PDA

View Full Version : What the ......

Auntie Temptme
26th-October-2007, 12:17 PM
In class last night....

I know we would of been told what it was called but by the end of it - I was so confussed...

It starts of Basket like, then guy brings hand up and "combs" - then attempts to turn me around 360 while keeping hold of me then spins me back one and half turns then return...

Otherwise know as trying chop my head off...

I don't think more than 4 people got it! Although my last "try" happened to be with someone that did, and it seemed to work - although I'm not sure if it did or if we had ended up doing something else!

Does any one have any ideas what we were trying to do / and any tips?

Steven666
26th-October-2007, 01:06 PM
In class last night....

I know we would of been told what it was called but by the end of it - I was so confussed...

It starts of Basket like, then guy brings hand up and "combs" - then attempts to turn me around 360 while keeping hold of me then spins me back one and half turns then return...

Otherwise know as trying chop my head off...

I don't think more than 4 people got it! Although my last "try" happened to be with someone that did, and it seemed to work - although I'm not sure if it did or if we had ended up doing something else!

Does any one have any ideas what we were trying to do / and any tips?

When you are being turned 350 degrees is that behind, to the side or infront of the lead? And does the let go with his right hand?

Auntie Temptme
26th-October-2007, 01:26 PM
I was nudged slightly in front of the lead and then sort of twisted until my head was almost chopped off.

Auntie Temptme
26th-October-2007, 01:50 PM
And no - he kept hold - albeit I think it was menat to be loosely!

Steven666
26th-October-2007, 02:06 PM
And no - he kept hold - albeit I think it was menat to be loosely!

Yes I know the move (I think).

It's the one where he brings his left hand to you left shoulder then pushes his thub down on it. This make you duck when your turning clockwise. Your right hand end up latched on your left shoulder when you then facing. Then he turns you out.

As for help, I'm not sure. I have only tries to lead that a couple of times and each time, the results depended on the follower (pushes the blame - soz).

Basically duck your head under the leads left arm or whack your head? I simple choice. After that it is practice.

Auntie Temptme
30th-October-2007, 10:32 AM
Thank you!
I'll see what happens tonight - not that I expect the same move will be shown - or for that matter it will come up in freestyle!

Gadget
30th-October-2007, 02:51 PM
Does any one have any ideas what we were trying to do / and any tips?No idea (actually a few, but don't have time :()

Tips:
- Leads need to raise their elbows higher than their wrists if the follower is to turn under.
- Followers need to try and turn/spin on the spot.
- Leads need not to force the follower's round and push/pull them off balance.
- Leads need to move themselves into position rather than trying to move the followers when they are 'straight-jacketed'

Auntie Temptme
2nd-November-2007, 02:05 PM
Well thankfully it looks as if that one has died quietly!

And as for that double Pretzel! Thank God I'm not a leader!

Steven666
2nd-November-2007, 02:31 PM

Nah, that's easy. It' just get sabotarged when the follower turns too early on their own accord rather than waiting to be lead.

Connie
2nd-November-2007, 03:07 PM

Yeah that got a bit messed up, the only leads I danced with that could lead it so I could follow in the freestyle, was Ceasar, Elvis and Smelly Two shoes.