PDA

View Full Version : Brighton

John S
19th-August-2003, 08:13 PM
A work colleague of mine has asked me to find out if there's any weekly Ceroc (or similar) dance classes in Brighton, which is where she lives. Can anyone help, as I've drawn a blank on the Ceroc HQ web pages.

(I know there's also the regular-ish Stomping weekend events, but have lost their website - not doing very well, am I????)

Lou
19th-August-2003, 10:58 PM
Try http://www.lerocdance.co.uk/ :wink: It's quite similar to Ceroc! :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
19th-August-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Lou
:wink: It's quite similar to Ceroc! :rofl:

'cept all the teachers wear bandanas :waycool:

John S
19th-August-2003, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Lou - that was really helpful.:)

Only problem with the website is that they have photos of The Tramp in the picture gallery!!!!:(
:cheers:

Lou
19th-August-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by John S
Only problem with the website is that they have photos of The Tramp in the picture gallery!!!!:( :rolleyes: :sorry Sorry! I forgot to check!

TheTramp
20th-August-2003, 12:36 AM
They do??????

Steve

TheTramp
20th-August-2003, 12:38 AM
There are several organisations in Brighton that teach modern jive John.

Grab me next time we're at a dance, and I'll give you the low down (I'm too tired to type it all out now!!)

Steve

Sheepman
20th-August-2003, 02:17 PM
See also www.jules-jive.co.uk (http://www.jules-jive.co.uk) they have lots of regular nights nearby, and monthly Saturday night dances.

Greg

John S
20th-August-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Grab me next time we're at a dance

:what: :what:

Andy McGregor
22nd-August-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by John S
A work colleague of mine has asked me to find out if there's any weekly Ceroc (or similar) dance classes in Brighton, which is where she lives. Can anyone help, as I've drawn a blank on the Ceroc HQ web pages.

(I know there's also the regular-ish Stomping weekend events, but have lost their website - not doing very well, am I????)

I've only just noticed this thread, sorry.

Currently the Brighton area line up is as follows;

Monday - City Gate Centre, London Rd, Brighton 7.30pm
Lancing Parish Hall, South St, Lancing 7.30.

Tuesday - Dorking Halls, Dorking. 8.00pm
The Shoreham Centre, Pond Rd, Shoreham 7.30.
City Gate Centre, London Rd, Brighton 7.30pm

Wednesday - Horsham (Ceroc), Broadbridge Heath Village Centre 8.00pm.
Hurstpierpoint, The Village Centre 7.30 (I think?)
Worthing - The Assembly Rooms, Behind the Town Hall. 7.30

Thursday - The Shoreham Centre, Pond Rd, Shoreham 7.30.

Friday - The Civic Hall, Crawley. 8.00
The Town Hall, Eastbourne 7.30

If you'd like more details please pm me and I'll fill you in.

Also, there is a strong rumour that Adam from Ceroc Metro will be opening more than one night in the area in October.:D

Sheepman
22nd-August-2003, 01:29 PM
Does this mean that Dave and Lynn don't do Thursday's at Broadbridge Heath any more? (It is about 6 years since I was there)

Greg

Andy McGregor
22nd-August-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Does this mean that Dave and Lynn don't do Thursday's at Broadbridge Heath any more? (It is about 6 years since I was there)

Greg

Oops!

I've never been so it's slipped my mind. As far as I've heard it's still going.

Lounge Lizard
25th-August-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
'cept all the teachers wear bandanas :waycool:

Not all - Just the one

Jules Jive or Hurstpierpoint are the best ones near Brighton
Hope Adam does come down here.
p

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Not all - Just the one

Nah! Have to disagree Peter, Rab who used to teach Leroc up here always wears a bandana.
What's the name of the bloke from Wales, isn't he a leroc teacher - Em? Mark Wilson :confused: he always wears one too.:wink:

Lounge Lizard
26th-August-2003, 07:03 AM
Nah! Have to disagree Peter, Rab who used to teach Leroc up here always wears a bandana.
What's the name of the bloke from Wales, isn't he a leroc teacher - Em? Mark Wilson :confused: he always wears one too.:wink:

sorry, thought you were talking about Brighton teachers.

I'm away at Beach Boogie today, will I C U on the 6th in Glasow?

Andy McGregor
26th-August-2003, 09:58 AM
Jules Jive or Hurstpierpoint are the best ones near Brighton
Hope Adam does come down here.
p

Jules Jive in Lancing on a Monday and in Worthing on a Wednesday are worth a visit - both nights have a good number of dancers, both experienced and beginners. Mondays are good and I go to them as often as I go anywhere. But I've stopped going to the Wednesdays - they have smoking in the bar and the smoke/smell blows through open doors onto the dance floor :sick: (I also don't go to his dances at the King Alfred because he has smoking on the balcony above the dance floor) See the tread 'Dancing and Smoking don't Mix' for my rationale for this stand I'm taking. If you don't mind the occasional whif of smoke Wednesdays in Worthing are good.

LL is a bit out of date. I've heard Hurstpierpoint is currently quiet as the usual Wednesday crowd have migrated to Worthing - but as I don't go to either I can't confirm it. Though there is no smoking:devil:

And on the 'Adam coming down here' front, I've heard much but seen nothing written down. Come on Adam, let us know when you're starting so we can tell people:D :D :D

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2003, 10:38 PM
sorry, thought you were talking about Brighton teachers.

Don't know any Brighton teachers - my observation is merely founded on the fact that every leroc teacher I've met wears a bandana :wink:

I'm away at Beach Boogie today, will I C U on the 6th in Glasow?

Ooh you lucky thing - well you'll be amongst friends with Brady, Sherwin, Steven, Irene, Linda and Lisa to name but a few.
The 6th sounds very tempting - I hope so :kiss:

Lounge Lizard
31st-August-2003, 04:28 PM
Ooh you lucky thing - well you'll be amongst friends with Brady, Sherwin, Steven, Irene, Linda and Lisa to name but a few.
The 6th sounds very tempting - I hope so :kiss:

Great time at BB, Brady was runner up in Blues comp and Linda is great fun to dance with - The Saturday dance was bril, we stopped dancing 6.20am (Sunday).
p

Tiggerbabe
31st-August-2003, 05:58 PM
Great time at BB, Brady was runner up in Blues comp....

Huge congratulations to Brady and Wendy :kiss: :hug: - especially as I believe Wendy's been unwell for most of her time there :sick:

...... we stopped dancing 6.20am (Sunday).

Why?

Lounge Lizard
31st-August-2003, 06:47 PM
Huge congratulations to Brady and Wendy :kiss: :hug: - especially as I believe Wendy's been unwell for most of her time there :sick:

[b]

Why?

had to catch ferry home.

Andy McGregor
31st-August-2003, 10:54 PM
The Saturday dance was bril, we stopped dancing 6.20am (Sunday).
p

Why?

We were tricked :really:

At sime time well past 5am JB said good night, go back to your chalets...

After about 5 mins of negotiation JB was persuaded to play 'just another 2 tracks'. The last one was 'Hit the Road Jack' and then the music stopped. I thought that was it, changed my shoes, kissed everyone goodnight and just as I was going towards the door I heard the music start up again...

But by then my dancing feet had sent me a message. I'd danced all night and done the Blues in a tight fitting dress that rode up too much :blush:

Only people like LL who'd spent the night judging and generally waiting to be last to leave rushed back onto the floor:devil:

TheTramp
31st-August-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
and done the Blues in a tight fitting dress that rode up too much :blush: This was WAY too much information.

And not a mental picture that I want to take to bed with me either :tears:

Steve

Lounge Lizard
31st-August-2003, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy McGregor
[B]We were tricked :really:
Only people like LL who'd spent the night judging and generally waiting to be last to leave rushed back onto the floor

I was in good company - Joseph, Asif, Greg, Brady, Linda, Russell etc.

