PDA

View Full Version : 24 men round, please!

Tazmanian Devil
27th-September-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Women out numbering men by 30% is about ideal

About 8yrs at Guildford women out numbered men 2 to 1 you don't see that now

Space to dance

Music Well you must be going to the wrong venues then as women out number the men in at least 2 of the venues I go to. :rolleyes:

What makes a good Night out

Dj
Tunes
Fit Men lots of:drool:
Good Floor
Fun Interesting lesson:cheers:

stewart38
29th-September-2003, 10:27 AM
Taz

Where are the venues where women out number men 2 to 1, so I can do some research. :cool:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-September-2003, 10:45 AM
ive been to the Jive Bar in London on several occasions where the men outnumbered the women - one night it was 15 men round :)....and we still relied on the women to do the counting :D

stewart38
29th-September-2003, 10:53 AM
I almost feel like starting a thread 'why women can't count'

Never known a problem with men counting (when there are extra men) never know a women to be able to count beyond 5 and talk at the same time :wink:

The biggest surplus of women I ever saw was at Windsor when they had a 'free night'

Usually have more men when football is on as all them men turn up thinking there won't be many men there !

Tazmanian Devil
29th-September-2003, 09:03 PM
Try Charlton on a Wednesday, Welling Monday doesn't do to bad for ladys and Bromley Thursday They are always moving at least 20 ladys round. I do hope you find this information useful :cheers: :wink:

Emma
29th-September-2003, 09:18 PM
Never known a problem with men counting
women out numbered men 2 to 1 you don't see thatWoo...are you sure you're living on the same planet as the rest of us? :wink:

Just a thought but...how do *you* peg your clothes? :grin: :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-September-2003, 09:20 PM
I almost feel like starting a thread 'why women can't count'

Never known a problem with men counting (when there are extra men) never know a women to be able to count beyond 5 and talk at the same time :wink:
:rofl: Is that suposed to be funny, the men never get it right when counting the women round that is when they bother to count. :devil:

Lounge Lizard
30th-September-2003, 07:18 AM
I agree, I teach at many different venues and the ladies are much better at rotating than men - and it is not because they are used to it, the beginners get it right no probs.
Oh and guys, the ladies (usually) dont moan if they have to rotate, unlike most men:what: ....me included :sorry

stewart38
30th-September-2003, 11:51 AM
No way are women better counting then men

Not a sexist comment just a observation :confused:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-September-2003, 12:04 PM
ive observed the exact opposite though :)

you go to venues with a high number of accountants obviously :)

stewart38
30th-September-2003, 12:19 PM
This is just an observation based on 10yrs and 50 venues

Women chat more when they walk around and tend not to count

Men don't chat as much and do count

I think we all agree ?:grin:

Dave Hancock
30th-September-2003, 12:26 PM
I think men are better at counting when the women are rotating, but perhaps we don't do quite so well when it is our shot to rotate.

Dreadful Scathe
30th-September-2003, 12:29 PM
You're generalising! You're all idiots :)

stewart38
30th-September-2003, 12:31 PM
You will be saying next women are better map readers then men ?? or they can park a cars better ??

:confused:

Minnie M
30th-September-2003, 12:34 PM
You will be saying next women are better map readers then men ?? or they can park a cars better ??

Oh dear Stewart - you are treading on thin ice now !

Where do you dance ?????

Chicklet
30th-September-2003, 12:34 PM
or they can park a cars better ??

everywhere but Grove St they can:rofl:

Chicklet
30th-September-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
I think men are better at counting when the women are rotating, but perhaps we don't do quite so well when it is our shot to rotate.
yeah cos that would be multitasking and it's just not gonna happen is it?

Heather
30th-September-2003, 12:38 PM
or they can park a cars better ?? Well, I'm certainly much better at grammar than SOME men.

'a cars' is plural

and the answer is, Yes, I can park a car better than most men and I can read maps!!

As DS says, " you are all idiots" :rofl: there's too many generalisations being made here.
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

stewart38
30th-September-2003, 01:00 PM
Spotted typo after it went (I'm crap at parking a car) and getting back to the thread having adequate parking is useful.

Agree were all equal and that's not hard for me to say that unlike:

The sixth sheiks sixth sheep is sick, that's hard to repeat :what:

Any ceroc in Las Vegas I there again on Saturday ?

Dave Hancock
30th-September-2003, 01:06 PM
Agree were all equal and that's not hard for me to say that unlike:

Were all equal :confused: :confused:

TheTramp
30th-September-2003, 01:07 PM
Were some more equal than others??

Steve

Graham
30th-September-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Heather
I can park a car better than most men and I can read maps!! Conceding for the sake of argument that women (in general of course) are better at multitasking, I think you'll still find that the police will take a dim view of you reading maps while you're parking your car, Heather. :wink:

And another thing, "a cars" is not plural, it's just wrong. "a" is singular and "cars" is plural.

Dreadful Scathe
30th-September-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Graham
And another thing, "a cars" is not plural, it's just wrong. "a" is singular and "cars" is plural.

Taxi for Graham :D

Lounge Lizard
30th-September-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Well, I'm certainly much better at grammar than SOME men.

'a cars' is plural

and the answer is, Yes, I can park a car better than most men and I can read maps!!

you just need to get to grips with the mobile phone then:wink:

Emma
30th-September-2003, 06:08 PM
Perhaps the title of this thread ought to be 'battle of the sexes' !

Anyway, as a generalisation based upon my experience in the South East - men can't count and walk round at the same time. let's not even get *into* whether or not they can work out where to queue! :rofl: :wink:

Umm..perhaps we should give 'em a map? :what:

IMHO Women often don't *need* to read a map, because they have the sense to ask directions from one who knows the way. And I am the parking *queen* I'll have you know. (Though have I told you about how I like to park next to a co-ordinating colour? Oh no..that's another thread..... ;) )

And could the next sweeping generalistation please line up at the back! :grin:

Dave Hancock
30th-September-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Emma
IMHO Women often don't *need* to read a map, because.....
...they normally have the sense to leave it to the man, the majority of which are blessed with this ability.

Fortunately, this allows the woman more time to concentrate on the important things such as matching their pegs or colour co-ordinating their underwear! :wink:

Lounge Lizard
30th-September-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Were some more equal than others??

Steve
But surely you are a beginner at being equal:grin:

Emma
30th-September-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
...they normally have the sense to leave it to the man, the majority of which are blessed with this ability. :cheers: !! This is what we call the fine art of delegation :)

Fortunately, this allows the woman more time to concentrate on the important things such as matching their pegs or colour co-ordinating their underwear! :wink: Hee...only..can we just check *again* who it was that started the whole peg-co-ordination thing? :what: :grin:

Andy McGregor
30th-September-2003, 11:24 PM
Usually have more men when football is on as all them men turn up thinking there won't be many men there !

I'd noticed this pheonomenon too. That's usually when there's an international game and I'd always assumed it was because women that dance are normal and watch the important matches - whereas, using myself as an example, I don't think that men who dance are in general as interested in football as those that don't dance:waycool:

I see us as dancers as more individual, self-expressive, non-team players who are into artistic pursuits rather than sharing a ball out between 21 other guys:devil: And we are great lovers too according to that much quoted survey.

That's not to say I don't like sport. I still go sailing a lot and I used to fence at a high level and did loads of martial arts. But playing football is not for me - and being a spectator is something I'm saving for when I can't be a participant:wink:

Sheepman
1st-October-2003, 04:40 PM
The sixth sheiks sixth sheep is sick,
So why wasn't I told? We're related :eek:

We seem to be treading on dangerous ground on this thread, I do know a lot of men get uncomfortable if you start to talk about a woman's biological function. I can understand that, after all there's not a lot you can say about ironing is there?
:devil:

Greg

Tiggerbabe
1st-October-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
there's not a lot you can say about ironing is there?

Ban Ironing - Stay Wrinkly :D

Graham
1st-October-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Ban Ironing - Stay Wrinkly :D But you're not a wrinkly Sheen! :wink:

Heather
1st-October-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
you just need to get to grips with the mobile phone then:wink: I only just noticed this!!!!!:rofl: :rofl:
Everybody knows that my mobile phone can usually be found switched off and in the glove compartment of my car!!!!(Best place for it!!)
I didn't do too badly sending text messages on Linda's phone though. :wink:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather.
At least nobody can accuse me of getting a phone call whilst in the middle of no-where, on the back of a donkey!!:rofl:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-October-2003, 01:49 AM
But you're not a wrinkly Sheen! :wink:

Why thankyou kind sir - how gallant of you to say so :wink: :hug:

John S
2nd-October-2003, 08:22 AM
But you're not a wrinkly Sheen! :wink:

I think she was referring to me.
:sad: :tears:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2003, 11:41 PM

Not a sexist comment just a observation :confused:
Liar!!:devil: :devil: :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Perhaps the title of this thread ought to be 'battle of the sexes' !

Anyway, as a generalisation based upon my experience in the South East - men can't count and walk round at the same time. let's not even get *into* whether or not they can work out where to queue! :rofl: :wink:

Umm..perhaps we should give 'em a map? :what:

IMHO Women often don't *need* to read a map, because they have the sense to ask directions from one who knows the way. And I am the parking *queen* I'll have you know. (Though have I told you about how I like to park next to a co-ordinating colour? Oh no..that's another thread..... ;) )

And could the next sweeping generalistation please line up at the back! :grin:

I quite agree love. Well done :cheers: :hug: :kiss:

Tazmanian Devil
6th-October-2003, 12:06 AM
Oh my god :( the men are just useless when it comes to walking round. It was 4 men on at charlton tonight and Russell had to get off the stage at one point to physically show the men what to do:confused: I mean is it really that hard to walk up and down 2 rows of lady only moving on 4 at a time? When it came to the intermediates class Rus said "right i'm going to turn my back now 3 men on" and they still didn't all get it right!:really: