PDA

View Full Version : Hipsters invaded by dire dancing

Dreadful Scathe
27th-August-2003, 06:32 PM
News - Yesterday

Hipsters, a popular dance venue among the hip 'n happening of Londons Jive scene, was invaded by a blue and white army of one (and NO....Smurfs do NOT support Man City) and impressed with (but not by) some extremely mediocre dancing.

One regular called Alison said, 'the Smurf wasn't that bad really ' but the vast majority of partners and innocent bystanders commented "sucked. big time. sucky!". One nameless individual who shall remain nameless, simply said "bleh!".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

....still nice to meet some of you, my next venue will be Uxbridge on Thursday as long as i can figure how to get there from Reading without travelling round the whole of London first - and to think someone people who live here rely on public transport :what:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
27th-August-2003, 08:48 PM
poooor smurf, I'm sure u were great.... cease this self-deprication at once!

was mrs smurf there too? do you think it would it be worth the trip just to go to london for hipsters, or is it over-rated? :rolleyes: :confused: :(

TheTramp
27th-August-2003, 09:21 PM
Yeah. From what I've heard, the people at Hipsters last night enjoyed dancing with you DS. Leave the self-deprecation to me!! :wink:

And a trip from 'somewhere near Falkirk' to London, just to go for a dance?!? You obviously have too much time and money on your hands Mr.Fox!!

Steve

Pammy
28th-August-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
....still nice to meet some of you, my next venue will be Uxbridge on Thursday as long as i can figure how to get there from Reading

Great to meet you too, DS. It's great to put names to faces, or should that be faces to names :confused:

Anyway, see you later at Uxbridge I hope. You'll get to meet Billco's wife Becky who does a fab class there :grin:

Over and out for now.

Pammy x

Rachel
2nd-September-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey DS! How about a full report on your week down south ... Where did you go? What did you think of the venues? Did you make it to Uxbridge and Reading in the end? Did you think Hipsters lived up to its reputation? Hope work didn't get in the way of dancing too much? Are you due for another visit sometime? Are you bringing Fi with you next time? (I'd love some more dances if/when we next meet up.)
Rachel

Mary
2nd-September-2003, 09:38 PM
If you are coming to Uxbridge on Thursday get Pammy to introduce us. Different to Hipsters but I hope you find it friendly. :wink:

If you are in Reading make sure you come to Twyford on Saturday (6th) - Sugar Shack. Promises to be a great night with all sorts of notable dancers there. It also has the best floor I have ever danced on. PM me if you want directions.:na:

Mary

Mary
2nd-September-2003, 09:43 PM
Sorry DS - just noticed date of original post!:blush: :blush:

Missed you at both Hipsters and Uxbridge as we were at Beach Boogie :rolleyes:

Hope to get the chance some other time.

Mary

TheTramp
3rd-September-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Mary
If you are in Reading make sure you come to Twyford on Saturday (6th) - Sugar Shack. Promises to be a great night with all sorts of notable dancers there. It also has the best floor I have ever danced on. PM me if you want directions.:na: I'll be there. Save me a dance :D

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-September-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Hey DS! How about a full report on your week down south ... Where did you go? What did you think of the venues? Did you make it to Uxbridge and Reading in the end? Did you think Hipsters lived up to its reputation? Hope work didn't get in the way of dancing too much? Are you due for another visit sometime? Are you bringing Fi with you next time? (I'd love some more dances if/when we next meet up.)
Rachel

Hipsters was great, slightly different music than what i'm used to but good fun nonetheless. Decided Uxbridge was too far to travel - would have been ok with a car but not public transport - lucky i didnt try it as this was the night of the power cut :). Im down there a lot less nowadays, next time will be beginning of October. Venues Ive been to in the past : Jive Bar (i was almost a regular for a while), Ashtons and about another 3 i cant remember the name of :) oh and Reading once :). Fi only gets school holidays so its unlikely that we'll make things together.

Mary
3rd-September-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I'll be there. Save me a dance :D

Steve
Sure will - I'll save you lots (of dances that is):wink: But I think I'll have to fight Billco for you.:na: Followed by Pammy, and everyone else queuing up.:tears:

Mary