Andy McGregor
1st-September-2003, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andy McGregor
[B]We were tricked :really:
Only people like LL who'd spent the night judging and generally waiting to be last to leave rushed back onto the floor

I was in good company - Joseph, Asif, Greg, Brady, Linda, Russell etc.

I was just making excuses. I'm a lightweight and needed to be in bed before 6am:wink:

TheTramp
1st-September-2003, 09:03 AM
I was in good company - Joseph, Asif, Greg, Brady, Linda, Russell etc. Sorry Peter. But I don't think that this is particularly good (dance) company.

Well, okie, I've danced with Joseph, Asif and Brady before. But to have 6 of you fighting over one Linda isn't good at all!! :D

Steve

Lounge Lizard
1st-September-2003, 09:56 AM
Sorry Peter. But I don't think that this is particularly good (dance) company.

Well, okie, I've danced with Joseph, Asif and Brady before. But to have 6 of you fighting over one Linda isn't good at all!! :D

Steve

and she said no to ALL of us!!!

I dont know names of the other ladies

Sheepman
3rd-September-2003, 01:44 PM
and she said no to ALL of us!!!

She refused us all dances as well! ;) We'd worn her out, poor wee lamb. So the reason for the 6:20 finish was 'cos we ran out of ladies, though I did have a nice dance with Bill.

Greg

cerocmetro
10th-September-2003, 05:51 PM
And on the 'Adam coming down here' front, I've heard much but seen nothing written down. Come on Adam, let us know when you're starting so we can tell people:D :D :D

Ok here goes, we open in Brighton on Sunday 19th October at the Shoreham Centre. I will be teaching initially, we hope to have many guest teachers and DJ's including Jon Brett. Ben Borrego and Alina Harncorn once fully trained will be the resident teachers. We hope to have two night going very quickly. There will be more information coming soon. We are just now organising busking, local promotions etc. If anyone lives in the area and is interetsed in becoming part of the team, please let me know. Taxi dancers, buskers, venue crew etc. PM or email ceroc@hotmail.com

Look forward to seeing some of you there or at the Jive Masters final in a couple of weeks.

Adam

Tiggerbabe
10th-September-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by cerocmetro
Ben Borrego and Alina Harncorn once fully trained will be the resident teachers. ....................................If anyone lives in the area and is interested in becoming part of the team, please let me know. Adam

Is this Ben that was dancing in the champs with the ripped jeans - he and his partner were awesome IMHO :drool:

Adam - Monifieth is really, really close to Brighton :wink: although I might just struggle to get there for 7pm :D

Lounge Lizard
10th-September-2003, 10:37 PM
Is this Ben that was dancing in the champs with the ripped jeans - he and his partner were awesome IMHO :drool:

yes and Alina is my partner on the drops dvd and Latin Lover routine we performed at Blackpool.
peter

cerocmetro
11th-September-2003, 12:17 AM
:D

Yes it is, but we might need to buy him a new pair of jeans. :)

Adam

Tiggerbabe
11th-September-2003, 12:59 AM
Yes it is, but we might need to buy him a new pair of jeans. :)

Adam

Nah - those ripped ones looked just fine to me :drool:

Andy McGregor
29th-September-2003, 02:26 PM
Ok here goes, we open in Brighton on Sunday 19th October at the Shoreham Centre. I will be teaching initially, we hope to have many guest teachers and DJ's including Jon Brett. Ben Borrego and Alina Harncorn once fully trained will be the resident teachers. We hope to have two nights going very quickly. There will be more information coming soon. We are just now organising busking, local promotions etc. If anyone lives in the area and is interetsed in becoming part of the team, please let me know. Taxi dancers, buskers, venue crew etc. PM or email ceroc@hotmail.comAdam

Well, it's less than 3 weeks until this class opens. And it can't come too soon for us dancers in the Brighton area that roam the South East looking for somewhere that's busy with keen dancers.

Adam asked me if I could organise a local 'big knob' to attend on the opening night. I've just had confirmation that our local MP Tim Loughton, Shadow Health Minister will be coming with his wife Liza. I suppose this just goes to show how healthy Ceroc is:waycool:

I've promised Tim that it will be a great night so I'm asking everyone - please come and help make sure it's brilliant:D

cerocmetro
30th-September-2003, 12:34 PM
Adam asked me if I could organise a local 'big knob' to attend on the opening night. I've just had confirmation that our local MP Tim Loughton, Shadow Health Minister will be coming with his wife Liza. I suppose this just goes to show how healthy Ceroc is:waycool:

I've promised Tim that it will be a great night so I'm asking everyone - please come and help make sure it's brilliant:D

Andy, this is great news and it is promising to be an awesome opening night.

If anyone comes from the Brighton area, we are looking now to take on crew, taxi dancers, helpers and buskers. If you are interested, please pm or email me ceroc@hotmail.com

Adam

Minnie M
30th-September-2003, 12:50 PM

If anyone comes from the Brighton area, we are looking now to take on crew, taxi dancers, helpers and buskers. If you are interested, please pm or email me ceroc@hotmail.com

Adam

Can the 'helpers' be beginners ?

cerocmetro
30th-September-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M

Beginners are more than welcome.

Many look at busking as just another chance to dance, which is exactly what it is, but it's free. You also get free drinks and if your lucky cakes afterwards. :wink:

Adam

TheTramp
30th-September-2003, 12:59 PM
Beginners are more than welcome. But I live so far away now :(

Steve

cerocmetro
30th-September-2003, 01:02 PM
But I live so far away now :( Mister I've danced all round the world, what's wrong with Brighton?:confused:

Adam

TheTramp
30th-September-2003, 01:04 PM
Mister I've danced all round the world, what's wrong with Brighton?:confused: Absolutely nothing. I always enjoyed dancing in Brighton, and I'm sure that it's just going to improve now.

But it is kinda a long round trip for a Sunday night now, especially since I'm a poor student!!

Steve

Andy McGregor
30th-September-2003, 01:16 PM

The Tramp is more than enough pretend beginners for one forum:devil:

Minnie M
30th-September-2003, 01:53 PM
Is the Tramp REALLY a beginner ? I find that hard to believe

Andy McGregor
30th-September-2003, 01:57 PM
Is the Tramp REALLY a beginner ? I find that hard to believe

It's probably a Zen thing :confused:

Lounge Lizard
30th-September-2003, 05:27 PM
But I live so far away now :(

Steve That's a result:grin:

Andy McGregor
30th-September-2003, 05:38 PM
That's a result:grin:

How about you Mr Lizard, will we see you dancing on a Sunday in Shoreham?

There are so many good dancers in the Brighton area, if we all agreed to go on the same night we'd have a fantastic time without a one hour drive at each end of it. Only last week I drove for nearly an hour to get to Croydon Ceroc and bumped into Chrys who lives about 2 miles from me! This kind of thing happens all the time - personally, I always go for the "Zaphod Beeblebrox rescues Arthur Dent from certain death in space" type of cool when I bump into Brighton dancers in distant venues.

TheTramp
1st-October-2003, 12:23 AM
That's a result:grin: Not for the poor people in Scotland. :tears:

Steve

Lounge Lizard
1st-October-2003, 09:24 AM
How about you Mr Lizard, will we see you dancing on a Sunday in Shoreham?

There are so many good dancers in the Brighton area, if we all agreed to go on the same night we'd have a fantastic time without a one hour drive at each end of it. Only last week I drove for nearly an hour to get to Croydon Ceroc and bumped into Chrys who lives about 2 miles from me! This kind of thing happens all the time - personally, I always go for the "Zaphod Beeblebrox rescues Arthur Dent from certain death in space" type of cool when I bump into Brighton dancers in distant venues.
Shoreham is nearly an hours drive for me.
I would love to be there to support Adam, Ben Alina but I am away for the weekend and dont get into gatwick until 22.00
My only free Sunday between now and december is 9th Nov
Peter

Minnie M
1st-October-2003, 09:08 PM
I was hoping the Brighton class would start last month as this month and next is full of dance weekenders and I am so looking forward to Ceroc coming to Sussex it is going to be so good for ALL of us

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE would you London dancers come and visit us - it only takes an hour by car (M25 and or M23) and you're there -or Victoria to Brighton in only 50 mins. Even if you only make it once a month we will make you most welcome !

Shoreham station is walking distance from the new venue

Minnie M
2nd-October-2003, 08:44 PM
Who's this 'Big Knob' who is gonna be at the openning night then?

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2003, 11:29 AM
Who's this 'Big Knob' who is gonna be at the openning night then?

I thought I'd already said this but I can always say it again. The VIP visitor will be the Tim Loughton. He is the Conservative MP for Shoreham and East Worthing. He is also Shadow Health Minister. He is a personal friend and will be bringing his wife Liza, is expecting to do the lesson and join in with the freestyle.

It would be nice if he learnt some new moves. The last time he danced with my wife Sue he had a new move he'd invented where he'd tied a large balloon to his chest and was trying to burst it by pulling Sue against it:really: It was funny to watch but an ineffective way of bursting balloons:devil:

Dance Demon
3rd-October-2003, 11:59 AM
Big Knob,...Innefective,.......Yep sounds like a Conservative MP to me.......:wink: :devil: :devil: :devil: :D

TheTramp
3rd-October-2003, 11:59 AM
Ooh. Andy. You name-dropper, you!! :devil: :rolleyes:

Steve

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Big Knob,...Innefective,.......Yep sounds like a Conservative MP to me.......:wink: :devil: :devil: :devil: :D

No politics please. I'd be typing all day.

p.s. If the first bit is true I'm in the wrong party:tears:

Franck
3rd-October-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm in the wrong party:tears: Surely that's self-evident?

Franck.

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Surely that's self-evident?

Franck.

I'm claiming it's been cold:blush:

Lounge Lizard
3rd-October-2003, 01:54 PM
I'd be typing all day. nothing new there then

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2003, 06:31 PM
nothing new there then

One of the few useful skills I have is being able to type. I learnt in the 6th form because, in 1974, typing was seen as something for girls and I thought I might meet some in the lesson. As it turned out I ended up in a class of boys who also had no social skills - so we learnt to type. The last time I was measured I was up to about 70wpm. And I think I'm faster now than I was then.

I can still remember in the early 80s when I sat at a secretaries desk and typed a letter - all the secretaries were amazed to see a man typing and made me their favourite manager - all the other managers though I was gay:wink: Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

(Franck, please amend the above bit with the correct French as I know I'm hopeless at languages)No problem Andy! Now done.

Anyway, to get back to Brighton for a bit. I'd love to see Ceroc succeed in our area as the dancing scene of late has stagnated a bit around here. I've always been willing to help anyone who's asked me so long as I thought it would improve the lot of local dancers. So, who's coming down for the first night of Ceroc?

Neil
4th-October-2003, 12:09 AM
Adam asked me if I could organise a local 'big knob' to attend on the opening night. To be pedantic, it's BIG NOB, not BIG KNOB (unless Andy knows something we don't :devil: )

Neil

Andy McGregor
4th-October-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Neil
To be pedantic, it's BIG NOB, not BIG KNOB (unless Andy knows something we don't :devil: )

Neil

I did use quotation marks as I was quoting Adam. I would not use either spelling as I wouldn't use these particular words to describe anyone - unless I wanted a double-entendre that I couldn't live up to:devil:

Minnie M
10th-October-2003, 10:22 AM
Is there going to be any busking for the new Ceroc Class in Brighton ??

If so please let me know where, I would like to join in