PDA

View Full Version : What do you believe?

Gus
7th-September-2003, 01:06 PM
I saw a paper headline that made me think, that 1 in 4 people believe Diana was murdered. I've alsow heard that more people in the US believe in UFOs than God ..... got me thinking ... what are the pervading views of members of this Forum.

So .... please vote for ALL the statements below that you AGREE with .... and no deep comments please ... I know that many beg for deep discussion, they may be shades of gray rather than black and white answer, but this is supposed to be, in part at least, just for fun.

John S
7th-September-2003, 08:36 PM
(The French are better in bed than Brits = 1 vote)

I see Franck has voted, anyway.:na:

Gus
7th-September-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by John S
(The French are better in bed than Brits = 1 vote)

I see Franck has voted, anyway.:na:

Well ... the French have got to have something going for them:wink: (JOKE ... before I get flamed!)

Interesting results already, more believers in ET than dieties ....

Nearly as surprising, I would have thought people would have regarded Ceroc as the original and best....

It would be ineteresting, if such things were possible, to compare our little poll of beliefs against the percentages held by muggles. I wonder if there would be significant differences?

Dreadful Scathe
7th-September-2003, 09:48 PM
Video killed the radio star....but you left it out :confused:

:)

Chicklet
8th-September-2003, 09:34 AM
and how could you leave off Elvis Lives???

Dreadful Scathe
8th-September-2003, 10:03 AM
Only 9 people voted that rapists should be castrated ? or is that because it was deemed too mild a sentance ?

Gus:
Ceroc being the original AND best is enough to make people abstain from voting for it possibly. Original jive in the UK you mean ? and best dance night anywhere .....when you've got the beach boogies and such like to compete for 'best', too vague you see :).

Why no deep comments Gus, we can do 'deep' ;)

Paul F
8th-September-2003, 10:18 AM
I believe Ceroc to be by far the best but as few others will have had the chance to experience as many different 'flavours' as we have down in the south (and the organisations i have tried up north) I didnt bother voting.

TheTramp
8th-September-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Only 9 people voted that rapists should be castrated ? or is that because it was deemed too mild a sentance ?Dunno. I didn't vote for that because of all the problems associated with it (as with capital punishment). In that, if you later find out the person who has been punished for the crime is innocent, it's a little late then. Ummm. We're sorry, we now know that you were innocent. Do apologise for the little mistake.

Steve

Chicklet
8th-September-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
I believe Ceroc to be by far the best but as few others will have had the chance to experience as many different 'flavours' as we have down in the south (and the organisations i have tried up north) I didnt bother voting.

IMHO, all the different things I have attended have had different strengths and good points and can have good nights and not so good nights....because it all comes down to the people, get a good crowd, enthusiastic about what they are there to provide, do, see, dance to, enjoy and it doesn't really matter which organisation name is on the flyers. My opinion.:D

Dreadful Scathe
8th-September-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
We're sorry, we now know that you were innocent. Do apologise for the little mistake.

A good point - thats the main reason I would be against any sort of death penalty - too easy to kill the wrong person and say 'oops' later. If anyone reads Private Eye you'll know about the case of the mentally troubled man who, after his parents died within days of each other, set fire to some curtains in a church and waited for the police to turn up. He burnt the curtains and nothing else but is out now on parole after serving 25 years in prison...hmm harsh. Theres miscarriages of justice every day. The irony is that a lot of people put into jail when innocent will fight the system and refuse to admit their guilt (as it would be a lie) even at parole hearings and therefore stay in jail for the maximum possible time, whereas the true crims will say whatever the parole board want to hear to get released so they can reoffend. Its a funny old world :).

Lou
8th-September-2003, 03:55 PM
Where's the none of the above option? :rolleyes:

Pammy
8th-September-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
it all comes down to the people, get a good crowd, enthusiastic about what they are there to provide, do, see, dance to, enjoy and it doesn't really matter which organisation name is on the flyers. My opinion.:D

I think I'd have to go with Chicklet on this one.

The venue itself has to count for quite a large part of the vote on a good night, the rest is the people & the music, doesn't matter about the organisers.

Px

PS Dreadful Scathe, have you recovered from your trip down south?

Gus
8th-September-2003, 09:52 PM
I wonder if it is significant that three times as many people believe in the existence of ET than they do in the existence of a Frenchman that is good in bed?:wink:

Franck
8th-September-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Gus
I wonder if it is significant that three times as many people believe in the existence of ET than they do in the existence of a Frenchman that is good in bed?:wink: Obviously lack of experience! :D
Though it is possible that the 2 votes combine as it is often remarked that the French are 'out of this world' in that domain :wink:

Franck.

Fran
8th-September-2003, 11:24 PM
would just like to add that although i might be biased - Bill pulls of his pink tops very well . and hes very straight:wink:

its just those darn red shoes.......:wink: :wink:

fran

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 12:27 AM
All powerful diety...yep, the taxi dancer every Weds and Thurs, I dont argue, just accept the commandments.

Ceroc is the best and original Modern Jive organisation. Yep...umm the fact its the only one I know has nothing to do with my opinion.

The French are better in bed than Brits. Franck, I assumed this was a 'one person one vote' poll. Voting twice for this nonsense does not count:nice:

No straight man can wear Pink and pull it off. Oh yes I can, and I have a lovely little lavender number that really sets my eyes off.

20 posts here I come!

Doc Iain
10th-September-2003, 12:50 AM
At my school each "house" had a set colour. This was used in their house tie, rugby shirt, sports socks etc. etc. Mine was a nice tastful, if somewhat bright golden yellow, though my mates house (which in our first year had all the hard nuts in) was pink.

The senior pupils carried it off well -they were 4 years above us, huge and in the 1st's- though our year did not do so well. When we left the school our year in that house had been reduced from about 20 to 3 !!!!:eek: :eek: :rofl:

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 12:58 AM
Yes, pink on a straight man does need a certain maturity...and size (stop sniggering at the back!). Shame about the yellow though, even though I can understand! Wasn't 'till I saw the Renaut Megan Coupe in 'Sunflower yerlow' that yellow took on a whole new meaning....hold on, I'm talking about pastels! What next, curtains!... Mind you, IKEA does a lovely varient of net-curtains, ;Kvitten', very fetching....ANYWAY, who's for a game of Murder-Ball!

Oh I haven't wanted to reach 20 this much since I was nuh-nuh-nuh-ninieteen.

TheTramp
10th-September-2003, 12:59 AM
Oh god. Someone give him his personal avatar please. Anything to shut him up :wink: :na: :hug: :rofl:

Steve

TheTramp
10th-September-2003, 01:00 AM
Pot.
Kettle.
Black!

:D

Steve

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
The French are better in bed than Brits. Franck, I assumed this was a 'one person one vote' poll. Voting twice for this nonsense does not count:nice:

Sorry, I voted for the french too. I don't know why as I've never dated a french man, but hey, it just seems like it would be so...

Not that I'd know what an english man was like in bed... :innocent:

Unless you count Trampy awakening violently from the sofa last weekend :wink:; Trampy could you hear what we were saying??? You really should never fall asleep in a room full of women! :devil:

Px

TheTramp
10th-September-2003, 04:23 PM
Ummm....

I respectfully point out that I'm not English. And there's no need to be so insulting in calling me so!

Steve

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I respectfully point out that I'm not English. And there's no need to be so insulting in calling me so!

What with you and Graham letting all the secrets out of the bag, what's a gal' to do?:wink:

Px