PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona was hot!

Debster
18th-August-2003, 10:43 AM
Just back late last night from the Barcelona Ceroc Dance Holiday.

WAHOOO!!!

A great time was had by all and I was trying to promote the forum here as a great way for people to keep in touch and stay involved in dancing. Please drop a line if you were on the holiday! I met a few forum members and lurkers there...

I think Ron was the only Scottish guy on the trip. A great bloke from Aberdeen. (Ron - have you signed up to the forum yet???) He was really the person to blame for a woman biting both of James nipples under the table on the last night... :eek: (That wasn't a typical evening for the trip I should add... :D)

I'll try and get my photos online ASAP. I hope we can get Jim's photos too... he was quietly following all the action and collecting incriminating evidence.

We had a great holiday despite the sweltering heat. Dancing outdoors between midnight and 4am, or close enough to the beach to have a swim to cool down between dances was the best solution. :D :D

Keep in touch guys!
Hugs,

TheTramp
18th-August-2003, 10:47 AM
Welcome back Debs. Sounds like you had a great time....

Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks :D

Steve

Debster
21st-August-2003, 12:15 PM
Thanks Tramp ;)

In case anyone is reading and not writing, the plan is to go to Fulham next Tuesday night to catch up with each other again.

I have also started to put up my photos... hopefully they'll all be there next week. Barcelona photos (http://pages.britishlibrary.net/deb.w/barcelona03/)
:cheers:

Will
21st-August-2003, 12:26 PM
So is there a story that goes with this one? :wink:

http://pages.britishlibrary.net/deb.w/barcelona03/images/bb37_jorge.jpg

Debster
24th-August-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Will
So is there a story that goes with this one? :wink:

http://pages.britishlibrary.net/deb.w/barcelona03/images/bb37_jorge.jpg
Yep :D

TheTramp
24th-August-2003, 11:08 AM
And are you going to tell us??? :D

Steve

Keith
24th-August-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi Debb's,
Sorry it's taken so long, I did warn you.
Just to reiterate, Barcelona is a fantastic dance venue, over the week we joined in with Jive (Obviously) some of the local Lindy Hoppers & 1000's of the local Salsa dancers! Very friendly & very talented guys.
As Debb's said, lots of dancing in the streets, around the beach, who needs aircon, I find a quick dip far more inviting, and in some fantastic venues. Any one visiting must dance at the La Paloma, off Las Tigres, near the University.
Any way, on with the personals, met some fantastic people there from all around the country, Debb's obviously being the nicest, most talented & the best looking, although lots of other gorgeous folk to. Too many to mention but a big thanks to the teachers there who made a huge effort on the social scene, besides having taken two hour lessons each day. Some great dances with Annalisa, George (Yep the female one) & Charlotte, thanks for the dances & your hospitality, oh yeh their guys weren't bad either, Jane says hi to you all.
Already had my first ‘post Barcelona’ get together, last night at Stockport Town Hall, with a surprising visit by Pam, still holding on to her tan. Great to see you again, so soon.
Look forward to seeing you all in the not so distant future,
Keith
P.S Debb's is just the finest dancer, anyone not yet had the pleasure, must travel down & seek her out! Thanks again x

TheTramp
24th-August-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Keith
P.S Debb's is just the finest dancer, anyone not yet had the pleasure, must travel down & seek her out! Thanks again x I agree :D :D

Steve

Sandy
24th-August-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Debster
Just back late last night from the Barcelona Ceroc Dance Holiday.

WAHOOO!!!

We had a great holiday despite the sweltering heat. Dancing outdoors between midnight and 4am, or close enough to the beach to have a swim to cool down between dances was the best solution. :D :D

Sounds fantastic. I'm off with several others from Aberdeen to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, in November so hoping that our holiday will be as much fun as yours obviously was.

I think it might not be just as warm but will be in the 70's so a swim in between sounds like a good idea...and maybe a few long cool drinks!

Anyone else from the forum going to Las Palmas???

Sandy:wink:

Mary
24th-August-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Sounds fantastic. I'm off with several others from Aberdeen to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, in November so hoping that our holiday will be as much fun as yours obviously was.

I think it might not be just as warm but will be in the 70's so a swim in between sounds like a good idea...and maybe a few long cool drinks!

Anyone else from the forum going to Las Palmas???

Sandy:wink:

Yeah. Not booked yet, but we were thinking of going as we haven't had a summer holiday, and thought it might be fun. Will keep you posted if we book. Just off to BB for splurge 1. Anyone else going?

Mary

Debster
24th-August-2003, 11:21 PM
Guys - guys - stop! Too much!:hug: :hug: My head will be too big to fit into the forum! You know I couldn't dance without you! Keith- really- the dances with you were a highlight of my week ;) Especially when we had all that space at Luz de Gas. :)

Sandy, Mary and others, I'm sure Las Palmas will be fantastic too because Bill Cooper will be teaching (the teacher I demo with on Thursdays) with his wife Becky, and they are great fun. Besides, with a bunch of Ceroc addicts, how could you go wrong? Plus other Ceroc greats will be there, such as some of the winners from the Ceroc Champs in May. You'll be in for a real treat. :cheers: Wish I could be there too!! Have Fun!!:cheers:

TheTramp
25th-August-2003, 08:19 AM
Sounds great Debs.

You don't think that after I get that dance that he's promised me on the 6th, Bill might take me as his demo instead of Becky, do you?? :D

Steve

Sandy
25th-August-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Debster

Sandy, Mary and others, I'm sure Las Palmas will be fantastic too because Bill Cooper will be teaching (the teacher I demo with on Thursdays) with his wife Becky, and they are great fun.

Sounds brill. Lorna and Bill from Aberdeen are also teaching/demoing so that will also be fantastic and promises lots of fun.

CAN'T WAIT:grin:

Sandy x

Debster
26th-August-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

You don't think that after I get that dance that he's promised me on the 6th, Bill might take me as his demo instead of Becky, do you?? :D
Nope - but only because you are at the back of the queue, and I'm not budging!!
:wink:

D x

TheTramp
27th-August-2003, 12:31 AM
But you've already been once this year :( Don't be greedy!! :D

Steve