PDA

View Full Version : dancing in Bournemouth

Rachel
8th-September-2003, 03:36 PM
I don't suppose anyone knows of any good dancing in (or very near) Bournemouth? Specifically if there's anything on the week of 27 Sept to 2 Oct, when the party conference taking place?

(I may well be car-less once I'm there, so travel too far out of town will be impossible.)

Thanks,
Rachel

spindr
8th-September-2003, 04:53 PM
Normally, I'd suggest Mo'jive -- but it looks like their Bournemouth venue is closed on the 2nd (www.mojive.co.uk) --- although it looks like they have a freestyle at Minstead on Friday 26th (which is in the New Forest, so taxis may be problematic, etc.)

Kieran Loftus used to run classes near Poole -- from www.swingtime.co.uk: Kieran holds swing and jive classes on Mondays at the Royal British Legion Church Road, Ferndown near Wimborne from 8pm to 11pm. Details on 01202 521744. (Might be an idea to ring, as the Tuesday class they list for him has been closed for a while).

Neil.

Rachel
9th-September-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by spindr
Normally, I'd suggest Mo'jive -- but it looks like their Bournemouth venue is closed on the 2nd (www.mojive.co.uk) --- although it looks like they have a freestyle at Minstead on Friday 26th (which is in the New Forest, so taxis may be problematic, etc.)

Kieran Loftus used to run classes near Poole -- from www.swingtime.co.uk: Kieran holds swing and jive classes on Mondays at the Royal British Legion Church Road, Ferndown near Wimborne from 8pm to 11pm. Details on 01202 521744. (Might be an idea to ring, as the Tuesday class they list for him has been closed for a while).

Neil. Thank you for that info - I'll give him a call. Yes, Mo'jive was my first thought, too. I also tried mailing a LeRoc address, but just got a returned mail.

I really just don't want to face a whole week working down there, with no dancing to look forward to in the evenings ...!
R.

andydo
12th-September-2003, 07:41 PM
Yes, but unfortunately the Pavilion is closed as you already know, due to the party conference no doubt.

Apart from the Minstead Freestyle on the Friday and Keirans on the Monday night in Ferndown, there is also:

Tuesday - Kings Arms in Christchurch, also Mojive are starting a Tuesday night in Hamworthy and I think this starts the week you are down.

Wednesday - Mojive at Hamworthy Recreation club, or Jive Riot in Merley (www.jiveriot.com)

I'm a regular Pavilion, I may end up at Hamworthy on the Wednesday to get my fix so perhaps we may have a dance then ?

Stricly speaking, none of the above venues are in Bournemouth, but they're pretty close apart from Minstead.