PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen near Inverurie

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2003, 09:56 AM
Inverurie

Don't suppose anyone going to Peterculter lives in Inverurie do they ? Ill be up there next Tuesday most likely, how long does it take to get to Peterculter ? ages ?... too long... ? should i just hire a car and be done with it ? :)

Gadget
4th-September-2003, 12:45 PM
It's about the same distance between Inverurie and Aberdeen as it is between Inverurie and Peterculter. (Peterculter is directly South of Inverurie)...
It would take about 10-15min driving directly, but if you have to use public transport, it would probably be closer to an hour, maybe an hour and a half (you would have to come into Aberdeen and go back out again)

Is there any way you could get yourself to Aberdeen? I'm sure that there will be more than one car going from there (well,me for a start :nice: )

TheTramp
4th-September-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
It's about the same distance between Inverurie and Aberdeen as it is between Inverurie and Peterculter. (Peterculter is directly South of Inverurie)...
It would take about 10-15min driving directly, but if you have to use public transport, it would probably be closer to an hour, maybe an hour and a half (you would have to come into Aberdeen and go back out again)

Is there any way you could get yourself to Aberdeen? I'm sure that there will be more than one car going from there (well,me for a start :nice: ) Oh heck DS.

Why didn't you just ask for a lift?

I'll come pick you up. Now, will anyone take him back afterwards??

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Gadget

so it is.... fact is i dont need to go to hotel first as im coming straight up there on a train (working in Inverurie for 1 day), so i could meet anyone willing to give me a lift from Aberdeen ;) and get a taxi straight to Inverurie after dancing. now....theres an idea :).

Gadget
4th-September-2003, 04:23 PM
If Tramp picks you up from Aberdeen to take you there, I could give you a lift out to inverurie at the end of the night, but I would need to arrange some way to get the people I normally give a lift to back to Aberdeen... {Garthdee actually; it's on the way to the A90, south bound out of Aberdeen... ?}

(It's only a small detour for me to go up and accross rather than head through the city and out the other side)

TheTramp
4th-September-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm sure that we can sort something out Nik :D

Except you'll have to be there early, as I need to set up. What time do you get into Aberdeen?

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Except you'll have to be there early, as I need to set up. What time do you get into Aberdeen?

Ill get in at 18:14 according to Scotrail. Thanks for the offers guys but don't go out of your way ! I'd appreciate a lift to Inverurie afterwards of course but a taxi is fine, honest ! :)

TheTramp
4th-September-2003, 05:22 PM
Actually DS. Just a thought. If you were to get off the train at Dundee, I could pick you up from there (which is about a mile out of the way), and you could ride up to Peterculter with me.

I'm sure I can manage to go a mile out of the way for you!

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
4th-September-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Actually DS. Just a thought. If you were to get off the train at Dundee, I could pick you up from there (which is about a mile out of the way), and you could ride up to Peterculter with me.

sure, if youre happy with that. Will get into dundee at 17:00 precisely..beep..beep ..that ok ? :)

TheTramp
4th-September-2003, 07:06 PM
Sounds great.

Actually, I've just realised. This means that I'll get to spend several hours in your company both Monday and Tuesday nights.

Are you sure that you're ready for this??? :D

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
11th-September-2003, 12:00 AM
Was a good night, some pretty decent music most of the time :D and some really good dancers too :)

many thanks to Gadget for driving me to Inverurie - much appreciated

nice place - quiet though :)