PDA

View Full Version : My boiler thinks I'm sexy...

Caro
12th-September-2007, 12:04 AM
Ok I have a bit of an issue here. I've caught my boiler... whistling. At me. And several times too.

The obvious explanation is, of course, that is a bit jealous that he'll never make water as hot as me. I'm very flattered of course but to be honest I kinda liked him better silent.
Also I suspect he might feel a little lonely too as he sometimes does it in the middle of the night, for no apparent reason. So I go check on him, I've even nicknamed him Georges now so that he feels more cared after. Sometimes I even talk him into being quiet again, it works, and if it doesn't I gently slap him (no worries guys Georges doesn't bruise easily) and that seems to shut him up again (well, or not, sometimes Georges is facetious).

A part from that Georges performs well, and on demand too. I'd be very satisfied if it wasn't for the feeling that my little Georges might be having a bit of crisis and that things may go worse. I wouldn't like it too much if he started shouting or exploding at me for example, or if he decided to sulk badly and stop heating.

I'll call a boiler-mariage councellor, you know those guys with all the adequate tools and skills, if I knew one that I could trust, but I don't and I'm afraid they may abuse of Georges' and my distress to charge us for something not quite real.

So does anybody ever had a similar issue, and do they know how I might try and content Georges again so that he goes back to his much more appreciable silent state ? Without hurting his feeling preferably, I'm sure he would be very affected if I was to tell him that he had to go because I needed to install GeorgesII. :eek:

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks :flower:

Vegetable
12th-September-2007, 01:23 AM
Ok I have a bit of an issue here.

Blash Blah Blah

GeorgesII. :eek:

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks :flower:

I dont realli kno much about boilers as im a tiler by trade, but u may have an air leak in 1 of the pipes maybe a seal has gone? so when it boils it whistles like a ketle, or maybe he has genitcally evolved into a dna based creature and actulli wants 2 get it on with you, Iv never known a boiler 2 be attracted 2 a carrotte tho, but a raddish on the over hand phoar!

Sorry i cant be of much help but feel happy your loved :awe:

xXKyronXx

DavidY
12th-September-2007, 02:22 AM
Ok I have a bit of an issue here. I've caught my boiler... whistling. At me. And several times too. My boiler whistles too.:nice:

But it also whistles when I'm not in the room. :tears:

I think it's just musical (although I'll get worried if it starts dancing around the room).:sick:

ducasi
12th-September-2007, 07:43 AM
What kind of system is it?

Bleed any air out of your radiators, and check, if you have them and you can, the pressure gauge, and the air release valve.

Caro
12th-September-2007, 09:21 AM
My boiler whistles too.:nice:

But it also whistles when I'm not in the room. :tears:

you know, I suspect Georges does that too. So has yours always being whistling ? Does that not wake you up in the middle of the night ?

What kind of system is it?

Bleed any air out of your radiators, and check, if you have them and you can, the pressure gauge, and the air release valve.

well it's a thingy that uses gas to heat my water. :na:

I can probably do something about the radiators, the pressure gauge looks fine, and I'm afraid I'll have to get down on Georges tonight to find out about the air release valve :what:. Will let you know how that goes, cheers Ducasi :flower:

ducasi
12th-September-2007, 10:00 AM
I've done some research on the old interweb thingy, and I now know why your boiler is whistling...

It doesn't know the words!

;)

angelique
12th-September-2007, 10:04 AM
This might sound daft but has it got enough water in it?
We had a new system put in a few years ago , costing a VERY pretty packet but we have to keep an eye on it and "let" water into it via turning a valve as sometimes the demand on it is larger than the supply can allow. The engineer warned us about this and it's not a fault.
Apparently if we let it run dry , it would blow and cause lots of damage.

Just a thought??

ducasi
12th-September-2007, 10:21 AM
This might sound daft but has it got enough water in it?
The pressure gauge would show if this was the case. According to Caro it's OK, but it was one of my first thoughts too.

DundeeDancer
13th-September-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi Caro,
At least your boiler is making sweet whistling noises. My boiler makes other wind noises that aren't so pleasant :what:

I took out a Homecare plan from ScottishGas, it's only about £12 a month and if anything goes wrong with the boiler they fix it free of charge. It's been well worth it for me as my boiler has broke down about 4 times in recent years so I've saved a fortune:)

DD.