PDA

View Full Version : Summer Hummer in Boston-Results

angelblue
27th-August-2007, 08:31 AM
Well done

Goerdieed, Paul F and Caro for doing so well and flying the flag for us all.:waycool:

ducasi
27th-August-2007, 08:46 AM
How well did they do?

angelblue
27th-August-2007, 09:13 AM
Newcomer J&J
1 Nelson & Giselle
2 Brenden & ?
3 Joe & Nicole
4 ? & Betty
5 Joe & Laura

Novice J&J
1 Jody & Lisa
2 Bruce & Tamra
3 Chris & Jody
4 Mike & Cammy
5 Paul & Jenny

Intermediate J&J
1 Max & Andrea
2 Dave & Angilique
3 John & Alysia
4 Paul & Kim
5 Genie & Connie

Advanced J&J
1 Dima & Willow
2 Eric & Keri
3 Evan & Rhoni
4 Dallas & Jen
5 Marcus & Priscilla

All Star J&J
1 Chris & Angie
2 Joe & Sheena
3 Larry & Jen
4 Jason & Hannah
5 Brian & Jill

Champions J&J
1 Kyle & Deborah
2 Jordan & Erica
3 Parker & Jessica
4 Benji & Jennifer
5 Jason & Stephanie

Nov/Int SS
1 Edwin & ?
2 Paul & Kathy
3 Paul & Caroline

Adv/AllS SS
1 Brian & Laura
2 Nick & Jill
3 Jason & Heidi

Champions SS
1 Kyle & Tatiana
2 Jordan & Sarah
3 Jason & Jessica

ProAm
1 Alysia & Doug
2 Sheila & Larry
3 Amy & Doug

Rising Star
1 Kevin & Priscilla
2 Eric & Kelly
3 Eric & Deb

Classic
1 Jordan & Tatiana
2 Michael & Jennifer
3 Ben & Melina
4 Jason & Erica
5 Christopher & Katrina

Showcase
1 Parker & Jessica
2 Myles & Tessa
3 Nick & Patty
4 Steve & Dana

Caro
27th-August-2007, 06:14 PM
Well done

Goerdieed, Paul F and Caro for doing so well and flying the flag for us all.:waycool:

Thanks !!!

yes it all went really well for us in Boston!

Crossa (Neil) made it to the final of the JnJ Newcomer division
Geordied made it to the finals in the JnJ Novice
Paul F was fifth
And I made it to the finals too but didn't get placed (but still earned my first ever point in the WSDC system :clap: !!! woohoo ! 19 to go to get to intermediate! :eek:)

I also competed in strictly Pro/am with Parker and got gold level, which I have no idea what it means but it's better than bronze or silver :D

Also Ed won the Strictly in a combined category Novice / Intermediate (:worthy:) and Paul and I placed 3rd :clap: - the achievement of the weekend for me!!!! Thanks Paul for being such a great partner :flower: :hug:

I'm exhausted but will probably post a full review of the event later...

Minnie M
27th-August-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks !!!

Crossa (Neil) made it to the final of the JnJ Newcomer division
Geordied made it to the finals in the JnJ Novice
Paul F was fifth
And I made it to the finals too but didn't get placed (but still earned my first ever point in the WSDC system :clap: !!! woohoo ! 19 to go to get to intermediate! :eek:)

I also competed in strictly Pro/am with Parker and got gold level, which I have no idea what it means but it's better than bronze or silver :D

Also Ed won the Strictly in a combined category Novice / Intermediate (:worthy:) and Paul and I placed 3rd :clap: - the achievement of the weekend for me!!!!

Well done to you and the boys :respect: :clap: :hug:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2007, 07:11 PM
Congrats to you all :clap:

Freya
27th-August-2007, 07:16 PM
Well Done Babe!

I'm sure the whole thing was fab! But I don't want to know anymore because I'm already very very very Jealous! :blush:

Paul F
27th-August-2007, 08:26 PM
Also Ed won the Strictly in a combined category Novice / Intermediate (:worthy:) and Paul and I placed 3rd :clap: - the achievement of the weekend for me!!!! Thanks Paul for being such a great partner :flower: :hug:

It was my pleasure :nice:

After a torturous journey home I have spent today napping :rolleyes: Firstly I got to the airport at Boston to find my flight had a 2 hour delay. That then extended to 4 hours :angry: Then we had to sit on the plane for another hour due to a safety glitch with the cargo hold. The sight of police cars outside the aircraft didnt exactly inspire us with confidence. :eek:
In all we arrived back after a 5 and a bit hour delay. On top of that, American Airlines dont let you check in online so I ended up having to sit right in the middle of the 5 person centre aisle :sick:

So thats 2 for 2 on lousy returns from the US.

The actual event was really good. The highlight for me, apart from dancing with Caro of course :nice: , was the Pro Strictly Swing and the chance to meet so many new faces along with chatting to some of the older ones. A real social event.

Im chuffed with the results but I have to be honest and say that I was kind of hoping for better in the J+J after my results at Liberty. Ah well, its all experience.

All in all though a great weekend. Another shock to the old biological clock but I think its getting used to it now :D

ShinyWeeStar
27th-August-2007, 08:30 PM
Well done guys! :respect: :hug:

ducasi
27th-August-2007, 08:59 PM
Well done Neil, Ed, Paul and Caro. :clap: :clap:

Caro
27th-August-2007, 09:14 PM
ok a proper review...

What a fun and relaxed event it was. Met loads of people who were very impressed to find people crazy enough to fly over the atlantic and back again for one weekend of dancing :rofl:
Really friendly atmosphere overall. The pool party with the limbo, the hullahoop comp (I'm so going to practice for next year :wink: ) and pro's cabaret was great fun.

Highlights for me include:
- the all stars and pro comps - god they know how to put up a show. In the JnJ Deborah drew Kyle, and they danced to timbaland 'the way I are'... at some point they did a robot impersonation and kyle handed over a 20 dollars bill to Deborah (when the lyrics go about 'I've got no money...')... they had me in stitches. I hope that will come up on youtube at some point...
- Dancing as much as watching really, I felt so inspired just watching couples social dancing...
- obviously the results in the comp, very happy with my first point as finalist in the JnJ (although I wish i had a better placement, but it's fair enough, the partnership with my last partner wasn't great. I drew Paul in one of the heats though which really helped me to relax a bit!). Can hardly believe the placement we got on the strictly, I'm really pleased with that :nice:
- all the chatting with peeps from the strictly westie forum and others... Although I suppose I could have done a bit more of that, but I'm such a dance junkie... :blush:
- I had so many great dances... I'm still intoxicated...

The ok and not so great bits:
- venue - floor and rooms great, but overall lacking in choice of food, far from everywhere, and very poor room service. They got the breakfast order (restaurant closed too early and I coulnd't do pizza for breakfast more than once :sick: ) wrong twice, seriously how difficult is that :what:
- leaving before the awards again... it would have been nice to stay a little longer but flights didn't allow that

Overall I feel like my dancing has gone up a level again and I can't wait for my next event... I'm so sad we have to go accross all the way to the US to get that sort of buzz... :sad:

Yliander
27th-August-2007, 09:38 PM
Fantastic Results!!!!! :hug: :respect: :flower:

Lory
28th-August-2007, 12:03 AM
Well done you guys! :worthy: :cheers: :hug:

Jennifer
28th-August-2007, 09:52 AM
Well done guys :clap: :clap:

Keith J
28th-August-2007, 12:21 PM
Great stuff, well done to you all.

DS87
28th-August-2007, 03:52 PM
Well done all! :respect: :clap: :respect:

Geordieed
28th-August-2007, 04:03 PM
One late result coming I managed to share the honours and was rewarded with Gold in the Mens Novice/Intermediate ProAm with Tessa Cunningham. Out of the competitions that I entered it was one that meant a great deal to me.

Summer Hummer lots of life long memories. All positives not the slightest negative for anything. New friends and good to catch up with existing friends. Cambridge in Boston is awesome. Great shops and restaurants and great atmosphere. One thing that has not been mentioned was the heat. We did pass 100 degrees on Saturday. Part of the visit was to pick up new techniques and concepts no patterns or new moves and managed to pick up a hat full from this event. Smiles all round.

Summer Hummer rocks...

Jamie
29th-August-2007, 12:13 PM
Well done guys! :respect:

Geordieed
29th-August-2007, 12:20 PM
Well done

Thank you AngelBlue. It is great to get support from one of the UK's top WCS teachers...

Rhythm King
30th-August-2007, 11:25 AM
Well done everybody :worthy: :clap:

- I so want to go to one of the American events!

Freudian Hips
30th-August-2007, 11:33 AM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Well done all :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Paul F
30th-August-2007, 11:46 AM

Tampa Bay Classic is at the start of November then Swingin' New England the weekend after. Go on. You know you want to :grin:

We are going to Busch Gardens after the Tampa event too which should be good.

You are more than welcome to join us for one or both.