I think it is their way of telling me "Get with the meat programme, sister! (Phew...are we off spiders now? Hurray!):grin:

Pammy
3rd-October-2003, 04:35 PM
Oh good grief! Actually you are right! I have had to batton down the cat flap because they moggies keep bringing me "presents". Usually poor wee field mice or cute birds which are NOT cute when their feathers are all over my hall. They only do it when I run out of whiskas and have to give them dried cat food...I think it is their way of telling me "Get with the meat programme, sister! (Phew...are we off spiders now? Hurray!):grin:

My cat heaves if he eats spiders! Luckily my cats are too *chunky* to catch any presents for me.

Px

Pammy
3rd-October-2003, 04:36 PM
Actually, this comes back to my phobia, because my fear of monkeys is so great that I don't like to see my black cat arch his tail in the banana shape as it reminds me of those little tree monkeys and sends a shiver down my spine; see, told you I had it bad!

Px

Boomer
3rd-October-2003, 04:39 PM
My cat heaves if he eats spiders!
Px

Thank you for that:sick: oh dear, I think the image is too much...is it the thought of the spider, or the eating of the spider:sick: oh I'm coming over all faint.

Forte
3rd-October-2003, 07:35 PM
Thank you for that:sick: oh dear, I think the image is too much...is it the thought of the spider, or the eating of the spider:sick: oh I'm coming over all faint.

Pammy and I were doing quite nicely thank you talking about cats and monkeys tails (I can see it...good imagery!!!)and there you go bringing it back to...spiders! It's a conspiracy I tell you! So anyone want to share their pet names/cat names? Mine are Oscar and Angel (not Salsa) oh and Fliss but I am reluctant to mention that black and white fiend because she hates me...:what:

Dance Demon
4th-October-2003, 10:52 AM
oh and Fliss but I am reluctant to mention that black and white fiend because she hates me...:what:

She's the one that'll bring you a spider then:wink: :rofl: :rofl:

Boomer
4th-October-2003, 12:31 PM
She's the one that'll bring you a spider then:wink: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:

One of those big blach hairy ones, that scream along at 50 kph, know no fear and jump:rofl: .... now I've gone all twitchy:what: Me and my big mouth.:eek:

Pammy
6th-October-2003, 10:09 AM
So anyone want to share their pet names/cat names? Mine are Oscar and Angel (not Salsa) oh and Fliss but I am reluctant to mention that black and white fiend because she hates me...:what:

Cats; Meg and Darcy (after Mr Darcy in P&P of course; yum yum, wet shirt :drool: )

Does anyone else talk to their pets in a strange voice.

I used to have a horse called Angel; lovely name and Oscar is a lovely name :grin:

Does Boomer have a cat?

Px

Forte
6th-October-2003, 11:29 AM
Cats; Meg and Darcy (after Mr Darcy in P&P of course; yum yum, wet shirt :drool: )

Does anyone else talk to their pets in a strange voice.

I used to have a horse called Angel; lovely name and Oscar is a lovely name :grin:

Does Boomer have a cat?

Px

THERE'S A WHOLE NEW THREAD STARTED ELSEWHERE pAMMY ASKING IF PEOPLE HAVE PETS...TAKE A LOOK! :hug:

Forte
6th-October-2003, 12:18 PM
Oops caps lock on above. Sorry, Pammy , I wasn't shouting! :blush:

Pammy
6th-October-2003, 12:23 PM
Oops caps lock on above. Sorry, Pammy , I wasn't shouting! :blush:

I know hun, guess :grin:

Found thread too :nice:

Px

Boomer
7th-October-2003, 10:50 AM
Pammy and I were doing quite nicely thank you talking about cats and monkeys tails (I can see it...good imagery!!!)and there you go bringing it back to...spiders! It's a conspiracy I tell you! So anyone want to share their pet names/cat names? Mine are Oscar and Angel (not Salsa) oh and Fliss but I am reluctant to mention that black and white fiend because she hates me...:what:

Hold on!?! I've just noticed this!!!! Saucey soanso:what: :D You blame me!, lil ol lil me:what: :tears: for bringing fast big hairy twitchy spiders WHATS THAT ON YOUR LEG! into the conversation, but I was quoting Pammy(tm)! Oh the bitter injustices of a cold cruel world, think I'll go an eat some worms:tears:

[i]
Does Boomer have a cat?
Px [/B]

God forbid:what: I value loyalty, hence my love of dogs, well big dogs (apart from Jack Russells, vicious little buggers:nice: ) that you can westle with.

Pammy
7th-October-2003, 10:57 AM
apart from Jack Russells, vicious little buggers:nice: ) that you can westle with.

What's westle? Aren't they those sausages they used to serve at the cinema that you could buy "in the foyer now?!" I think they were actually made from corned dog meat and cost an arm and a leg to buy...

Westling dogs? I think we should either call Jonathan Ross or the RSPCA, not sure which! :wink:

Boomer
7th-October-2003, 11:09 AM
What's westle?

Wrestle then, if you prefer. Franck, can we have a 'raises nose in aloof distain' smiley? :yum: :nice:

Westling dogs? I think we should either call Jonathan Ross or the RSPCA, not sure which! :wink:

I think you will find that your sentence structure requires ‘RSPCA’ to be subject to a verb. Unless of course what you are trying to express is the need to call either Jon Ross or the RSPCA :hug: :yum: :nice: :wink:

Pammy
7th-October-2003, 11:22 AM
Wrestle then, if you prefer. Franck, can we have a 'raises nose in aloof distain' smiley? :yum: :nice:

You can try that smiley next time we do the "blues wiggle" if you like :wink: :innocent: :devil:

Boomer
7th-October-2003, 11:25 AM
You can try that smiley next time we do the "blues wiggle" if you like :wink: :innocent: :devil:

Bully:blush:

Pammy
7th-October-2003, 11:31 AM
Bully:blush:

I hope that wasn't a size-est comment! :tears: :wink:

Px

Boomer
7th-October-2003, 11:42 AM
I hope that wasn't a size-est comment! :tears: :wink:

Px

No, bullying is an abuse of the power dynamics in a/any relationship, size/strength is simply one of the means of means of expression. :yum:

Not sure if this is a phobia, but I can't go near peanut butter...coz gramps, when I was just a bairne (little bit of scottish for you:grin:) told me that it was made from powdered rat bones :what: I still can't get over it:tears: :nice:...anybody read Phillip Larkin?:nice:

Pammy
7th-October-2003, 11:50 AM
Ok, well how's this for a bully... blues wiggle with a peanut butter sandwich?! :devil:

Actually, I think we'd better add that to my list of phobias as well; sounds horrible!

Px:innocent:

Boomer
7th-October-2003, 12:00 PM
Ok, well how's this for a bully... blues wiggle with a peanut butter sandwich?! :devil:
Px:innocent:
Dancing, I look daft enough as it is...but dancing with a sandwich:confused: what a strange image....wouldn't smell to good either:nice:

One more phobia, I'm not scared of heights but I am scared of high, open edges.:confused:

Pammy
7th-October-2003, 01:59 PM
One more phobia, I'm not scared of heights but I am scared of high, open edges.:confused:

Know what you mean there, and I hate the person who does the joke of a fake push on such an edge and then pulls you back laughing to himself! :reallymad

Forte
7th-October-2003, 02:02 PM
No, bullying is an abuse of the power dynamics in a/any relationship, size/strength is simply one of the means of means of expression. :yum:

Not sure if this is a phobia, but I can't go near peanut butter...coz gramps, when I was just a bairne (little bit of scottish for you:grin:) told me that it was made from powdered rat bones :what: I still can't get over it:tears: :nice:...anybody read Phillip Larkin?:nice:

Yes...
They **** you up your mum and dad. They might not mean to but they do. They give you all of their own faults then add some extra just for you...
Larkin:cheers:

Pammy
7th-October-2003, 02:08 PM
Yes...
They **** you up your mum and dad. They might not mean to but they do. They give you all of their own faults then add some extra just for you...
Larkin:cheers:

Yes, I'd agree with that, my monkey & sick phobias stem from my family.... :tears: :tears:

Boomer
7th-October-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes...

