PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of your name of google searches ?

stewart38
1st-October-2007, 04:04 PM
I know if I google stewart38 you get 100 pages of clap trap i written on here

However there is another 'area' totally different name i want to keep hidden, how can i stop it coming up on google searches ?? :sad:

Beowulf
1st-October-2007, 04:12 PM

However there is another 'area' totally different name i want to keep hidden, how can i stop it coming up on google searches ?? :sad:

Simple.... don't post !!

YOU as a website user can't tell Google NOT to spider posts. Only each website owner can put spider proof areas on the site (Like Franck did here with the private lounge area)

sadly if you post using the same name for every site you will eventually be "profiled" by google. And anyone who searches for that one name will be able to get an idea of your habits.

Sorry.

ducasi
1st-October-2007, 05:25 PM

Not exactly sure what you're asking in this question, but there are parts of this forum that are not searched by Google – The Private Lounge being the most obvious.

tsh
1st-October-2007, 05:58 PM
you could pollute the search results with other 'people' who are clearly not you, and are into all sorts of odd activities...

Ghost
2nd-October-2007, 06:33 PM
Use a more generic name

114,000,000 hits on Google for "ghost"

batnurse
5th-October-2007, 08:30 PM
Good grief! Never tried googling my user name before, found posts I'd forgotton about...

Ghost
6th-October-2007, 01:11 PM
Good grief! Never tried googling my user name before, found posts I'd forgotton about...

Ah well at least I understand your name now :blush:

(I grew up with Batman comics and Batfink cartoons :wink: Had you down as a vigilante medic :devil:)

Beowulf
7th-October-2007, 10:11 AM
stuff

Was browsing the forum and the truncated thead title display and poster for the above post seemed to suggest a different, more eerie thread...

How do you get rid of your Ghost

:really:

well I find if you get an old priest and a young priest.. say "the power of Christ compels you" a lot, then fall down a flight of steps usually helps ! :wink:

Ghost
7th-October-2007, 12:34 PM
Was browsing the forum and the truncated thead title display and poster for the above post seemed to suggest a different, more eerie thread...

How do you get rid of your Ghost

:really:

well I find if you get an old priest and a young priest.. say "the power of Christ compels you" a lot, then fall down a flight of steps usually helps ! :wink:

I'm an :innocent: altar server so that's probably not so effective as you might think.....

batnurse
7th-October-2007, 11:36 PM
Ah well at least I understand your name now :blush:

(I grew up with Batman comics and Batfink cartoons :wink: Had you down as a vigilante medic :devil:)

Alas, nothing that exciting, just spend my evenings looking after poorly bats - hence starting ceroc, decided I need to get out more :o