PDA

View Full Version : Relearning

brawBloke
8th-November-2007, 01:13 AM
After about three years of regular dancing, I decided to attend a lesson recently.

I struggled with the beginners lesson, and even more with the intermediate, even though I later realised that one of the moves I was being taught was one that I'd been doing at full speed for three years freestyle.

Later I was dancing freestyle with a woman with whom I'd been struggling with earlier. She must have thought I'd been pretending to be a fool during the lesson.

Dreadful Scathe
8th-November-2007, 01:26 AM
possibly goes to show how many bad habits you have from not doing lessons then. When did you stop doing lessons ?

Ghost
8th-November-2007, 02:10 AM
There's also a significant difference between "just doing a move without thinking" and doing a move piece by piece with pauses. Try and walk from one side of the room to the other making sure to conciously direct every move you make :devil: - doesn't mean you can't walk normally :flower:

Martin
8th-November-2007, 08:30 AM
After about three years of regular dancing, I decided to attend a lesson recently.

I struggled with the beginners lesson, and even more with the intermediate, even though I later realised that one of the moves I was being taught was one that I'd been doing at full speed for three years freestyle.

Later I was dancing freestyle with a woman with whom I'd been struggling with earlier. She must have thought I'd been pretending to be a fool during the lesson.

:yeah:

It goes like that sometimes, I struggled with the double pretzle in a class, although I have done it "full speed" for years without giving it much thought.