PDA

View Full Version : New Night St Andrews 01 Oct

John S
12th-September-2003, 10:49 PM
OK, less than 3 weeks to go and I can't hold back my curiosity any longer!!

I believe there is to be a new Ceroc venue in St Andrews, starting 1 October - but despite scouring the Ceroc Scotland and Dundee/Edinburgh websites I'm none the wiser.

As it would be just down the road from where I live, I'm obviously keen for it to be successful, and I hope there is to be some local publicity (eg an advert / article in the St Andrews Citizen, a flyer on the public noticeboard in the middle of town, some publicity in the university - who knows, maybe Prince William will come along?!). But as well as that the message needs to get out to the reasonable number of existing dancers in this part of Fife.

Or is it all just a figment of my fevered imagination???

Dave Hancock
13th-September-2003, 09:00 AM
I had heard of this too John and like you could find no information relating to it anywhere (had only heard it from one of the wonderful Dundee dancers :D ). As you say there doesn't seem to be much of an effort to push it and while on a thread about new venues can one ask about Stirling??

Tiggerbabe
14th-September-2003, 08:12 PM
No not a figment of your imagination John, it has been mentioned at the Dundee Monday night venue. It opens on the 1st October and is to be held in a church hall - the name of which escapes me but is just behind/beside the Byre Theatre.

I believe that although there is no bar there will be soft drinks for sale or you can bring your own.

The first night is free :wink:

TheTramp
15th-September-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
No not a figment of your imagination John, it has been mentioned at the Dundee Monday night venue. It opens on the 1st October and is to be held in a church hall - the name of which escapes me but is just behind/beside the Byre Theatre.

I believe that although there is no bar there will be soft drinks for sale or you can bring your own.

The first night is free :wink: I think that it's Holy Trinity. But that may just be the product of a failing memory!

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
19th-September-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think that it's Holy Trinity. But that may just be the product of a failing memory!

So is there no dancing at all on Wednesday night in Dundee any more ?

TheTramp
21st-September-2003, 10:35 PM
'Fraid not :(

Steve

John S
28th-September-2003, 12:43 PM
I know this sounds like a stuck record, but if the Wednesday night venue is really starting in St Andrews on 1 October then I would have expected that with 3 days to go there would have been some mention of it on either this website or on the Dundee/Edinburgh website (which still has out of date info about the Perth and Olympia venues).

Is it really happening, and if so where??????????????

Or is it to be like Rosyth - known about by some but not publicised???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dr. Feelgood
29th-September-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by John S
Or is it to be like Rosyth - known about by some but not publicised???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Very delicately put, John S!

Scot
30th-September-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi

Sorry I have not posted this sooner but in order to comply with Ceroc guidelines I am obliged to give notification of new nights opening to other Franchises which is only fair. Until the period of time for notification has elapsed it would not be correct of me to advertise publicly. Unfortunately due to a bit of an admin error this was late in happening.

So now you know it is not a secret.

However Rosyth was but is not now obviously.
The situation with Roysth is that it is a not an official Ceroc night nor would it be financial viable to make it one. I took over the night at their request as their existing dance teacher had decided for personal reasons to close the night. At that time there were about between 20 to 24 people and for those of you that have been you will know that the venue does not support much more than that maybe 35 at a push.
Interestingly there has been absolutely no turnover and the people that attended 2 years ago are still the same people that attend now.

I have been asked many times why I keep Roysth going when potentially I could turn my attentions to getting a bigger night up and running. Truth is I not sure I think I have just got a soft spot for it.

I suspect Ceroc know about this but as yet have never hassled me on it.

So there you are a potted history of Rosyth…..

For those wishing to attend St Andrews it is at

Trinity Hall
Queens Terrace
St Andrews

As always the first night is free so do come along and encourage anyone you know to give it a go.