PDA

View Full Version : New West Coast Swing Movie

Billy Cullen
22nd-August-2007, 09:47 AM
Jordan Frisbee, Tatiana Mollmann, Benji Schwinner, and Heidi Groskreutz are all appearing in a new West Coast Swing movie called "Love'n' dancing" they have just finished filming this month, the story line is about a West Coast Swing champion called Jake Mitchell who wins the 2001 World West Coast Swing Championships with his partner Corinne, in the movie Jake is completely deaf and feels the rhythm of the music through the floor, it's also got a romantic twist as jakes partner Corinne has a fiance and she drives jake nuts with her flirtatious ways.
sounds a bit of a girlie movie but I know the dancing is FANTASTIC.
Directed by Robert Iscove Choreographer: Robert Royston.
www.lovendancing.com

Paul F
22nd-August-2007, 12:24 PM
Dont forget Nicola Royston who is playing on of the leads. :worthy: :grin:

Caro
22nd-August-2007, 12:27 PM
Jordan and Tat were working on a routine in France to prepare for the movie... it had to involve a scarf as a prop... looking forward to seeing what they'll come up with!

I have to say the storyline sounds a bit corny, but hey I'm looking forward to seeing the movie anyway :D

Lee Bartholomew
22nd-August-2007, 12:39 PM
It's a dance movie of course it would be a corny and prob a chick flick.

Lets hope it's not a chick flick and is a comedy or something as I don't feel chick flick dance films do much to promote dancing to men.

Mind you the fact Jordan and Benji are in it might help to prove masculinity in dancing to those who watch it.

ducasi
22nd-August-2007, 01:18 PM
Sounds like it will be good for the image and visibility of WCS. Think we need Richard Curtis to make a film centred around the MJ world...

pmjd
22nd-August-2007, 03:38 PM
Think we need Richard Curtis to make a film centred around the MJ world...

Mmm starring Hugh Grant as a amiable but slightly buffoonish MJ teacher who falls for an american WCS dancer who's visiting from the states but has a jealous lindy hopping boyfriend:whistle:

From what I remember don't think we'll get to see Hugh Grant dancing ever again after what he said about seeing his dance routine in Love Actually:rofl:

Lee Bartholomew
1st-April-2008, 08:36 AM
What ever happened to this? Was it released?

robd
1st-April-2008, 08:51 AM

I assumed it was the spinning video you put on You Tube recently Lee which you tagged as West Coast swing for some inexplicable reason.

ducasi
1st-April-2008, 09:08 AM
According to the IMDB it is in post-production (http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1028581/).

johnnyman
1st-April-2008, 10:28 AM
Did anyone see Born Romantic, set against the Salsa World?

Also, lets not forget the Ceroc associated film ALL BAR LOVE, which was shot in April 2006 at the Clapham Grand and premiered last year at Wimbledon Odeon in digital?

best
johnnyman

Caro
1st-April-2008, 11:05 AM
... the spinning video you put on You Tube recently Lee which you tagged as West Coast swing for some inexplicable reason.

it probably was for the same reason as many people who teach jive and tag their recap video with 'west coast swing'.... They may get seen more at first, but in the long run I'm not sure they achieve what they hope for... :whistle:

Lee Bartholomew
1st-April-2008, 11:53 AM
Just threw it up with cut and paste tags. Need to sort through them at some point and sort the tags etc out.

dinoman
8th-April-2008, 11:32 PM
does anyone know when this movie id due to be released at all???:nice:

Rhythm King
10th-May-2008, 07:09 PM
I saw the trailer last month, the dancing looks fantastic and the story doesn't look too shabby either, unlike like many so dance films. It has stars one has heard off too, like Billy Zane and Amy Smart.

It is due out in the States in the late Autumn, and will hopefully be out over here around Xmas.

Still no trailer on the web site yet . . .

KatieR
11th-May-2008, 11:53 PM
I saw the trailer last month, the dancing looks fantastic and the story doesn't look too shabby either, unlike like many so dance films. It has stars one has heard off too, like Billy Zane and Amy Smart.

It is due out in the States in the late Autumn, and will hopefully be out over here around Xmas.

Still no trailer on the web site yet . . .

I hope that it will be released in Australia, but somehow, I doubt it... grrrrrrr :mad:

NZ Monkey
12th-May-2008, 12:09 AM
I hope that it will be released in Australia, but somehow, I doubt it... grrrrrrr :mad:I have a feeling this movie is going to be obscure enough that getting a hold of in any format at all will prove to be challenging if it isn't released (legally) down under.

KatieR
12th-May-2008, 03:27 AM
I have a feeling this movie is going to be obscure enough that getting a hold of in any format at all will prove to be challenging if it isn't released (legally) down under.

So, does anyone in the UK or US feel like sneaking into a cinema with a handycam?? :whistle:

FoxyFunkster
12th-May-2008, 08:40 AM
does anyone know when this movie id due to be released at all???:nice:

They are having problems finding someone to distribute the film.....i`m led to believe things are on hold.....shame!

Rhythm King
12th-May-2008, 08:59 PM
Wonder if it'll come out on DVD then?

Caro
12th-May-2008, 09:03 PM
They are having problems finding someone to distribute the film.....i`m led to believe things are on hold.....shame!

I thought they had distributers in the UK ? :confused:
Also I understood that the movie was going to be presented (outside of official selection) at Cannes ?

Caro
17th-September-2008, 07:57 PM
Well apparently the Love'n'dancing is going to be released on march 6th !!!
yay! :clap:

can't wait to see it !!!

Rhythm King
19th-September-2008, 02:10 AM
Here's the first poster I've seen for it! :yum:

Caro
19th-September-2008, 09:51 AM

HOT !!!!! :drool:

robd
19th-September-2008, 10:42 AM

Hmm, how many people dance West Coast in a skirt like that? :rolleyes:

Lynn
20th-September-2008, 05:59 AM
Hmm, how many people dance West Coast in a skirt like that? :rolleyes:That was my first thought too!

HelenB
20th-September-2008, 09:25 AM
You might not have to wait that long...

just spotted in the Radio Times this is being shown today on Sky Movies Premiere at 4pm :D

Which I don't have :(

If someone does record it, feel free to remember who told you it was on.... :whistle:

Cruella
20th-September-2008, 12:03 PM

just spotted in the Radio Times this is being shown today on Sky Movies Premiere at 4pm :D

If someone does record it, feel free to remember who told you it was on.... :whistle:

So it is!!!
Bugger I have sky, but that's not included in my package! :tears:

Dottie
20th-September-2008, 12:35 PM
Just checked with my Dad and he gets Sky Movies Premier so he is going to record it for me.:clap::clap::clap:

Cruella
20th-September-2008, 01:03 PM
My neighbour is recording it for me on their sky box, only problem is that means I have to go over to their place to watch it. :rolleyes:

Lory
20th-September-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for letting us know helen:cheers:

I'm going to record it but, it'll be on my sky box, so you'd have to come here, to watch it :o

Cruella
20th-September-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for letting us know helen:cheers:

I'm going to record it but, it'll be on my sky box, so you'd have to come here, to watch it :o

:clap: Party at Lory's after Twisted! :whistle:

robd
20th-September-2008, 02:27 PM

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Tell Steve to get the beers in Lory :wink:

Chicklet
20th-September-2008, 03:37 PM

:confused: I have been searching the Sky Website for a while trying to find it and can't see it being on at 4pm at all??
In fact they don't even know what length or certificate it is...
Am I being really dumb??
ta

Dottie
20th-September-2008, 03:45 PM
:confused: I have been searching the Sky Website for a while trying to find it and can't see it being on at 4pm at all??
In fact they don't even know what length or certificate it is...
Am I being really dumb??
ta

this is the link - scroll down to today's date but you are right they do not have time listed but apparently in tv guides as 4pm

skymovies.com (http://www.skymovies.com/skymovies/article/0,,80983-1321237,00.html)

Dottie
20th-September-2008, 03:58 PM
If you miss the 4PM start it is also on at 5PM on Sky Movies Premier +1.

Groovy Dancer
20th-September-2008, 04:14 PM

Watching it now:popcorn: !!..saw some cool moves!!:clap:

HelenB
20th-September-2008, 04:45 PM
Watching it now:popcorn: !!..saw some cool moves!!

:tears::tears::tears:

Not fair

I can't believe I told everyone it was on and now can't watch it myself :( Someone, PLEASE record it for me :flower:

Lory
20th-September-2008, 05:32 PM
OMG, this has to be the cheesiest film EVER! :worthy::yeah:

Loved it! :clap: :D:clap:

Groovy Dancer
20th-September-2008, 05:59 PM
OMG, this has to be the cheesiest film EVER!
Loved it! :clap: :D:clap:

Bit of cheese yes:lol: But you get to see the 'pros' dance!! Watched the ending on sky premiere and the beginning on sky premiere 2:popcorn:

I think I picked up some moves...:lol:

Lory
20th-September-2008, 06:07 PM
I think I picked up some moves...:lol:

Ooooh I can't wait! :D

I've been practising the 'swanky walk' :waycool: :lol:

Chicklet
20th-September-2008, 07:34 PM
little brother to the rescue!
he's got it, but says I can have it for x-mas :tantrum:

Caro
20th-September-2008, 10:31 PM
Not fair

I can't believe I told everyone it was on and now can't watch it myself
Someone, PLEASE record it for me

I want to see it too !!!!
I'm gutted gutted gutted I don't have sky!!!
:tears::tantrum::tears::tears::tantrum::tears:

Groovy Dancer
21st-September-2008, 01:05 PM
:[QUOTE=Caro;501139]I want to see it too !!!!
I'm gutted gutted gutted I don't have sky!!!
QUOTE]

:popcorn::popcorn:
I can watch it everyday this week!!:na:
::clap::worthy::lol:

Rhythm King
21st-September-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't have Sky and I want to see it too! :tantrum::banghead::tantrum:

sway
21st-September-2008, 09:31 PM
just watched it cheese

it was cool, will watch it again to try and pick up some moves

DD+
22nd-September-2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if its on again? I missed it:doh:

Groovy Dancer
22nd-September-2008, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know if its on again? I missed it:doh:

It will be showing all week till friday on sky movies premiere..usually in the afternoons.:popcorn::flower:

drathzel
23rd-September-2008, 01:11 AM
I saved it on sky plus and watched it when jake went home tonight. I enjoyed it, it even made me put my bead work down so i could watch the dancing!

Minnie M
27th-September-2008, 02:15 PM
Just watched it :popcorn: boooooooooooooooooring ............

BUT the dancing was fab !!! Loved the J & T routine and Benji was amaziiiiiiiiiiiiig.

and Billy Zane was dreamy :blush:

Spinmaster
27th-September-2008, 05:01 PM
Great Dancing - Poor acting

Cruella
28th-September-2008, 02:07 PM
I enjoyed the dancing but the storyline was the usual predictable love story. :sleep:
Nice to see some familiar faces, who were the couple dancing in the comp at the beginning, he had a beard and she had dark hair, a little older than the other couples? Loved J & T's routine with the scarf, wonder how many times she nearly strangled herself working out that routine!

Minnie M
28th-September-2008, 02:19 PM
It reminded me of the TV prog I went on (with many others including Lory) they asked for dancers (and we got paid) fab day out too ! I was dancing with David Barker :respect:

I am sure they approached the local WCS scene and asked the same for background dancers - I recognised quite a few.

I suppose they needed a backgound love story, in order to call it a 'film' :whistle:

How did the 'deaf' guy 'hear' people in the audience, surely you can't read at that distance, especially when the spotlight is on you :doh:
AND........ How amazing was it that she learnt WCS so well that she could compete against Jordan & Tat only after a couple of months........ amazing :whistle:

Lory
28th-September-2008, 04:58 PM
It reminded me of the TV prog I went on (with many others including Lory) they asked for dancers (and we got paid) fab day out too ! Thanks for the memory... brilliant day!

How did the 'deaf' guy 'hear' people in the audience, surely you can't read at that distance,
:yeah:How come he was chatting on the phone for ages too? :confused: And why did she feel as though, he was shutting his partner out, cos he didn't turn his hearing aid on, was she chatting through out the dance then...

Oh dear.. We just :Dhave to keep telling ourselves. ITS ONLY A FILM, OK?! :WetHaddock:

Minnie M
28th-September-2008, 05:03 PM
...........Oh dear.. We just :Dhave to keep telling ourselves. ITS ONLY A FILM, OK?! :WetHaddock:

:lol:

Wish I knew how to fast forward on my computer, so I only saw the dancing bits (which were great :worthy:)

FunkyAngel
29th-September-2008, 08:11 PM
Just watched it :popcorn: boooooooooooooooooring ............

So has anyone been able to record it? I would really like to get a copy - firstly I'd like to see it and also for someone who is in it who wants to get his hands on a copy and it's not out in the States yet.

Can anybody help? Obviously happy to pay postage etc and can promise eternal gratitude...or chocolate if that works better :wink:

FunkyAngel