PDA

View Full Version : Animated Avatar plays too fast in Firefox

Wolverine
3rd-November-2007, 02:30 PM
I just changed my avatar to the amazingly cringe-worthy David Brent dance from The Office. For some reason, it plays really fast when I view it in Firefox. (my browser of choice) It plays at a more sensible speed through IE and Windows in general. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I suppose I could look for a GIF editor and re-create it but I'd rather do something a bit more interesting with my Saturday afternoon!

Beowulf
3rd-November-2007, 07:20 PM
I just changed my avatar to the amazingly cringe-worthy David Brent dance from The Office. For some reason, it plays really fast when I view it in Firefox. (my browser of choice) It plays at a more sensible speed through IE and Windows in general. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I suppose I could look for a GIF editor and re-create it but I'd rather do something a bit more interesting with my Saturday afternoon!

ask and ye shall receive.. each frame was set to 4/100s of a second.

hope this is better (Had to hum "disco inferno" while I saved it.. just to check it was at an ok speed.. if anything perhaps it's slightly too slow now ;) )

ducasi
3rd-November-2007, 09:45 PM
IE and windows must slow it down from its natural speed - it was mega fast on Safari on Mac too.

Wolverine
5th-November-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your help! You're right - it seems a smidge on the slow side but I don't want to grumble. It's certainly easier to see. What program did you use to edit it? I might do a wee fly download of something and then I can tweak it without bugging everyone else.

Glad to see Firefox wasn't the browser that was acting weird. (I love my Firefox, I have to say.)

David Franklin
5th-November-2007, 10:21 PM
IE and windows must slow it down from its natural speed - it was mega fast on Safari on Mac too.If memory serves, IE won't play faster than a certain rate whatever frame interval you actually set in the gif.

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for your help! You're right - it seems a smidge on the slow side but I don't want to grumble. It's certainly easier to see. What program did you use to edit it? I might do a wee fly download of something and then I can tweak it without bugging everyone else.

Glad to see Firefox wasn't the browser that was acting weird. (I love my Firefox, I have to say.)

I opened it up in Corel Photopaint 12 I just set a new value for the frame rate and resaved. I'm sure THE GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) would be able to do the same think (and it's free)

I'll see about speeding it up "just a tad" for you and I'll send it to you by PM ;)

Pete

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 10:31 AM
Glad that last one I sent worked Wolverine.. :clap: