PDA

View Full Version : Forum very slow?

Keefy
24th-October-2007, 01:27 PM
This past week or so I've found the forum very slow, I frequently get incomplete pages with images missing. I did a pathping and I think that the switch immediately upstream of the server is the culprit, it seems to drop in and out with occasional 100% packet loss. Anybody else seeing this?

straycat
24th-October-2007, 01:53 PM
This past week or so I've found the forum very slow, I frequently get incomplete pages with images missing. I did a pathping and I think that the switch immediately upstream of the server is the culprit, it seems to drop in and out with occasional 100% packet loss. Anybody else seeing this?
All A-OK for me...

ducasi
24th-October-2007, 02:04 PM
I've seen things like that before, but not had any problems today...

Dreadful Scathe
24th-October-2007, 02:12 PM
incomplete pages...I'd see it as a good thing :)

straycat
24th-October-2007, 02:17 PM
incomplete pages...I'd see it as a goo
I'm not with you :confused:

Keefy
24th-October-2007, 03:25 PM
I've seen things like that before, but not had any problems today...
Just run it again, seeing the same thing - enclosed.From the tracert there would seem to be a problem after hop 19, the pathping seems to confirm that. It looks to me (although I'm not a comms expert) as though the hosting company is having some issues with a link overloading between the final switch and the server.I only mentioned it in case you've changed hosting companies or servers recently, I know it's not my curcuits, everything else is running just fine here. If nobody else has noticed it then there's no issue, but if other people have commented then it might be worth flagging it up to your hosting company.HTH

ducasi
24th-October-2007, 04:17 PM
I think we must be taking different routes... Come to think of it, I rarely have problems when I'm at work, but I've had recent slow-downs from home.

David Bailey
24th-October-2007, 04:30 PM
I think we must be taking different routes... Come to think of it, I rarely have problems when I'm at work, but I've had recent slow-downs from home.
:yeah:
Same here.

adersion33
7th-December-2007, 12:30 PM
hello friend !
I am new at this forum ans i want to know that it is possible
that i can change the color of their account yes please tell me about it in step .

jeanie
7th-December-2007, 12:34 PM
I keep getting 'new posts' that I read 2 days ago....

Lost Leader
8th-December-2007, 10:50 AM
Fletch is away, that's why the forum seems slow.

Andy McGregor
8th-December-2007, 02:07 PM
Fletch is away, that's why the forum seems slow.And I've been busy with the day job :innocent:

Keefy
8th-December-2007, 03:07 PM
It's now got very slow... it's taking some people six weeks to reply to a thread :grin: