PDA

View Full Version : Pammy's Joke Of The Day

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 10:59 AM
At work I have a bit of a joke going with one of the guys regarding Swiss Tony from the Fast Show.

Today I received an e-mail following a request I sent out yesterday asking who wanted a diary next year. I got this reply...

"Using a diary is like making love to a beautiful woman - you never know until you turn over what treats are in store."

trouble was, he sent it to the ENTIRE company :what: :really: :tears:

So I thought, what the hell, and sent this back, to everyone...
"sending an e-mail to the whole company is NOT like making love to a beautiful woman, you should select her from your address book, Stick her in the TO, and only SEND HER when you know you've got it in right."

I've been getting some strange looks since. Off for a grilling by the boss now. It's always me isn't it!!! :devil:

Hey Ho :sorry

Px

Paul F
10th-September-2003, 11:03 AM
If u find yourself needing work you could always be my 'official' red slipper buffer :what: :grin:

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
If u find yourself needing work you could always be my 'official' red slipper buffer :what: :grin:

I thought I was that already! :tears:

"Toto?, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore :wink:."

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/ATA/22983OZ.jpg

Px

Paul F
10th-September-2003, 11:22 AM
Im forwarding this thread to ur boss......obviously too much time on ur hands......

.......erm, gotta go......very busy

:)

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 11:28 AM
Look at that tail, now that's what I call a subtle lead indicator kind of thingy.

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Im forwarding this thread to ur boss......obviously too much time on ur hands......

Says the man with the red shoes!?!? :wink:

Anyway Boomer, you're right, The Wiz's Tail is just as stiff as Totos! :devil:

Px

Grant
10th-September-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
trouble was, he sent it to the ENTIRE company :what: :really: :tears:

last person in my office who did something like this managed to send out an email to everyone at the company AND a huge number of customers :what:

grant
ps. are you over your grilling yet?

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Grant
ps. are you over your grilling yet? Yes, and I survived, JUST :grin:

Then got myself into another mess. Went out for lunch for my birthday (yes, I know it's two months late, but that's how things work here!)

Somehow got volunteered for singing Abba songs at the local wine bar this evening!?! :tears: :what: :sick:

Perhaps I should get this thread renamed Pammy's THE joke of the day!!

Px

Grant
10th-September-2003, 03:27 PM
Somehow got volunteered for singing Abba songs at the local wine bar this evening!?! :tears: :what: :sick:
if you pass the audition perhaps you could do a few numbers at the aberdeen beach party :D

Perhaps I should get this thread renamed Pammy's THE joke of the day!!
never, although if your avatar keeps swinging and missing at that ball...:wink:

grant

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 03:44 PM
if you pass the audition perhaps you could do a few numbers at the aberdeen beach party :D

never, although if your avatar keeps swinging and missing at that ball...:wink:

grant

I'll have you know that's my shrunken head (according to Andy!)

Px

PS Oh, believe me, you wouldn't want me spoiling the party for everyone with my screaching! :wink:

Grant
11th-September-2003, 08:35 AM
I'll have you know that's my shrunken head (according to Andy!)
sorry, my mistake :sorry
[insincerity mode on] what a lovely shrunken head it is too [insincerity mode off]:innocent:

Oh, believe me, you wouldn't want me spoiling the party for everyone with my screaching! :wink:
you don't frighten us, we regard bagpipes as a musical instrument up here :wink:

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 09:57 AM
you don't frighten us, we regard bagpipes as a musical instrument up here :wink:

Next to me, bagpipes sound like Charlotte Church!

Px

Grant
11th-September-2003, 10:23 AM
Next to me, bagpipes sound like Charlotte Church!

Px
thats ok, as long as you don't make them look like charlotte :wink:

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 11:00 AM
thats ok, as long as you don't make them look like charlotte :wink:

Looking would have been fine with you lads; or so I'd have thought. Isn't it "shouting" like Charlotte; I seem to remember the press saying she's a bit of a moody one!

Px

Grant
11th-September-2003, 11:17 AM
Looking would have been fine with you lads; or so I'd have thought.
hmmmm just been getting images of squeezing young charlotte under my arm :D

grant
ps. as for the press isn't it just like them to be bitchy by accusing someone else of being bitchy :wink:

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 11:30 AM
The press, yeah well misery does love company. Mind you, dated a choir-singer once (a few years ago) and she gave C C about 5/6 before the ‘voice’ became a screech. From what I’ve been hearing, she’s still on schedule. Reminds me of Alled Jones in a way, one second a voice up there in the sky the next, nature takes its course and he’s singing double-low-c.

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 12:04 PM
ps. as for the press isn't it just like them to be bitchy by accusing someone else of being bitchy :wink:

But just as bitchy to point that out?! :wink:

PS Boomer, are you male or female?

Px

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 12:42 PM

PS Boomer, are you male or female?

Px [/B]

:what: The last time I checked, I was dangling so.... I gues that would make me male....some people ask the damndest questions!!!!....:nice:

Grant
11th-September-2003, 01:12 PM
But just as bitchy to point that out?! :wink:
now i'm the one who's been hoist by his own petard :sad:
touche pammy :waycool:

grant

Grant
11th-September-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
:what: The last time I checked,
you had to check :what: :really:
were you having a 'senior' moment? :wink:

grant

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 01:26 PM

were you having a 'senior' moment? :wink:

grant [/B]

I have yet to determine what exactly you mean by 'senior' moment:what: and my uncertainty forces me onto the defencsive!:blush: Grat-Apes are renouned for the appreciation of grooming:blush: and it is a perfectly natural and healthy activity:blush: (oh dear this is getting worse). It is (or should be) widely accepted that a gentleman has an obligation to check his undercarridge on a regular basis, an obligation not just to himself but also to an overburdened health-system....I am going now, inorder to preserve some dignity, and to stop digging an even bigger hole for myself:blush:

Thank you Pammy(tm):yum: (Why does sticking my tongue out show up as yum!!!!)

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 01:30 PM
God am I gald none goes to the canteen

Grant
11th-September-2003, 01:31 PM
God am I gald none goes to the canteen
don't worry, word gets around :D

grant

Grant
11th-September-2003, 01:40 PM
I have yet to determine what exactly you mean by 'senior' moment:what:
where the creeping onset of old age has you walking from the bedroom to the kitchen and then wondering not only why you did it but when and how :D . Note this can occur at almost any age and may strike some sufferers in their thirties (or twenties even) :wink:

It is (or should be) widely accepted that a gentleman has an obligation to check his undercarridge on a regular basis, an obligation not just to himself but also to an overburdened health-system :wink:
that's very noble reducing the workload and waiting lists on the overstretched nhs, but you should not need to check if you are still a male...unless your latest friend used to be mrs bobbit :D

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 01:45 PM
touche pammy :waycool:

As I said earlier, "Bugger,", or indeed "Bugger, Bugger!" :wink:

Px

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 01:50 PM
AHAHA!! You meant 'senior' as in dotage! Now I understand. Will a little flummaxed I have to admit...Pammy's(tm) original question threw me you see. You know 'male/female'. Having refered to an ex as 'she' - I know that doesn't really mean much in isolation - and the fact that my avatar is a 400lb silver-back gorilla...well I was just a bit thrown that's all:rofl:

A gentleman still performs regular checks as part of his civic duty.:grin:

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 01:53 PM
Having refered to an ex as 'she' - I know that doesn't really mean much in isolation - and the fact that my avatar is a 400lb silver-back gorilla...well I was just a bit thrown that's all:rofl:

Like you say, one must check! :wink:

Grant
11th-September-2003, 01:56 PM
Like you say, one must check! :wink:
yes, but boomer had already checked himself :D

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 02:37 PM
yes, but boomer had already checked himself :D

grant

Are you hinting that you'd like him to give you the once over when he's next in town?

:wink:

Grant
11th-September-2003, 02:43 PM
Are you hinting that you'd like him to give you the once over when he's next in town?

:wink:
no, i'm alright thanks :D
being checked by a 400lb male gorrilla isn't on my list of things i want to do before i die :wink:

grant

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 02:47 PM
How about a 400lb female gorilla, fond of champers, but who shall remain nameless because of copy-right restrictions?:yum: (I do wish it didn't go 'yum' for the tongue).

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 02:48 PM
being checked by a 400lb male gorrilla isn't on my list of things i want to do before i die :wink:

Nor mine.

I'm probably going to regret confessing this, but I have a phobia of monkeys!

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Which is why, thanks to a good selection of friends I have a varied colleciton of horrible monkey toys, mugs, coasters, pens; you name it, I've got it! :sick:

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 02:49 PM
I meant the smiley-face going 'yum', not 'it' as in a 400lb female gorilla.

Grant
11th-September-2003, 02:50 PM
Nor mine.

I'm probably going to regret confessing this, but I have a phobia of monkeys! :tears: :tears: :tears:
anyone got a monkey avatar for pammy? :D

grant

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 02:51 PM

I'm probably going to regret confessing this, but I have a phobia of monkeys! :tears: :tears: :tears: [/B]

Erhum, gorillas are Apes, and as such musch higher evolutionary than monkeys, who are small, chitter and have tails.....Had an ex like that once.:cheers: Ah, those were the days, had my own teeth, spam sarnies.

Grant
11th-September-2003, 02:51 PM
I meant the smiley-face going 'yum', not 'it' as in a 400lb female gorilla.
what emotion are you trying to convey? perhaps one of the other smilies is more appropriate

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 02:52 PM
anyone got a monkey avatar for pammy? :D

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

But I'm REALLY scared of them!

I once went on a horse ride that happened to go along the edge of a place called "Monkey World" somewhere down on the south coast I think.

I could hear them in the trees.

It was terrifying!

Px :blush:

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 02:53 PM
Trying to convey a kind of 'cheecky-cockney-chappie-bitofageezer-stealanythingmemate' kind of sauce. Not that I am any of the above...apart from cockney.

Grant
11th-September-2003, 02:53 PM
monkeys, who are small, chitter and have tails.....Had an ex like that once
had a tail? :D
please explain

grant

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 02:59 PM
Grant I dare not explain 'her tail'. I have noticed a trend in Scotland, Pammy(tm) leads all threads astray, and you lead them 'upstairs'. :grin: I have no wish to fall foul of our illustrious leader:innocent: He's already had to edit one of my threads, and I'm sure he's far too busy to want his workload incresed by a (forum)squatter from London.:innocent:

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 02:59 PM
had a tail? :D
please explain

Her name wasn't Bubbles was it? :really: :what:

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 03:01 PM
Her name wasn't Bubbles was it? :really: :what:

No, but she was known to squeak:innocent:

Grant
11th-September-2003, 03:18 PM
Grant I dare not explain 'her tail'. I have noticed a trend in Scotland, Pammy(tm) leads all threads astray, and you lead them 'upstairs'.
this is a fitup guv...
i've never corrupted an innocent thread :innocent:

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 03:37 PM
this is a fitup guv...
i've never corrupted an innocent thread :innocent:

grant

For a man who said "She squeaks", I feel this is a pot & kettle situation.

Grant never corrupts and I never lead astray...

Unless the day ends in a y :wink:

Px

Grant
11th-September-2003, 04:05 PM
Grant never corrupts and I never lead astray...

Unless the day ends in a y :wink:

Px
ummm, thanks for backing me up pammy :sick:

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 04:25 PM
ummm, thanks for backing me up pammy :sick:

Backing you up, or getting you back up; it's not the same thing!! :wink:

Px

Grant
11th-September-2003, 04:32 PM
getting you back up:wink:

Px
i'm so far gone i didn't even know i was down :tears: :tears:

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 04:40 PM
i'm so far gone i didn't even know i was down :tears: :tears:

grant

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That was supposed to be "your" not "you", but hey, I guess being upstairs either works fine! :innocent:

Grant
11th-September-2003, 04:43 PM
I guess being upstairs either works fine! :innocent:
i still think this should be the 'downstairs' area
but who am i to argue with the web meister?:what:

grant

Pammy
11th-September-2003, 04:55 PM
i still think this should be the 'downstairs' area
but who am i to argue with the web meister?:what:

grant

Darn!

For the third time today (and may I add final time)

"Bugger", "Bugger Bugger"!

Bridget Jones

Grant
11th-September-2003, 05:02 PM
Darn!

For the third time today (and may I add final time)

"Bugger", "Bugger Bugger"!

Bridget Jones
sorry these references are going straight over my head,
i'm not in touch enough with my feminine side to have taken any notice of the bridget jones mania :D

grant

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 06:18 PM
For a man who said "She squeaks", I feel this is a pot & kettle situation.

Px

Hmmm, only now amI aware of the vulgar connotation of my response:innocent: I was mearly indulging in brief spot of word-play, Bubble and squeak, and not stooping to the turgid depths of the gutter:D I would continue, however, I'm runnin 'round like a blue-a**ed fly ironing me cloths for tonight and getting panicky 'coz I cant quite remember the Step-accross:tears: ....are the hands supposed to be in this position:tears: !!!! Are we meant to be holding hands in this move at all!!!!:tears: :tears: All this plus I have to do my first ever bit of freestyle tonight:sick: Oh god, its gonna be a blood bath:tears: I apologise for any shattered toe-nials in advance.

Boomer
11th-September-2003, 06:20 PM
Sometimes I read my signature and wonder 'who am I trying to kid':nice: Anyway, when I'm nervous a babble a bit so just ignore me, I'm babbling.

Grant
12th-September-2003, 09:07 AM
just ignore me, I'm babbling.
like a brook dear boy, like a brook :D

grant

Pammy
12th-September-2003, 09:38 AM
Oh god, its gonna be a blood bath:tears: I apologise for any shattered toe-nials in advance.

Boomer, notice your a "lunduna" as the Dreadful Scathe would say :wink:

Will you be frequenting Hammersmith this weekend; if so, you're more than welcome to join the "chip squad" possie afterwards :grin:

Oh, and how many nails was it? :wink:

Px

Boomer
12th-September-2003, 10:11 AM

Oh, and how many nails was it? :wink:

Px

:tears:

Pammy
12th-September-2003, 10:21 AM
:tears:

I think I may have taken one of the Wiz's out in a death defying move last night :tears:

As he said though, "All in the line of duty", or something like that! He's such a Gent!

Px

Boomer
12th-September-2003, 10:38 AM
I think I may have taken one of the Wiz's out in a death defying move last night :tears:

Px

If I’ve understood that correctly, then its nice to know that even dancing-divas and divs make mistakes. I couldn’t even remember the first step, and I don’t mean the eponymous move, I mean ‘semicircle to the left step back offer hand! :sick: Had the move in my head until ‘freestyle’ time (freestyle!?! I couldn’t even give it away) when over the course of 4 dances my confidence drained faster than a horse’s bladder.:tears:
Still, I didn’t shatter any toenails, mine are a bit bruised though...and as for wrestling! I thought the man was supposed to lead and the lady follow? At one point my ‘lead’ was challenged and my subconscious almost took over, causing me to almost perform a ‘deadly-death-ninja half-nelson choke hold’ on my fellow beginner. That would have been embarrassing.
:sorry

Still, I’m back on the ‘bike’ tonight (bike meaning Ceroc Grant).

Grant
12th-September-2003, 10:46 AM
Still, I’m back on the ‘bike’ tonight (bike meaning Ceroc Grant).
i'm sure i don't know what you mean :wink:

grant

Boomer
12th-September-2003, 11:13 AM
i'm sure i don't know what you mean :wink:

grant

Yeeees, I'm sure butter wouldn't melt:D

Pammy(tm), yep, I am indeed a 'Landanah' unfortunatley I work weekend nights, uni is damn expensive these days:sad: Still, if I want to beter my edication I have to dance to the devil's tune. HOWEVER, I do actually have the next few weekends off, starting not his, but next weekend so if the 'Chip squad' is squadding, then sure, would be glad to. If only to see if the 'deep fried insects' and m-way burger bars are true:grin:

Pammy
12th-September-2003, 11:37 AM
but next weekend so if the 'Chip squad' is squadding, then sure, would be glad to. If only to see if the 'deep fried insects' and m-way burger bars are true:grin:

Right, well I can't promise that Chips Squad will be squadding, but we'll sort something out no doubt. I could recommend Jive Masters just as entertainment, which is next Saturday; I'll be there, along with many others to gaze in awe at those lucky competitors to have got as far as they have. Not sure what's on the week after, but no doubt the squad will be in full-force.

Don't worry about fluffing it up. It takes a while to get into the swing of things. I think the Wiz and I got into a few death defying positions last night. At one point I said "But if I continue, you'll break my neck", so he said "Yes, I know, now carry on and stop moaning!" I ended up on the floor about a dozen times if that makes you feel any better. I remember as a beginner I was terrified about falling and looking silly, but now I take looking stupid in my stride; it's par for the course! :cheers:

We decided that if I did fall over, we'd do some sort of sexy strut and try and make it looked planned! :wink:

Oh and as for Grant, he can't afford butter. You'll have to say "margarine wouldn't melt"; you've got to remember, he's cheap :wink:

Px

Grant
12th-September-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh and as for Grant, he can't afford butter. You'll have to say "margarine wouldn't melt"; you've got to remember, he's cheap :wink:

Px
marg is cheaper than butter :what: :really:
why didn't someone tell me earlier :tears: :tears:

grant

Pammy
12th-September-2003, 02:14 PM
marg is cheaper than butter :what: :really:
why didn't someone tell me earlier :tears: :tears:

Cheap, nasty, artificial stuff; give me the real thing anyday. Butters ok too :wink:

Grant
12th-September-2003, 02:40 PM
Cheap, nasty, artificial stuff;
you say that like it's a bad thing :what:

give me the real thing anyday. Butters ok too :wink:
you're just trying to tempt me to corrupt this thread aren't you :innocent:
as one of wendy's t-shirts says
"lead me not into temptation
i can find the way myself" :wink:

grant

Pammy
12th-September-2003, 03:11 PM
as one of wendy's t-shirts says "lead me not into temptation
i can find the way myself" :wink:

I never doubted you my dear, I never doubted you! :grin:

Pammy
15th-September-2003, 05:17 PM
The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was
trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the class group
picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, "'There's Jennifer; she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael. He's a doctor.'
A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher: She's dead."

Grant
16th-September-2003, 02:30 PM
I never doubted you my dear, I never doubted you! :grin:
where did i get this reputation from? :innocent:

grant