PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations all round!!!

Heather
17th-August-2003, 10:00 AM
:D :D Not often I get a chance to beat the Lovely Sheena to the first word on the Forum, so here goes!!!:wink:

First of all congratulations to Lorna and Franck for their stunning winning performance in the Jivemasters Competition in Perth last night. We wish you all the best for the Finals in London in September.
Congratulations also to the other couples, Sheena and Brady, Melanie and James and Fran and Bill. You all danced your hearts out, I'm glad it was you out there and not me!! What a nerve wracking experience, and you were all fantastic!!!
Congratulations to Franck for organising such a brilliant party, the Bells Sports Arena has got to be seen to be believed,it's HUGE!!!! Everyone I spoke to was having a great time, so round of approval all round. I had a fab time, lots of lovely dances, can't wait for the next one.
David and Lily!!! Well, what can I say? A simply breathtaking cabaret performance !!! I thought I could dance, and then I see you two!!!:sick:
Workshops from David and Lily, interesting, informative, and entertaining,certainly gave us food for thought!!
Looking forward to todays workshops with the brilliant Adam Nathanson, if they are as good as Aberdeen, I am sure I will have a fantastic day!!!

All in all a perfect weekend!!!:wink:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
17th-August-2003, 03:56 PM
Sounds like I missed another great w'end, well done Franck and Lorna !
:cheers:

michael
17th-August-2003, 07:55 PM
Could not have put it better Heather:D The best £54.00 i have ever spent i reckon. Even the Dance Night was like a sort of workshop for learning. Wow what dancers!!!

i found all the workshops great! I did hear a few mention that the musical interpretation one was way above them, way too far advanced. I thought it was superb for exactly that reason. I spent all night trying to hit the break and only managed once all night. Yes it was the "Torchlight Gaze" that lily talked about but that was all i had hoped for......just now. The important point was that i now knew what i must do in the future and how you have to listen to the music in a different manner from what i had been doing (just simply listening in general). I will now be hoping for Blues music to make it easier to hit the break while other more intermeddiate dancers will be hitting the break and doing something during the break. Other more advanced dancers will be going a stage further and getting all the difficult breaks and moving etc. Poor me thought all i had to do was learn some more moves).:blush: Franck your destroying my er, social life :devil:

Now about those rather far away moves at the Adam Nathanson workshop: Could someone Please please please talk to the Glagow and Edinburgh class DJs and persuade him to Slow the music down a little (a lot really) because some of us have to practice these moves quite a lot.

Now come on ladies we dont want you getting injured do we. Practice makes it Purrrrrrfect (damn computer).:blush: ):D

Dance Demon
17th-August-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by michael

Now about those rather far away moves at the Adam Nathanson workshop: Could someone Please please please talk to the Glagow and Edinburgh class DJs and persuade him to Slow the music down a little (a lot really) because some of us have to practice these moves quite a lot.

Well Michael You can always practice them once a month at Route 66......Dance Demons late nite blues & Jazz set:waycool:

Marlene
17th-August-2003, 09:07 PM
I admire all 4 couples for their bravery and would like to congratulate you all a great performances:cheers:

Special congratulations to Lorna and Franck for getting through to the Finals:kiss:

It was the look on Lorna's face that was classic - it was a mixture of shock and abject horror.:what:

Lorna and Franck, go show them in London what you do every week and put Scotland on the map yet again!!

I hope some Scots can get down there with you to cheer you on

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2003, 09:55 PM
Yup! Totally agree - it's been a fantastic weekend.
HUGE congratulations to Lorna and Franck - they were fantastic - wishing you both all the very best of luck for the finals in London :hug:

Lily and David's workshops were so informative and have given me so much to think about - Adam's today were as good as the last ones in Aberdeen. That routine in the afternoon was just superb - I've been singing Latin Lover ever since :wink: What an achievement to get everyone dancing the same routine after just 2 hours - Graham, you were fantastic babe :kiss:

Can't add anything about David and Lily's cabaret, except to say if you weren't in Perth to witness it :na:
It was the most awesome display of aerials dancing I have ever seen - Lily must be the most elegant woman on the whole planet! Oh and I was lucky enough to get two dances with David B later on :drool:

Thanks Franck for all of your hard work in organising everything for the weekend (I hope you managed to enjoy it too :D) and for bringing David, Lily and Adam up to teach - is the hall booked for next year?

:hug: :hug:

Lorna
17th-August-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi,

huge thanks to everyone for their support on Saturday night. It was a very nervous evening for most of us and I felt honoured to be dancing in this heat with Scotland's finest : Bill and Fran, Sheena and Brady and Mel and James. You guys were fantastic!

What a weekend. :grin: If you weren't there then shame on you. Franck did himself proud again in organising a spectacular weekend of events. Well Done, you can relax now, well, until September 20th. :wink: Champion!!

Lily and David, thank you both for such a wonderful day, you are both incredibly graceful, creative and inspiring. Looking forward to your next visit north of the border and good luck with your next competition!

Adam, thank you for yet another round of fantastic moves which Lisa and I will be fighting over to teach next week. :yum: Lisa looked incredible up there with you. See you next month.

Had some great dances throughout the weekend, the music was fab and that hall is amazing. Why can't this be the venue for the Scottish Champs?

Looking forward to representing Scotland with Franck at Jivemasters 2003. I only hope that some of you guys will be there to cheer us on, we'd really appreciate it! :sick:

Thanks everyone for such a great weekend, hope you all enjoyed!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Gadget
18th-August-2003, 08:42 AM
Nothing much to add, but I will anyway :D...

Fantastic weekend.

The workshops on Saturday were so packed with information that it will take me months to absorb it all, let alone incorporate it into my dancing. :D

The party - great venue, I can't complain about any of the music played except to say that it was so good, I missed the ice cream because I was dancing so much {:tears::grin:}

The competition - amazing guys; there was very little to choose between you all. Congratz Franck & Lorna - you put on a fine show. {That first track was hardly what I would call "slow"}

The show-casses - wow. :what: :waycool:

Thank you to all the ladys - it has never occured to me just how good the talent is up here {in all conentations of the word}. And a special thank you to all the ladys who traveled from down south; the night just dissapeared before I could invite you onto the floor again - my loss.
If the evening had gone on twice as long, I think I would still have wanted it to continue.

Adam's workshops were, again, entertaining and informative; I love the the amazing moves, but especially the little subtaltys{sp?} in them.

Now I have to start saving up for the Ozzie w/end!!! :tears:

Dance Demon
18th-August-2003, 09:23 AM
Just thought I'd add my tuppenceworth..
Another excellent weekend, well organised with no hitches. David and Lily B were fantastic, and to echo Sheenas comments about their cabaret......WOW!!!!! one of the most awesome diplays of aerial dancing I have ever seen, and all with stunning elegance. Adam was his usual entertaining self, and is probably the best teacher I have come across. The venue was HUGE and it's just a pity that all the Cerocers in Scotland didn't get to know about it, as it would have added even more to the atmosphere if the floor had been more packed.....ah well maybe next time eh.. :wink: Thanx to the Dundee maD crew for all the laffs and fab dances........and finally thanx to Franck for organising yet another great weekend with top teachers, and for inviting me to DJ. Mrs Demon an' me had a ball.
:cheers:

PS well done all the couples in the Jivemasters heat....and Congrats to Franck & Lorna......go sock it to 'em guys:waycool:

DavidB
18th-August-2003, 10:16 AM
A big thank you to Franck for inviting us up, and for everyone for making us feel so welcome.

I hope everyone managed to get at least something from our workshops. I didn't want them to be the same as a normal class or workshop - I figured that Adam would be far better than we could ever be at that! I wanted to give people some ideas that they could think about over the next few weeks and months whilst they are dancing. It was all way above my head when I heard it the first time as well!

I'll email the notes I prepared to Franck, as I understand the printed copies ran out quite early.

I'd like to add my appreciation to the 4 couples who competed in the Jive Masters. I find it nerve-wracking to do a cabaret, even though I know the music, have a routine, have practised like mad and have done it plenty of times before. But to dance by yourself for the first time, in front of all your friends (who have suddenly become judges!), to unfamiliar music, with just 2 weeks notice, takes a lot of guts.

On Sunday morning I heard a song on the radio - it finished with the line "Dance until your feet set on fire". I think that sums up the weekend for me!

David (and Lily)

Lisa
18th-August-2003, 10:41 AM
Well done to all Jivemasters couples, you all danced well. It’s a brave thing to get up there on your own and entertain everyone. Many many congratulations to Lorna and Franck…you guys were great. Go get ‘em next month. I have my fingers crossed that I can make it down to cheer you on in the final.

What superb workshops from David and Lily. I’ve taken away lots to think about and work on. Lily was stunning, always a joy to watch (with my jaw on the floor in admiration!)

What a first class teacher our latin lover Adam is. I really enjoyed his workshops and new moves.. …..I wonder why?! I was a very lucky gal to dance them with him!!!! Oh yes… I did have permission from Mandy!

Lorna’s right…. we’ll be fighting over who’s teaching what from all workshops. We made a start on the journey home!

Thanks for organising another great weekend Franck. I just wanted you to know how much we all appreciate everything you do for all us dancers in Scotland.

Right ...anyone made a start naming Adam's moves?

Lisa x

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2003, 10:53 AM
Ooooh Lily. Most impressive aerials ive ever seen in real life, didnt touch the ground much at all :). She can't float on her own of course, well done DavidB :). Great classes too, i got a lot out of that. I'll try it all out at Hipsters when i go for the first time next Wednesday 27th.

Yet again my dancing ranged from great to awful*, not enough practice recently. Sorry Lisa and Lorna for very stuttering dances!

Did anyone else find it a tad dark during freestyle ? :)
Apart from that, a really good night.

*at least by my own standards, feel free to disagree :)

Lisa
18th-August-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Sorry Lisa and Lorna for very stuttering dances!

What you talking about Nik? They were great dances ....well for me anyway! Nice to see you and Fi. It's been too long.

Lisa x

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Lisa
They were great dances ....well for me anyway!

thanks, i wasn't fishing for compliments :) you're too nice, and dances with you are always great from my point of view, didnt mean to sound negative you just deserve me at my best :)

hmmm that was almost dangerously 'luvvie' ;)

Franck
18th-August-2003, 11:35 AM
Well, everyone, thanks for the congratulations and best wishes! :nice:

I had a fantastic week-end too :D and I can't thank enough everyone who one way or the other was involved.
David and Lily, you were a pleasure to work with, an inspiration to watch and have taught everyone so much during the day! :cheers:
Adam, was fabulous, though once again, I must give credit to his Demonstrator :wink: Mandy last time, and Lisa this time... What a stunning performance!

I never got a chance to worry about the Jivemasters, and just as well... wow, what a tough thing to do, and I really take my hat off to Bill & Fran, Brady & Sheena and James & Melanie who danced brilliantly and entertained us all...
I am still baffled Lorna and I won, and must thank Lorna for turning all my 'mistakes' into stunning displays of improvisation.
Lorna and I are now clearing our diaries for the Final in September in London, and whatever we do, we will be promoting Scotland as the best place to dance and the most friendly / welcoming :D

Did anyone else find it a tad dark during freestyle ? :) Hi Nik,

I agree the hall was a little too dark, especially at the start, as the sound / light guy hadn't switched on all his rigs... But I felt it was ok, though still on the 'dark side' :wink: after the Ceilidh.
Unfortunately the venue only offered 2 levels of lighting itself: Bright or very Bright...

Cheers,

Franck.

linda
18th-August-2003, 11:42 AM
Just want to add my congrats to Franck. it was a fabulous weekend:grin: Lily and David were awesome, and it was nice to get the oppportunity to get to know you as well. Don't wait too long before you come back please!!! David, thankyou for that dance on the Sunday having missed out on Saturday night, it was a double treat to dance with you on Sunday :grin: Congratulations to Franck and Lorna for great performance,Lorna the 'sexy' one and Franck the 'funny' one:wink: Well done to all the others who took part in the Jivemasters, you were ALL brilliant. Sheena and Steve your cabaret was fab and great fun!! Adam's workshops as usual were brill, even though my feet were killing me and I was tired, I just had to do them all. Loved the latin routine, and the dance on Saturday night (I'm glad Sheena wasn't available!!). I hope you and Mandy enjoy the rest of your holiday. To all the guys who danced with me on Saturday night, a BIG thank you and :hug: :hug: and to all the guys in the workshops, it was great fun dancing and getting the opportunity to get to know you better :wink: Keep practicing those moves for the next party!!!
To those of you that were not there, you missed a BRILLIANT weekend. I hope you can manage the next one that Franck organises, once again, thanks Franck :hug: :hug:

Linda ( the quiet one from the MAd crew)

:hug: :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by linda
(the quiet one from the MAd crew)

thats not likely to get you recognised now is it ? :)

Lisa
18th-August-2003, 11:57 AM

hmmm that was almost dangerously 'luvvie' ;)

Ditto. You have your forum name to live up to!

Lisa x

linda
18th-August-2003, 12:52 PM
thats not likely to get you recognised now is it ? :)

Can't think what you mean!! Heather is 'soft lips' ( I'll let H. explain that one herself:wink: ) Sheena is the 'Dancing Diva' so..... I must be the 'quiet one':wink:

Linda
:hug:

Lorna
18th-August-2003, 12:59 PM
Sorry Lisa and Lorna for very stuttering dances! The dance was lovely, just too short. :nice:

It was nice to actually meet and chat with you at last, despite the introductions, ''What, THE Lorna?'' and me with the ''Ah..... so you're DS?' Hey, we had a laugh trying to master some of those moves.

Hope we dance again soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Lorna
18th-August-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by linda

so..... I must be the 'quiet one':wink:

Linda
:hug: [/B]

Yeah right, and, are you still managing to say that with a straight face? :wink:

So great to see you all again, you guys really know how to party. Hope you're coming up to the party this Saturday in Aberdeen.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Heather
18th-August-2003, 01:05 PM
[i]

Linda ( the quiet one from the MAd crew)

:hug: :hug: [/B]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't kid yourself on Linda,you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool us!!!!!!! Trust me, we don't zip up the back!!:wink:

:hug:
Heather,
XX

Gadget
18th-August-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
Right ...anyone made a start naming Adam's moves?
I've got a couple, but they may change by the time I've finished writing them all up (I'm about 1/2 way through - I'll post them probably tomorrow or wednesday. I've also got the choriographed routine, but I doubt that anyone will be forgetting it too quickly!! :grin: ).

I like "Music box" for the 1st move, lunge, lady freeze, rotate, walk, sweep, double return. :waycool:
"Driven Skuff Walk", "Flowing hug seducer", "Dead man's walk"/"Drag", "Strong arm Layback", "Cheek to Cheek"... are a few of my working titles. Anyone anything better?

{BTW Franck - I take it there will there be another 'workshop' area of the forum?}

Kiwi_Tim
18th-August-2003, 02:16 PM
great to meet some more folks from the forum at Perth - had a blast. Everything else amazing as already written :)

I like the name "music box".
As far as the drag goes, the first thing I thought when I saw it was "caveman" - although thankfully there is no bash on the head first!

Tim

Lisa
18th-August-2003, 03:27 PM
It was caveman esq! :yum: Depends on the caveman I suppose! I'd thought "Takeaway". Liked Gadget's idea too ...that move does remind you of the figurine in a music box.

Lisa x

Graham
18th-August-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Graham, you were fantastic babe :kiss: *modest* I just had a fantastic partner. :grin:

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend. Workshops were ALL really great, competition was fantastic to watch, and sorry for not giving the competitors more "warmth" at the time! It's hard being a judge: at least Lorna and Franck will understand!

And a few really nice dances at the party but I won't do a rollcall - you know who you are!

Kiwi_Tim
18th-August-2003, 03:47 PM
caveman esq

oops! I should qualify my comment in that you two (Lisa/Adam) looked really good doing all the moves, but I couldn't help thinking that when I (a non-Adam) tried the drag, I'd end up looking like I was resorting to ancient methods of persuading a female to join me back at the cave.... :D

Sheepman
18th-August-2003, 04:08 PM
Sounds like you all had a fab w/e (not jealous at all).:rolleyes:
Congrats to Lorna and Franck, I look forward to seeing you at the finals.
Who are the other couple that made it through?

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman

Who are the other couple that made it through?

no one, i thought there was going to be 2 as well like the other heats - but apparantly not !?

Kiwi_Tim
18th-August-2003, 04:29 PM
oh ... that was quick. I thought they were going to select further finalists but since they didn't have enough places for an extra couple from every heat they were going to announce them later on rather than at the night... Had just finished going 'Wow' a lot so may not have been listening straight to what Adam was saying....

Tim

Sheepman
18th-August-2003, 05:11 PM
First posted by DS
no one, i thought there was going to be 2 as well
Hmmm sounds like different rules for north of the border, not that I would want to stir up trouble . . .

G

Kiwi_Tim
18th-August-2003, 05:14 PM
um yeah, hope this isn't a case of the 'Adam said' thing when in reality it is me that has got it all wrong.... :rolleyes: :D

Graham
18th-August-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Kiwi_Tim
um yeah, hope this isn't a case of the 'Adam said' thing when in reality it is me that has got it all wrong.... :rolleyes: :D You didn't get it wrong - you correctly stated the gist of what Adam said. And it is in fact consistent with what's on the main Jive Masters page of Adam's website, which says "The finals will included (sic) all the winners and a number of the highest scored runners up". However the Jive Masters Finals page is not consistent with this. I trust Adam will explain all in the fullness of time.

Kiwi_Tim
18th-August-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the clarification Graham ;)

phew....can leave buying cotton buds until next week now....:D

Colin
18th-August-2003, 07:15 PM
Great party and classes on Sunday. Adam and Lisa were sizzlin and inspired us beginners big time. So much so, I've posted my first chat reply (this one) and I'm headin off to surprise the Glasgow Monday night crowd with some cheek to cheeks and Tommy's seducers. :innocent: If I get arrested will someone please bail me out: Maryhill Police Stn., Maryhill Road.

Colin
(The Maryhill 1)

Emma
18th-August-2003, 07:39 PM
Sounds like you all had a fab w/e (not jealous at all).:rolleyes:
No, me neither...:what:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Colin

Colin
(The Maryhill 1)

As a first post, thats pretty good :D

cerocmetro
18th-August-2003, 11:09 PM
Hi all of you at the dance on saturday and the workshops on sunday.

Firstly thank you all for another brilliant weekend. You guys are seriously good fun and wonderful hosts. I really enjoyed the workshops, even when I went all wobbly during the routine when Lisa,, oh that kiss :yum: sorry memories. :sorry

The Jive Masters. Well done Franck and Lorna. The results were unbelieveably close and the standard was very high. We look forward to seeing you on 20th Sept in London.

OK moving on.

Hmmm sounds like different rules for north of the border, not that I would want to stir up trouble . . .G

THe Scottish Jive Masters heat was an additional one. Nigel Anderson is co-organising this event with me and for one reason or another on Saturday night, I was not sure if we had room for the second placed couple to get through. Which is why I did not say anything.

There is and I really hope that Sheena and Brady will be able to travel down with Franck and Lorna to bolster the Scottish contingent.

Well done Sheena and Brady and we look forward to seeing you too.

On the subject of names for the moves in the UCP workshop. I like the music box idea, and I had never associated the pull drag one with cavemen etc. Nice idea but what do the girlies think? The idea of a move that involved clubbing your partner unconcious so that she would keep to your timing seems a bit harsh.

The tease is the one I want to keep.

I will when I get back from my hols up here, get a play list for you of "that" CD. In return can I have a copy of the video that was taken at the workshops.

I will try really hard to get back up here before we shift to NZ. It is not until November next year, but we have many things to do and organise before we go including having a baby.

A special thank you to Lisa who not only made my day, but was outstandingly brilliant, demonstrating moves so well having only briefly gone through them and performing a routine having never gone through the whole thing. As a franchisee, I would gladly beat Franck over the head to get Lisa down to Ceroc Metro but hey ho. You are right Franck she did make me look good, but she could even make you look good.:wink:

Thank you all again from me and Mandy

Bill
19th-August-2003, 03:14 PM
Congratulations and all the best to Franck & Lorna and to brady and Sheena.

A great day and what was very pleasing was the way all the 'competitors' cheered when one pair was on the floor ! :cheers: We all knew just how nervous everyone else was but wasn't it great when the second song finished :D :na:

I think you'll all do Scotland proud.
:cheers: :D

Rachel
20th-August-2003, 01:17 PM
A rather belated post, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made last weekend in Perth so special. We had a brilliant time - well worth the journey up.

I want to name names, but I can't cos the list would be too long. Though I will just send a huge thank you to Janet for letting us stay on the Friday and for ... well, just being her usual lovely self!

It was fantastic to see everyone and meet so many new people. I had some wonderful dances - and I know Marc did, too. I only wish there had been time for more...

I'm still trying to put into practise everything I learnt on the workshops. So much useful information ... and great fun! I'm really pleased we opted to do all of them - I wouldn't have missed them for the world.

And, of course, many many congratulations to everyone in the JiveMasters. You were all superb, and brilliantly entertaining for us to watch. There is certainly some amazing dancing talent up in Scotland (not that I didn't realise that already!!).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at the JiveMasters final in September. And to seeing everyone else ... well, just as soon as we can make it back up to Scotland! Let us know if any of you are ever coming down south.

Rachel