PDA

View Full Version : Active user!!

under par
9th-September-2007, 01:01 PM
Question to Franck or the mods:respect::worthy::worthy:

What is the definition of active user as far as this forum is concerned?

I understand what " active" and "user" mean in there literal sense.

There must be a forum definition because the numbers of active users appears to fluctuate.

So when does a non-active user become an active user and vice versa?

Just curious as I see the numbers every time I log on.

Franck
9th-September-2007, 01:13 PM
What is the definition of active user as far as this forum is concernedActive Users refers to Forum members who have logged on / been active on the Forum in the last 3 months. :cheers:

under par
9th-September-2007, 01:23 PM
Active Users refers to Forum members who have logged on / been active on the Forum in the last 3 months. :cheers:

Thanks Franck.:cheers:

Andy McGregor
9th-September-2007, 01:27 PM
There must be a forum definition because the numbers of active users appears to fluctuate.Some of us are hyper-active users :whistle:

Lou
9th-September-2007, 02:10 PM
Active Users refers to Forum members who have logged on / been active on the Forum in the last 3 months. :cheers:
I thought it was the number of members and guests who were currently looking at the forum - which is why it changes throughout the day? :confused:

Tessalicious
9th-September-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought it was the number of members and guests who were currently looking at the forum - which is why it changes throughout the day? :confused:Yes, that's what I understood by Active Users too (currently 56)

Active Users refers to Forum members who have logged on / been active on the Forum in the last 3 months. :cheers: And this is what I understood by Active Members, currently 815. Am I wrong?

Lou
9th-September-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes, that's what I understood by Active Users too (currently 56)
Ah... I just looked back a the front page - we're thinking of "currently active users", but there's another bit that says:

Ceroc Scotland Forum Statistics
Threads: 12,826, Posts: 398,705, Members: 2,605, Active Members: 815
Welcome to our newest member, harkes

Blimey. I hadn't really read that bit properly before. Ach - we live & learn.... :D

(though I blame UP for saying "Active User", not "Active Member") ;)

under par
10th-September-2007, 09:43 AM
(though I blame UP for saying "Active User", not "Active Member") ;)

Yeah It's my fault.......... I get all nervous in Geeks Corner and make mistakes SORRY:blush::blush::blush:

Franck understood me though:respect: He the MAN:D

Lou
10th-September-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah It's my fault.......... I get all nervous in Geeks Corner and make mistakes SORRY:blush::blush::blush:

Awww..... seeing as it's you, I'll forgive you :hug:

But...

DON'T DO IT AGAIN! http://leroc.net/images/wagging.gif

:na::D

Dreadful Scathe
10th-September-2007, 03:23 PM
Personally, I don't think a blanket Active Member is the right term..can we not have grades of Active - like very, average, really, or hyper ? Yet another inefficiency on the forum thats worth pointing it.

Lynn
10th-September-2007, 04:04 PM
Personally, I don't think a blanket Active Member is the right term..can we not have grades of Active - like very, average, really, or hyper ? Yet another inefficiency on the forum thats worth pointing it.I think I'd be a 'hyper active' one - but we'd need a separate category just for DJ!

drathzel
10th-September-2007, 04:12 PM
I think I'd be a 'hyper active' one - but we'd need a separate category just for DJ!

:yeah: i am hyper active without the forum, it just makes me worse!

ducasi
10th-September-2007, 04:38 PM
How many "Hyper like a Freya" users do we have? ;)

Freya
10th-September-2007, 10:04 PM
;)

Just 1

under par
11th-September-2007, 12:06 PM
Awww..... seeing as it's you, I'll forgive you :hug:

But...

DON'T DO IT AGAIN! http://leroc.net/images/wagging.gif

:na::D

Okaayy:blush::blush::hug::flower::flower: