PDA

View Full Version : WCS in Nottingham

Caz
4th-July-2007, 11:57 PM
Just seen on UK jive that Jive Addiction are starting WCS classes in Nottingham on Monday 9 June 2007. Wondering who will be there????

I can't make it on Monday but would love to go, Nottingham isn't too far for me.

Wondering if I miss the first class tho that it will reflect badly, even tho I have done WCS on weekenders etc.

Caz
6th-July-2007, 07:32 AM
Just seen on UK jive that Jive Addiction are starting WCS classes in Nottingham on Monday 9 June 2007. Wondering who will be there????

I can't make it on Monday but would love to go, Nottingham isn't too far for me.

Wondering if I miss the first class tho that it will reflect badly, even tho I have done WCS on weekenders etc.

oops meant 9 JULY!!!

xx

Paul F
6th-July-2007, 09:17 AM

:clap: Yay! More WCS classes.

Chris is a really nice guy too.

I would say dont worry about it. Organisers and teachers know that people have lives. Im sure it wont reflect badly in any way.

Im assuming these are classes and not a course?

angelique
6th-July-2007, 10:31 AM
Maybe I am being thick but can't seem to find timimgs for this...need to know so can set out for long drive on time.
Is it easy to find etc etc?

Sheepman
6th-July-2007, 12:04 PM
can't seem to find timimgs for this... :confused: Looks like the details are pretty clear on the website.
Doors open: 7.30pm. WCS Class: 7.45pm-8.30pm,
Social Dancing: 8.30-11pm (WCS, blues & smooth jive music)
And regarding the level of the classes -
Initially they will be aimed at absolute beginners and novice WCS dancers. In due course a Novice/Improvers class will be introduced, in addition to the start of a new 6 week beginners course.
I'll be there on Monday, so I hope it's easy to find too, but it's a bit far for me to do as a regular night!

Greg

Caz
6th-July-2007, 04:23 PM
Shame i can't make it on Monday.. Have to taxi dance... Hope it goes well Greg and that you venture this far up North again soon!!!

xxx

johnah
6th-July-2007, 04:57 PM
:clap: Yay! More WCS classes.

Chris is a really nice guy too.

I would say dont worry about it. Organisers and teachers know that people have lives. Im sure it wont reflect badly in any way.

Im assuming these are classes and not a course?

They are regular classes.

Fruity Oranges
7th-July-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll be there along with my hubby and also another couple. Have been to a couple of Chris's classes in Sandbach, they were very laid back and low key. Great! :nice:

Twirlie Bird
7th-July-2007, 04:34 PM
I won't be there but Chris is amazing. :respect: He has so much patience. :sick: He teaches me on a Tuesday at Congleton and his lesson is worth the entrance price alone.

johnah
8th-July-2007, 07:12 PM
I won't be there but Chris is amazing. :respect: He has so much patience. :sick: He teaches me on a Tuesday at Congleton and his lesson is worth the entrance price alone.

That's a shame Twirlie, but yes, agree, Chris is a great teacher. See you soon though I expect. :flower:

angelique
10th-July-2007, 10:32 PM
SO????

How did it go?
Want to hear all about it :flower:

Rob + Ami
10th-July-2007, 10:48 PM
SO????

How did it go?
Want to hear all about it :flower:

Great venue, great floor, had some fantastic dances in the freestyles. Superb night all round - long may it continue! :clap: :clap:

Rob.

angelique
10th-July-2007, 10:50 PM
What about the teaching??

Rob + Ami
10th-July-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh yeah (sorry Chris and Victoria)

Fantasic dancers (super smooth style) the class was set to a level that most WCS beginners could handle without being put off for life.

Well done to all

angelique
10th-July-2007, 11:15 PM
And I hear Sheepman played a stonking set...what's new?? :respect:

johnah
10th-July-2007, 11:48 PM
And I hear Sheepman played a stonking set...what's new?? :respect:

He sure did, shame you missed it, but he'll be back soon.:wink:

johnah
10th-July-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah (sorry Chris and Victoria)

Fantastic dancers (super smooth style) the class was set to a level that most WCS beginners could handle without being put off for life.

Well done to all

:yeah:

jiveaddicted
11th-July-2007, 12:13 AM
well ive heard lots me good about this and nothing bad.Gutted to have missed the first night but i suppose ive got to work to pay for dancing. Roll on monday night only questions are what time does it start and how much is it?

M :-)

johnah
11th-July-2007, 11:04 AM
well ive heard lots me good about this and nothing bad.Gutted to have missed the first night but i suppose ive got to work to pay for dancing. Roll on monday night only questions are what time does it start and how much is it?

M :-)

Doors open 7:30pm; Class 7:45pm; Freestyle 8:30-11pm- £6 on door

jiveaddicted
11th-July-2007, 11:21 AM

Awsome lots me freestyle then :-) only 5 more days to go :-)

jiveaddicted
11th-July-2007, 11:28 AM

Obviously i wont mention it being any cheaper than anywhere else on a monday!!!!

Who else has plans to go on monday?

Fletch i'll year special pants if i know your gonna be there ;-)

Caz
11th-July-2007, 12:41 PM
Shame I missed Monday opening night.. Sounds like it was a good night..

Hoping to come down soon but maybe not this Monday as already promised a friend I would support his venue :flower:

Why can't I be in 3 places at once on a Monday :tears:

Cruella
11th-July-2007, 01:38 PM
I have intentions of taking a break from MJ and concentrating on WCS more. So i'm hoping to come up to Nottingham as often as possible on a Monday. :D With that and Northampton WCS on a Wednesday, I might actually spend longer dancing than travelling for a while!

Wes
11th-July-2007, 05:17 PM
I have intentions of taking a break from MJ and concentrating on WCS more. So i'm hoping to come up to Nottingham as often as possible on a Monday. With that and Northampton WCS on a Wednesday, I might actually spend longer dancing than travelling for a while!

And you will be very welcome.::clap:

Gus
11th-July-2007, 06:50 PM
Spoke to Chris the other night. Sounded like an awesome turnout. Maybe there is yet hope for WCS to gain critical mass :)

Wes
12th-July-2007, 10:55 AM
Spoke to Chris the other night. Sounded like an awesome turnout. Maybe there is yet hope for WCS to gain critical mass

I believe that WCS is happening this time, we have both been around long enough to have seen the Rise and Fall of WCS in the UK several times now, but looking at the amount of venues opening currently with WCS teaching, it really is happening now and with 'critical mass' necessary for it take off properley,:clap: :clap: I obviously hope so and believe that this is the case!:clap:

jiveaddicted
12th-July-2007, 02:39 PM

I believe that WCS is happening this time, we have both been around long enough to have seen the Rise and Fall of WCS in the UK several times now, but looking at the amount of venues opening currently with WCS teaching, it really is happening now and with 'critical mass' necessary for it take off properley,:clap: :clap: I obviously hope so and believe that this is the case!:clap:

I'd have to agree with this ive never felt this sort me excitement and enthusiasm from the people i know about anything a new dance. And i think that with the amount of places that are starting to offer west coast options its only going to get bigger

While there is already the uk west coast championships (thankyou john and wes) and a west coast category for the le roc champs how long till ceroc bring it into there champs!!

I think it also helps that we have got the 3 paul's kinda leading the way british teachers wise and the amazing talent being brought over for select weekenders for me just inspires me to want to dance like they do.

Throw in the fact that i love the funkyer style me music and im jumping straight on the bandwagon :-)

M

Paul F
12th-July-2007, 03:48 PM
I would definately agree that WCS has the potential this time to really take off.

At the moment I have a fantastic group of people on my course who have well and truly amazed me with how enthusiastic they are for the dance. Coupling this with the fact that they are picking it up so quickly makes me increadibly happy and optimistic for the future of WCS.

We still need many more outlets around the country but so far so good.

My only concern with the spread of WCS is the ability of whoever is teaching it to transition people to the technicalities without frightening people off. Invariably everyone has the same driving force when they start WCS - enthusiasm. A teacher really has to be able to maintain this. Different teachers will have different skills in this area but, IMO, this is what is key to hooking enough people to get to critical mass.

As I say though, so far so good from what I can see. :clap:

Wes
12th-July-2007, 06:25 PM

jiveaddicted
16th-July-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh my god what can i say

The venue awsome

The music awsome

The atmosphere awsome think early evening southport blues roomy ish

The only downside for me was my hellish day preventing me from staying past 10 i would have loved to dance all night!!!!

Big thankyou to john and wes for organising it. Im finally learning west coast (all be it very slowly) yay

M

Dorothy
4th-August-2007, 07:26 PM
I would definately agree that WCS has the potential this time to really take off.

At the moment I have a fantastic group of people on my course who have well and truly amazed me with how enthusiastic they are for the dance. Coupling this with the fact that they are picking it up so quickly makes me increadibly happy and optimistic for the future of WCS.

My only concern with the spread of WCS is the ability of whoever is teaching it to transition people to the technicalities without frightening people off. Invariably everyone has the same driving force when they start WCS - enthusiasm. A teacher really has to be able to maintain this. Different teachers will have different skills in this area but, IMO, this is what is key to hooking enough people to get to critical mass.

As I say though, so far so good from what I can see. :clap:
I agree with all of this.
So exciting to see the growth of wcs is going from strength to strength.
Love it love it love it!!