PDA

View Full Version : Blocking PM's

Connie
17th-September-2007, 02:26 PM
Is there a way to block receiving PM's from certain people?

David Bailey
17th-September-2007, 02:40 PM
I think that if you put them on your ignore list, this also applies to PMs - but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

To find your ignore / buddy list, have a look at usercp:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/usercp.php

The "buddy / ignore list" thing is one of the options on the left hand side at the bottom.

EDIT: I've moved this thread here as it's more appropriate to the "questions" area.

Connie
17th-September-2007, 03:06 PM
I meant to post the question here, dunno what happened :blush:

Thanks, will try out the ignore list and see if that works

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2007, 03:12 PM
I meant to post the question here, dunno what happened :blush:

Thanks, will try out the ignore list and see if that works
look , I told you "request for underwear" is a perfectly valid charity drive, just say you don't want to contribute and I'll never hassle you again. Theres no need for this escalation.

David Bailey
17th-September-2007, 03:43 PM
look , I told you "request for underwear" is a perfectly valid charity drive, just say you don't want to contribute and I'll never hassle you again. Theres no need for this escalation.
It's scary to think that you'll have an extra power point with just 7 more such posts.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2007, 03:55 PM
wow!!!

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2007, 03:55 PM
really ???

David Bailey
17th-September-2007, 03:56 PM
Oooh, that "merge posts" button looks so tempting now... :devil:

Stuart M
17th-September-2007, 04:09 PM
Actually, I was on the verge of reporting him for bumping the thread...

Dreadful Scathe
17th-September-2007, 04:09 PM
yeah you could merge all my posts into one incoherent mess

....oh

dep
13th-February-2008, 04:10 PM
All my incoming private messages get blocked.
It takes three dialogue boxes and cancels to get rid of the warning.

I can then see them by clicking on messages and selecting from my incoming list.

Is there a way to get my blocker to accept Ceroc PMs?

Lee Bartholomew
13th-February-2008, 04:14 PM
What browser are you using?

dep
13th-February-2008, 04:16 PM
firefox

Lee Bartholomew
13th-February-2008, 04:20 PM
There should be an option to Always allow pop ups from this site. Not got Firefox installed at mo so can't tell you exactly where it is. Have a look in options or it might come up as an option when you get a PM pop up.

dep
13th-February-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks, I'll have a look.

pmjd
13th-February-2008, 05:39 PM
All my incoming private messages get blocked.
It takes three dialogue boxes and cancels to get rid of the warning.

I can then see them by clicking on messages and selecting from my incoming list.

Is there a way to get my blocker to accept Ceroc PMs?

dep is it just the notifications that you have received a new pm that are being blocked? These can be turned off in the options section of your user CP by unticking the "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" box. You will still get an email to say you've got one and they will still appear by clicking on the Private Messages link on the top right, it will just stop the pop up telling you from appearing.

There should be an option to Always allow pop ups from this site. Not got Firefox installed at mo so can't tell you exactly where it is. Have a look in options or it might come up as an option when you get a PM pop up.

Usually Firefox will tell you that a pop up has been blocked and show a yellow bar at the top. To allow pop ups from a site like that click on the bar and "allow all", then reload the page

HTH
Paul