PDA

View Full Version : BB - gorilla needs room mate

Boomer
16th-September-2003, 03:10 PM
Franck, not sure if its in the wrong place, sorry if it is.

Gorilla, quite, unassuming, polite and clean seeks roomey for forthcomming BB in Aberdeen. Lives in London, will be travelling on Fri 21st Nov, leaving hotel Mon 24th. According to Franck, our benevolent leader, Between 2 the room should cost £27.50.

Any offers, please reply or pm or email me...will check to see if I've an email option.

Boomer
9th-October-2003, 11:32 AM
Just bouncing this one, maybe somebody, anybody, is thinking of going north.

LilyB
9th-October-2003, 11:41 AM
May I recommend my hairy friend try Bimini Guest House (www.bimini.co.uk) which is approx. 5 min walk to the Beach Ballroom and which has single rooms for £25-£37, B&B. (5% discount for booking on-line :D )

LilyB

Oid
9th-October-2003, 05:30 PM
Just tried to post and got booted out for some reason, so will try to rewrite what I'd already written.

Worth trying http://www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/?view=Standard
It's the Tourist Board's official website. The Bimini Guest House has a link to that page too. There are three B&Bs on King Street on the same stretch, 10 mins on foot from Union Street and 5 mins on foot from Old Aberdeen/University (depending on which way you walk from the Beach Ballroom they are 10 to 15 mins on foot). The Jays, Lillian Cottage and Campbells are the ones I was referring to. My parents stayed in The Jays and said that it was nice and fresh inside, but the walls in the extension at the back were a bit thin.

There is the Aberdeen City Centre Premier Lodge on West North Street and it's even closer than the B&Bs I mentioned.

www.hotelconnexions.co.uk is good for the more luxurious end of the market if you want that sometime. Used it myself in conjunction with a Times newspaper offer. They've got more hotels in Scotland as they are based in Dunblane. Don't think they've got anything as close as the ones mentioned already on offer just now though, and they base offers on 2 sharing.

Hope you get fixed up OK and have a fun night! Going before I get booted out again.

Oid

Boomer
10th-October-2003, 01:09 PM
Hiya LilyB, thanks for that, a room has (I think?) been booked. Got the flight sorted, all I've got to do now is get my BB ticket. Aberdeen beware, the dopey ape is on his way, one way or the other BWHAHAHAHAHAHA too much coffee.:blush: :nice: :cheers:

P.S. Oid, thanks as well:cheers: Maybe catch you there if your going.