PDA

View Full Version : Which way is the lady spinning?

pmjd
23rd-October-2007, 10:53 AM
Interesting one here (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html), is the figure spinning clockwise, anticlockwise or can you see both:whistle:

Meant to reveal if you're a left brain or right brain person. I was a left brain person but with a bit of concentration could think like a right brained person.

Connie
23rd-October-2007, 11:09 AM
Clockwise, so I suppose that makes me a rightbrained person.
Though I can get it to spin both ways. Must be a women be, I can multitask or is that multi spinning?

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw her spinning clockwise immediately, but after concentrating could make her spin anti-clockwise. Took me a moment or two to get her back clockwise...

Not sure about her spinning technique though... It looks weird, but it seems to be quite effective – she's still going strong and hasn't put her other foot down once! :respect:

Lou
23rd-October-2007, 11:39 AM
Though I can get it to spin both ways. Me too. :D It's quite easy to do, if you look at it out the corner of your eye.

thainmaggiet
23rd-October-2007, 11:49 AM
Clockwise, so I suppose that makes me a rightbrained person.
Though I can get it to spin both ways. Must be a women be, I can multitask or is that multi spinning?I can only see it spinning anti-clockwise no matter how much I try!

Freya
23rd-October-2007, 12:21 PM
Clockwise is easier but can get it to spin the other way!

Guess that means I'm nice and balanced! :wink:

Hows it done?

cms
23rd-October-2007, 01:35 PM
clockwise immediately and took me a long time to see her spin anti clockwise! strange i always thought i used more left brain - i guess i was wrong!

C x

Crazy Shark
23rd-October-2007, 03:48 PM
Thats just awseome!! For me the lady went right first then when i started staring at her she started turning left then right again..........so i guess im both?? :what::really:

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 04:03 PM
I can't make her go anti-clockwise!!! How do you guys do it ??? :confused:

I'm a bl00dy safety person and I can't use my left brain which is 'supposed' to make me safe :tears::tears::tears:

Crazy Shark
23rd-October-2007, 04:06 PM

I'm a bl00dy safety person and I can't use my left brain which is 'supposed' to make me safe :tears::tears::tears:

Ok calm down, which ever way she is turning is the side of your brain that you're using. However just stare at her for a few seconds and see of she turns anti-clockwise?!

For me im using both sides........is that normal or am i 'special'? LOL :whistle:

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok calm down, which ever way she is turning is the side of your brain that you're using. However just stare at her for a few seconds and see of she turns anti-clockwise?!

I've been staring at the bl00dy thing for 10 minutes, up, left, right and down, from the sides and all, not only doesn't she turn anit-clockwise any better, now I have a headache too :sick:

Crazy Shark
23rd-October-2007, 04:11 PM
I've been staring at the bl00dy thing for 10 minutes, up, left, right and down, from the sides and all, not only doesn't she turn anit-clockwise any better, now I have a headache too :sick:

Ok ok then you and we all know its only your left side thats working:flower:

Ghost
23rd-October-2007, 04:12 PM

Yikes! :really: I only had her going CW too. Then I tried thinking warm fuzzy thoughts about my ex :awe: and she immediately reversed direction! Very trippy

Beowulf
23rd-October-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm freaky..

I had her going Anti-CW/ CW / Anti-CW / CW again / Anti-CW .. it was as if she couldn't make her mind up !! a couple of seconds one way then a couple of second the other.. over and over and over !!! :sick:

Does this mean I'm brilliant and use all my mind.. or does it mean I'm a deranged individual who's only in his right mind 50% of the time :wink:

Ghost
23rd-October-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm freaky..

I had her going Anti-CW/ CW / Anti-CW / CW again / Anti-CW .. it was as if she couldn't make her mind up !! a couple of seconds one way then a couple of second the other.. over and over and over !!! :sick:

Does this mean I'm brilliant and use all my mind.. or does it mean I'm a deranged individual who's only in his right mind 50% of the time :wink:

If I sing "Because of You" I can get her to repeatedly do a half turn CW , half turn ACW etc

I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way, to never let it get that far

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh
Every day of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

Because of you
Because of you
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I watched you die
I heard you cry
Every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain
And now I cry
In the middle of the night
For the same damn thing

Because of you
Because of you
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I tried my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of you
Because of you

Crazy Shark
23rd-October-2007, 04:20 PM
Interesting one here (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html), is the figure spinning clockwise, anticlockwise or can you see both:whistle:

Meant to reveal if you're a left brain or right brain person. I was a left brain person but with a bit of concentration could think like a right brained person.

Its just cool!! Are there anymore stuff like this?

Crazy Shark
23rd-October-2007, 04:22 PM
If I sing "Because of You" I can get her to repeatedly do a half turn CW , half turn ACW etc

:rofl:

Good luck!! That is a really good tune :tears::grin: Let us know how it goes

Ghost
23rd-October-2007, 04:30 PM
:rofl:

Good luck!! That is a really good tune :tears::grin: Let us know how it goes

:wink:

I've figured it out :clap:

Scroll the page down so that you can only her foot - concentrate on it just moving back and forth rather than around. Slowly scroll up. Concentrate on the way you want her to go and she'll start doing it around about when her ass comes into view. Just scroll down slightly and back up again a couple of times and it should work.

Andy McGregor
23rd-October-2007, 04:53 PM
I wasn't using the left or right half of my brain at all because the first thing I noticed was that she was naked - I must have been using the 3rd half of my brain :innocent:

When I looked at the spinning direction it changed if I scrolled the screen or even looked away for a second. I think all three halves of my brain are competing for attention :confused:

Freudian Hips
23rd-October-2007, 05:07 PM

I've figured it out :clap:

Scroll the page down so that you can only her foot - concentrate on it just moving back and forth rather than around. Slowly scroll up. Concentrate on the way you want her to go and she'll start doing it around about when her ass comes into view. Just scroll down slightly and back up again a couple of times and it should work.

:yeah:

Or read the bit down the side whilst keeping an awareness of the dancer. You can see her go the other way pretty quickly. The more I looked directly, the more she would only go clockwise.

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 05:14 PM

thanks for putting me out of my misery Ghost :respect:
I can make her turn the other way now. But still difficult to make her change way!

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 05:21 PM
It's funny to read the comments posted (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/comments/0,22023,22556281-661,00.html).

Some people are convinced that it's a trick and she is made to change the direction she is spinning every time the advert below changes. :confused:

Especially funny are the Americans who don't understand what "anti-clockwise" means. :rolleyes:

FirstMove
23rd-October-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm freaky..

I just saw her moving her foot back and forwards across the front for a while, then finally she got her ACW spin going.:confused:

thainmaggiet
23rd-October-2007, 05:31 PM
Now I Se It Turning In Both Directions When I Blink! Is It A Trick And Not An Optical Illusion But Actually Changing Direction? It Is Driving Me Mad Now!!!

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 05:33 PM
Anybody fancy a new avatar?

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 05:36 PM
She is actually spinning clockwise – you can tell by the reflection below her. You only see the reflection of her right leg when it is nearer to you, travelling from right to left.

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 05:37 PM
Anybody fancy a new avatar?

yep, have been looking for one for ages! Then everytime I post I get to practice swaping brains, how useful :waycool:

Or I can choose using which brain I use depending on who I reply to :na:

EDIT: oh it's not spinning anymore... that or I'm officially brain dead :what:

or... I've killed the spinning lady :eek:

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 05:47 PM
EDIT: oh it's not spinning anymore... that or I'm officially brain dead :what:

or... I've killed the spinning lady :eek:
That's Adobe ImageReady's fault! I'll have another go...

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 05:50 PM
That's Adobe ImageReady's fault! I'll have another go...
Try this one...

Caro
23rd-October-2007, 05:57 PM
Try this one...

no luck... :sad:

ducasi
23rd-October-2007, 06:03 PM
no luck... :sad:
Just tested it, and it worked for me. Not sure why it's not for you. Maybe some confusion between the first non-working one, and the new one?

Crazy Shark
23rd-October-2007, 11:37 PM
I wasn't using the left or right half of my brain at all because the first thing I noticed was that she was naked - I must have been using the 3rd half of my brain :innocent:

That sounds like a typical male :whistle:

MartinHarper
23rd-October-2007, 11:49 PM
She is actually spinning clockwise – you can tell by the reflection below her.

Ahh, neat. Apparently I'm not left-brained or right-brained. Instead I'm "correct".

Edit: I suspect there's just as clear "evidence" that she's spinning anti-clockwise, that the left brain would pick up, and the point of the test is which evidence you instinctively trust.

Steven666
24th-October-2007, 12:07 AM
Clockwise.

How on earth can she be spinning anti-clockwise? I just can't see that at all.

NZ Monkey
24th-October-2007, 12:26 AM
She appears to be moving clockwise to me - so strongly that it takes a great deal of effort for me to see it in a counter-clockwise rotation.

I'm normally pretty good at being able to flick between perspectives on these things but not this one for some reason.....

Does being left-handed effect anything here?

Caro
24th-October-2007, 12:32 AM
She appears to be moving clockwise to me - so strongly that it takes a great deal of effort for me to see it in a counter-clockwise rotation.

I'm normally pretty good at being able to flick between perspectives on these things but not this one for some reason.....

Does being left-handed effect anything here?

don't think so, I'm right handed and like you I can usually 'switch' optical illusions fairly easily... but that one still needs me to concentrate an awful lot ! (on the foot moving back and forth, then I can make it spin the way I want - and even then sometimes I fail, I can actually get the supporting foot to spin one way while the rest of the body spins the other way :eek:)

Gettin better though ;)

not that it proves anything, btw :na:

ducasi
24th-October-2007, 12:37 AM
Edit: I suspect there's just as clear "evidence" that she's spinning anti-clockwise, that the left brain would pick up, and the point of the test is which evidence you instinctively trust.
Having managed to get her spinning anti-clockwise again, the reflection/shadow evidence works just as well for this direction – in fact, maybe better.

So maybe she really is spinning anti-clockwise.

I think the reason why most of us are seeing her spinning clockwise is that we are looking at her "from below" – i.e. her head is further from our eyes than her feet on the screen. If you deliberately position yourself to be looking down the screen, so her head is nearer, it's easier to see her spin the other way.

All to do with perspective, or something... :confused:

drathzel
24th-October-2007, 12:52 AM
i saw both acw and cw but i have to say it was depending on what i was thinking

Ghost
24th-October-2007, 12:53 AM
So maybe she really is spinning anti-clockwise.
I'm pretty sure it's neither. It's easier to understand with a spinning hoop because of the symmetry. The way you'd normally tell which was the back and which was the front as it spun would be shadows. By blacking her out, there's no-way for your brain to tell. However your brain is remarkably good at filling in the gaps so it makes a decision and sticks with it (until you look away, or think about kissing.....)

I think the reason why most of us are seeing her spinning clockwise is that we are looking at her "from below" – i.e. her head is further from our eyes than her feet on the screen.
Nah, it's because we're used to women spinning cw :whistle:

Beowulf
24th-October-2007, 08:40 AM
<geek mode engaged>

What gets me is... She appears to be rendered using the Basic Poser Render model. I may be mistaken but I think that's Poser 4.0 - Victoria. (I do a lot of 3d computer graphics! Povray, Moray, Bryce, Blender, Terragen, Poser etc)

Now rendering a static figure is easy enough and then rotating it around the Y axis is simplicity itself.. I just can't figure out what the "artists" have done to make her float up and down slightly as she spins.. Sloppy animation if you ask me :wink:

<geek mode disengaged>

Ghost
24th-October-2007, 02:00 PM
<geek mode engaged>

What gets me is... She appears to be rendered using the Basic Poser Render model. I may be mistaken but I think that's Poser 4.0 - Victoria.
You've got some serious explaining to do to Twirly :wink:

Now rendering a static figure is easy enough and then rotating it around the Y axis is simplicity itself.. I just can't figure out what the "artists" have done to make her float up and down slightly as she spins..
I don't know Poser, but Simply 3D Max will let you add a bounce in the y axis easily enough.

Sloppy animation if you ask me :wink:
I'm guessing it doesn't work as well without it. Using the example of a hoop instead, a rotating hoop side on without shadows would most likely be interpretted by your brain as a vertical line that openned out sideways into a circle and then closed again. In order to get your brian to better fill in the gaps, she's rotating, off axis and bouncing (bad dancer!) So for example, you should still be able to "see" her bust even when she's directly facing you and there's nothing to see.

Beowulf
24th-October-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't know Poser, but Simply 3D Max will let you add a bounce in the y axis easily enough.

Oh Don't get me wrong.. I KNOW what they've done..I just can't figure out WHY

it would have been so simple to have a nice smooth rotating figure with no "wobble" and no "bounce" .. I suspect they did the animation manually.. and manually rotated each frame and at some point they've accidentally engineered in the bounce.

You've got some serious explaining to do to Twirly

I don't see why? :whistle: Poser is the best program on the market for rendering human mannequins for my 3D renders. (Although Blender is WAY cool) .> Sure it can (and is) used in some .. erm.. less than salubrious sites. but I like real women.. not digital renders. I'm afraid they do nothing for me. :innocent:

MartinHarper
24th-October-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh Don't get me wrong.. I KNOW what they've done..I just can't figure out WHY.

If you try to replicate the same optical illusion without the bounce you will find out.

ducasi
24th-October-2007, 04:45 PM
Oh Don't get me wrong.. I KNOW what they've done..I just can't figure out WHY
I guess it's effectively replicating ballet turns, where the dancer goes "on pointe" for each turn and rests back on her foot between turns. Presumably, however, their model can't bend her foot.

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 12:23 PM
Presumably, however, their model can't bend her foot.

if it's Poser (which I'm 99.99% sure it is) then yes .. yes it can !!

but rather than individually animating the figure they've left it static with a simple transform rotation around the Y-axis. I must get my copy of Poser out and recreate it.. either sans bounce or with flexing foot.

grr.. (sorry am a perfectionist and it annoys me everytime I see it!)

Caro
6th-November-2007, 01:10 PM

really ? :innocent:

Cruella
6th-November-2007, 01:49 PM

:confused: Me neither! I think you're all lying!:wink:

Caro
6th-November-2007, 01:52 PM
:confused: Me neither! I think you're all lying!:wink:

I can now :devil:

What helped me to do it was to scroll th epic up until I could only see the foot, and focus on it going back and forth rather than spinning. From there, I cna make it spin the other way, and then I just have to focus on that motion when I scroll down to see the full pic.

I can do it more easily now, not having to scroll and cut parts of the image anymore, but I still can't do it at will with no effort.

Cruella
6th-November-2007, 02:04 PM
Tried all that! As well as the standing up and looking down on it etc. It still only goes clockwise. Maybe the left half of my brain just doesn't exist at all! :rolleyes:
It's like those pattern pictures they used to sell, that you were supposed to be able to see another picture if you stared hard enough at it. I couldn't ever see those either!

Caro
6th-November-2007, 02:06 PM
Maybe my brain just doesn't exist at all!

maybe :innocent:

Twirly
6th-November-2007, 02:39 PM
Only just spotted this…

:yeah:

Till I read:

Or read the bit down the side whilst keeping an awareness of the dancer. You can see her go the other way pretty quickly. The more I looked directly, the more she would only go clockwise.

Thanks! I couldn’t see any direction except clockwise till I tried this (sorry Ghost, your idea didn’t work at all.)

Then not only did I get her going anti-clockwise, I was able to change her direction so quickly that she just jumped up and down, waving her foot in an elegant arc in front of her. Flexible-brained or what! :D

You've got some serious explaining to do to Twirly :wink:

:tears: what did I do? He was a geek before I got my hands on him…

Cruella
6th-November-2007, 02:53 PM
Woohoo I did it!! It wasn't a conspiracy to confuse me after all! :D I too took FH advice. :clap:

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 03:41 PM

really ? :innocent:

Yeah.. REALLY :mad:

He was a geek before I got my hands on him…

That I am !!

and to prove just how geeky I am.. a simple demonstration of why no bounce is better than bounce I'm sorry I don't have Poser at work but I did have 5 mins free and a copy of PovRay to hand (ok so I have to use simple geometric primatives as opposed to a female mannequin)

No Bounce
http://www.thelicious.co.uk/stuff/rotate1.gif

Bounce
http://www.thelicious.co.uk/stuff/rotate2.gif

I still think the bounce is sloppy animation. I'll may just have to re-render Caro's avatar for her.. :rolleyes:

Ghost
6th-November-2007, 05:38 PM
That I am !!
*cough* You'll be wanting to redo it with continuous bouncing then :whistle: :na:

I'll may just have to re-render Caro
:really:
Sorry too tempting to pass up

Twirly
6th-November-2007, 05:40 PM
I'll may just have to re-render Caro's avatar for her.. :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid that Caro should bounce whilst dancing... :devil:

Caro
6th-November-2007, 05:44 PM
Heaven forbid that Caro should bounce whilst dancing... :devil:

Please. I'm a hotshot. By definition I cannot bounce. :cool:

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 05:45 PM
and no one commented on the tongue-in-cheek ceroc 'marble' rolling past in the background either..

Caro
6th-November-2007, 05:46 PM
I still think the bounce is sloppy animation. I'll may just have to re-render Caro's avatar for her.. :rolleyes:

what geekberish are you talking about anyway, my avatar doesn't bounce ? :confused:

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 05:47 PM
what are geekberish are you talking about anyway, my avatar doesn't bounce ? :confused:

The "geekberish" I spout is Your avatar DOES bounce.. watch her foot .. (And she's spinning off axis too..)

Beowulf
6th-November-2007, 05:50 PM
I'll may just have to re-render Caro
Sorry too tempting to pass up

Don't tempt me ;) Dispatches Caro to the nearest rendering plant :wink: :D

When I find my copy of Poser, I'll render the same image sans-bounce !

Twirly
6th-November-2007, 05:50 PM
what geekberish are you talking about anyway, my avatar doesn't bounce ? :confused:

He's right you know. There is a subtle up and down movement akin to a bounce...

Caro
6th-November-2007, 05:56 PM
The "geekberish" I spout is Your avatar DOES bounce.. watch her foot .. (And she's spinning off axis too..)

I don't care, I like her that way :awe:

Don't tempt me ;) Dispatches Caro to the nearest rendering plant :wink: :D

what ? :what:
I'm not to be dispatched anywhere :scared:

(although... could you dispatch me in california? just asking... :whistle:)

When I find my copy of Poser, I'll render the same image sans-bounce !

You really know how to turn a woman on, Beo :what:. Twirly's such a lucky girl :yum:

Caro
6th-November-2007, 05:57 PM
He's right you know. There is a subtle up and down movement akin to a bounce...

isn't that sweet :awe:

careful Twirly, or love will turn you into a geek :D

ducasi
7th-November-2007, 01:08 AM
... a simple demonstration of why no bounce is better than bounce ...
Sorry, but your "bounce" looks like a square wave, where Caro's elegant avatar is following something more akin to an upside-down bell curve.

For reference, here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhB3sZnxsT4) demonstrating (IMHO) why the dancer is bouncing through each turn.

Oh, and here is why (http://www.abt.org/education/dictionary/terms/fouette.html) this wee animation is so appropriate for Caro. ;)

I still think the bounce is sloppy animation.
Sloppy animation is slap-dash, quick-and-dirty stuff. The creators of this animation spent time adding the bounce. Why would they add it if it didn't either add to the effect, or make it more interesting in some way?

Ghost
7th-November-2007, 01:38 AM
Oh, and here is why (http://www.abt.org/education/dictionary/terms/fouette.html) this wee animation is so appropriate for Caro. ;)

"Whipped. There is a great variety of fouettés: petit fouetté, which may be devant, Ã* la seconde or derrière and executed Ã* terre, sur la demi-pointe or sauté"

That's conjuring quite the image of Caro :devil::whistle::yum:

Lory
7th-November-2007, 08:56 AM
I can't make her go anti-clockwise!!!

And I can't make her go clock-wise :confused:

If I was in a court of law, I stake my life on the 'fact' she was turning anti-clockwise..... worrying huh? :what:

Lory
7th-November-2007, 09:11 AM
She is actually spinning clockwise – you can tell by the reflection below her. You only see the reflection of her right leg when it is nearer to you, travelling from right to left.

Ugh :confused:

When her right foot is facing you, its going from 9 O'clock, (8, 7, 6, 5, 4,) to 3 O'clock.. Definitely anti-clockwise, in my eyes!

Cruella
7th-November-2007, 09:17 AM
And I can't make her go clock-wise :confused:

If I was in a court of law, I stake my life on the 'fact' she was turning anti-clockwise..... worrying huh? :what:

I was the same for ages Lory (but saw it as clockwise) then I read the text at the side as FH suggested and she started turning the other way when I wasn't focusing on her. Typical, attention seeking woman :wink:

Beowulf
7th-November-2007, 02:32 PM
ok.. which way is THIS lady spinning (sans bounce) :wink:

http://www.thelicious.co.uk/stuff/spinani.gif

sorry .. didn't have the exact same model.. and the pose is more of a ballet pose. Also I've not bothered with rendering a backdrop, floor or spot light as a plain silhouette was (a) easier and (b) I found the shadow detracted from the optical illusion

pmjd
7th-November-2007, 02:38 PM
Depends which state of mind, or hemisphere I'm in, I can see her spinning both ways if I concentrate on changing direction:na:

Beowulf
7th-November-2007, 02:43 PM
and yes.. i know.. her toe should be directly on the point of spin.. she's standing on a very small turntable ok? and invisible turntable :blush:

Caro
7th-November-2007, 06:44 PM
What have you done to the lady in my avatar!!!! :tears::tears::tears:

Now that she is so giant there is no way I can make her spin clockwise. Funny as with the small one I struggled to make her go anticlokwise.

Are you sure you just haven't messed up Beo and she is really going anticlockwise now :whistle:

ducasi
7th-November-2007, 06:48 PM
Ugh :confused:

When her right foot is facing you, its going from 9 O'clock, (8, 7, 6, 5, 4,) to 3 O'clock.. Definitely anti-clockwise, in my eyes!
I later changed my mind – she is spinning anti-clockwise. No doubt about it. However, most of the time I see her spinning clockwise.

bigdjiver
7th-November-2007, 08:36 PM
ok.. which way is THIS lady spinning (sans bounce) :wink:...I can make her spin either way at will. (I have more MJ talent than I thought.) The lack of bounce was worrying, I thought I was losing it, but, merely by picking up the laptop and shaking it all was as normal.

Beowulf
7th-November-2007, 11:11 PM
What have you done to the lady in my avatar!!!! :tears::tears::tears:

She's not your avatar.. she's a completely new render..

Now that she is so giant there is no way I can make her spin clockwise. Funny as with the small one I struggled to make her go anticlokwise.

I can make her spin either way. in fact when I was rendering her she took it upon her self to change direction between frames !!

Are you sure you just haven't messed up Beo and she is really going anticlockwise now :whistle:

The original was still going one way, I deliberately rendered this one to start as anti clockwise to prove it could work both ways.

I apologise for not making her a bouncy WCS hotshot though. :na:

Caro
7th-November-2007, 11:16 PM
I apologise for not making her a bouncy WCS hotshot though. :na:

*faints*

Beowulf
8th-November-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorry, but your "bounce" looks like a square wave, where Caro's elegant avatar is following something more akin to an upside-down bell curve.

well Since I was using Povray and wasn't going to dedicate a huge amount of time on it I'm glad it looks like a square wave as that is EXACTLY what I used.

Sloppy animation is slap-dash, quick-and-dirty stuff. The creators of this animation spent time adding the bounce. Why would they add it if it didn't either add to the effect, or make it more interesting in some way?

probably not as much as you would have thought. they probably used Puppeteer. You render points (or key frames) in the animation and change the position of the arms , legs, rotation etc Then the animator sets up a custom interface where he/she draws a path around these set points and the software very cleverly interpolates between them. From someone who's used the package it looks like they've used several points each with a particular amount of rotation put on one or more frame they've accidentally nudged her up a smidge. By interpolating between a lower and a higher point Puppeteer would automatically produce a smooth curve.

See here - YouTube - Puppeteer Animation in DAZ Studio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZRYJC9RV8)

Besides if she was deliberately bouncing up and down to produce spin.. her toe would stay on the ground and her ankle would flex up and down.. while what she's doing in the avatar is magically levitating up and down. Her foot doesn't even seem to touch the ground at all.

my claim of sloppy animation still stands.. :na:

Puppeteer is fine for some things but it lacks precision IMHO.. I like my key frames to fire at particular moments in time.. besides I use Poser and not Daz Studio and do my animation the hard way.

robd
8th-November-2007, 10:01 AM
{Beo's Huge Lady}

Whilst she's generally a fine curvaceous figure of a lady, W.T.F is that lump at the top of her right thigh :sick: shouldn't she get that seen to?

Beowulf
8th-November-2007, 10:37 AM
{Beo's Huge Lady}

Whilst she's generally a fine curvaceous figure of a lady, W.T.F is that lump at the top of her right thigh :sick: shouldn't she get that seen to?

Lump ? Lump? it's her bum cheek :) (left thigh BTW .. or is she spinning the other way for you too)

one sec let me check... yup Bum cheek.. (It's the way her leg is sticking out.. the model isn't perfect. Lacks the morphs that allow you to customise things like bums and boobs!

This is the figure with the light on (Have spared her blushes with a little subtle obfuscation! )

http://www.thelicious.co.uk/stuff/colour.jpg

it's generally quite realistic !

Beowulf
8th-November-2007, 12:30 PM
W.T.F is that lump at the top of her right thigh :sick:

Ohh She heard you and she's none too pleased about you criticizing her bottom

http://www.thelicious.co.uk/stuff/rude.jpg

I also scaled down the original spin animation.. it was a bit on the big side.. sorry.

Actually, I think I'll ask a friendly moderator to move the 3D image rendering discussion to a thread in the Geeks Forum. Sorry I've derailed this thread long enough !

Twirly
8th-November-2007, 12:34 PM
Oh boy... Beo might have a lot of time at home, with nothing much to do for the nex few weeks...

Heaven help the forum! :eek:

Crazy Shark
8th-November-2007, 09:00 PM
Good work Beo its funny when she's angry!! :rofl::clap:

Can't believe theres literally a naked lady on the screen........what if the kids see it??? :what: Or a twisted man:confused: (not meaning you Beo) :flower: