PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

Gadget
10th-August-2007, 01:43 PM
This is really beginning to irk me...

I needed to add a new URL into my syg for the last workshop thingie... can't do it because it only allows X charicters in syg. OK

Trim down code, use minimal URL's and formatting to get it within this limit... can't do it because it's over 3 lines long. OK

I'll create a thread with the links in it and change my link to just the poem...
Find that it's three screen lines long - page breaks and carrage returns don't really mean anything; if the text wraps onto another line, it's another line. OK

I'll create an image with the poem on it and use that: Image must be xMb or X by Y in size...Images under the limit but X by Y are squished to X by Y. OK

I'll animate the text so that the verses scroll... Animated images are not allowed.

Take out the animation and shrink to just readable... still get the animated message: work out that it's because I've set the background transparent in a GIF.

Fix that, I can now upload the image, but can't use [img] or html tags within the syg to actually use it!!

AAAAAAaaarg! :tears:

Help? Please?

ducasi
10th-August-2007, 10:25 PM
You could use tinyurl.com to make the URLs smaller?

You used to only have the two lines of the poem...

Gadget
13th-August-2007, 05:40 PM
I can cut them down to as small as Tinyurl does anyway,... and I've added another verse :blush: :D

Beowulf
13th-August-2007, 11:38 PM
I can cut them down to as small as Tinyurl does anyway,... and I've added another verse :blush: :D

have you spelt it correctly this time ??
:wink:

Sparkles
14th-August-2007, 12:02 PM
Some people have sigs much longer than 3 lines long - I guess that's because they had them before the rules changed and haven't changed their sig since...?

Gadget
14th-August-2007, 01:00 PM
Yup - me. :whistle:

I am happy to reduce the size of it, but I can't do anything clever like wot I would like to because I can't use html or images. There is a hack/patch that allows you to use a [sygimage] tag in the software - that would be handy.
Otherwise you may as well get rid of the 'upload' bit on the "edit syg" page because you can't use the image you upload!!

Beowulf
17th-August-2007, 10:01 AM
Some people have sigs much longer than 3 lines long

Yup - me. :whistle:

Well Sorry gadget, but I rarely see your sig anyway as I have view signatures and view Avatars turned off. :)

But then I already know how cool your tutorials are ;) :respect:

:wink: