PDA

View Full Version : Text Formatting Changes?

StokeBloke
30th-November-2007, 01:55 AM
OK - I understand that the number of smilies has now been capped - and there are real bandwidth issues that could be used to justify this. But has something changed so that we can now no longer change the size and colour of the font we wish to use? I am at a loss for the reason for this change. No announcements have been made about any change so we're all in the dark... can anyone shed some light on the whys and wherefores of this decision?

Or is the forum just broken atm? :sad:

bigdjiver
30th-November-2007, 06:20 AM
?
I wanted to just post ? to save bandwidth, but the ******* software would not let me post just one character. :what:

fletch
30th-November-2007, 09:06 AM
OK - I understand that the number of smilies has now been capped - and there are real bandwidth issues that could be used to justify this. But has something changed so that we can now no longer change the size and colour of the font we wish to use? I am at a loss for the reason for this change. No announcements have been made about any change so we're all in the dark... can anyone shed some light on the whys and wherefores of this decision?

I would think this is due to the tread about fonts and a mod getting upset with Wes changing his font and putting his comment in pink, cos it looked like and advert........what tosh!

I will continue to say what I believe, large letters or not smiles or not.

I wasn't allowed to put a full stop at the end on my posts at one point

i'm the boss and your not, its just a control thing........ooo the power.

pathetic

grrrrrrrrrrr! do I need a smiley or can you tell my mood ?

Lynn
30th-November-2007, 09:13 AM
My signature went funny yesterday - it became a series of those formatting brackets of font colour (but no actual text). I don't know if its related or not?

I can't even remember what my signature was (or even if currently had one!), had to delete it anyway as it looked very odd.

I see the colour and size options are back again.

David Bailey
30th-November-2007, 09:19 AM
Well, I haven't made any changes - I think there may have been a technical problem last night with colours or something? Franck?

I would think this is due to the tread about fonts and a mod getting upset with Wes changing his font and putting his comment in pink, cos it looked like and advert........what tosh!
I would think the conspiracy-theorist groups in the forum are alive and well :rolleyes:

And if you think I have that sort of Admin power (or for that matter that sort of interfering tendency), you don't really know me.

grrrrrrrrrrr! do I need a smiley or can you tell my mood ?
Actually, whilst I disagree with your content, I think that was one of your best-written posts.

under par
30th-November-2007, 12:18 PM

62 nights to go.

just checking to see if font sizes work

under par
30th-November-2007, 12:25 PM
only 6 smileys allowed now too:confused::sad::sad::angry::angry::angry:

David Bailey
30th-November-2007, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I was wrong - it wasn't a bug, it was a deliberate administration change. Apologies for the confusion.

StokeBloke
30th-November-2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I was wrong - it wasn't a bug, it was a deliberate administration change. Apologies for the confusion.
Thanks for clearing that up DJ. So back to my initial question - why?

Stokie :hug:

David Bailey
30th-November-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks for clearing that up DJ. So back to my initial question - why?

Stokie :hug:
Well, it's quite simple - I imprisoned Franck, tortured him to give me Admin access, logged on as him and took all your font fun away. Because I'm Evil. And a Rogue. Or possibly a Rouge.

Seriously, it's best for Franck to answer that one.

jeanie
1st-December-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, it's quite simple - I imprisoned Franck, tortured him to give me Admin access, logged on as him and took all your font fun away. Because I'm Evil. And a Rogue. Or possibly a Rouge.

Seriously, it's best for Franck to answer that one.

So it's really your fault there's no workshop* tomorrow:rolleyes:... spoilsport :yum:

*I do know the real reason btw..

Astro
1st-December-2007, 02:49 PM

Or possibly a Roue. :wink:

(Cannot find the little French dash that should go above the 'e' in Roue). :sad:

Minnie M
1st-December-2007, 03:22 PM
As a regular smilie user, I find this new rule a pain in the bum :rolleyes:
It means I have to remove all the smilies from 'quotes' in order that mine can be included, and they are not easy to find when they are 'undressed' :tears:

I am seriously thinking of reporting Franck (when he gets better of course) to the RSPCS
Royal Society for the Provention of Cruelty to Smilies

Ghost
1st-December-2007, 04:58 PM
A possible alternative is to change a few of the current codes to "smile" etc and go "old school" (you'll need to quote this to see what they originally were)

:)
:D
:p
;P
;)
;D
:o

David Franklin
1st-December-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, it's quite simple - I imprisoned Franck, tortured him to give me Admin access...
Looking at another thread:

Just read the news about Franck's surgery (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/434353-post1.html)

Very painful, by all accounts Rob :eek:

... right up there with the most painful things you can think of :eek:
Can I just say I'm officially scared now?

Astro
2nd-December-2007, 02:31 PM
Looking at another thread:

Can I just say I'm officially scared now?

There will be more tinkering from a bored Franck while he's recuperating, I'll bet. :wink: