PDA

View Full Version : Come on Boomer - we're all behind you !!!

Wendy
20th-September-2003, 10:19 AM
Since Boomer is giving up cigarettes, I thought we should all encourage him to keep going. It's not easy at times (as we ex-smokers know....)

So keep it up Boomer !!! You can do it !!!!!!! If you can stop for just 24 hours you can stop for good !!! It'll be worth it !!!!!!

Wxxxxxxxxxx

:kiss: :cheers: :hug: :D :grin: :hug: :kiss:

Boomer
20th-September-2003, 10:21 AM
Thank you:hug: Must be btrief, dont know how long good mood will last, wanna smoke!:what:

Wendy
20th-September-2003, 10:34 AM
Go and brush your teeth and think how great you'd be to kiss, and then multiply £5 x number of packets you smoke in a year and then imagine all the great things you could do with the money, and then think how your dancing will get better cos you'll be fitter, and then think of all the non-smoking female dancers who'll be delighted you no longer smell of that awful stuff... and then go and smell an ashtray.....

Some of that might help... and if you are crabby .. don't beat yourself up about it... it's normal... it's OK... it'll pass..... well so I was told... I gave up 11 years ago and I'm still crabby most of the time :rofl:

Oh yes.. tell your non-smoking family and friends that you have given up and phone them for encouragement every time you feel like one.... and organise a party or some great celebration or treat after the first week !!!!!

Any other ideas anyone ?????

Wxxxx

:kiss: :hug: :kiss:

PS Put this in Social Events by mistake - have asked Franck to move it to chit chat.. of course, maybe we could all throw you a non-smoking party once you have stopped for 100 days or something ???? Or you could throw us one with all the money you'll have saved :D :D :D :D

Andy McGregor
29th-September-2003, 07:08 PM
Hi Boomer

I just found this thread - apologies for not saying well done sooner.

How's it going?

Andy

p.s. Don't worry, no matter how nice you smell, I probably won't be kissing you much:kiss:

p.p.s. Well maybe just an airkiss to check you don't smell like an ashtray:D

p.p.p.s. Do they really cost £5 a packet? So let me see, it's killing you, your friends keep their distance and you could go dancing every night for the same money if you smoked 24 a day:confused:

Pammy
30th-September-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I just found this thread - apologies for not saying well done sooner.

I've only just found it too.

I tell you what, next time we're out, Andy and I will both kiss you! :wink:

How's that for encouragement!

Px

Boomer
30th-September-2003, 02:49 PM
Right now I need all the encouragement/abuse I can get...there’s been something of a strategic-withdrawal I’m afraid:sad: . Sorry, guys, will resume the struggle in a week or so.:angry: