PDA

View Full Version : The Chip Squad...

Pammy
15th-September-2003, 10:39 AM
Well, dare I say it, a fine turnout this Saturday post Hammersmith. When eating at such establishments, I feel much happier when Dr Iain is around, just incase we come down with anything...

Anyway, instead of doing the traditional walk up and down the road for miles before deciding where to eat, we drove up and down for miles instead, before finally settling at a fried chicken place.

What a great night it was. We sat there and chatted for hours; I didn't get in til 4am, so it was almost like being back at Beach Boogie! Hammersmith was also great and I really enjoyed it (apart from obviously saying goodbye to the Wiz, which could never be a good thing). Even got to talk to Rachel :grin:

We only had the one small fly in the food, and it was still alive, so that's about the cleanest venue so far! Anyway, I think Sheepy put it there!!! :wink:

Steve, you are incredibly funny; especially with the orange juice story! Can't wait for the cinema trip to see the film (the name of which escapes me) although I hear a few famous jivers are in it! Anyone else wanting to come along for the film/post chip run is more than welcome :grin:

Jive Masters Final this coming Saturday, with no doubt, a "squad" event afterwards.

Pxx

Doc Iain
15th-September-2003, 10:48 PM
Film?......now pammy u not telling me things again? :p

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Doc Iain
Film?......now pammy u not telling me things again? :p

Steve is in a film coming out next month. He's going to try and find out where it's previewing/when and we're planning a group outing, which of course we're hoping you'll be coming along to.

I thought you heard him say, maybe you'd gone to bed by that time, we were there a long while:grin: !

Px

Doc Iain
16th-September-2003, 12:57 PM
Ahhh in remember the film being mentioned i think.......

shame I am away next week....will start a thread on here before I go to keep those that want upto date with my little adventure!

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 03:30 PM
I go to keep those that want upto date with my little adventure!

Hmm, what little adventure is this???

Oh and as a Dr. Is it possible to get wind in your shoulder :confused: There is a woman here at work walking around telling everyone that she's got terrible wind in her shoulder and I didn't think that was possible...

Doc Iain
16th-September-2003, 04:54 PM
Am off onto my medical elective. going to LA -NZ-Aus-Vanuatu (5 weeks here doing medicine and diving etc. in the middle of the pacific!) Back to Aus (watching 2 of the rugby world cup quater finals!!) over to singapore and into malaysia then down to sri lanka for the last 2 weeks :D :D :D
but i do have finals next week first though :( :tears: :tears:

Re the wind in shoulder thing... hmmm not a description that I would give to something. She may mean that she shoulder is playing up, is wind her description of pain? Failing that one can get referred pain to the shoulder from some GI problems, so it could eb a strange feeling in ones shoulder associated with gut things...or it could be an excuse!! I suppose I ought to add a rider, that if it is worrying her then she should go to her doctor or phone NHS direct etc. etc. etc.!

So does the wonderful helen post on here too? or is it just yourelf sheepy and I form the chip squad (not sure Barry posts here?)

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 05:08 PM
So does the wonderful helen post on here too? or is it just yourelf sheepy and I form the chip squad (not sure Barry posts here?)

I like the way you spelt sheepy with a small s!!! :wink:

Barry will be joining us soon, he asked for the url earlier today. Helen doesn't post, but I keep her informed of any necessary updates!!!

She is definitely convinced it is trapped wind in her shoulder, from something she ate! :what: :really: :sick:

Px

PS I won't comment on the travel plans as I'm too green with envy; good luck for next weeks stuff though, although I have every faith in you. You have been tested many times whilst in active squad service and you have never failed us yet. Your knowledge of all anticipated ailments that could be contracted from eating where we frequent is invaluable; hurry back from your travels before one of us gets something serious!!! :wink:

Doc Iain
16th-September-2003, 05:14 PM
:rofl:

off to taxi in fulham very soon and i must do some work b4 i go, so whis will be my last for now!...

wind in shoulder very strange, any history of gall bladder problems? either that, or she is just wierd!...lol (don;t tell anyoe i said that!)

Will see you when i get back, don't go getting ill!