PDA

View Full Version : Beach Boogie News

Pammy
29th-August-2003, 11:46 AM
For those of you wondering how things are going down there, I have been getting texts from Sheepy. This mornings was very funny....:grin:

"Good news - we won! (sandcastle comp). Music, dancers, pickled garlic at garlic farm.

Bad news - toes going black, no time 2 sleep.

Disasters - caviar left in fridge!"

Do you think his toes are going black because of too much garlic! :devil:

Px

PS I'm off there tomorrow, hope to see lots of fellow forum-ites there too :nice:

Rachel
3rd-September-2003, 02:08 PM
Sheepman! Great to see you back ... Can we expect a full report of Beach Boogie at some point? I've already asked Mary for gossip, too. (Sad, but sometimes you just have to get your pleasures vicariosly!)
Rachel

Sheepman
3rd-September-2003, 05:19 PM
This is my diary for Beach Boogie:-

. . . and that's it!

You don't really think there was any time for diary writing, any time not spent dancing, drinking, dancing, chatting, dancing, eating (Pammy does a mean charcoal - sorry - sausage, sandwich), fab workshops, being entertained (cabaret/panto and more), dancing, and having tons of fun, was spent trying to catch up on sleep.

So here is a summary:- (a bit of emoticon interpretation needed here, as I seem to be having trouble including all the ones I want)

Splurge 1 - WOW !!!! :D :D

Splurge 2 - WOW WOW !!!! ;) :drool: :blush: yum - devil - wink - kiss - hug

Fab meeting up with more of the Scots crowd, my conclusion is that Scots girls do it with bigger smiles on their faces :wink: (Pammy and Helen count as honorary Scots here!)

I had no expectations of a repeat from last year, but it happened again, my "Beach Boogie Moment" - so good that I was walking on air for a while until the adrenalin ran out.

Accommodation - :sad: (but as expected, and fine for our purposes)

Food - :mad: (IMHO worse than last year)

BB Bug - :sad: such a pain that so many people came down with bad colds, but the team were on hand with remedies and vitamin C

Going Home - :tears: tears - tears - tears

Greg

PS Franck - why can't I use more emoticons? No way could I do BB justice with a limit of only 10?

PPS The black toe is now less painful after the blood has oozed out - yum!

Rachel
4th-September-2003, 10:58 AM
Well, that's enough to convince me for next year! Who needs decent food and accommodation at these events, anyway? There's so little time for sleep and eating, they're way down the list of priorities. As long as the dancing's good ...

Hope to see you around again soon, Greg.
Rachel

linda
4th-September-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Fab meeting up with more of the Scots crowd, my conclusion is that Scots girls do it with bigger smiles on their faces :wink: (Pammy and Helen count as honorary Scots here!)Thankyou Greg, but I can't resist saying it, Scots girls do everything with a bigger smile:wink:

My first BB and it lived up to all expectations:D

I agree about the accommodation but then it didn't really matter as so little time was spent there anyway!!!
I also agree about the food..... memories of school dinners:sad:
The music was great, classes brill, dancing fab.
It was also great meeting up with old friends and making lots of new ones.

We'll be back next year and I'm sure there will be even more of us:D

Linda (the quiet one)

:hug: :hug:

Sheepman
4th-September-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by linda
Linda (the quiet one)
:rofl: :rofl:
We did quite a bit of :rofl: on the dance floor too!
Greg :hug:

Heather
4th-September-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
:rofl: :rofl:
We did quite a bit of :rofl: on the dance floor too!
Greg :hug:

I knew you'd all see through the 'quiet one' facade!!!
Linda, you ain't foolin' no-one!!!:rofl: :rofl:
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
X

Lounge Lizard
5th-September-2003, 09:01 AM
Thankyou Greg, but I can't resist saying it, Scots girls do everything with a bigger smile:wink:

Linda (the quiet one)

:hug: :hug:

Linda (the quiet one).......obviously not the same one I met at BB :kiss:

Tiggerbabe
5th-September-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard

Ah Peter, what a good judge of character you are :wink: ............she thinks if she says it often enough people will start to believe it :innocent:

Grant
5th-September-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
she thinks if she says it often enough people will start to believe it :innocent:
i doubt that anyone who was at adam's workshop in perth recently would believe it :wink:

Grant

linda
5th-September-2003, 04:09 PM

Don't know how many Lindas you met at BB but I'm sure I was the quiet one:wink:

Linda:kiss:

linda
5th-September-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Grant
i doubt that anyone who was at adam's workshop in perth recently would believe it :wink:

Grant

Now Grant I was definitely quiet in Perth, you'll be giving people the wrong impression of me:innocent:

Linda:hug:

Lounge Lizard
5th-September-2003, 06:01 PM
Don't know how many Lindas you met at BB but I'm sure I was the quiet one:wink:

Ah, so you are not the fantastic dancer that looked great was fun to be with and did amazing things with a carrot cake, not to mention entertaining five men until 6am

:wink:

Graham
5th-September-2003, 10:41 PM
Ah, so you are not the fantastic dancer that looked great was fun to be with and did amazing things with a carrot cake, not to mention entertaining five men until 6am
I think you have to bear in mind that Linda's the quiet one of the MAd crew - as Sheena and Heather weren't there you don't have any yardstick to see how quiet she really is. :wink:

Lounge Lizard
5th-September-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I think you have to bear in mind that Linda's the quiet one of the MAd crew - as Sheena and Heather weren't there you don't have any yardstick to see how quiet she really is. :wink:
Well I partnered Sheena in the Ceroc lucky dip and taught alongside her in Edinburgh, shared carrot cake with Linda in the early hours of the morning so I look forward to meeting Heather :wink:

Pammy
8th-September-2003, 11:15 AM
Ok, Beach Boogie was fantastic. I can't sing praises high enough to do it justice. Don't want to be back. I think the Isle of Wight will be glad to see us all gone though! :wink:

Trampy can now also verify that I indeed to cook unusual sausages, but at least he wasn't eating his off of the floor! Greg; shame on you! :wink:

Graham; I will apologise now (I'll do this before someone brings it up for me), anyway, sorry primarily for falling asleep in your arms, twice during the same song and secondly for my abominable performance in the competition (I did warn you!) I enjoyed doing it though, had fun; apart from when I realised I'd forgotten my knickers about five minutes before it was due to start; which is why I ran off rather quickly like a crazed woman; in other words normally! (I never did explain that did I!)

Met some great people. Hello Steven if you're out there; poor Steven managed to be ill all week, he got the lurgy, then food poisoning and I finally manged to grab a dance on the last night!

The Blues workshops were amazing, the Nigel and Nina one with the knee lean, lift thingy was great; trying to get the Wiz to do it (the move) on Thursday if I can remember how to explain it to him).

Victor did some great classes too which I really enjoyed and I'm sure all the boys enjoyed the punters cabaret :wink: :wink: :wink: !!!!

The food was terrible, but a must none-the-less if only for the humour value. I have food photos so I'll post them on here when they're developed. I think it was actually worse than school dinners (as I remember them), as at least school dinners were edible and the offle and hard lumpy mash on the last night definitely wasn't!

Even managed to go in for a dip in the sea; apologies to anyone who had to endure that image on the beach, it may well have spoilt your view of an otherwise beautiful beach.

Camping was fun, particularly due to the fact that we got no rain; yipee !!! :grin: Also due to the fact that Greg's brown carpet was enough to make anyone want to wear their shoes all the time they were in the chalet; did anyone dare look under the bed??!!

As for Gregs black toe; believe me, you don't want to know!! :sick:

Px

Rachel
8th-September-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
I have food photos so I'll post them on here when they're developed. Px Oh yes, please post pictures - of dancers, too, if you have them. Would be great to see any familiar faces ...

(BTW, sorry we missed you all at Twyford this weekend - Hope it went well. It was just too far for us to come for an event that finished at midnight. Marc was working, so we couldn't have got there until 9.30 at the earliest. However, Pammy, we did at least get to meet Paul on Friday. Wonderful dancer!)
Rachel

DavidY
8th-September-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
(BTW, sorry we missed you all at Twyford this weekend - Hope it went well. It was just too far for us to come for an event that finished at midnight Twyford's loss but Nottingham's gain... :D

Pammy
8th-September-2003, 12:39 PM
Rachel, I hope we get to see you and Marc at Hammersmith on Saturday. :grin:

Px

Rachel
8th-September-2003, 12:54 PM
Nottingham was great on Sat. Though we still didn't manage to get there til nearly 10pm. Thanks for the dance, David!! And to Neil. And I also got to meet and dance with the famous Punkfish - lovely guy and amazing dancer.

Barring disaster, we'll be at Hammersmith next Sat - look forward to seeing you there, Pammy. (Though just found out I have to work that day - saaad!)
R.

ianmate
8th-September-2003, 05:02 PM
Thankyou Greg, but I can't resist saying it, Scots girls do everything with a bigger smile:wink:

Including whacking their supposed team-mates repeatedly around the shins with a large (spongey) axe!!! :sick:

Linda (the quiet one)

Ah, yeah, right... :rofl:

Ian - just got back, just woken up... :o :o (just joined the forum :cheers: )

linda
8th-September-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by ianmate
Including whacking their supposed team-mates repeatedly around the shins with a large (spongey) axe!!! :sick:

Ian - just got back, just woken up... :o :o (just joined the forum :cheers: )

Welcome back to the real world and welcome to the forum:hug: Sorry :blush: about the shins thing, but you do remember although I was smiling at the time, I also had a blindfold on and it was the lovely Lisa who was directing me.... But I do have to thank you for keeping me warm on the day:wink: and the great dances:grin: See you at Jive Masters??

Graham
8th-September-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Graham; I will apologise now (I'll do this before someone brings it up for me), anyway, sorry primarily for falling asleep in your arms, twice during the same song and secondly for my abominable performance in the competition (I did warn you!) I enjoyed doing it though, had fun; apart from when I realised I'd forgotten my knickers about five minutes before it was due to start; which is why I ran off rather quickly like a crazed woman; in other words normally! (I never did explain that did I!)
No apologies necessary. I take it as a compliment to the smoothness of my leading that you were able to fall asleep :waycool: And no need to apologise about the competition either: you've forgotten the cardinal rule - it's ALWAYS THE MAN'S FAULT! :blush: Oh, and I had actually figured out the reason for your mysterious departure prior to the start, but felt it indelicate to make enquiries about the success of your search :wink:

Pammy
9th-September-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Oh, and I had actually figured out the reason for your mysterious departure prior to the start, but felt it indelicate to make enquiries about the success of your search :wink:

Ah, and there I was trying to be subtle :innocent:

Sending off the photos today so will e-mail you them when I get them back. Shame we didn't get any on "the big night". I completely forgot about photos what with the "missing" incident.

Px

Lisa
9th-September-2003, 11:17 AM
Hello Ian! :D Excellent ..you finally made it here!

A request.....seems you'll have access to the material.... could you send the forum a picture of Linda in flippers loving every second of her space hopper ride? :devil:

:cheers: Lisa x:

ianmate
12th-September-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
could you send the forum a picture of Linda in flippers loving every second of her space hopper ride? :devil:

:cheers: Lisa x:

[sorry for the delay in service, I seem to have contracted Beach Boogie lurgy - 3 days after I got back! :sick: ]

Ah yes, that vision of elegance and enthusiasm (akin to a herd of rutting rhinos perhaps :na: ) as Linda crossed the finishing line - the like of which we may never see again (well, not until the next time anyway :D )

Unfortunately Asif was filming and I'm not sure he was paying attention, and Andy now has all the tapes anyway (so the video can be out "in 8 weeks time" :rofl: )

Just got my tickets for Walthamstow Jive Masters last night, so I'll see you all there.

Ian. :cheers:

ianmate
6th-October-2003, 01:00 PM
Ooh, look what I've found... :)

http://www.beachboogie.com/gallery/albums/album39/Dscf0066_copy.sized.jpg (http://www.beachboogie.com/gallery/album39/Dscf0066_copy)

(click the pic to see the gallery)

And the winning team in all their custarded glory (http://www.beachboogie.com/gallery/album43/2CNV00025_Messy_Nessie_winners)

Ian
:cheers:

Heather
6th-October-2003, 02:02 PM
:D :D Having perused the photo gallery, I am not so sure that it wasn't a Club 18-30 Holiday you were all on !!! (Or perhaps a training camp for budding transvestites).
Lots of taran clad people but where were the real Scottish people? I didn't recognise any one from the Scottish contingent. (Apart from in the 'It's a Knockout ' pics).
Looks like you all had a fab time.

:hug: :kiss:
Heather.

linda
6th-October-2003, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianmate
[B]Ooh, look what I've found... :)

Thankyou Ian, at least it's not the photo with the flippers and the space hopper:grin:

Linda
:kiss:

linda
6th-October-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Lots of taran clad people but where were the real Scottish people?
Heather. [/B]

Heather we were definitely there, but we were very QUIET, (especially me!!) and so no one noticed us.:wink:

Linda
:kiss:

Heather
6th-October-2003, 04:07 PM
Heather we were definitely there, but we were very QUIET, (especially me!!) and so no one noticed us.:wink:

Linda
:kiss: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Heather,
XX

Oh look!! I can see pigs flying outside my window!!:wink:

Sheepman
6th-October-2003, 05:53 PM
ditto :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Greg xx

Graham
6th-October-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Lots of taran clad people but where were the real Scottish people? I didn't recognise any one from the Scottish contingent. (Apart from in the 'It's a Knockout ' pics). The reason we're not in the Scottish theme night pics is that we were all dressed far too sensibly to be snapped! But I found a pic of myself (with the lovely Pammy) in the blues competition, and one of Brady and Wendy, and from Splurge 3 some of the Blues Sisters.