Caberets - unexpected and amazing :clap: :clap: :clap:

Huge thanks for the leaders who put up with my attempts at following :blush:

Now to head to BB to try and get my wcs to a recognisable format :sick: :sad:

:worthy: to all who were there.

robd
18th-August-2007, 09:07 AM
WCS PARTY GREAT NIGHT :respect: :respect:

:yeah:

Floor was nice and smooth though the popularity of the night meant it was a bit of a squeeze at times. Good music throughout (I think this is one of the things I like best about WCS events) and even an unexpected extension to the evening giving us that little bit more social.

Amazingly high standard of Jack & Jill :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :flower:

:yeah:
I was disappointed not to make the first cut but then I looked around the floor in the next round and thought there were only a couple of leaders I would have argued that I should have been out there in place of. I had 2 enjoyable dances in the first round and will definitely book for the JnJ at Weston next year. Well done Simon, a worthy winner once again :respect:

Mary
18th-August-2007, 11:03 AM
The WCS 2nd anniversary party last night was IMO a huge success. Cat is a born organiser and now she seems a nutural at compere-ing as well. I think it's fairly safe to say that WCS has 'arrived' in the UK. Loads of great dancers there last night, buzzing atmosphere, some great music, amazing cabarets, and very high standard of J & J.

I just have to really put some serious WCS hours in now - I have fallen WAY behind. :tears: Not that I was particularly 'up' there in the first place but you know what I mean.

Well done Cat - she really knows how to put on an event. :respect:

M

Caro
18th-August-2007, 11:06 AM
Great to hear some reviews of the WCS party yesterday :clap:

So who won and placed in the J'nJ then? How about the other awards etc ?

Come on, I want to know everything :D

robd
18th-August-2007, 01:07 PM
Great to hear some reviews of the WCS party yesterday :clap:

So who won and placed in the J'nJ then? How about the other awards etc ?

Come on, I want to know everything :D

Everything? Even the capital of Peru?

1st - Simon Bowker & ????
2nd - Geordieed & Kirsty Jelen
3rd - Paul Harris & Rachel Martino

Apparently they needed a judge's casting vote to separate 1st and 2nd

Favourite Female - SpikeyBlond
Favourite Male - KevF

Most Improved Female - Christine
Most Improved Male - Gerry

Simon
18th-August-2007, 01:52 PM
1st - Simon Bowker & ????
Jaq Taylor from up North (think she runs jive and WCS events in and around the Manchester and Leeds areas through an independent called 8BeatFusion).

Also (I think!):
4th place: Dawn Richardson (from Bath) & Glen Ball
5th place: Manal & Kev F
6th place: Carron & Ollie

plus Glen Roy won a prize for most regular attender at Cat's classes.

Top night. :waycool: :clap: Bed at 3.30am. :tears:

robd
18th-August-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes, I did wonder if I should have listed those outside the top 3 after I posted. Having said that, if I had got to the final and come last I think I'd rather not know and delude myself that I may have been 4th :rolleyes:

I also thought it would have been nice to have rotated the partners in the final given that you got 3 tracks together but maybe that's just my opinion.

Bed at 3.30 for me too and then into work today :( Spare a thought for Paul H tho - in at 3, up at 5.30 for work :what: - I feel like I got a lie-in compared to that :grin:

Caro
18th-August-2007, 02:08 PM
Well done all :respect: , I really wished I had been there now :tears:

I'm at work too (can you tell :whistle: ) but had a good night sleep, as I didn't stay too late at the Aberdeen party yesterday (was just tired of swinging all day - talking golf (work team stuff) not dancing for once :really: ) but I really enjoyed Yvonne's music, it was as good as it could be for a regular monthly ceroc party :flower:

Oh, and Wuzzle.... please stop thinking I'm using you as a pole now :wink:

Cruella
18th-August-2007, 02:10 PM
I was a bit concerned when I first arrived, as I am very stale when it comes to my WCS. I thought i'd spend most of the evening enjoying watching the more experienced. But I must say, after I'd watched the first rounds of the J&J, I had some fabulous dances and they gave me my confidence back to carry on dancing for the rest of the night. I really enjoyed the music and the warm (in more ways than one) atmosphere. The line dancing class was cool, I actually managed to do it without getting confused when we changed direction!:clap: Well done to Cat and everyone involved for a great night. :flower:

Cruella
18th-August-2007, 02:11 PM
Spare a thought for Paul H tho - in at 3, up at 5.30 for work :what: - I feel like I got a lie-in compared to that :grin:

Yeah, but he did get his usual 2 hours sleep on the way home.:rolleyes:

Minnie M
18th-August-2007, 02:45 PM
Jaq Taylor from up North (think she runs jive and WCS events in and around the Manchester and Leeds areas through an independent called 8BeatFusion).

Also (I think!):
4th place: Dawn Richardson (from Bath) & Glen Ball
5th place: Manal & Kev F
6th place: Carron & Ollie

plus Glen Roy won a prize for most regular attender at Cat's classes.

Top night. :waycool: :clap: Bed at 3.30am. :tears:

:respect: well done to all :respect:

Lory
18th-August-2007, 04:08 PM
:respect: well done to all :respect:

:yeah: :hug:

Paul F
18th-August-2007, 04:35 PM
Well done to everyone who took part and to Simon for another victory :clap:

I would love to have been there but I ended up with a BIG hangover on Friday. Was forced to get up at 8am to go shooting as a works team building thing :sick:

johnnyman
20th-August-2007, 07:54 AM
I was in the Jack and Jill, my second after the Weston Jive Addiction, and in all intents and purposes in the competition itself was about as basic a dancer as you can get. Barrel and tandem turns are my next priority in styling. Occasionally on the night I did get it right.:wink:

The usual entrants were there and it was good to see so many familiar faces at the event, even though I had to leave about 10.45pm to catch my train back to Waterloo. Still it was meant to be fun.

The upside is that I can only get better. I am more comfortable with the concept than I was a year ago and hopefully after Boogie by the Bay I can come back to the classes with more vigour and determination.

Here's to Southport

best
johnnyman

robd
20th-August-2007, 09:10 AM
Still it was meant to be fun.

It was meant to be fun and it was fun but on reflection I believe it should have been free entry (or token entry fee) and no cash prizes. I don't think that anyone did not enter who would otherwise have done so because of the entry fee (i.e it didn't help to limit numbers and keep the comp manageable) but also that those who did enter and did win money would still have entered even if the only prize was the kudos of success. A 'for fun' competition and cash prizes (of reasonable if not significant sizes) seem uneasy partners for me.

FoxyFunkster
20th-August-2007, 02:24 PM
It was meant to be fun and it was fun but on reflection I believe it should have been free entry (or token entry fee) and no cash prizes. I don't think that anyone did not enter who would otherwise have done so because of the entry fee (i.e it didn't help to limit numbers and keep the comp manageable) but also that those who did enter and did win money would still have entered even if the only prize was the kudos of success. A 'for fun' competition and cash prizes (of reasonable if not significant sizes) seem uneasy partners for me.

I`d agree with you Rob however after speaking to Cat on sunday she was distraught when she found out that she only made a 29p profit on the night!!!! but in principle i do agree, any thoughts on the venue by the way anyone????