PDA

View Full Version : If I owned Ceroc...

Paul F
3rd-September-2003, 01:15 PM
After the news of a change of ownership for Ceroc (see ceroclondon forum - coffee corner) I thought it might be interesting to hear what people would do if THEY had the opportunity of owning ceroc.

What areas should be looked at?

What would you change?

How would you make ceroc grow?

I have already suggested comapny cars for teachers and maybe BA business class flight provisions. Im waiting to hear back on whethet this is go go go !!!! Im holding my breath!!!!

:D

sbell
3rd-September-2003, 09:30 PM
:cheers:

If I owned ceroc I would ensure that tutors who teach in the same area under the same banner teach a round robin of moves, i.e. if you attend on a Monday you get first three/four moves, on Tuesday the second three/four moves, on Wednesday etc, etc, until you came round to the final set of moves then you start again. This should ensure that beginners get the full set of moves over a shorter period of time. At present it seems that moves are taught on a "likes and dislikes" criteria. That is to say, if the tutor likes the moves they'll teach them time and time and time again, if they don't - forget it! Beginners should attend the beginners classes for longer than a few weeks. Also, I have heard it said by many of the beginners that the moves taught during the taxi class are not always the ones taught in the main class. Taxi dancers should pass some sort of "test" to ensure they have the basics prior to beginning taxiing. So many seem to be "kent faces" rather than competent dancers. This can lead to apathy for the new starts and eventual disillusionment with the dancing. Sorry, but you did ask!! Bet you wished you hadn't eh??? lol

Apart from that I enjoy ceroc and will keep on boogieing as long as I can.

Happy Cerocing peeps:yum:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-September-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by sbell
Also, I have heard it said by many of the beginners that the moves taught during the taxi class are not always the ones taught in the main class.

Don't know which class you are speaking of - but the taxi dancers I know always go over the moves which have already been taught in the class. We reinforce these moves and if any of the beginners then have any questions about the moves taught in a previous class we will answer them and go over any of the beginner's moves we are asked about.

Taxi dancers should pass some sort of "test" to ensure they have the basics prior to beginning taxiing. So many seem to be "kent faces" rather than competent dancers. This can lead to apathy for the new starts and eventual disillusionment with the dancing.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with this, there are no taxi dancers, that I know of, who are not competent dancers themselves. However, if you feel that you are not receiving the help that you need, I suggest you speak to either the teacher or the venue manager at your class.

The role of the taxi-dancer has been discussed at length previously on this forum, but suffice to say they are there to help and encourage the beginners and pass on their enthusiasm and love of dancing. :D

Heather
3rd-September-2003, 11:23 PM
:cheers:

If I owned ceroc I would ensure that tutors who teach in the same area under the same banner teach a round robin of moves, i.e. if you attend on a Monday you get first three/four moves, on Tuesday the second three/four moves, on Wednesday etc, etc, until you came round to the final set of moves then you start again. This should ensure that beginners get the full set of moves over a shorter period of time.

This is all very well if you are in the fortunate position to be able to attend Ceroc,Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday nights every week. Some of us less fortunate souls can only attend Ceroc one night per week, much as we'd like to attend more frequently.
Besides, getting the full set of moves over a shorter period of time does not necessarily mean that the learners can actually take on board what is taught in that time. People have different rates of learning and is is very naive to assume that everyone can absorb what is taught in the same short space of time.
There are, of course Beginners workshops for those who want a more accelerated course in Ceroc.
I would also say that even if it were possible for some of us to attend several times per week, we may for one reason or another, choose not to, would that mean that if we missed a particular class we would feel under under pressure . The present format of Ceroc allows the learner to learn at his/her own pace, and if they miss a couple of weeks, it's no big deal!!

:hug:
Heather,
X
P.S I would like to add my agreement to Sheena's remarks , all the Taxi dancers I know are more than capable and willing to go over the moves taught in class. They do a very hard job and I really don't think they get the appreciation they deserve.

Gadget
4th-September-2003, 08:48 AM
If I owned ceroc I would ensure that tutors who teach in the same area under the same banner teach a round robin of moves,
I have to agree with Heather - by setting a 'ciriculum' you are pressurising people to attend week after week: there is then the danger of losing people due to the "I missed week 2, so there is no point in going on to week 3" mind set. If you spread this over venues, you are doubling the problem since venue one will only have 'move sets' 1 and 3 and venue two will have 2 and 4.
Besides this, I think that you will find over time that the moves are rotated - I can't remember two beginners classes that were exactly alike {but with my memory, that's not saying much :rolleyes:}

Also, I have heard it said by many of the beginners that the moves taught during the taxi class are not always the ones taught in the main class.
Seldom heard this myself, but what could be happening is that people who are close to losing their "beginner" status have been asking the taxi's what other moves a particular move (from the class) can go into. Of course, this means that 'true' beginners will be introduced to moves they havn't yet seen.

Taxi dancers should pass some sort of "test" to ensure they have the basics prior to beginning taxiing.
I'm sure it's the teachers who selects the taxi dancers {?} so they must rate them as at least competent. Note also that teaching (taxiing) is a seperate skill from dancing - most are good at both, but you can be an excelent dancer, but a poor teacher; or an excelent teacher but a poor dancer.
I do agree that there is a slight bit of "in crowd" to the selection process, but since the teacher selects - how else are they going to know who's "worthey" of the T-shirt?

Jon
4th-September-2003, 11:45 PM
I have heard it said by many of the beginners that the moves taught during the taxi class are not always the ones taught in the main class.

I've just posted a long response to another post you made about taxi dancers.

But on this particular point in the taxi class we do try and cover additional things that the teachers just dont have the time to cover. But I do not know of taxi dancers that do not cover the routine that was taught. Some taxi dancers will give hints on how to take those moves and make them more stylish to show how you can play with the moves and that you don't have to do them exactly as taught. Some taxi dancers will be asked by the class to teach them additional moves if the class finishes early.

On occassion some teachers have done a bit of a fun beginner class still focusing on beginner moves but with slight variations. This rarely happens but when it does then the taxi dancer will either teach that routine or if the class prefers will remove the variations and cover the basic beginner moves.

And to repeat sheena I don't know any taxi dancers that are not very competent dancers. But teaching ability prehaps is another thing which prehaps only practice can help cure. After all it's not easy teaching a class of approx 10-15 couples and very few venues have a seperate area so your usually squeezed at the back of the room shouting and competing to be heard with the teacher doing the intermediate class.

I dont mean to preach but the taxi dancers do have a very tough job and it is just simply impossible to keep everyone happy but we try.

For all taxi dancers everywhere keep up the good work it's you guys and girls that do a fantastic job and keeps people coming through the doors which is making a name for Ceroc.

Jon
4th-September-2003, 11:54 PM
Back on topic.

1. More marketing of ceroc to attract people. Prehaps magazine advertising.

2. More decent venues not church or town halls or venues you get into down an alley way or round through the back door. But proper clubs.

3. Taxi dancers. Do the normal beginner revision but also a beginner improver while the intermediate class is taught by the teacher.

Or prehaps make the beginner class taught by the teacher longer (1 hour) and then the taxi dancers teach a beginner improver class with new moves while the teacher does the intermediate class. Salsa does this format and it works well.

4. No smoking in the venue!

michael
5th-September-2003, 01:21 AM
Would that be a Black Cab Taxi test (every street virtually) or a Private hire Taxi (elementary if at all) test?

I must say that i am quite shocked that sbell sounds none too happy with the situation in Edinburgh of all places!!! I have been going through to Edinburgh on a Thursday for almost a month now and the standard of teaching is absolutely first class. The details and explaining that goes into both the beginner moves and the intermediate is in my opinion beyond criticism. In every beginner class the same important detailed advice is repeated. We can only blame our own ability(or hearing perhaps) if we do not pick up the moves correctly.

As for Ceroc ownership or change of ownership... who knows what is really best i just hope it continues... If i were to be really picky it would be for a few places in the major cities like Glasgow Edinburgh that we could go to other than have to wait for a Ceroc or Leroc Dance night. I gather we used to have a place at Arta in Glasgow (a section for dancing ceroc) some years ago but it is now used for drinking. I doubt if any club would want us as 90% probably dont drink while we dance. Havana and Cuba Norti or whatever it is called has Salsa, we dont seem to have our own we club/pub sort of thing. Bet they do down in London:sick: :sick:

Dance Demon
5th-September-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Jon
Back on topic.

2. More decent venues not church or town halls or venues you get into down an alley way or round through the back door. But proper clubs.

Ahhh if only..........ask any franchisee and they will tell you how hard it is to find a "proper club " that is prepared to open the bar for a crowd that drink mainly water and soft drinks, and that has a dance floor big enough for Ceroc. If it is a weekend, you can forget it. The beauty of church halls and town halls is that they have large wooden floors, and no carpeted areas, ideal for Ceroc.

Chris
5th-September-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
What areas should be looked at?
What would you change?
How would you make ceroc grow?

One change I think many Ceroccers would welcome would be greater openness and interaction with other jive groups, much the way that Franck has done in Scotland. The insularity and 'we are the one and only' does Ceroc more harm than good IMO. e.g. In London, Networking with groups like Hipsters, Jump n Jive, Jive Time etc would be good for everyone and allow everyone's business to grow, as well as make it easier for dancers.

But I think Mile Ellard is probably very experienced in business as well as dance, so I'm sure he will look into some options.

Chris

Chicklet
5th-September-2003, 09:23 AM
Haven't seen the accounts so don't know what the balance sheet looks like :wink: but what about Ceroc investing in some property ?? Ok if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen in London first no doubt but it SHOULD happen in Scotland!!

Ceroc could then spec it out as a top class dance venue, take first pick of it's days and nights for classes workshops and parties and hire out the rest to *shock horror* other organisations ???Ballroon, salsa, dance demon, lindsay etc etc.

Ceroc gets the hire out income and we all get to dance in a top class venue!

Straightaway the arguement will come up that what if Ceroc loses punters to other styles??? But is this REALLY likely?
And is it not just as likely to be counterbalanced with new folk coming in who were originally dancers in other styles?

Develish Straw poll - would we be prepared to pay a little bit more for a really really top class tailor made dance venue?

Interested to hear thoughts as always
C:D

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
and hire out the rest to *shock horror* other organisations ???Ballroon, salsa, dance demon, lindsay etc etc.

dance demons an organisation ? i know hes a big lad but...? :) Ballroon is a good name though!

Interested to hear thoughts as always

"hmm food. lunch soon. mmm donuts...i wonder why more girls dont wear french maids outfits...."

...er...or did you mean specific thoughts ?

Bill
5th-September-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
wonder why more girls dont wear french maids outfits...."

...er...or did you mean specific thoughts ?

Do you mean this as a marketing ploy DS ??? French maids outfits when busking ? Might bring in more folk - but maybe for the wrong reasons. Theme night ? Won't ask if you get the lovely Mrs DS to dress up in such outfits. But if you're short of ideas for an outfit for the comp :rolleyes: ............... you'd get my vote :na:

Chicklet
5th-September-2003, 11:22 AM
Just a cotton pickin (is there an outfit for cotton pickin??) minute here!!!

A girl makes a serious, interesting, discussion worthy suggestion, ON thread, for the first time in WEEKS and what happens??

The boys go and try and drag it up the stairs!!!

You horrors!!!

But, as we have discussed at length elsewhere:devil: would def be up for a few more fancy dress theme nights, be they in a Ceroc building or not!!

Cx

PS DS not convinced you've EVER had a "specific" thought - I picture the inside of your head as lots and lots of random images all banging against each other:waycool:

Chicklet
5th-September-2003, 11:31 AM
dance demons an organisation ? i know hes a big lad but...? :) Ballroon is a good name though!
Wee Johnny??? Prefer to think of him as an institution than an organisation really:devil: :D :waycool:

Rachel
5th-September-2003, 12:23 PM
"hmm food. lunch soon. mmm donuts...i wonder why more girls dont wear french maids outfits....":D now, what was that quote? "Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny...." (!!!)
R.

Dreadful Scathe
5th-September-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
now, what was that quote? "Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny...." (!!!)
R.

but we can think of them both at the same time - thats multitasking that is ! :)

Dance Demon
5th-September-2003, 12:56 PM

Straightaway the arguement will come up that what if Ceroc loses punters to other styles??? But is this REALLY likely?
And is it not just as likely to be counterbalanced with new folk coming in who were originally dancers in other styles?

Yep Chickie, I agree with you on this one. We've had people come along to Route 66 who have never done any type of dancing, and when they see everyone else up strutting their stuff, they always want to know where to learn how to do it themselves. Invariably, they all end up at Ceroc. This is by no means a problem. The more people that learn how to do it, the more people there are to go round IMHO. I've been attending Ceroc for nearly five years now, and have seen loads of people come and go in that time. Between Mrs Demon and me, we have introduced lots of people to Ceroc, in fact we still do. Some of them have moved on to try other styles of dance. Some people we know from other dance codes have come along to try Ceroc. It's pretty much a swings and roundabouts kinda thing. :D

Bill
5th-September-2003, 03:19 PM
Just a cotton pickin (is there an outfit for cotton pickin??) minute here!!!

But, as we have discussed at length elsewhere:devil: would def be up for a few more fancy dress theme nights, be they in a Ceroc building or not!!

Cx

a cotton outfit ( or item ??) that we could pick (at !) :rolleyes:

You had somewhere else in mind miss chickie :innocent: :na: If you want advice on your outfits then plenty of volunteers I think :D

now what would I do if I owned Ceroc ???? Sack any teacher under 40 :grin: :rofl: ................who would that leave :what:

only joking.......honest

Jon
5th-September-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
now, what was that quote? "Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny...." (!!!)
R.

Surely not Rachel, if we had 2 emotions for most of us it would be Hungry and Football. Now if we were to have 3.... :grin:

bigdjiver
6th-September-2003, 01:58 PM
If I were running Ceroc, it would be for a very short time. It would go from a franchise operation to a company with a board of directors with major franchisees as directors. The power would be with them. I would invite back ex-franchisees.

I would offer shares to all levels of staff and members.

In my short reign I would try several different versions of Ceroc-lite, to try and find a working model for a network of introductory classes.

Ceroc-lite would teach a slightly expanded version of beginners moves, and taught by advanced taxi-dancer / trainee teacher (ATTT) level staff.

One model would be to try and introduce this as a Saturday night activity for inter-denominational church youth groups, rotating halls.

Another would be as a nightclub filler. Many nightclubs only come to life as late drinking venues. They would like to get people in earlier. My idea would be to hold a Ceroc-lite session earlier in the evening, with the entrance money going to Ceroc, and overlap the tail end of the free-style session into the nightclub opening.

The nightclub will then have an attraction for its customers to come earlier, and a core group of customers.

This will not be easy; most nightclubs exist to sell drinks. I expect a very high failure rate because there will not usually be a meeting of minds. However if it can be made to work somewhere, being businessmen, the rest will hop the bandwagon. If it was successful I would expect most nightclub owners to get greedy, and have plans to move to a regular Ceroc night nearby before that happens.

The Ceroc-lite crews will also appear at local functions and festivals.

Another possibility is for them to hold classes in convention hotels, as an evening get together activity.

Another possibility is as a holiday camp activity, which could offer cheap holidays for ATTT members.

I would look into selling beginner Ceroc-shops as birthday or anniversary presents for young couples, as a togetherness activity, a gift that will last them 25 years.

It could make a good QVC item. If the promo was split into several short sections, with one Ceroc-lite move being taught, in rotation, followed by the sales talk, it may well be a way of greatly boosting QVC viewing figures.

I would make the organisation more publicity conscious. There are still far too many prospective customers that have never heard of us.

I would seek more promotion opportunities with business. There are many companies and organisations on the healthy living bandwagon. We should be in there playing too.

On day 2 ...

Gus
6th-September-2003, 09:44 PM
I think this has been a fascinating thread. I think it would be even more fascinating if the Franchisees on the Forum shared a few of their real-life stories. I may be unfair, but I would say that the vast majority of dancers dont fully appreciate just how much planning and activity has taken place at Ceroc HQ and by individual franchiseees over the years.

Though I am FAR from HQ's no. 1 fan, I can testify that at least they have put some serious effort in by some well qualified people to develop things. I was down for two of the Franchisee conferences and loads of good points were raised and experinces exchanged. I think the bottom line, depressingly enough, is no matter how good the idea, or how well researched in theory of your latest plan is ..... Jo Public will alwys surprise you with his (non)response.

However, that is not a reason to stop the ideas ... quite the opposite. I find it very encouraging that people want this Modern Jive thing to work .... and maybe one day it really will take off....

Jon
7th-September-2003, 11:10 AM
Alot of venues close too early I think. What would be nice is after the dancing for the bar to stay open for 30 - 60 minutes or so just so you can chat, as it is very difficult to chat while the music is playing so it makes it hard to get to know people. Especially when your chatting away and someone asks 1 of you to dance I know its ceroc ettique to accept but sometimes it can be annoying when your having a great conversation. Alternativly a seperate room to goto just for chatting.

bigdjiver I like the sound of the Ceroc Lite crew and the night club filler idea.

So what if ceroc were to purchase property in a central location. Just did a search and the average cost for renting an industrial unit of 3000 sq ft is £20k a year. Only thing then is to kit it out.

Monthly rental = £1666

So if you take an average attendance at one venue to be 120 people = £6 x 120 = £720 per event held at the venue. Hold 2 evening classes a month and you've almost covered your rental.

Most franchises hold more than 1 evening a week plus hold monthly workshops and freestyle events. Obviously there would be staff to pay and running costs like alcohol, loo roll etc. But to me this seems quite feasible. And if ceroc were to buy instead of let then it's pure profit. And when Ceroc arn't using it like during the day you could hire it out.

bigdjiver
7th-September-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Jon
Alot of venues close too early I think. What would be nice is after the dancing for the bar to stay open for 30 - 60 minutes or so just so you can chat,

That was one reason I used to travel a long way to go to Jongluers in Clapham.There was a night club below where you could drink, chat and listen to some quiet live music afterwards.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Jon
So what if ceroc were to purchase property ... the average cost for renting an industrial unit ... [/QUOTE]

Planning permission! Industrial unit, one price, place of entertainment something else again. Rates can be ferocious.

It must be getting near the point where it would be possible to open a jive club, but it is a big risk.

Dance Demon
7th-September-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bigdjiver

Planning permission! Industrial unit, one price, place of entertainment something else again. Rates can be ferocious.

It must be getting near the point where it would be possible to open a jive club, but it is a big risk.

Don't forget the fees to the performing rights society, who charge by square footage and the No. of people you can THEORETICALLY get in, whether they are there or not...this runs to several thousand pounds per year for a place this size. Add the cost of a PPL licence, and Public Liability Insurance......the costs just mount up don't they:wink:

stewart38
9th-September-2003, 12:54 PM
Jon comment re making the beginners class up to an hour

One think I have found and its a generalisation is the classes seem to be getting longer and longer

Thats a big turn off :sick:

Ceroc could have a few weekend events

Dan Hudson
9th-September-2003, 01:37 PM
Alot of venues close too early I think. What would be nice is after the dancing for the bar to stay open for 30 - 60 minutes or so just so you can chat, as it is very difficult to chat while the music is playing so it makes it hard to get to know people

Jon

Try turning up at the beginning rather than just for the intermediate class and there would be plenty of time to chat:wink:

Gadget
9th-September-2003, 01:50 PM
Ceroc-lite would teach a slightly expanded version of beginners moves, and taught by advanced taxi-dancer / trainee teacher (ATTT) level staff.
So you would use this Ceroc-lite as a sort of introductory dance class to be used at "non-dance" events or functions where no-one has ever seen/danced MJ before?
I like the notion, but I don't think that you could do it more than twice in the same place.
I also think that you would need six/eight "stooges" with the teaching couple to invoke others to join in.
You could also use the same 'formula' for festivals, concerts and night clubs as "entertainment" slots - kind of a live advertisment.

I have always said that this is the biggest area of Ceroc that hasn't been exploited to it's full.

I would make the organisation more publicity conscious. There are still far too many prospective customers that have never heard of us.
yup. But you either need a targeted ad campeign with clever literature and adverts blanketed accross the country or you need blind luck.
Supermarket ad-boards, sport's center ad-boards, student notice boards... are all places that could be advertising it.

{and I agree with stewart38; the class is just about the right length - any longer and it would be a turn-off}

stewart38
9th-September-2003, 01:52 PM
Interesting comments and you can see those who have run a business and those who have not

Not sure if genreally ceroc crowd mix with nightclub crowd. :sad: I could just see some some cerocer being glassed by a non cerocer

I always find it amazing (I have run a business) how ceroc people want so much but are not prepared to pay for it (re the recent water thing)

Gadget
9th-September-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Interesting comments and you can see those who have run a business and those who have not
I forgot to say that infinite funding would help :wink:

I always find it amazing (I have run a business) how ceroc people want so much but are not prepared to pay for it (re the recent water thing)
Recent water thing??
I don't think that it's just ceroc people that want it all for as little as poss, it's just people in general.:rolleyes:

stewart38
9th-September-2003, 02:07 PM
Wasn't there a restaurant somewhere which ran on the basis you pay what you think it was worth and it made a profit ?

I still think generally ceroc people have a mind set that if a night out at weekends cost more then a £10 its too much

Has ceroc actually peaked now ?

DavidB
9th-September-2003, 02:25 PM
I still think generally ceroc people have a mind set that if a night out at weekends cost more then a £10 its too muchI'd agree. It would have to be a pretty special event for me to pay more than £10 to get in. I know I'd be able to dance with the same people, to the same music, during the week and only pay about half as much.

Has ceroc actually peaked now ? Don't know about now, but it has certainly peaked several times before. It used to be about every 4 or 5 years.

The general trend has always been upwards. There is probably a fixed percentage of people who actually want to learn a partner dance, and I don't think we are anywhere near reaching that limit.

David

bigdjiver
9th-September-2003, 03:20 PM
So you would use this Ceroc-lite as a sort of introductory dance class to be used at "non-dance" events or functions where no-one has ever seen/danced MJ before?
I like the notion, but I don't think that you could do it more than twice in the same place.

This idea is based on a happening thing, which is independent of Ceroc.

< I also think that you would need six/eight "stooges" with the teaching couple to invoke others to join in.>

The night club proprietor in question gives free admission to advanced / taxi dancers.

< But you either need a targeted ad campeign> costs! and probably not effective.

I said "publicity"

Publicity means getting news reports into the media. Local couple win top prize - should make the paper, could make local TV news. Ceroc is very photogenic. Letters to the editor - healthy lifestyle is a recurring theme. Oldies but goodies is another.

Admit for each letter published? Book of for article? Season ticket for TV appearance?

bigdjiver
9th-September-2003, 03:34 PM
Not sure if genreally ceroc crowd mix with nightclub crowd. :sad:

The Ceroc crowd do not generally mix, but they are not mutually exclusive. I am advocating Ceroc lite sessions early in nightclubs that do not get started until late. The cerocers can leave when they want. I believe some of the nightclubbers will come earlier as a result, which is where the owner gets their pay-off.

As for the water thing - I detest venues where the proprietor is obviously making more from selling water than from selling alcohol.

Doc Iain
9th-September-2003, 11:10 PM
Haven't seen the accounts so don't know what the balance sheet looks like :wink: but what about Ceroc investing in some property ?? C:D someone that thinks the way I do! :cheers:
I have given this some thought over the last year or so (having nothing better to occupy my time with) and I keep coming back to the same conclusion!...an investment in a venue/space would make money over the time. Especially as you say with correct marketing and renting out of the space on non-ceroc nights (which would also attract more dancers "do u know they also do ceroc here..." etc. etc.) .

Either that or I would want to examine the possibility of holding a mid-week night (not just in London) in a prper club type place. Most clubs are not open mid-week and I am sure would love the extra income (rent, bar, cloakroom etc. etc.) and people would be more attracted to dance in a proper club type enviroment that somewhere with a scout hall, village hall or {cough} canteen :wink: (one for the londoners there!)

Boomer
9th-September-2003, 11:24 PM
'ERE! What's wrong with that canteen! You leave it alone ya bully:grin: . You've just got the hump because your number of posts has dropped down to 6! Thats canteen! ohhhh what heaven, a lesson, a pint (at non-student prices) a dance and doublebaconeggsausagechipsfriedbread and black pudding. What an eve...shame they dont do the fried bit though:sad:

Oh for 20 posts when I can have my own avatar.

Doc Iain
10th-September-2003, 12:10 AM
:yum: lol

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 10:02 AM
The Ceroc crowd do not generally mix

Oh Yes they do :grin:

THE CHIP SQUAD WILL GO ON!

I think a venue should stay open on a Fri/Sat til 2/3am (not just so I can fall asleep on everyone shoulders during the blues numbers (keep quiet Graham, Sheepy & Tony!)

It would be nice if some of the floors were cleaned prior to a lesson; pet hate is dancing on a dirty floor.

Also name badges with nicknames would help! :wink:

Px

Grant
10th-September-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
It would be nice if some of the floors were cleaned prior to a lesson; pet hate is dancing on a dirty floor.

we have a dancer here who helpfully sweeps the floor during every freestyle...
with the hair of any woman who dances with him

grant
PS. love the action woman avatar, pammy :waycool:

Pammy
10th-September-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Grant
we have a dancer here who helpfully sweeps the floor during every freestyle...
with the hair of any woman who dances with him

grant
PS. love the action woman avatar, pammy :waycool:

Ooooohhhh, I've got long hair, do you think I could be of use?

As for the avatar: well, why not take the whole toilet roll & shrunken heads thing to a whole new level!

Px :devil:

Grant
10th-September-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Ooooohhhh, I've got long hair, do you think I could be of use?

long hair, short hair, it makes little difference when you're upside down. i'm sure you would be more than useful :wink:

As for the avatar: well, why not take the whole toilet roll & shrunken heads thing to a whole new level!
indeed, i'm looking forward to your avatar learning to do a victory dance with it's trophy head :D

grant

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grant
[B]long hair, short hair, it makes little difference when you're upside down. i'm sure you would be more than useful :wink:

:what: Oh you charmer, and they say the age of romance, not to mention gallentry, is dead :yum: :grin: :rofl:

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 01:44 PM
And you can me a gorilla!:grin: :rofl:

Grant
10th-September-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
And you can me a gorilla!:grin: :rofl:
i thought i already did that :wink:

grant

Boomer
10th-September-2003, 01:51 PM
Bugger, bloody hang-over, hoisted by my own petard:blush: , sort of do-dad. You know what I meant, :tears: I mean, upside down! My god man, the images:what: :nice:

Grant
10th-September-2003, 02:02 PM
You know what I meant, :tears:
err no...
have you been trying the hair of the dog hangover cure :wink:

grant

Lou
12th-September-2003, 09:04 AM
Going back to the original subject for a moment.... :wink:

I was really surprised when I was browsing through the gift experience section in the new Argos catalogue. Along with their usual stuff of "racing driver day" or "golf lessons", they actually have dance lessons listed - including Salsa and LeRoc. Seems that CerocTM missed out on a golden oportunity there.... or perhaps they should take advantage of the idea, now?

Chicklet
12th-September-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Lou
they actually have dance lessons listed - including Salsa and LeRoc. Seems that CerocTM missed out on a golden oportunity there.... or perhaps they should take advantage of the idea, now?

ch-ching - interesting, how much for the gift experience and whadaya get for yer dosh??

Lou
12th-September-2003, 09:14 AM
ch-ching - interesting, how much for the gift experience and whadaya get for yer dosh??
This (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=62294) might answer your questions.... :grin:

Chicklet
12th-September-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lou
[might answer your questions.... :grin:
indeed:D ta.

suppose next question is anyone ever done one?
or heard of anyone doing one?
anyone work for Argos who can look up the relevant section of the Sales Ledger to see how many have been sold:innocent:

Think it's a "beginners' workshop"??

Grant
12th-September-2003, 09:36 AM
suppose next question is anyone ever done one?
or heard of anyone doing one?

i had a look at the prices of some of these activities in a similar scheme and they appeared to be adding a hefty commission for putting everything in a pretty package. :what:

grant

Chicklet
18th-November-2003, 02:38 PM
If I owned Ceroc - I might try a TV ad - just to see what happened.......

Now what on earth would it look like?????????

Boomer
18th-November-2003, 03:56 PM
If I owned Ceroc - I might try a TV ad - just to see what happened.......
Now what on earth would it look like?????????

OoooOoooo! Could I be in it!?! I could be the 'before they leant to dance' version :grin: ...:sad:

Pammy
18th-November-2003, 04:02 PM
OoooOoooo! Could I be in it!?! I could be the 'before they leant to dance' version :grin: ...:sad:

Pah! Don't believe a word of it; watch some of the moves he leads at the weekend :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-November-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Grant
i had a look at the prices of some of these activities in a similar scheme and they appeared to be adding a hefty commission for putting everything in a pretty package.

and if people wanted a 'pretty package' they could dance with Grant for free ;).

Boomer
18th-November-2003, 04:11 PM
and if people wanted a 'pretty package' they could dance with Grant for free ;).

Grant..watch out mate....that sounded very much, almostly like a compliment :what: Keep a very close eye on your back. As the old adage says: 'Keep your enemies close, but little smurfeys even closer....but not too close.' :nice:

Jon L
18th-November-2003, 07:57 PM
Interesting thread - I think I might have a look at music policy in some of the venues.

Also I think I might encourage ceroc to have a rethink about their target age range, which they claim is 18-30, also allow teachers to teach at an older age as well.