PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime Having a Fit

Jamie
12th-July-2007, 04:54 PM
Any idea why this (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4592/helpou5.jpg) is happening whenever I try to play a .mov or .3gp file with QuickTime?

I've recently formatted my computer and they used to play fine on QT before the format, I backed them to my USB flash drive, loaded em back on to the fresh install of Win XP Pro and QT has a fit whenever you try to play them! The sound still comes out, but you get fuzzyness like in the picture. (yes that is a technical term)

Bloody apple products! :mad:

Lee Bartholomew
12th-July-2007, 04:57 PM
Have you tried going to the quicktime web site and re-installing?

Quick time is abunch of @rse. Always crashes my machine. Same with real player.

Jamie
12th-July-2007, 05:02 PM
Have you tried going to the quicktime web site and re-installing?

Yep, 3 times, just to be sure.

Lee Bartholomew
12th-July-2007, 05:08 PM
It could be the drivers for your graphics card.

If you right click on the desktop then go to properties you will see a tab saying settings. Click that then post what it says under display (something along the lines of "Plug and play monitor on an intel 6486" )

Cruella
12th-July-2007, 05:08 PM
From my previous experience of seeing you and Imogen together, I would imagine it's probably in shock and decided it's unfit for human eyes. :na:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-July-2007, 02:35 PM
Do other files play ok on QT? I would guess yes and your .mov files are corrupt! (normally that looks like a sympton of invalid/missing codecs but if they're .mov files and its QT that should not be an issue)

You don't need to use QT, you can use quicktime alternative (http://www.free-codecs.com/QuickTime_Alternative_download.htm). And this way you can confirm your files are corrupt.

ducasi
13th-July-2007, 02:58 PM
There's a setting in the Quicktime Control Panel that tells it to be more careful how it works with your graphics card. Go to the Advanced tab, then look for something called "safe mode (GDI only)".

See if turning that on fixes it.

Jamie
16th-July-2007, 05:20 PM
There's a setting in the Quicktime Control Panel that tells it to be more careful how it works with your graphics card. Go to the Advanced tab, then look for something called "safe mode (GDI only)".

See if turning that on fixes it.

Thanks fella, it worked! :D