PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 22nd November: ABERDEEN - Beach Ballroom.

Pammy
18th-August-2003, 12:23 PM
I have now booked my flights (21st Nov-23rd Nov) so I can come up and see all you all!

Can't wait to meet you all :grin: This Beach Ballroom thing sounds interesting; hope you're all going to be there! At least if you want to avoid me, three months notice should be enough :wink:

Sheep-boy is otherwise engaged, although I think he should change his mind. Hope you'll all look after me in his absence. It'll be odd not following the flock! :wink:

I'm staying with my good m8 Trampy.

Think he should come down to London more though!

See you all soon!

Pammy xx

Lorna
18th-August-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Pam,

you just missed a great weekend in Perth, however the party in November is going to be great. Some of us are hoping to put a band together to perform at the party. That should be a laugh if nothing else. The line up so far looks like:

CJ - bass guitar/guitar
Dave Robinson - drums/vocals
Franck - whatever he can play (I think guitar/keyboard)
Lindsey - keyboards/vocals
Tim (my hubby) - guitar/bass guitar
Lisa - vocals
Me - vocals/drums/keyboard whatever!

We just need to get our butts in gear now and get a final list together.

Looking forward to seeing you there and everyone else, this is one party you don't want to miss! :wink:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lorna

this is one party you don't want to miss! :wink:

Aw gee Lorna! Do I have to?

:wink: See you in Aberdeen this Saturday first though - and don't worry Pammy the whole world would love to be at the Beach Ballroom party but it's just that Franck limits the number of tickets so you need to make sure you get one early :D :D

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
18th-August-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Lorna
Some of us are hoping to put a band together to perform at the party. That should be a laugh if nothing else.

I play the bagpipes should they be required :o

Grant
22nd-August-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Pammy

At least if you want to avoid me, three months notice should be enough :wink:

Now why would we want to avoid meeting the lady of the shrunken head?
Just promise you won't rip our arms off for souvenirs :wink:
Looking forward to meeting you and having a dance. :nice:
:cheers:
Grant

michael
22nd-August-2003, 10:34 PM
This sounds like it would be great fun. Might well go if i get the time.

Just a few points like is Franck organising a special deal somewhere for accomodation??

Also how many went to the last dance there and how many expected at this one? Also is it on till 1am or later. yum:

I always feel the dance nights in general just seem to end just that wee bit too soon: Another wee hour would be great:D

Wonder if Sheena is busking in the city during the day? Perhaps doing a wee dance routine with the other mad hatters. Hope she has practiced her dance moves well, particular "The Tease" bearing in mind the safety aspect. :innocent:

Surprising Franck didn't declare a workshop for just that move:D

Tiggerbabe
22nd-August-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by michael
This sounds like it would be great fun. Might well go if i get the time.
I would make time if I were you Michael, the Beach Ballroom is not to be missed. That sprung dancefloor is just a treat :wink:

Just a few points like is Franck organising a special deal somewhere for accomodation??
A whole host of people stayed at the Patio Hotel last time, it's a 4 star hotel and 2 minutes walking distance from the venue. There are usually weekend deals from adverts in Scotland on Sunday.

Also how many went to the last dance there and how many expected at this one? Also is it on till 1am or later. yum:
The last dance was a sell out Michael - and I've no doubt this one will be too. The midsummer party went on until 2am. :D

Wonder if Sheena is busking in the city during the day? Perhaps doing a wee dance routine with the other mad hatters. Hope she has practiced her dance moves well, particular "The Tease" bearing in mind the safety aspect. :innocent:
Ehrm - No, I wasn't planning to be busking, think there might be workshops on during the day.
And don't worry, I'll practise "The Tease" tomorrow at the Northern Hotel and see how the Aberdeen guys like it :innocent: - although it's maybe a bit unfair if they weren't at the workshop - they might get a bit worried :rofl:

Surprising Franck didn't declare a workshop for just that move:D
Oh there's time yet :wink:

LilyB
2nd-September-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Will
If you did I'm afraid that the rumour is incorrect. I am doing a showcase the night before in Oxford, so it ain't logistically possible this time......

But you could come up for the November dance in Aberdeen? :wink:

LilyB

Tiggerbabe
2nd-September-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
But you could come up for the November dance in Aberdeen? :wink:

LilyB

Hey, good thinking Lily - how about it Will?

You could even bring your old pal Mr Wong with you - I'm sure you'd both have a great time..................it's a fab venue, sprung dance floor, friendly host,sweeties, wonderful dancers (well Lily is coming after all :wink: ), great music etc etc etc

Will
2nd-September-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Hey, good thinking Lily - how about it Will?

You could even bring your old pal Mr Wong with you - I'm sure you'd both have a great time..................it's a fab venue, sprung dance floor, friendly host,sweeties, wonderful dancers (well Lily is coming after all :wink: ), great music etc etc etc

I can't speak for the Wongster, but I'd come up if I could get a seat on the Barker Airways Private Jet! :wink:

michael
3rd-September-2003, 10:40 AM
Honestly Sheena tempting Will with "sweeties"what next:yum:

A packet of Air Waves perhaps???

It has all the makings of an incredible night i shall just have to go now.

To think i was a mere 16yr old when i was last up on Aberdeen oh how time flies when you are enjoying yourself:D

Pammy
15th-September-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Just to reiterate, north would be good.....someone get me out of London for the weekend!

Well, I'm going up for the Beach Ballroom party to Scotland in November, if you decide to go up for that, let me know and we can sit together on the plane! :grin:

Px

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm going up for the Beach Ballroom party to Scotland in November, if you decide to go up for that, let me know and we can sit together on the plane! :grin:

Px

You may be on young lady, you may be on. I'd need to find the dates and prices and try to square things with work and uni...could always do a sicky. Planes in November!!! ohmygodweregoingdowninaballofflames!!!!! Nope, just a little turbulence.

Pammy
15th-September-2003, 10:30 AM
Planes in November!!! ohmygodweregoingdowninaballofflames!!!!! Nope, just a little turbulence.

:what: :sick: :tears:

You're not a nervous flyer are you?

I'm not nervous; until I'm sitting next to someone who is!

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 10:37 AM
No, I wouldn’t say ‘nervous’ flyer...not when there are sooo many choice adjectives in this rich, purple language to choose from. :D
Nah, I’m much better than I used to be. If you can fly Aeroflot, then there is very little in life to be scared off.:nice:

Lounge Lizard
15th-September-2003, 05:53 PM

Px
Can I sit the other side as I am hoping to go as well
:grin:

TheTramp
15th-September-2003, 06:32 PM
Yeah. And you can all share the sofa bed at my place too :D

Steve

Tiggerbabe
15th-September-2003, 06:49 PM
You may be on young lady, you may be on. I'd need to find the dates and prices and try to square things with work and uni...could always do a sicky. Planes in November!!! ohmygodweregoingdowninaballofflames!!!!! Nope, just a little turbulence.

Well there is an airport in Aberdeen, you know, so you don't need to fly to Edinburgh and then travel from there.
The Patio Hotel usually does weekend rates if you book it early enough and it's only 2 minutes walking distance from the Beach Ballroom. If not, I'm sure there are lots of B&Bs nearby too.
I'm sure Franck said there were workshops on the Saturday and Sunday so you need to make a whole weekend of it :wink:

A good choice Boomer - it's a fab venue and well worth risking the plane flight for :waycool:

Honestly you'll be fine :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
15th-September-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

Honestly you'll be fine :hug:

aeroplane flight to Aberdeen ? you're dycing with death :D

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Can I sit the other side as I am hoping to go as well
:grin:

Sounds like a plan brewing to me!:waycool: A lizard, a gorilla and a plastic dolly...Soctland the Brave, I fear your bravery may be tested:D The more the merrier if you ask me!

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
:rofl: Oh thanks a bunch mate!

Sheena, I'd heard there was lots going on over that weekend, once I've confirmed this, this will fit in perfectly with my plans. I'd hoped to do more than fly up, dance, fly home. I really want to see if the heathens of thistle and glenn :D are as friendly in person, as they are on the posts.:cheers: Will have to look at prices for flights to Aberdeen, and B&B's and figure out the logistics - fingers crossed.

Tramp, dont tempt me with the sofa...mind you, sharing a room with Pammy(tm)!:what: Nattering about nickers and the gastronomic delights of champers and tomatoes? And the gossip! Ee gods!:D :blush:

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Just checked prices to Aberdeen....oh my god DS, that pun was truely awful..and I fell for it:sad:

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, Opodo has flights for £72 inc. retrun to Abs. Thats leaving on Fri or Sat (21sy 22nd) and returning on mon 24th Nov. Not sure how this affects you re:Dec. The Hotel Sheena mention has just received an email from me. Will let you know what they say Re: prices.

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, ...this affects you re:Dec. ...

That should read 'Re: Dec.' not a smiley

Boomer
15th-September-2003, 11:23 PM
The hotel, £49.50 per night for a single:sad: Anybody recommend a B&B?

Tiggerbabe
15th-September-2003, 11:30 PM
That should read 'Re: Dec.' not a smiley

I think he was referring to the actual thread and not our hi-jacking of it.............which is why we've all been moved and he hasn't :D

By the way - The Patio is a 4 star hotel and has a lovely pool, gym etc if that makes any difference but if you're joining us for the usual partying malarky you'll not have any time left for the healthy pursuits :D :D

LilyB
16th-September-2003, 10:41 AM
Well, Opodo has flights for £72 inc. retrun to Abs. Thats leaving on Fri or Sat (21sy 22nd) and returning on mon 24th Nov.
Have you tried EasyJet, flying from Luton? They had a very special offer when we booked about 3 weeks ago. Even if the offer is no longer on, they might still be cheaper then Opodo.

LilyB

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
Have you tried EasyJet, flying from Luton? They had a very special offer when we booked about 3 weeks ago. Even if the offer is no longer on, they might still be cheaper then Opodo.

LilyB

That's who I'm flying with. We could get the same flight :grin:

Or, if you want to avoid me:tears:, I'm flying up on:-

Friday 21 November, flight 15
departs London Luton at 11:10, arrives Edinburgh at 12:25

It cost me just under £50 b.t.w.

Px

Boomer
16th-September-2003, 11:25 AM
I shall look into Easyjet....but are they relaible? I hear so many complaints about them.

The hotels pool and gym etc are of little interst to me...I plan to boogie boogie boogie...andboogiesomemore.

Four stars!!!!! Students dont get grants these days you know, youngfellamilad/littlemissy. We have to work for our livings...:tears:

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 11:29 AM
I shall look into Easyjet....but are they relaible? I hear so many complaints about them.

Well, if you come Friday morning with me, you'll have time for a few delays, and we can entertain ourselves by going through some red moves in the departure lounge!! :wink:

Px

Boomer
16th-September-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, if you come Friday morning with me, you'll have time for a few delays, and we can entertain ourselves by going through some red moves in the departure lounge!! :wink:

Px

Checks for Grant!!!! Breaths sigh of relief:D It seems the flight will be no probs, one way or the other, but I could still do with some recommendations for cheap B&B's in the local.

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 11:59 AM
Checks for Grant!!!! Breaths sigh of relief:D It seems the flight will be no probs, one way or the other, but I could still do with some recommendations for cheap B&B's in the local.

Well, I'm staying with Tramp-kins, so can't help there. Anyone know of any good'ens?

Px

Boomer
16th-September-2003, 02:17 PM
Hmmm... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3112426.stm)

And I was just a touch concered about flying? Looking forward to the flight now.

P.S Hope no one was on that train

Franck
16th-September-2003, 02:35 PM

The hotels pool and gym etc are of little interst to me...I plan to boogie boogie boogie...andboogiesomemore. Excellent news Boomer and I hope you manage to visit and sample the now infamous Scottish hospitality!

As others have mentioned, you can fly to Aberdeen fairly cheaply these days (and it might be worth checking British Airways too as they sometimes offer cheap bargains - www.ba.com )

Re. the hotel, the best deal would be to find somebody to share a room with, as twin rooms are around 65 pounds for week rates, but only £57.00 at the week-end (only 28.50 per person incl. breakfast) The hotel is brilliant because it is only 2 minutes walk from the Beach Ballroom. Anything else will involve a drive / taxi ride or long walk!

Finally, I'll post more details soon but the 22nd November is getting more special by the minute. I have now confirmed the Jive Aces Band, and they will play for us, with their energy packed style! :D :waycool:

There will also be some new workshops around the party, including some special workshops for Beginners / Intermediate as well as Style etc... :nice:

Franck.

Grant
16th-September-2003, 02:37 PM
Checks for Grant!!!! Breaths sigh of relief:D
surely you mean cheques for grant. :wink:
i'll be in aberdeen if you feel you have some debts to settle :D

grant

Boomer
16th-September-2003, 03:06 PM
Franck, cheers for the news, looking forward to the workshops!:D

Grant! Ee gods you've been quite, you must be out on parole:D Be good to put a face to the posts, just off to see if I can find someone who wants to share a room with a 400lb (actually 178lbs) soon to be big fat sweaty gorilla. Wish me luck:cheers: or not as the case may be:tears:

Pammy
16th-September-2003, 03:33 PM
Grant! Ee gods you've been quite, you must be out on parole:D

Nah, they'd never let him out would they?

Have you booked your flight yet B? Try and get the same time, it'll be a good laugh going together :grin:

Grant
16th-September-2003, 03:36 PM
Grant! Ee gods you've been quite
i've been quite what? :D

grant

Boomer
16th-September-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Grant
i've been quite what? :D

grant

:sorry :rofl: :blush: 'Doh' springs to mind.

Pammy, need to assure accomodtion befor I do the ticket. Will try to book for the same flight though.

Boomer
9th-October-2003, 12:41 PM
Things look like they're moving at last. Franck, had a quick perouse around the website didn't find the relevant info (it was a quick look:blush: ), any news on tickets, cost, availability, booking on-line, that kind of thing?