PDA

View Full Version : Lounge Lizard in Glasgow

Tiggerbabe
7th-September-2003, 11:50 AM
Glasgow, the 6th September - what a night! :D
Fabulous music from Peter aka LL with some great variations on tracks we often hear and some awesome stuff that I've never heard before.

Must admit to being a bit concerned when I first walked in as I couldn't see anyone I knew :sad: thanks to Chickie for rescuing me and also for dancing with me to "Miss Jones" when the entire rest of the hall were looking at an empty dance-floor :confused:

Managed to sneak a couple of dances from Peter ( :drool: ) and had a fabby one with Chickie's dad - danced with her mum too in the class :D
Must practise some more as a man though, think I'm getting boring - was leading Elsie, when my mind went a total blank and I did a step across 3 times till I could remember something else :blush:

Enjoyed the pancakes in "Sleepless" afterwards, not to mention the great company :kiss:
See you all at the Aussie weekend *fingers crossed*:hug:

Chicklet
8th-September-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Fabulous music from Peter aka LL with some great variations on tracks we often hear and some awesome stuff that I've never heard before.

Must admit to being a bit concerned when I first walked in as I couldn't see anyone I knew :sad: thanks to Chickie for rescuing me and also for dancing with me to "Miss Jones" when the entire rest of the hall were looking at an empty dance-floor :confused:

Managed to sneak a couple of dances from Peter ( :drool: ) and had a fabby one with Chickie's dad - danced with her mum too in the class :D

Yes great night!!!Thanks to PPLL, and to Billy too, but I doubt he'll be reading. (and to Franck of course for enlightend views in allowing this thread!!)

Whole family enjoyed dancing with you Sheena !!!
Next time will we try a triple trouble?:rofl:

Ma and Pa don't dance much with other people so both were delighted (if a bit scared at first!!!) to see the new (cerocy) faces that they have heard so much about!

Mum got Hancocked towards the end and although she was sure she was terrible she still wants to enquire about his hourly rate!

C
:D

linda
8th-September-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Sheena

Enjoyed the pancakes in "Sleepless" afterwards, not to mention the great company :kiss:

Absolutely Sheena, music from Peter was fab, hope we see more of him up here!!:D :D

I don't think it was the pancakes that brought THAT smile to your face Sheena, :wink: I think it was the foot massage by the Handsome Hancock at the same time as the neck massage by the Lovely Roy!!:devil: :wink:

Linda:kiss: :kiss:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-September-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, hands up everyone who was 'Hancocked' :D

Brady
8th-September-2003, 12:29 PM
Must agree with the others; had a great night on Saturday! Music was superb, just as it was at Beach Boogie. Almost felt like I was back down on the IOW! Unfortunately due to an injury, I didn't get to dance as much as I would have liked or with everybody, but will make up for it next time.

LL, once again well done with the music and sorry I was still hybernating on Sun. morning and didn't see you off. Give us a shout if you need a place to stay again in the future.

Cheers,

Brady

Lounge Lizard
8th-September-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Brady
Must agree with the others; had a great night on Saturday! Music was superb, just as it was at Beach Boogie. Almost felt like I was back down on the IOW! Unfortunately due to an injury, I didn't get to dance as much as I would have liked or with everybody, but will make up for it next time.

LL, once again well done with the music and sorry I was still hybernating on Sun. morning and didn't see you off. Give us a shout if you need a place to stay again in the future.

Cheers,

Brady

Thanks for the comments I had a great weekend,
Brady, I will take you up on that offer, hope you liked the Cd's

Chicklet - you did not come up and say hi or grab me.................for a dance.

And thanks Franck for use of forum.

Looking forward to my next visit to Scotland

Dave Hancock
8th-September-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Brady

I thought you were joking last night when you said we could invite excellent DJ's to stay over in the hope that we may get a wee CD as a pressie - evidently not!!!!:wink:

Dave Hancock
8th-September-2003, 01:29 PM
Just like to add my thanks to Peter for coming up and playing a few different tunes to those that we hear up here on a regular basis, really nice to get a bit of variety and enjoyed pretty much all the music which is unusual for me.

It was also nice to see quite a few Cerocer's there, especially the lovely Dundee ladies as it give the night a bit of a buzz and you all helped cheer me up after not a very good month

Chicklet
8th-September-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Chicklet - you did not come up and say hi or grab me.................for a dance.
Looking forward to my next visit to Scotland

Will have to do it next time!.

Made a couple of attempts to pop up and say a quick hello but was nabbed and was also muggle minding as had a virgin with me and didn't want her to be left alone with the animals too much!!

C:D

PS caught the Buddwieser comment:blush:

Lounge Lizard
8th-September-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Will have to do it next time!.

Made a couple of attempts to pop up and say a quick hello but was nabbed and was also muggle minding as had a virgin with me and didn't want her to be left alone with the animals too much!!

C:D

PS caught the Buddwieser comment:blush:

I was hoping you were there when I said it!!

Nice man Billy - he was bringing me three bottles at a time!!!!

Dont think I have ever taken a virgin to a dance:wink:

Dance Demon
8th-September-2003, 05:15 PM
Sorry i missed this one.......had commited myself to doing a 30th Birthday for some muggles(see DJ booth)...........Shared the decks with peter at the Jive extras bash and he played some loveley stuff then too......One by Dr Robert which I can't seem to find anywhere....any clues Peter:D

Lounge Lizard
8th-September-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Sorry i missed this one.......had commited myself to doing a 30th Birthday for some muggles(see DJ booth)...........Shared the decks with peter at the Jive extras bash and he played some loveley stuff then too......One by Dr Robert which I can't seem to find anywhere....any clues Peter:D

Cd is called flatlands track is staring down the bird - go via Google to Dr. Robert's web site
p

Dance Demon
8th-September-2003, 05:41 PM
Ahhh ok...Dr Robert of the Blow Monkeys fame.....thanks for the info Peter:waycool: