PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Aussies!

David Bailey
10th-November-2007, 02:19 PM
I understand that, alas, the CMJ forum in Australia will be shutting down soon. :sad:

However, it's nice to see some new faces (figuratively speaking) from that forum here.

It might be good if you could introduce yourselves on this thread, and maybe give a bit of background information on yourself? That'd help us establish who's who, for those of us unfamiliar with the scene in Australia.

Ghost
10th-November-2007, 02:48 PM
I understand that, alas, the CMJ forum in Australia will be shutting down soon. :sad:

Is CMJ still going to continue?

Gadget
10th-November-2007, 03:16 PM
I havn't been on for an age: why be it shutting down then?

{somehow I doubt the two are related :rofl:}

Martin
11th-November-2007, 05:58 AM

Well yes it is related... many people had not been on for an age...

Martin
11th-November-2007, 06:00 AM
Is CMJ still going to continue?

It is Robert's forum, aligned to CMJ that is closing.

CMJ as a dance company is still going.

timbp
11th-November-2007, 07:11 AM

It is shutting down because too many people have not been their for an age.

so it is related to your (lack of) postings.

mabraham
11th-November-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I'm Mark. I live and dance in Canberra, because I'm finishing up my PhD at the Australian National University. I've been dancing for just on 3 years, and competing for about half that time. We seem to do OK, mostly because pards is hot and a really good follow to boot! :yum: Anyway, it will be nice to get my brain back from the former to be able to do actually do some work on the latter and get better :grin:

timbp
11th-November-2007, 12:09 PM
pards is hot and a really good follow to boot!

He's not just saying that. She really is!

FirstMove
11th-November-2007, 12:36 PM
What are you saying about Aussie dancing DJ? Putting this in the beginners' corner:wink::whistle:

mabraham
11th-November-2007, 04:06 PM
He's not just saying that. She really is!

lol... after the most recent comp, her boyfriend (a good salsa dancer, who came along to watch) needed my help convincing her that she was... arrrgh! I mean, really...

http://www.users.on.net/%7Emabraham/photos/CA%20Competition%202007/.slide_DSC_0238.JPG (http://www.users.on.net/%7Emabraham/photos/CA%20Competition%202007/12.html)

Astro
11th-November-2007, 04:11 PM
lol... after the most recent comp, her boyfriend (a good salsa dancer, who came along to watch) needed my help convincing her that she was... arrrgh! I mean, really...

http://www.users.on.net/%7Emabraham/photos/CA%20Competition%202007/.slide_DSC_0238.JPG (http://www.users.on.net/%7Emabraham/photos/CA%20Competition%202007/12.html)

And the girl in the blue skirt.

Hey I'm not gay, just jealous.

Gav
12th-November-2007, 10:26 AM
However, it's nice to see some new faces (figuratively speaking) from that forum here.

It might be good if you could introduce yourselves on this thread, and maybe give a bit of background information on yourself? That'd help us establish who's who, for those of us unfamiliar with the scene in Australia.

Well I think it's not on :angry:.
Why should we have people not from Scotland on the CerocScotland forum :devil: :D :blush: :whistle:

Taliesin's Muse
12th-November-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi, I'm another transplant from the Australian forum.

I don't say much about dancing at the moment, because illness has left me not dancing since March. I've followed an on-off dancing cycle over 9 years or so (lots of off...)

Happy to put my two cents' in about anything else, though.

(Oh, and mabraham is overly humble: I think he's the hot one :whistle:)

Judy

ducasi
12th-November-2007, 11:33 AM
Welcome antipodean friends!

It'd be real nice if you can all put your location in your profile so we know where you're coming from. ;)

Jonathan
12th-November-2007, 01:29 PM
pards is hot and a really good follow to boot!

I do enjoy having a dance with her when I get chance; only problem is, I tend to go a little green with envy for mabraham!

(did you notice that in the photo, everyone is pointing to her?.... I wonder why? :wink: )

Gadget
12th-November-2007, 01:44 PM
Well yes it is related... many people had not been on for an age...

..so it is related to your (lack of) postings.
:blush: I'm feeling guilty now. :tears:

{... nope - guilt trip over now... where's the dancing?:D}

~*~Saligal~*~
13th-November-2007, 12:59 AM
Hiya - another Aussie here transplanted from the CMJ Aussie forum (*bless its soul*)...
I've been checking out the topics on this forum - both dance and social - and it's a whole new world! there's so much going on (helps to have a good number of active forumites)... and a varied array of topics.
Thanks to those who've welcomed us into the fold... and hopefully those who haven't won't get too peeved. :flower: (apologies in advance if I manage to peeve folks off)

GoldFairy
14th-November-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi there, very very new here, i am not an aussie, but a kiwi, only been dancing Ceroc for 4 months, really love it, once i find my way around in here and work out how to add to my profile i will be able to post. :nice:

cheers
Ann

FreyaW
14th-November-2007, 10:45 AM
And another Australian here... I miss my daily dose of forum-ness!

I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and it was 33C here today, perfect summer weather, IMO.

Jonathan
14th-November-2007, 11:03 AM
And another Australian here.

Ah ha! Welcome to the lair Freya.... did you manage to not spill your champagne on the way over from the other forum?

Taliesin's Muse
14th-November-2007, 11:15 AM
Ah ha! Welcome to the lair Freya.... did you manage to not spill your champagne on the way over from the other forum?

D'you suppose they'll notice if we just steal a corner and carry on drinking?

Of course, in deference to our hosts, I'll have to put away the cocktail shaker and revert to my one true love: single malt whisky.

mabraham
14th-November-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll have to put away the cocktail shaker and revert to my one true love: single malt whisky.

Squeak! :tears:

FreyaW
14th-November-2007, 01:57 PM

There wasn't enough champagne at the going-away party to seriously impede my balance :cheers: And I was too busy scarfing all the cherries :whistle:

FreyaW
14th-November-2007, 02:02 PM
D'you suppose they'll notice if we just steal a corner and carry on drinking?

Of course, in deference to our hosts, I'll have to put away the cocktail shaker and revert to my one true love: single malt whisky.

Not sure if they'd notice... I have a spare bottle of Sable (http://www.kellermeister.com.au) here, ready to be opened, if you'd like some :drool:

Gadget
15th-November-2007, 02:14 PM
All the drinking and nonsense is normally over on the Singleton's Sofa (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/private-lounge/5728-singletons-sofa.html?) or you could try the Playroom (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/private-lounge/9000-playroom.html?) :wink:

{or for those of us slightly longer in the tooth, there is always the Hollow Tree (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/chit-chat/1848-hollow-tree.html?) to huddle in :D (or Upstairs (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/take-upstairs/2879-upstairs-hollow-tree-house.html?) inside it :devil: )}

timbp
21st-November-2007, 11:50 AM
And another Australian here... I miss my daily dose of forum-ness!

I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and it was 33C here today, perfect summer weather, IMO.
I just edited an article about morbidity and mortality in heatwaves in Adelaide. Apparently the Adelaide population is better at surviving heatwaves than the French are. (Of course, any actual direct comparison between a heatwave in Australia and one in Europe is impossible.)

Martin
21st-November-2007, 12:28 PM
(Of course, any actual direct comparison between a heatwave in Australia and one in Europe is impossible.)

:yeah:

Genie
21st-November-2007, 01:51 PM
Hahaha! Welcome to all the Aussies. It'll be nice to get some different flavours to the conversations here :-)

KatieR
21st-November-2007, 10:56 PM
I just edited an article about morbidity and mortality in heatwaves in Adelaide. Apparently the Adelaide population is better at surviving heatwaves than the French are. (Of course, any actual direct comparison between a heatwave in Australia and one in Europe is impossible.)

Morning/evening all, I'm not new, I've been around for ages on both forums. Lots of new faces in here I must say.

True, it is a totally different experience, at least in Adelaide (and I'm assuming most of Australia) we have airconditioned houses, airconditioned cars, airconditioned offices and we just go from one air conditioned place to another so it's not too difficult.

Still, stick me in England in an English winter any day. :o

kiwi_clay
30th-November-2007, 02:38 PM
Well a Kiwi living in Ozzy here,
Jiving about 5 years now,
On and off DJ for 1