Yes, I'd agree with that, my monkey & sick phobias stem from my family.... :tears:

But ya gotta luv em....at least, that's what the counciller tells me:wink: :wink: :yum: :wink: :yum: :really: :what: :wink: :yum:

Pammy
8th-October-2003, 09:42 AM
But ya gotta luv em....at least, that's what the counciller tells me

Is McGregster your counciller by any chance? :what: :really: :wink:

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 10:01 AM
Is McGregster your counciller by any chance? :what: :really: :wink:

You've got to be joking:what: He'd be on at me to dressup in stockings, and stilettos (spelling?), and garter-belts, and panties an things, and advising on colours with advice about the perils of fishnet and latex garments...got myself all hot under the coller now thank you:blush:

Gods:what: ! Me in that outfit:sick: Now there's something to be phobic off...

Pammy
8th-October-2003, 10:05 AM
and panties an things

Actually, he prefers it if you forget those :what: :really: :what: :really: :really: :tears:

Bill
8th-October-2003, 10:39 AM
You've got to be joking:what: He'd be on at me to dressup in stockings, and stilettos (spelling?), and garter-belts, and panties an things, and advising on colours with advice about the perils of fishnet and latex garments...got myself all hot under the coller now thank you:blush:

sorry.....................what's wrong with this ????:D :na: fishnets are great but they're hell to keep pulling up. And I keep my latex for very special occasions :wink: :D

Boomer
8th-October-2003, 11:45 AM
... I keep my latex for very special occasions :wink: :D

Suddenly Michelle fief...pfef..pfepfer...catwoman looses her appeal.:sad: :tears:

:nice:

Pammy
24th-October-2003, 05:04 PM
This whole thread has got me thinking about my phobia in a whole new way and the monkey side of it (as most people seem to think it is somewhat odd).

After some research on ebay I have actually found a picture of the creature that started the whole monkey phobia off; although I cannot remember exactly how, but I'm sure my dear family member (pictured) could elaborate on what she used to do to me with Jacko the creature from hell:reallymad as an innocent, vulnerable child!

He's horrible isn't he? Is it just me but he is a freaky looking toy isn't he??? I hate him I hate him. :blush:

I'm going to e-mail Amanda now and demand answers!!!:tears:

I'm scarred for life :sick:

PS The hardest part of all this is guessing who is Amanda, who is Pammy and who is Jacko! :rofl:

Forte
24th-October-2003, 07:54 PM
That is one scary face...(the monkey! The monkey!)

stewart38
3rd-November-2003, 04:50 PM
Commitment was my biggest 'phobia' :confused:

Graham
3rd-November-2003, 06:25 PM
He's horrible isn't he? Is it just me but he is a freaky looking toy isn't he??? I hate him I hate him. :blush:

I'm going to e-mail Amanda now and demand answers!!!:tears:
It is just you.
What was Amanda's response?

PS. Jacko looks suspiciously like a chimpanzee, rather than a monkey. :wink:

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 10:08 AM
It is just you.
What was Amanda's response?

PS. Jacko looks suspiciously like a chimpanzee, rather than a monkey. :wink:

Response: Very funny Spooch! Looking on the bright side, one hardly ever sees monkeys but spiders are everywhere (believe me!)

Don't see what's funny though :tears:

I think he is indeed a Chimp!

You seen the surf advert?

Px

Boomer
4th-November-2003, 10:20 AM
Response: Very funny Spooch! Looking on the bright side, one hardly ever sees monkeys but spiders are everywhere (believe me!)
Px

Be that as it may, but most spiderphobes (its too early) are only scared of the real thing...you madam are even scared of monkey toys....which can be everywhere ....if you’re not careful :devil: Plus, you never know where the real thing is....

Pammy
4th-November-2003, 10:22 AM
Be that as it may, but most spiderphobes (its too early) are only scared of the real thing...you madam are even scared of monkey toys....which [i]can be everywhere[i] ....if you’re not careful :devil: Plus, you never know where the real thing is....

Hey, MonkeyBoy, was I talking t'you?

Get back to your sprouts; at the double!

Maggot! :wink:

Px