PDA

View Full Version : Vegas, Glasgow, 23 August

Jayne
20th-August-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone in the Glasgow area will be coming along to Vegas this weekend?

It's at the Renfrew Ferry from 9.30 till two & it's usually a good night! (oh and a great excuse to dress up!!!) Entry fee is 8 shiny gold nuggets, 6 for the fabulously dressed.

More info (& photos! :what: ) here (http://www.vegasscotland.com)

Hope to see some friendly faces.... :pleading puppy dog eyes:

J :nice:

Dave Hancock
20th-August-2003, 10:56 AM
I'll try and get along (family circumstances permitting) and look forward to it. Been to an Aberdeen Vegas night and it was fabby so hope that the Glasgow equivalent is as good. Would be nice if we get a few dancers along as the music was fabby the last one I went to and great to dance to.

Quick question though, where is the Renfrew Ferry????

Jayne
20th-August-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Quick question though, where is the Renfrew Ferry????
Some people need everything doing for them...

It's on Clyde place, see here (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=258250&y=664750&z=1&sv=258250,664750&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf). It's in the middle of the map (top to bottom) and slightly to the right of centre. The road runs along the south side of the river. Th Ferry is at the bend when the road goes away from the river and heads south...

Clear?

Graham
20th-August-2003, 11:57 AM
Jayne, you muppet - you missed the chance to tell him it was in Renfrew! What a laugh we could all have had about poor Scooby traipsing round asking for the ferry!

Dave Hancock
20th-August-2003, 12:04 PM
G Man, that's not nice, no crocodiles for you tonight:mad:

Jayne
20th-August-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Jayne, you muppet - you missed the chance to tell him it was in Renfrew! What a laugh we could all have had about poor Scooby traipsing round asking for the ferry!
Just between you and me Graham, I spoke to Scooby last night and he DID ask if it was in Renfrew...

...but that's just between me & you!

J :wink:

Dave Hancock
20th-August-2003, 12:08 PM
Was just winding you up though JD, can't fool such a worldly man as myself:D

Franck
20th-August-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Been to an Aberdeen Vegas night and it was fabby so hope that the Glasgow equivalent is as good. Would be nice if we get a few dancers along as the music was fabby the last one I went to and great to dance to.

Quick question though, where is the Renfrew Ferry???? Yeah, Vegas nights are brilliant and I really enjoyed the Aberdeen one too...
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one as it is the Aberdeen party this week-end :nice:

Re. the Ferry, is that their regular venue? I seem to remember that the floor is curved :really: which makes it very hard to dance / spin on, something to do with being a boat :D
We had a big Charity Ceroc dance there once and I wouldn't have used it again because of that. Have they changed the floor?

Franck.

Jayne
20th-August-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Re. the Ferry, is that their regular venue? I seem to remember that the floor is curved :really: which makes it very hard to dance / spin on, something to do with being a boat :D
We had a big Charity Ceroc dance there once and I wouldn't have used it again because of that. Have they changed the floor?

Aye the ferry is their regular venue. The floor is "interesting" to dance on. In places a wee bit bumpy, curved in others, smooth in some, rough in others... but at least the planks are about 12" wide so if you find a good one you can spin on it easily. It gets even more interesting if you consume alcohol first.... :what: It gets busy later on though so there's no room to dance down there....

The floor upstairs is laminated and that's great for dancing on - but you need to be careful about getting in the way as it's only a balcony around the edge of the venue...

I wouldn't recommend it for a ceroc night but for vegas it's fine.

michael
20th-August-2003, 03:56 PM
Sounds interesting, if we get there kinda early. How many have we got going then. I might be able to bring along another dancer (female) provided she helps me with some moves (Dancing moves) before i go. The music sounds just great to dance to. :D

Oh nooooo another Saturday opportunity gone. Me thinks god has done this to convert me to the priesthood:sick: