PDA

View Full Version : New ceroc website

stewart38
22nd-September-2003, 04:52 PM
What do people think of the new www.ceroc.com web site ?

Ceroc is changing !

Emma
22nd-September-2003, 05:10 PM
About blinkin time is what I think of the new ceroc website, the old one was diabolical! :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-September-2003, 05:13 PM
Visually, its about 420 times better :). Theres no argument that the last one was truly awful, is there?

pedantic comments:

They dont have a link for venues off the front page which is confusing at first, but once i found it off 'Links' i was pleased to see they have a clickable map. The lack of map was one of the worst things about the old site. They had links instead, one of the links was 'home counties' i still have no idea what they are :), us travelling folks don't always know the local geography.

They still have Dundee Olympia on Wednesday listed as the only Dundee dance night !?

And Newcastle is listed as 'New Castle' in the drop down list :)

DavidY
22nd-September-2003, 05:47 PM
I agree it's lots better than the old one. The Cerocshops page seems a bit London-centred though - maybe this will expand to cover other areas if they get info from other franchises?

I notice that there's also info on how to apply to become a Ceroc teacher - I don't remember seeing this sort of thing on the old site.

Chris
22nd-September-2003, 05:54 PM
Much smoother - but web authoring moves so rapidly a re-vamp is often quite dramatic.

Strange contact numbers for Scotland :confused: - I think it's Scott Kennedy's old number? - and Jean (who owns Edinburgh/Dundee) is listed as the contact even though Scott manages that franchise and Jean a.f.a.i.k. lives in London.

Given the traffic on this forum a link to it would be quite nice I'd imagine too! But they've probably just got the new site up and running and it takes time to do the tweaking ...

Emma
22nd-September-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
I notice that there's also info on how to apply to become a Ceroc teacher - I don't remember seeing this sort of thing on the old site. Yeah I think there was, it was just so appallingly un-navigable that you needed the persistance of...a very persistant thing... to find it :)

Gus
22nd-September-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Yeah I think there was, it was just so appallingly un-navigable that you needed the persistance of...a very persistant thing... to find it :)

ahhh but have you seen the new addition ... a chance to buy your very own franchise! An opportuntiy for people to make all their dreams come true:wink:

Emma
22nd-September-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Gus
ahhh but have you seen the new addition ... a chance to buy your very own franchise! An opportuntiy for people to make all their dreams come true:wink: Oh, trust me, that was there too! (clearly I am *extremely* persistant!!) but I did have a giggle at the concept of Franchiseeing being *glamorous*

Ermm..well, obviously Mr P is the very image of glamour (despite or perhaps *because* of the white suit..) but being a franchisee...glamorous? :what:

Gus
22nd-September-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Ermm..well, obviously Mr P is the very image of glamour (despite or perhaps *because* of the white suit..) but being a franchisee...glamorous? :what:

Of course it is ... I remeber a while back mentioning to someone I ran a dance club and seeing the look of awe! Methinks they were thinking more of Stringfellows or a major rave venue rather than a weekly slot at a local civic hall:grin:

Emma
23rd-September-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Methinks they were thinking more of Stringfellows or a major rave venue rather than a weekly slot at a local civic hall:grin: Ahh...*perceived* glamour :nice:

*pictures Gus with mullet and perma-tan* :what:

stewart38
23rd-September-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes no link for venues on the front page but you find it after a while.

I wonder if thats deliberate so you have to glance at the other parts first ? :confused:

Alfie
23rd-September-2003, 10:23 PM
Not bad, much of the contact info is wrong and there is a lot missing off the events page.
Some of the clubs listed in the Midlands are now closed. You would have thought for an outfit in the throws of re-creating itself that they would be able to get all the info right first time.

Dreadful Scathe
24th-September-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Alfie
Not bad, much of the contact info is wrong and there is a lot missing off the events page.
Some of the clubs listed in the Midlands are now closed. You would have thought for an outfit in the throws of re-creating itself that they would be able to get all the info right first time.

I think the better design and layout just makes the glaring innacuracies more obvious :). They should get it sorted - and a link to this forum really would be a big point in their benefit methinks. An actual real life dance info resource - for free. Wow.

Boomer
24th-September-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
... a link to this forum really would be a big point in their benefit methinks. An actual real life dance info resource - for free. Wow.

Have to agree with DS on this one. I think it's a pity that the only way I managed to find this forum in the first place was when my 'new home' (the London Forum) was demolished to make way way for executive apartments. Apart from the advice and tips I think the forum imparts a nice sense of community - hell, I've even intrduced myself to the 'Canteen choker'!

Off topic stuff aside, the new site is an improvement, it's smarter to look at and esaier to make sense off...definately a step in the right direction.

P.S. Franck, any chance of a logo to download that can be sellotaped to a tee-shirt, I'm, happy to provide a bit of free advertising....as long as it's wanted of course! Have to pay the rent somehow.:nice:

Graham
24th-September-2003, 01:17 PM
The web designer has read this thread with interest, and asked me to post some comments. Apparently the site is still being worked on, but she's decided against the cliched 'under construction' animated gif. There was SO much more to do that it was decided to have a low-key 'soft' launch rather than wait until the site is perfect (a day that'll never come in her opinion because there is always room for improvement). All comments are welcome and appreciated - she'll continue to monitor this thread occasionally but if you want to send feedback direct please email it to ceroc@debstar.com

Dreadful Scathe
24th-September-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Graham
There was SO much more to do that it was decided to have a low-key 'soft' launch rather than wait until the site is perfect (a day that'll never come in her opinion because there is always room for improvement).

Aha. A quality web designer then, not one of these "my site is perfect" muppets :). (you still get them you know but theyre a dying breed :) )

Jon
24th-September-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Yes no link for venues on the front page but you find it after a while.

I wonder if thats deliberate so you have to glance at the other parts first ? :confused:

um beg to differ here especially as I didn't see it at first as I'm used to the old one being text. But it's the big map of the country on the right on the home page

Dreadful Scathe
25th-September-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Jon
um beg to differ here especially as I didn't see it at first as I'm used to the old one being text. But it's the big map of the country on the right on the home page

pretty sure it wasnt there at first, or perhaps im going mad :)
Improvments already ! :)

Will
25th-September-2003, 01:04 PM
Speaking of the new website, who do people think the 2 dancers are on the front page on the left hand side? I'm almost certain that the guy is James Cronin, but the girl is a little more difficult to identify. It looks quite like Janine but I don't think it is.

Any ideas anyone???

TheTramp
25th-September-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Will
Speaking of the new website, who do people think the 2 dancers are on the front page on the left hand side? I'm almost certain that the guy is James Cronin, but the girl is a little more difficult to identify. It looks quite like Janine but I don't think it is.

Any ideas anyone??? Yeah. It's I'd agree it's Janine. C'mon, who else has such a smile??

Steve

stewart38
25th-September-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm famous for 15 mins !

Yes the 'map' is now on front page so easy to find the events

Gus
25th-September-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Will

Any ideas anyone???

Yup ... Ceroc shot a series fo publicity photos about 2 years ago ... including the much used ones of Viktor and Lydia and the Rob May and Annalise ones. Sadly I had to leave my CD of these photos behind when I left the Franchise fold.

Gus
16th-October-2003, 09:32 PM
Is it just me (again) or is Ceroc.com inoperable? Noticed the new front screens, but everytime I try to access a menu it just throws me out to the front screen. Am I going nuts or is the website now so sophisticated that it knows I'm a non-believer and is preventing me seeing the site within:confused:

Graham
16th-October-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Is it just me (again) or is Ceroc.com inoperable? Noticed the new front screens, but everytime I try to access a menu it just throws me out to the front screen. Am I going nuts or is the website now so sophisticated that it knows I'm a non-believer and is preventing me seeing the site within:confused: It's working for me. What browser are you using?

Jon L
16th-October-2003, 10:26 PM
The new site does look tidier than the old one I have to say. Incidentally one of the chaps in one of the photos who I know as an acquantance commented to me that he didn't mind the photo being used, but wished ceroc had asked before it was published.

I have often said in the London forum before that things are missing from the site that could be on there. A basic hygene and ettiquete guide should have been published. The best one I have seen so far can be found at www.jivehive.co.uk, it also covers being polite and fair to everyone.

Also Mr. Lounge Lizzard's drops and seducers safety guide should be included and made available at every jive venue both ceroc and independant across the country.

Daisy
16th-October-2003, 11:08 PM
Hi Will.....yes you have guessed correctly, it is the lovely Janine.

The new web site is better but like so many others it is still quite visually uninspiring....no loud music and video clips. We want all singing and dancing websites......and if possible can it also make a cup of tea!!
:drool:

Tazmanian Devil
17th-October-2003, 06:46 PM
much better than the last one!:)

I also like the australian ceroc website at www.ceroc.com.au lots on there and they send you frequent news letters if you sign up for it:wink: :kiss: :hug: