PDA

View Full Version : US Open 2007 Results...

Geordieed
26th-November-2007, 10:01 AM
Some of the results for this years' US Open Swing Dance now in...

Classic

Michael Norris & Kellese Key
Ronnie Debenedetta & Brandi Tobias
Jordan Frisbee & Tatiana Mollmann
Kyle Redd & Sarah Vann Drake
Benjamin Morris & Melina Ramirez

Showcase

Parker Dearborn & Jessica Cox
Arjay Centeno & Melissa Rutz
Gary Mcintyre & Susan Kirklin
Kevin St. Laurent & Emily Hoffberg
Nick Williams & Kristin Sorci

Strictly West Coast

Arjay Centeno & Brandi Tobias
Kyle Redd & Tatiana Mollmann
Benjamin Morris & Jessica Cox
Jordan Frisbee & Sara Vann Drake
Terry Roseborough & Deborah Szekely

Caro
26th-November-2007, 10:20 AM
wow, cheers for that Ed!

First time in 4 years that J&T don't win the Classic... I bet they will come up with a hell of a routine for next year.... this should be interesting...

Can't wait to see the vids, or even all those routines live... :drool:

EDIT: in fact winning performances are here (http://www.usopenswingdc.com/2007_division_winners.html) already!

Caro
26th-November-2007, 10:28 AM
And look at my fav Frenchy here... :clap::clap::clap:
he'll be competing with the pros soon this year I think !

Allstar/Advanced Jack & Jill

Xavier Young & Angie Cameron
Alfred Lee & Samantha Buckwalter
Maxence Martin & Jeanne De Geuter
Jason Marker & Torri Smith
John Snyder & Dawne Kiehm

robd
26th-November-2007, 10:56 AM
How much nicer the senior category titles are over there than here - Sophisticated Swing (35+ - is that really old? :blush:) and Masters (50+) rather than Old Gits :rolleyes:

Geordieed
26th-November-2007, 10:58 AM
wow, cheers for that Ed!

First time in 4 years that J&T don't win the Classic... I bet they will come up with a hell of a routine for next year.... this should be interesting...

Can't wait to see the vids, or even all those routines live... :drool:

EDIT: in fact winning performances are here (http://www.usopenswingdc.com/2007_division_winners.html) already!

Yeah I saw the youTube stuff on the site. I hope there will be more dancing put up on youTube in the near future. Looking at Robert and Deborah winning in Sophisticated Swing makes me think that there should be more of the great Swing dancers that some people over in the UK may not be familiar with and don't see enough of on the Swing circuit in the US come out and compete in that division... There is so much range in Swing that can influence and inspire us. Looking at the winners of the Strictly helps to show the diversity of Swing styles out there. This is something that the judging panels in America have been talking about for a while and has increased in volume more recently...

David Franklin
26th-November-2007, 11:00 AM
So, not to stir, but given discussions on StrictlyWestie, does anyone know if J/T got dinged over 'Swing Content'?

Caro
26th-November-2007, 11:10 AM
So, not to stir, but given discussions on StrictlyWestie, does anyone know if J/T got dinged over 'Swing Content'?

don't know, suspect so, I'm trying to find out...

anybody know who was the head judge ?

David Franklin
26th-November-2007, 11:16 AM
Totally OT, but I'd not noticed our avatars next to each other before. Very strange effect: your one normally goes clockwise for me but quickly switched to be "in sync" with Bryony... :rofl:

Geordieed
26th-November-2007, 11:18 AM
The issue over Swing content had been raised at a meeting with many of the top couples earlier in the year and the judging panel had been changed because of it...

robd
26th-November-2007, 01:22 PM
Some of the results for this years' US Open Swing Dance now in...
Strictly West Coast

Arjay Centeno & Brandi Tobias

Just watched the clip of Arjay and Brandi and have to say, in the words of Robert Royston:

Good Job!

Sparkles
26th-November-2007, 02:50 PM
Just watched the clip of Arjay and Brandi and have to say, in the words of Robert Royston:

Good Job!

I'm sure they will be delighted to have your approval... :rolleyes: :hug: