PDA

View Full Version : Blaze II Baking Requests

pmjd
19th-October-2007, 11:02 AM
I've already had a few requests about what things to bake for Blaze II:The Return to Butlins!, sorry Haven:blush:.

At the moment I'll be making white/dark chocolate Marble Cheesecake (maybe two due to number of requests), Chocolate Orange Cake, Banana & Walnut Cake, and maybe cappuccino slices (depends how busy my week is next week).

So any more requests, special requests because of allergies/intolerances etc.?

Also is any one else planning to do any baking, and if so what?

Yliander
19th-October-2007, 11:08 AM
something light and refreshing and not chocolate .....

Sparkles
19th-October-2007, 11:56 AM
I usually bake for weekenders, but I don't think I'll manage much that'll be flight-proof :( (although I may give it a try just for the hell of it ;) ).

Banana and walnut cake sounds fab - put me down for a slice of that please :flower:.

Will LemonCake be in attendance?
And I'm sure if Little Monkey is there there'll be more than enough yummy cakes to go around :drool:

Freya
19th-October-2007, 01:12 PM
At the moment I'll be making white/dark chocolate Marble Cheesecake (maybe two due to number of requests), :drool: Yup definately loadsa requests for this!! :drool:

maybe cappuccino slices (depends how busy my week is next week). Oooooooooh Pretty Pretty please make these! :D :grin: :D

jammy
19th-October-2007, 02:25 PM
little monkeys

bannana and choc cake i miss that :drool:

drathzel
19th-October-2007, 03:34 PM
carrot cake!!!!

purplehyacinth
19th-October-2007, 05:17 PM
I hope I'm not treading on Lemoncake's toes by doing this (if I am, then please PM me and I'll change my baking plans)... but I was planning on making a lemon drizzle cake - mainly because I have limited free time next week and I can whip one up quite quickly. Also chocolate tiffin (as it requires minimum cooking).

If I were to have time to make biscuits, would people eat biscuits, even though they're not cake?

Gadget
19th-October-2007, 05:41 PM
Always room for cake of any sort :flower:... and biscuits... and all manner of goodies :drool:

I was going to make some "chocolatystuff", but I fear my baking skills will be out classed :what: May just make some jammy pancakes. {As in "taste like jam in", not "exclusivly for jammy" :wink:}

LemonCake
19th-October-2007, 05:48 PM
I absolutely will be in attendance! Not sure how much I'll be able to bake next week as I have to go to Dundee for a conference.

Will find time for LemonCake(TM), choc brownies and carrot cake. I might have time for more and I aim to please, so are there any other specific requests?

LC :flower:

sassy1
19th-October-2007, 08:09 PM
Hello Lemoncake :flower:

sorry missed the wee gathering at pauls - was busy dancing on holiday !!!!:grin: :grin:

coffee and walnut would by YUMMY for us we ones who are not to keen on chocholate :what:

see you there

Margaret Rose:flower:

Msfab
19th-October-2007, 09:46 PM
I love a good Fruit Cake :yum:(No cherries though) or a nice simple Victoria Sponge (Rasberry jam and cream):drool:

Keefy
20th-October-2007, 09:05 AM
carrot cake!!!!:drool: seconded!

Tiggerbabe
20th-October-2007, 09:06 AM
I'll try and make some tablet, but I'm not promising :wink:

Lory
20th-October-2007, 09:35 AM
My request....

Keep the cakes where I can't see them :cheers: :devil:

Sparkles
20th-October-2007, 10:32 AM
Will find time for LemonCake(TM), choc brownies and carrot cake. I might have time for more and I aim to please, so are there any other specific requests?

If I am allowed one request it would be for your deliciously dark and squidgy ginger bread :drool:... please :flower:

Tiggerbabe
20th-October-2007, 10:43 AM
If I am allowed one request it would be for your deliciously dark and squidgy ginger bread :drool:... please :flower:
is it iced? :drool:

Yliander
20th-October-2007, 05:44 PM
If I am allowed one request it would be for your deliciously dark and squidgy ginger bread :drool:... please :flower::yeah: nearly as addictive as her lemon cake!!!

LemonCake
20th-October-2007, 07:08 PM
I didn't realise the gingerbread had so many followers! It's laughably easy to make so I'm sure I can fit that into the week. I generally don't bother to ice it but can do - would that be preferred?

Little Monkey
20th-October-2007, 07:49 PM
And I'm sure if Little Monkey is there there'll be more than enough yummy cakes to go around :drool:

Well, there are so many forum bakers now, that I wasn't going to bother..... But...

little monkeys

bannana and choc cake i miss that :drool:

Because of this comment I might have to make one cake, anyway!

Well, if you're doing carrot cake, I think I'll only do the banana and chocolate cake, if I'm baking anything..... Although it's not my favourite!

We'll see... I think at this rate we're going to be drowning in cakes.

I feel a Forum Baking competition is called for. :devil:

Tiggerbabe
20th-October-2007, 08:20 PM
I generally don't bother to ice it but can do - would that be preferred?
Yes please :D :drool: Iced gingerbread is gorgeous.

LemonCake
20th-October-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, there are so many forum bakers now, that I wasn't going to bother..... But...

Because of this comment I might have to make one cake, anyway!

Well, if you're doing carrot cake, I think I'll only do the banana and chocolate cake, if I'm baking anything..... Although it's not my favourite!

We'll see... I think at this rate we're going to be drowning in cakes.

I feel a Forum Baking competition is called for. :devil:

Your carrot cake is far superior to mine, I'm happy to pass that one over to you :drool:

Little Monkey
21st-October-2007, 12:41 PM
Your carrot cake is far superior to mine, I'm happy to pass that one over to you :drool:

Nothing wrong with your carrot cake! Besides, it's not 'my' carrot cake. I'm using Beo's recepy (with a couple of changes, that is). But I'll happily bake a carrot cake, and that way you might have time to make the gingerbread that the crowds are demanding! :wink:

Personally I have a soft spot for your exceedingly gooey chocolate brownies...:drool:

LemonCake
21st-October-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes please :D :drool: Iced gingerbread is gorgeous.

I'll ice half and leave half plain, that way everyone's happy!

Nothing wrong with your carrot cake! Besides, it's not 'my' carrot cake. I'm using Beo's recepy (with a couple of changes, that is). But I'll happily bake a carrot cake, and that way you might have time to make the gingerbread that the crowds are demanding! :wink:

Personally I have a soft spot for your exceedingly gooey chocolate brownies...:drool:

Chocolate brownies are a given, as they are also ridiculously easy. In the large tray this time, last time I did a small batch :rolleyes:

So the list so far is: lemon cake, brownies, gingerbread, victoria sponge. How much needs to be dairy free? Also if there are requests for FLOUR FREE get them in now! I can do damp lemon-almond or chocolate. I've already made the lemon cake (it keeps well) and it's not quite dairy free (according to the ingredients there's a tiny bit of dairy in the sunflower spread I use), but the brownies & gingerbread are both fully dairy free. The sponge can be that rather rules out filling it with cream...
:drool:

Little Monkey
21st-October-2007, 05:31 PM
So it looks like I'm now baking carrot cake and banana-chocolate cake, then? Might make the banana-chocolate cake as muffins again, easy to transport and serve.

I did also think of making a very light, creamy, yummy layered sponge cake type thing (Norwegian style), but not too sure. It's a bit too messy to eat by hand, so might give it a miss.

Yliander
21st-October-2007, 06:14 PM
I'll ice half and leave half plain, that way everyone's happy! brilliant!!!!

Sparkles
22nd-October-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm going to leave the baking to the professionals :worthy: :respect: ... and spend my time consuming the delights they produce :drool: rather than baking things myself!

(although I might have to ask you for your ginger bread recipe LC, because it's far too yummy! Pretty please? :flower: )

LemonCake
22nd-October-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok who needs dairy free? (i.e. do I need to make the gingerbread with pretend milk or can I use the real stuff?)

cms
22nd-October-2007, 11:08 AM
fair enough this time sparkles but i was hearing really good things about your baking from aleks and havent experience it yet so at some point it will have to be tried!!!!

as for me i think i may try making something else instead like soup for the chalet!(since im supposed to be watching my weight and will only be able to sample a limited amount of this gorgeous cake!)

C xxx

Beowulf
22nd-October-2007, 11:21 AM
Well I'd planned on baking some things this weekend assuming I get everything else done this week..

My Orange and Ginger cookies spring to mind..

.. Unfortunately I'm not going to Blaze but rest assured if I do make something I'm sure Twirly will enjoy it immensely when she's up Visiting me in Aberdeen ;) :na:

(of course, Now I HAVE to bake.. otherwise Twirly will be very disappointed )

drathzel
22nd-October-2007, 01:23 PM
I'll try and make some tablet, but I'm not promising :wink:

oh yes please!!!!!!!

LemonCake
25th-October-2007, 12:21 PM
Gingerbread's in the oven - the mixture's yummy :drool:

pmjd
25th-October-2007, 12:25 PM
Gingerbread's in the oven - the mixture's yummy :drool:
:respect: more organised than I am, still to go shopping for the ingredients tonight:eek: Will get it all sorted out some how

Little Monkey
25th-October-2007, 03:24 PM
:respect: more organised than I am, still to go shopping for the ingredients tonight:eek: Will get it all sorted out some how

Carrot cake done, banana-chocolate cake in the oven. :D

BTW - when are we leaving tomorrow? I need to ice the cakes, walk my dog, pack.......

pmjd
25th-October-2007, 07:13 PM
Ingredients bought:nice: Have tea then get stuck into the baking, lets see two cheesecakes, chocolate orange cake, banana & walnut loaf, cappuccino squares....and finishing washing, ironing and packing for Blaze

Yeah no problem:sick:

ShinyWeeStar
25th-October-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm going to leave the baking to the professionals :worthy: :respect: ... and spend my time consuming the delights they produce :drool: rather than baking things myself
:yeah: :respect: to all the Blaze bakers! I won't subject anyone to my attempts at baking, but I will have a big tub of Haribo that everyone is welcome to share (that's if you have any room left after all the cake :drool:).

LemonCake
26th-October-2007, 06:31 PM
Brownies baked, apple cake baked, gingerbread iced. Nearly ready to go!