PDA

View Full Version : A philosophical poll

Graham
19th-August-2003, 01:31 PM
So who's your favourite?

Dave Hancock
19th-August-2003, 01:39 PM
Had to vote for the only one I know.
Nik I bow to your superior mind and can only hope that you continue to enlighten us mere mortals with your lessons and thoughts:D

Dreadful Scathe
19th-August-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
I bow to your superior mind and can only hope that you continue to enlighten us mere mortals with your lessons and thoughts:D

Nothing 'mere' about you Dave ;).

I met Descartes down the pub, he's only any use once he's had a few, but aren't we all. Philosophy is helped by alchohol.....as long as your audience is also plastered.

Notice Graham asked 'Whos your favourite?' not 'Whos the best philosopher' this suggests familiarity with the person to me....so unless you've also met some of those fine minds down the pub*, you HAVE to vote for ME, the week minded gibbering but familiar fool :). I voted for myself in a 'i think therefore i am' kind of way. :D

*http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/62642/Monty_Python/Bruce's_Philosophers_Song/

Dave Hancock
19th-August-2003, 02:03 PM
Good lyrics DS, but for some reason they seemed to omit you, am sure you could add a line or two yourself......

Dave Hancock
19th-August-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Nothing 'mere' about you Dave ;).

Have you been talking to the ladies again????

Chicklet
19th-August-2003, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
you HAVE to vote for ME, the week minded gibbering but familiar foway. :D

you have a whole WEEK in there???

I'm sure the rest of us thought a couple of hours stuff at the most! Doh, just remembered, you'll have inserted the USB thingie by now!!!!:rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-August-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet

you have a whole WEEK in there???

good point. most people have a lifetimes worth of stuff in there - so a weeks worth isnt much. Saw you on Saturday though, so i'll still recognise you tommorrow night :). Ive not seen...erm..thingy ..you know....for over a week though.

Emma
19th-August-2003, 03:29 PM
I only like seven foot tall blue philosophers :)

Tiggerbabe
19th-August-2003, 08:13 PM
*Oi* Mr Smurf - you're way out in front :wink:

Curtain
19th-August-2003, 08:15 PM
I reckon Nietzsche gets it by a whisker. Anyone who promoted the idea of hedonistic dionysian revelry is alright in my book.

Apollo sucks!!

CJ
19th-August-2003, 10:51 PM
NO Socrates????????

:confused:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-August-2003, 11:25 PM
Socrates isn't there as, let's face it, he'd be a contender.

However, some of you havent voted for me and are obviously not taking this seriously enough. :D

Can we stop the poll while I'm winning ? :D After all, all the best governmental polls stop when they've already reached the correct result :)

Dave Hancock
20th-August-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Curtain
I reckon Nietzsche gets it by a whisker. Anyone who promoted the idea of hedonistic dionysian revelry is alright in my book.

NERD :na: :na:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-August-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
NERD :na: :na:

Nerds are not usually known for their love of hedonism..are they ? It'd be funny to think Bill Gates goes round to Hugh Heffners house :D

TheTramp
20th-August-2003, 09:22 AM
Ummm. I'm sure that nerds are as keen on hedonism as everyone else.

They just find it harder to get any!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Monika
21st-August-2003, 07:52 AM
DS

...no Spinoza...?!
I guess I'll just have to vote for you as well then. ;)

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves"

xSalsa_Angelx
21st-August-2003, 01:13 PM
DS .. looks like you get my vote too ..... never heard of any of the others..

:D

Graham
23rd-August-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, DS, how does it feel to be as popular as Chomksy, Descartes, Kant, Nietzsche, Plato, Sartre and Wittgenstein put together?

Graham
23rd-August-2003, 05:29 PM
I have striven not to laugh at DS's actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them

(One of you ought to get this!)

My striving hasn't been a complete success, incidentally :wink:

TheTramp
24th-August-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Graham
I have striven not to laugh at DS's actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them

(One of you ought to get this!)

Well, theoretically, Monika should I believe :D

Steve

Jive Brummie
3rd-April-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
NO Socrates????????

:confused:

I'm with you on this one CJ........... How can Socrates be missed when two modern day icons (Bill & Ted) thought he was so coooooooooooool...........dudes!!!:waycool:

James......x

p.s. The forementioned Bill, is by no means to be interpreted as Bill 'BTC' Foreman...........I thank you:wink:

fruitcake
4th-April-2004, 12:35 PM
Um..... I hardly know any of them.
I think my favourite phoilospher would be Zaphod Beeblebrox actually.
Fruitcake

Dreadful Scathe
5th-April-2004, 08:23 PM
STOP VOTING - i won ages ago and my plaque is already on the wall. All votes will be ignored :)

Pammy
6th-April-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
STOP VOTING - i won ages ago and my plaque is already on the wall. All votes will be ignored :)

You have a lot of stuff on your walls don't you :wink:

Px