PDA

View Full Version : Bob Peter's SwingKings

SwingSwingSwing
4th-September-2003, 09:16 AM
A bit short notice, but the Bob Peter Swing Kings are playing tonight (4th) at the Caledonian Brewery, Slateford Road, Edinburgh, 8-1am. Cost £4.50 (I think)

And I believe Dance Demon is spinning some tunes in between sets and afterwards.

I went for the first time last month and had a blast.

SwingSwingSwing

Dance Demon
4th-September-2003, 05:14 PM
Wellll........I did offer to do some DJing at the last one in August, as after the band finished playing at the july one (around 11pm) everyone went home cos there was no music to dance to. However the montpeliers people who run the event didn't go out of their way to promote or advertise the event, and also had taken their CD decks away to the spiegeltent for a festival event. I ended up going home to pick up my own decks, and played till 1am free of charge. I did this 'cos i thought the night had a bit of potential, (and that I might get the gig if it all went well:innocent: ) I reckon at least 30 people came along that otherwise wouldn't have been there if i hadn't told them. Unfortunately I didn't even get a thank you from the manager , or Bob Peter. :tears:
Consequence is, I won't be DJing at the swing kings....Mrs Demon 'an me will go and enjoy the freestyle at Ceroc instead:na:

SwingSwingSwing
5th-September-2003, 12:12 AM
Woops, sorry DD! Bad assumption on my part.

Anyway, it was a good night (not as good as the August one mind). The band were in a mellower groove and didn't play that many fast ones.. which was a pity as I was desperate to get some Balboa practice in!

SwingSwingSwing