PDA

View Full Version : Finding the serial number of software

Lucy Locket
13th-September-2007, 11:56 AM
How do i find the serial number of software that is already installed on my pc please?

i.e. Ahead Nero, want to download a free update but it asks for the serial number & Nero was already installed on the pc, so i don't have a disk.:flower:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-September-2007, 12:04 PM
Follow the steps below in order to locate it:
1) Click on ´Start --> Run´ and type in ´REGEDIT´.
2) Click on ´OK´, which opens the Registry Editor.
3) Click on the folders ´HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> AHEAD --> NERO BURNING-ROM --> INFO´.
4) You will see your serial number on the right-hand side of the Registry Editor, with following name (related to the respective version you have): Serial4, Serial5 or Serial6
This entry looks as follows:
14xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 4)
15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 5)
1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 6)
Please note the number.

DundeeDancer
13th-September-2007, 12:06 PM
How do i find the serial number of software that is already installed on my pc please?

i.e. Ahead Nero, want to download a free update but it asks for the serial number & Nero was already installed on the pc, so i don't have a disk.:flower:
I would try running Nero and then inside Nero going to the Help menu and there should be an option like "About Nero", that will hopefully give you the serial number/product number in there.:)

Lucy Locket
13th-September-2007, 12:07 PM
I would try running Nero and then inside Nero going to the Help menu and there should be an option like "About Nero", that will hopefully give you the serial number/product number in there.:)

tried that one & there wasn't a number there

Lucy Locket
13th-September-2007, 12:09 PM
Follow the steps below in order to locate it:
1) Click on ´Start --> Run´ and type in ´REGEDIT´.
2) Click on ´OK´, which opens the Registry Editor.
3) Click on the folders ´HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> AHEAD --> NERO BURNING-ROM --> INFO´.
4) You will see your serial number on the right-hand side of the Registry Editor, with following name (related to the respective version you have): Serial4, Serial5 or Serial6
This entry looks as follows:
14xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 4)
15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 5)
1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 6)
Please note the number.

Cool, wicked, found it, thank you so much:hug: