PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop help

Lory
30th-October-2007, 11:31 AM
Can anyone help please :flower:

I've got LOADS of photo's from Blaze, which need to be resized!

I know it can be 'batch' edited. But i've forgotten how :blush:

The trouble is, some are portrait and some landscape.

And at the moment, they're all huge, file size wise and normal size wise.

Is there a quick way?

Lory
30th-October-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh yes, I forgot, I still want to keep the origonal ones in a separate folder.

Dreadful Scathe
30th-October-2007, 12:19 PM
doesnt picasa do this reeeeealy easily :)

Lory
30th-October-2007, 12:30 PM
doesnt picasa do this reeeeealy easily :)

Wow, I reeeeeealy hope so!!!! :clap:

I use picasa all the time but i've never noticed anything that resizes for web :blush:

I'll have a look right now! :nice:

Feelingpink
30th-October-2007, 12:36 PM
If they're all the same proportions, then you can make an action & batch them. Which version of PS do you have (if it's PS2 or beyond, then using Bridge is the easiest way of batching)?

Lory
30th-October-2007, 12:51 PM
doesnt picasa do this reeeeealy easily :)I've got as far as copying them to another file, ready to 'save for web' but I can't see an option for reducing the file size.. unless its for emailing.

I thought about emailing them to myself, which would automatically reduce the size but you need to have one of the following emails options, Gmail, Microsoft outlook, picasa mail and something else that I don't have :rolleyes:

If they're all the same proportions, then you can make an action & batch them. Which version of PS do you have (if it's PS2 or beyond, then using Bridge is the easiest way of batching)?

Thats the trouble, they're not all the same proportions, I've cropped many of them. I've got about 150 (not ALL worthy of posting, I might add) but i can't face doing each one individually.. not today anyway! :sick:

David Franklin
30th-October-2007, 01:00 PM
If you're on Windows, it might be worth trying the resizer in Windows PowerToys download: Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)

(If you just want the resizer, I assume you can install it using the link in the far right on the same page).

It's not the most powerful of tools, but if you just want a quick solution it can be very convenient.

Beowulf
30th-October-2007, 01:05 PM
want to cheat?

do it REALLY easy?

Select files - right click. Sent to - mail recipient , select make all my pictures smaller. (select show more options to pick size) .. then when email opens

File... Save attachments.. pick a new folder..

Job done easy peasy ;)

Feelingpink
30th-October-2007, 01:07 PM
Okay, then how about you download a trial version of iview (http://www.iview-multimedia.com/downloads/) (mac & PC).

Create new file & import your images. Select all, then under the 'Make' menu, use 'Convert image files' and choose which size you would like the images to be (under 'Settings', tick the box for target size). Make sure that the box for 'replace original files' is not ticked. Press the button for 'Convert' and you will get an option for where you want the new, smaller files to be. Have a cup of coffee while it converts then post.

PS Before converting, iview is spectacularly good at renaming files, so you may want to do this first, select all, then - choose something like "Blaze-Oct07-" in the renaming box and '1' in the 'start from' box, so that all of your chosen images will have relevant file names.

Lory
30th-October-2007, 01:09 PM
If you're on Windows, it might be worth trying the resizer in Windows PowerToys download: Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)

Thanks, i'll try that now! :cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
30th-October-2007, 01:26 PM
Wow, I reeeeeealy hope so!!!! :clap:

I use picasa all the time but i've never noticed anything that resizes for web :blush:

I'll have a look right now! :nice:

follow these instructions (http://www.latech.edu/tech/rural/website%20project/web_tutorial/articles/resize_pictures_picasa.html)

Lory
30th-October-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks, i'll try that now! :cheers:

Perfect! :clap:

Now, just to decide 'which' ones to post! :nice: